Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Virtualbattlefieldsystem.com

when i get the money for this it will be on its way to me biggrin_o.gif

will only lake like 10 years or some thing sad_o.gif

hope ArmAs will have alot of the futures that VBS1 have then i dont need to save money for it thumbs-up.gif

What does BIA stand for?

Hope Armed Assult comes with "walk around" on vehicles like VBS. whistle.gif

Daniel @ Oct. 24 2005,12:53)]What does BIA stand for?

Bohemia Interactive Australia

Bohemia Interactive or Colascent are not cheating users with edited pictures, like other companyes.

And that is a good thing to not show edited pictures just how it looks ingame wink_o.gif

I think the VBS1 engine is updated to not lag with such big city's and objects I dont think they have builded a city that huge just for screenshots only I know for sure that it runs very smootly.

I wish those VIMS and NGB modules will come worldwide to everyone avaible to bad to hear now that it is not avaible to public now confused_o.gif

In regards to that Baghdad map, I'm curious though to see what the poly's look like up close. Dunno if it's just me, or are the grey buildings untextured?

Also, since the engine map texture count limit was unchanged in VBS1, the maximum area that you can use aerial imaging for is a 22x22 cell square, or 1.1km x 1.1km.

New Special Offer promotion for international customers at Virtualbattlespace.com.

Guest major gandhi

Special offer looks interesting at first sight, but some more interesting packs instead of the ones included (Animal-pack!, Observer! ) would be better.

Btw does someone know if there'll be a VBS-version (VBS2?) that'll include the improvements of ArmA?

I think people are reading to much into ArmA.... whistle.gif

These screenshots look great, looks like i have to visit the shop for more modules  pistols.gif

I only hope that BIA will punch these out for non NA buyers

"And what is so special about this for example? It has already been done much better in OFP."

Lt Hunter..please show me a map that is this well detailed, so i can d/l it

Lt Hunter..please show me a map that is this well detailed, so i can d/l it

When comparing islands, you also need to compare their costs.

Bahadur

SandyRock Island

AfghanEveron

HomeLand

Torment valley

Saint Remý

All great islands, all available to download free of charge. Also, there is Tonal, but it seems to lag for a lot of people, so I won't mention it here with pics.

The Baghdad island is more detailed, at a cost of yet another $50-$100. Not to mention the Core module you need which weighs in at about $150 or more in case of ''special'' offers.

Furthermore, with some cleaver pics, you can make any island look good. Also, that ''satellite'' picture looks more like it is from a UAV, then from a satellite whistle.gif

those m1a1s look bad crazy_o.gif

those cities look cool though, some of the buildings are untextured confused_o.gif

but i guess they still working on it

FYI,

Those pics are of the Coalescent US Army Pack, not the BIA USArmy pack being made by us. wink_o.gif

FYI,

Those pics are of the Coalescent US Army Pack, not the BIA USArmy pack being made by us. wink_o.gif

To guote myself

Quote[/b] ]Me wants that Stryker. But I guess the commercial US army module will be much better judging from the quality of the earlier released video smile_o.gif

whistle.gif

200 dollars? waw, but I havent money. icon_rolleyes.gif

I wait for Arma

Thanks for those Lt Hunter, I only had one of them

Guest major gandhi
FYI,

Btw do you plan to include a CH47D into your pack? (I know there's the old BIS one but it isn't really up to date)

those m1a1s look bad  crazy_o.gif

those cities look cool though, some of the buildings are untextured confused_o.gif

but i guess they still working on it

This is problably VBS1 proving itself has a tool rather than a game, like functionality vs aesthetics confused_o.gif .

Because from a training perspective having very detailed models and textures adds little to what it is supposed to do, and considering the massive size of those cities it seems they have focused more on size and functionality rather than pretty graphics obviously, problably also has a compromise due to the performance limitations of drawing all those buildings too. I wouldnt be surprised if alot of what the military orders looks like this because sims arent made of cool looking, pretty addons wink_o.gif .

This thread is not here for discussing VBS versus ArmA, please stay ontopic smile_o.gif

afaik arma will support bumps

but i dont care cuz it makes things appear like wrapped in plastic crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

vbs1 has high res textures and taht looks even better then any stupid bump or normal map...