Sign in to follow this  
crave22

WWI Mod

This is looking great, Shinkansen! You're doing superb work! Well done! thumbs-up.gif

Also, I have recieved word that we are getting hosted by OFP Base. Hopefully this will get us more traffic. smile_o.gif

Shinkansen, that plane looks very nice! Model looks well made, good to see a Baloon Buster smile_o.gif

I cannot wait to see more progress from this mod, ever since MiG released his WWI Portuguese soldiers I've been dying to see more troops. Glad to hear about your website being hosted by OFP Base, I check that site quite often

So I take it Im not allowed to disribute these alpha ww1 planes shinkansen? or release them to anybody? (Ive been faithful and send absaloutly noone them) smile_o.gif but despite being alphas they are really fun to fly/play around with, again I apologise for not being able to texture for you confused_o.gif

Hi,

@brataccas

the old addons are really buggy, but when you say they are making fun you have my permission to upload them or send them to everyone who is interested in.

Hi there.

I'm no addon maker ,but i live in Ypres ,a city known for being on the front line of WW1 and being worn torn by it.There are plenty of WW1 museums out here ,and material to look at.

Hence ,if you are ever in the need of information that i can aquire ,then just ask.

you have my permission to upload them or send them to everyone who is interested in.

thanks wink_o.gif

Some new stuff...

ww1mod104gw.jpg

This shows a trench segment, the "island" in the middle is designed for some fortification like heavy MG or field guns.

ww1mod118tx.jpg

ww1mod122ui.jpg

Very nice work Shinkansen. The trenches look messy (as they should), the Gotha looks menacing though i can't say I've ever heard of the Grober Kurfurst. Looks like a First Generation Dreadnought, yet she has the "Michigan" layout of main armament. Arrgh! Looks impressive anyway.

Omg, sweet!!! yay.gif

Just remembered how nice those WW1 things are (I used to play too much "History Line 1914 - 1918 tounge2.gif ) ...

Then I just had to put up a mix of SE5A's, Fokker Dr1's Fokker E.III's and Fokker D.VII's, and it was beautiful!!! Now all we need is some nice decent armored cars & tanks to blow up... thumbs-up.gif

BUZZARD @ Oct. 01 2005,13:40)]Now all we need is some nice decent armored cars & tanks to blow up... thumbs-up.gif

Ask me biggrin_o.gif

ww1mod070en.jpg

About the "König - Klasse":

Four Battleships built "König", "Großer Kurfürst", "Markgraf" and "Kronprinz". Beside the "Kaiser" class these ships form the main part of the german battlefleet (Hochseeflotte) as seen in the Battle of Skagerak. Later they were involved in Operation Albion, the amphibic assault in the baltic sea.

It's looking great, Shinkansen! You're doing a great job!

we had those tanks back in the Estonain Freedom War 1918-1920,when British sent us support.or was it later...

they look so cool smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

BUZZARD @ Oct. 01 2005,13:40)]Now all we need is some nice decent armored cars & tanks to blow up... thumbs-up.gif

Ask me biggrin_o.gif

ww1mod070en.jpg

Splurge...

Ol' good TANKS!

Looks, sounds, smells, tastes and feels great, cannot wait to shoot stupid rookies who lift their heads too high from the trenches!

Quote[/b] ]cannot wait to shoot stupid rookies who lift their heads too high from the trenches!

You go girl!  rofl.gif

EDIT: I seem to remember trenches being a problem before. So these work properly?

EDIT: I seem to remember trenches being a problem before. So these work properly?

Hi,

after several testings I have made the trench like a normal house without the ability to follow height. So there are now limitations for the map that must be really flat but collision detection and roadway, path is now working much better. AI (attacker) has still problems to find the entries for the path to move over the trench, sometimes they are trying to walk around. Other small handicap is that AI`s list of priority is rating path finding higher than fighting, so attackers are often "cannon fodder" is they are grouped, but single soldiers or very small groups have a shorter reaction time to find the entries of the path system.

Here comes a new model of a Fokker Dr.1.

ww1mod151tu.jpg

I thought it might be funny to have some different versions for a real flying circus. In the internet there are a lot of painting schemes for this airplane, but I thought it might be funny to leave it to the community. If you want your one special Fokker Dr.I feel free to select a symbol and a background color that will be painted on the fuselage and on the three upper wing parts.

wow_o.gif Cool!!! Always wanted to have a customizable plane  biggrin_o.gif Looking forward to it...

Also, I tried to make existing units attack "Archangel" flying airships but they didn't, so it would be cool if you could make some WWI dirigibles for the unique Zeppelin-hunting missions!!  biggrin_o.gif

Let all those interested in this mod show their support and register on the Operation Somme Forum.

Come on over, introduce yourself, post ideas, comment on addons and meet the team.

In the meantime, I will hunt down some actual information instead of nit-picking over everything...