Sign in to follow this  
Hornet85

Kronö island Beta v0.1

Krono2.jpg

No need to report any bugs on this version bekus i know them all by now whistle.gif  just dident have time to fix them now

ther is stil alot to do on this island will see when the next version will come out

http://rapidshare.de/files/4969660/Krono_0.1.rar.html

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/Kronoe_beta_01.rar

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/Kronoe_beta_01.rar

Have fun

Edit addons needed

Mapfact Barracken and Military Objects Pack

Instructors Finnish House Pack

RTFM whistle.gif

yes banghead.gif

Mapfact Barracken, Military objects pack

and Instructors finnish House pack

goodnight.gif

Ok, some criticism:

-The objects look too clean.

-The objects look like they have just been painted, or that the infrastructure has been in place for less then a day. Some damage (like scratches and dirt) and some fading of the paint couldn't hurt.

Using buildings and other objects from another pack doesn't mean that you can't improve them (with permission of the author of course) wink_o.gif

Ok, some criticism:

-The objects look too clean.

-The objects look like they have just been painted, or that the infrastructure has been in place for less then a day. Some damage (like scratches and dirt) and some fading of the paint couldn't hurt.

Using buildings and other objects from another pack doesn't mean that you can't improve them (with permission of the author of course) wink_o.gif

yepp but i dident get premission to edit them (the House pack that is)

the Mapfact stuff i dont know

Sgt Eversman sorry forgot abut it whistle.gif

a tip, both the OFP.info mirrors are dead...

Not anymore wink_o.gif

a tip, both the OFP.info mirrors are dead...

Not anymore wink_o.gif

To me they are..

And I can't seem to get the island to work, missing icon, missing objects, all kinds of wierd stuff. Are there supposed to be any other files than the wrp file and the config file?

(Besides the object addons of course)

the missing icon is a bug in the config, doesnt matter, the missiong objects is a couple of signs that Hornet85 forgot to delete from this version, dont matter either.

there is also another small error in the config that gives you a messege, and that is the names.. dont bother, it´s nothing the island shouldnt workt without (you just dont see the names on the island)

other then that, everything should work.

oh, and there might be a new version tomorrow as i have made some testing today and Hornet85 has fixed a couple of errors.

also there is some swedish signs added.

so simply with the current version, just click OK on all error messages and it SHOULD work if you have the rest of the addons. so dont be afraid, you havnt broken anything wink_o.gif (btw, it´s a very small island at this moment)

Genuine scandinavian feeling. Good job. But I have to agree that everything looks too new. As if someone was running around with a bucket full of "Faluröd"* a few hours before I, as a spectator, entered the scene.

* = (in)famous Swedish brand of red paint

i can reveal that there will be many custom buildings for this island, me and Hornet just had a chat about what to make..

but it´s likely that we would need someone to help with configs, especially since Hornet cant make more then 1 object in each config (means 1 pbo for each building/object)

and im not very good at that either.

the next version (0.5) will have most bugs sorted out, a few new buildings and more, however, the island is the same size, has the same layout and generally lokks the same exept for a few small changes (correction to the airport, fixed forrests and fixed beach)

also the sea level is raised a bit.

Please don't hotlink images greater thank 100kb, pretty looking islands sadly are not exempt from such a rule wink_o.gif

Fun little island, will hopefully be good. I suppose you will add some more hills and so on but it was rather interesting to play on such flat areas as you usually don't (like the fields).

Please don't hotlink images greater thank 100kb, pretty looking islands sadly are not exempt from such a rule wink_o.gif

sorry Placebo it will never hapen again banghead.gif

Finarvas most of Sweden is realy flat but yes ther will be some hils and things like that to

speaking of sweden, what the crap ever happened to the swedish forces pack

well, the last year they have said "anyday now", and to be honest, i belive them, cant be much left, but they ae perfectionists, they wont release anything unless it´s perfect. (also becouse they claim this is their last release)