Sign in to follow this  
XeLSiS

Modern Warfare Mod

I think that it's a bit too early to make a MOD for a game which isn't even published yet. it would be better to wait before deciding for a such purpose.

smile_o.gif

Btw we expect to make enhancements for ArmA only if it's required.

If BIS will bring a game which won't need any sound, models, ammunitions values...etc improvements then we won't do anything,though. :P

Regards

TB84

Creating the models can take some time so why don't make them now and import them later especially when normal mapping is supported :P.

BergHoff is right. Nothing wrong about you guys getting it ready for OFPAA when you can import it. Even as a fan of something that hasn't yet been develeped I know that sometimes....you need to wait and see. GIVE IT A GO FELLAS!

@ BergHoff & =|[T0]|=: Thanks for the support you guys  xmas_o.gif

EDIT: We are also looking for A good to great Texture Artist that would be work with Modern for ArmA, please post if interested.

Mein gott, Xel, don't come on the forum like some anonymous person announcing the MOD and expecting anyone to take it seriously. To clarify, Xel heads Kaos Squad (http://www.kaos-squad.org), one of the largest OFP squads out there, of which I'm a member; I'm also one of the people giving a hand. Previously we were working on a mod called Pacific War that was intended for both OFP and AA, but now it is AA only.

Basically, if you want to jump into the new scripting advancements in AA, Modern Warfare could definitely use someone to help bring the high-fidelity content to life. Just to give everyone an example of the kind of refinement we're going for with the objects, here was the P-51 that was going into Pacific War, roughly 3500 polys (max LOD):

p-51.jpg

"anonymous person" Alot of people know me from PW your the "anonymous person" lol whistle.gif

Any, let me deal with this wink_o.gif and PW may not be done, im in talk with Shin more then likely it may come back, oops did I say this in Public lol.

How about Panama or Grenada? Suprized that nobody has mentioned those operations yet. They're modern day and were pretty large scale US ops.

@ dachrinne: We will for sure get a bosnia and chech campaign, that is defenetly on our list, though I cant say for sure when, but we havent decided where to start, I was earlier speculating about the Iran incident and lookin at it, but as I said, nothing for sure yet as a start, but will defenetly get those down.

@ Baz: someone did mention Panama earlier I forget, we might get to those, I'd say 75% chance we will.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep them coming biggrin_o.gif

Current Update on members for ModernWarfare Mod for ArmA

XeLSiS - WRP/Website/Public Affairs

Shinkansen - Models/Textures (Pending)

Klesk - Models/Textures

Sir Louis - Models

FragMASTER - Models (Forgot to add before)

WackiIraqi - WRP

Major_BudDs - Missions/Scripting

Still recruiting! All fields.

Update:

FragMASTER: Modelling M16 and AK74 Base Models.

Sir Louis: Modelling AH-1 pack which will include all varients of the AH-1 Cobra (AH-1A - AH-1Z).

I'd be all for something revolving around Bosnia - or the Rhrodesian Bush War (1970's..). Forgotten wars have a romance all their own. ..

Modern Warfare Modsite due to open before Xmas '05!!!

As promised, the Modern Warfare Mod Site has been released on time!!!

You can view it here, http://kaos-squad.org/modern/index.php

Later tonight or tomarrow, we will release our first Pic of work, itll be one of the models from our AH-1 Pack that is being developed for ArmA!

Please give feedback about the site, I would appreciate it, thank you!

Also, merry christmas everyone!!!

not to be rude or anything at all.. but i bet 10 bucks that this mod wil not survive until xmas tounge2.gif

btw Diablo, you owe me $10 smile_o.gif

I'd be all for something revolving around Bosnia - or the Rhrodesian Bush War (1970's..). Forgotten wars have a romance all their own. ..

if I knew anything about anything in mod making I'd basicaly make a bod including all the forgotten conflicts. starting with Korea inlove.gif

I'd love to help any mod but I can't banghead.gif

Forums Launched!

FORUMS

Also with the forums launched, first WIP Pics of our AH-1 Base Model

Sorry havent really updated this forum in awhile, I been like REALLY busy lately and such, and doin that SCORE Magazine Translation for OFP.info, which is taking alot longer then I thought it would, but ya...

Atm, Klesk is texturing the AH-1's, I think he's starting on a Desert Camo? I dont remember..

And as far as a new projects are concerned were gonna start work on finely tuned weapons, in particular for this moment,

M4 Carbine

M-16A2 Assault Rifle

M-16A2 w/ M203 Grenade Launcher

AK-47 Assault Rifle

AK-74 Assault Rifle

AK-74 w/ Grenade Launcher

It probably wont be a couple weeks until we have some screens of those, however im pretty sure most people havent seen our AH-1 Model Pics smile_o.gif

Heres an older pic, this is the base model for the exterior object.

ScreenShot003.jpg

Hope you enjoy, you can show your support by signing up with our forum and posting feedback, suggestions, etc. anything related to the mod. Forum link below,

Modern Warfare Forum (Mixed in with another lol)

Do you have eny pictures of the Ar15's yet?

STGN