Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Couple of new addons

Yep, Footmunch has single handedly fulfilled my fantasy's about getting (AREA 88) into OFP. AREA 88 is an anime about a mercenary airforce. And they use all kinds of aircraft ,without the need to keep to a certain time period or conflict.......it's what ever you can afford smile_o.gif

FM,

I've just noticed couple of things. When you look at the Tu-22M from far away in the third person view, the roof over the pilots and radar operator section disappears. It is not a big deal though, but if you want to fix than fix it. The other thing is a problem. Sometimes when you tell Tu-22M to land ("Disembark"), the AI is just circling around, but would not land. Either it is a glitch, or I am doing something wrong. Someone help.

If it is not too much trouble, could you also make Tu-22M in white color. It was the most common color for this plane in the USSR.

I loved what you did with F-15C. It is a very good update too. Could you also update your Su-27 now? It will be great to have compatible addons that can fight each other from the same addonmaker.

Oh the dissappearing cockpit, wheels (and propellors in some cases) is something that happens with all FM's aircraft. Well all his recent ones.

It's something to do with your framerate settings, if you have them on 10+ the canopy/wheels dissappear and the enviroment looks very bland. But if you put it down to 1 or something, then everything stays visibly for a good 800m.

A little something we call LODs. Basically, they make the model look crappier when your computor can't handle the better looking ones.

Sometimes when you tell Tu-22M to land ("Disembark"), the AI is just circling around, but would not land. Either it is a glitch, or I am doing something wrong.

This is just an OFP engine thing, I have the same problem from time-to-time with my B52. Its a dilema, to give the plane enough manovability that it *always* connects with OFP landing waypoints, or make BIG planes realistic in their handling.

Island makers need to spread their ILS landing points out so these new larger planes can work with AI.

Just tried the Tu-22 in a short, 1-man flight. Beautiful cockpit panel (detailed and clear), beautiful model and textures. Cockpit side textures aren't so good but that's not essential.

The flying model is great, responses well and is one of the most, if not the most, comfortable planes to fly in OFP. Not too quick, but not too slow, like an oversized fighter, which I think she is.

Didn't get to test the gunner thingy or true handling (forgot to raise flaps), but I immediatly fell in inlove.gif with the Backfire. Great addon.

And it fits Mapfact Hangar 1 perfectly.

Tested the new F15C, too. What can I say? It's a good fighter and excellent to fly, a bit like Backfire. Backfire just has more feeling when flying it.

thumbs-up.gif

PS: Yes, I think too that a new Su27 would be nice...

notworthy.gif

I've got a soft spot for SU-34 Platypuses. Someone was making one ages ago (Hudson?) but it dropped off the face of the earth. confused_o.gif

Is the rear gunner set to combat mode by default, for any particular reason? Only it seems to interfere with the Set Speed mode used in mission editor waypoints.

Is the rear gunner set to combat mode by default, for any particular reason? Only it seems to interfere with the Set Speed mode used in mission editor waypoints.

UNN - I'll take a look at the sqs: I think the combat mode was

put in to make sure the turret was ready to go at the start of

the mission, but I _think_ it's not essential. In other words,

removing that line from the script shouldn't affect the operation

of the turret. It may be an unnecessary hold-over from earlier

beta versions of the turret (of which there were a few wink_o.gif )

The Su-27 will be re-visited - cockpit shouldn't need too much

work, but the main textures will be re-done. I'll put the rolling

wheels, ejection seats and other bits on as well.

Platypus and other -27 variants could be done, but not for a

while, sadly. I'll try and make a 'dumb-bomb' version of the -27

for you ground-attack addicts.

The LOD-transitions on the Backfire are a bit 'sharp'. I'll put in a

few more levels to better hide the switches between one and

the next.

Sometimes, the AI lands better if you give it an 'initial point' to

the runway. Try a limited speed Move waypoint a few km's

south (or north) of the runway before the land/get-out

waypoint.

Quote[/b] ]UNN - I'll take a look at the sqs: I think the combat mode was

the mission, but I _think_ it's not essential.

Nice one. BTW You can move the guy to a new group, set his combat mode and move him back again. If you want to maintain the state of readiness. Although I think the group commander would probably override it at some point?

Cheers

UNN - I'll take a look at the sqs: I think the combat mode was

the mission, but I _think_ it's not essential. In other words,

removing that line from the script shouldn't affect the operation

of the turret. It may be an unnecessary hold-over from earlier

beta versions of the turret (of which there were a few wink_o.gif )

The Su-27 will be re-visited - cockpit shouldn't need too much

work, but the main textures will be re-done. I'll put the rolling

wheels, ejection seats and other bits on as well.

Platypus and other -27 variants could be done, but not for a

while, sadly. I'll try and make a 'dumb-bomb' version of the -27

for you ground-attack addicts.

The LOD-transitions on the Backfire are a bit 'sharp'. I'll put in a

few more levels to better hide the switches between one and

the next.

Sometimes, the AI lands better if you give it an 'initial point' to

the runway. Try a limited speed Move waypoint a few km's

south (or north) of the runway before the land/get-out

waypoint.

Be aware that the SU-34 is a new aircraft compared to the SU-27. It has a whole new forward fuselage and yeah, it's my fave aircraft notworthy.gifsmile_o.gifinlove.gif

I think the combat mode was put in to make sure the turret was ready to go at the start of the mission, but I _think_ it's not essential.

