Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Virtualbattlefieldsystem.com

Please don't hotlink images over 100kb in size, you've been around long enough to know that.

Please don't hotlink images over 100kb in size, you've been around long enough to know that.

Sorry Placebo. From most pics, image data was unavailable and they seemed under, or near 100kb to me. It won't happen again wink_o.gif

big city in OFP 1.99 (VBS1)? Impresive? How I must have PC's HW for this modul? tounge2.gif

Looks huge, impressive though it seems to focus more on the functional aspect rather than visuals, has expected wink_o.gif .

Am I right in deducing that whatever VBS has, Armed Assault will be better? Cause that would make sense, and at the moment, a lot of Armed Assault stuff (such as units/vehicles) doesn't match up to VBS quality in my opinion. confused_o.gif

If they leave things out for ArmA, to leave in VBS1 only, thats just plain stupidity..

The main thing BI will make money from it ArmA.. If you piss of loads of people and don't include any decent new features, you'll lose money.. VBS1, as is releated a lot, IS NOT A GAME.. Surely a organistaion using the tool, are less likely to want/need the new features.

Erm, that's probobaly not worded right.. But in super-short : ArmA's feature list will impress more people than VBS1's feature list will impress millatry training organisers tounge2.gif

- Ben

The main thing BI will make money from it ArmA.. If you piss of loads of people and don't include any decent new features, you'll lose money..

As BIS has stated ArmA will be an expansion with some engine tweaks. By following the screens (which doesn't say everything of course) the only real improvement I see is the normal mapping that is used. The units that can be seen have already been done better by OFP mods. The obvious thing then would be to include alot of engine improvement/additions. As BIS mentioned already that the total engine overhaul won't happen until "Game 2", I'd be more cautious about calling ArmA ''great'' (or anything similar), and having (too) high hopes about it.

And what is so special about this for example? It has already been done much better in OFP.

You gave me another idea thing..

If you don't add new features into ArmA, a lot less people will buy it.. People will think "Meh, it's just the same as OFP, and OFP is 1/3 the price.."

- Ben

Guest major gandhi

I assume BIS will include a lot of new stuff in Armed Assault but we'll see no modells from VBS1 and no new engine features that may be shown on some VBS1 pics or vids. I think Armed Assault is really overhyped.

Btw what VBS1 offers concerning "Military Operations Other Than War" is really impresive. Here it comes clear what a "professional mod team" can make out of the ofp engine wink_o.gif

Arms Control

Combating Terrorism

DoD Support to Counterdrug Operations

Enforcement of Sanctions and/or Maritime Intercept Operations

Enforcing Exclusion Zones

Ensuring Freedom of Navigation and Overflight

Humanitarian Assistance

Nation Assistance / Support to Counterinsurgency

Noncombatant Evacuation Operations

Peace Operations

Protection of Shipping

Recovery Operations

Show of Force Operations

Support to Insurgency

I assume BIS will include a lot of new stuff in Armed Assault but we'll see no modells from VBS1 and no new engine features that may be shown on some VBS1 pics or vids. I think Armed Assault is really overhyped.

If that was the case it wouldnt be moving to the improved ARMA engine now would it? I think ARMA will introduce alot more improvements than just better models, textures and scripting comands.

Quote[/b] ]Combating Terrorism

confused_o.gif .

Guest major gandhi

[ig]http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystem.com/screenshots/first/cocSS14.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystem.com/screenshots/first/cocSS12.jpg[/img]>100kb

this looky really interesting, I'm wondering if the gunner/cargo is always in this position or if he moves into this position with an animation. That's something I already thought about in connection to a whinch-function. if it's possible to include a real whinchmaster, who moves into positon when the script is activated, holds the cable and when the person in the hoist is at the level of the helicopter gets the person into the heli. I don't understand much of scripts so would it bes possible to realize that with the corresponding animations?

[edit: sorry for the image-thing]

http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystem.com/screenshots/first/cocSS14.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystem.com/screenshots/first/cocSS12.jpg

this looky really interesting, I'm wondering if the gunner/cargo is always in this position or if he moves into this position with an animation. That's something I already thought about in connection to a whinch-function. if it's possible to include a real whinchmaster, who moves into positon when the script is activated, holds the cable and when the person in the hoist is at the level of the helicopter gets the person into the heli. I don't understand much of scripts so would it bes possible to realize that with the corresponding animations?

its more like to be join with the vehical imporvment we saw few month b4(the video show that you can stand in APC/Aircraft)

and i am happy to see such thing

*starts doing man maths* wink_o.gif

i might got that much of money, and sure as hell not going to waste this great pic of work, but its goin to be a huuuuge blood loss for me(and maybe some "real" blood loss from my mother/father) confused_o.gif

but then*voice in my head* just $6000 HKD its just $6000 HKD

i can affort it i can.............. banghead.gif

major gandhi don't hotlink images over 100kb please.

You do need to keep in mind that modules such as VIMS and the NGB pack that are exclusively developed by Coalescent are not publically available, and are only marketed directly to agency procurement channels, and only in North America.

In contrast to high-end simulators, or live training exercises, VBS is very affordable. And like OFP, VBS does not provide any of the items listed in a prior post, rather it provides a flexible framework so that if you wish do train in such activities, the capability and functionality is there with minimal or no field modification required.

Quote[/b] ]

"As BIS stated..."

Quote[/b] ]

"As BIS mentioned..."

VBS development and management - while licensed and coordinated with BIS - is handled by BIA on a day-to-day basis. There is technology exchange back and forth, but project roadmaps, support, and development work is fairly independent in most regards. So there may be things in ArmA that won't be in VBS, and things in VBS that won't be in ArmA.

A case in point is that Campaign functionality was removed in VBS, as nearly all military or agency usage is in instructor-led MP sessions. It's a totally different way of doing things. In OFP we're accustomed to editing the guts out to our heart's content, the target audience for VBS has to be told when to touch the mouse and when not to etc. Related to that is a tweak in the MP setup, where the instructor can lock players into slots, so all the role assignment can be strictly top-down by-the-book.

Obviously changes such as these are not at all suitable for the OFP gaming environment. BIA and BIS both have their shared and differing priorities, and both OFP and VBS have done well in their respective markets.

Quote[/b] ]749175 requests since Tuesday 18 May, 2004

This number seems to indicate the amount of module requests on VBS1 online shop, is this a typo or is vbs1 really doing better than OPF did rofl.gif .

630€ :11 products = average 57.27x749175=42905252.€ - tax cuts, production and development costs, etc..

No greedy publisher cut either, just some neat looking addons on a 4 year old tweaked graphics engine. If the numbers are/were real BIA would only need there military contracts for free, impressive product advertising imo biggrin_o.gif .

Im wondering how much BIA charges private military customers for specific modules and maps based on topografic/satellite data, etc. It seems the civilian customers arent getting much simulation technology but do represent a big slice % of income rofl.gif .

Guest major gandhi

I think it's the number of people visiting the website.

Looks nice, i'll have to look into this some more thanx! smile_o.gif