Yeh, I found I could remove it in my variation of the same scripts for the B52.

Also on a side note, BEWARE, grouping the gunner with the airplane crew produces some very odd results for AI movement. Believe me, I known because I spent days trying to get my Virtual Bomber addon to work again after I added the tailgun. In the end it was the B52 I had to change.

MOST NOTABLE: Assigning waypoints from sea to land or vice versa can result in the MOVE command (and others) being COMPLETELY ignored, no error, no signal ... nil. Just a plane flying in a straight line off the map. Yes, this doesnt sound right, but I experimented for days to determine and prove what was happening.

I suspect its related to the gunner being in a vehicle classed as a M113, while the rest of the group is in a "plane".

I have recently changed my ACH47 gunners from M113 class to Helicopter class, but have yet to roll back this change to the B-52 to see if it changes the odd AI behaviour.

Other wierd behaviour includes planes following coast lines for no reason.

And yes ..... inlove.gif those planes of yours Footmunch .... I do hope you'll be around for some ArmA conversions smile_o.gif

Footmunch..I know u get like a BILLION requests but I was wonderin if u'd consider the SU24...its the soviet answer to the F-111 and is still in service with the Russian air force and naval air force today....

Awesome planes Footmunch, the F-35 is looking good.

I noticed with alot of your planes the AI wouldn't land and just circle before the runway, I've been testing a heap of different addon planes with a single get out waypoint above the Nogova runway at default settings to see which planes would land and which wouldn't then checked out the configs and fixed them awhile ago now. I'll post my config changes if you like to the planes I edited, I just gotta depbo the originals of the ones I edited so I can see what changes I made as there is a fair amount of config changes.

Some land and some wouldn't, but I fixed alot of them with config changes so I cant see that being a bug at Nogova if I fixed them to all work there now.

I will try them at other islands though aswell with and without my config changes.

Edit

I'd just like to say again, these planes kick ass Footmunch! My favourite fighter jet plane in the world is the F-15C, I've liked the look of this plane ever since I was a kid and bought a 1/32 model of it when I was around 13. I just like the overall look of it and it's not to futuristic looking like the F-22 and F-35 etc. Also I saw and heard the F-15C this year at the Australian International Airshow for the first time and it was deffinately one of the best experiences I've ever had, gotta love a full afterburner take off standing only 50 meters or so from the runway as we were in the front row of the crowd smile_o.gif

I took some pics of the planes that day which was the first time ever taking pics of objects moving so fast, hard to keep up thats for sure. I think a good SLR camera is needed in future lol. A few of the pics here of the airshow at my website on the bottom left menu - http://members.optushome.com.au/twisted1/td/

Speaking of config adjustments. I gave Tu-22M little bit more speed in the config, now it doesn't have enough time to detect a target and fire. I think it needs better radar. Which line in the config is responsible for radar coverage? I need to increase its value. Somebody please help...

These settings usualy handle all that. BTW, this is not from the Tu-22M config and is for a AA only plane. For a bomber irScanGround would be =1 and if it has laser guided bombs then laserScanner would be =1 aswell, you can see at the top irScanRange Max and Min which is in meters.

irScanRangeMax=10000;

irScanRangeMin=100;

irTarget=1;

irScanGround=0;

laserScanner=0;

nightVision=1;

I also give the fighter jets a lot more power overall as I dont really like using the afternurner in the menu as I use a throttle on joystick to control the power which also reminds me if anyone has ever made a script or if it's even possible to have the afterburner kick in at around 95% and above power? If not then maybe it's possible in Armed Assault or Game 2.

So how are the updates comming Footmunch,

Can't wait to see what other features you can put on to your Merlin, it's already one of my favorite choppers in ofp, how do you plan on making it better?

notworthy.gif

New news for new dudes.

Roundel pack updated with lots more African countries - thanks

to JeffB for the information and jpgs. List of roundels in the pack

is here -> http://www.footmunch.org.uk/roundel_list.txt

(We're up to 110 roundels, btw)

Merlin, Backfire and Coaler updates expected soon...apologies

for anyone expecting some good news.

The tiniest of Footmunch Friday's:

F-35A : This is the CTOL (Conventional Take-Off and Landing)

version of the F-35 that is going into service with the USAF.

Link Here -> http://www.footmunch.org.uk/beta/rkt_f35.rar

It comes in two versions:

'Stealthy' - This has 2 JDAM's and 2 ASRAAM's and is not

detected on enemy radar. So, you can drop your bombs with

relative safety, but you've not got a lot of weapon power.

'Non-stealth' - This version has 4 ASRAAM's, 2 JDAM's and 4

JSOW's. Because of the wing pylons, it _has_ a radar signature,

and you will be fired at by AI SAM's, but you have more 'punch'

to hit back with.

Both have rolling wheels, animated canopy, multi-missiles, auto

countermeasures, fire/smoke with damage, random numbering

and tail-fin designation, shine, and so on.

Couple of points:-

I won't be doing a STOL/VTOL version anytime soon.

The terminal phase for the JSOW's still needs to be implemented.

Cockpit/HUD needs much more scripting.

Could some kind person post some pictures, please help.gif

Quote[/b] ]Could some kind person post some pictures, please help.gif

Sure, the least I can do for the nice addons you provide. wink_o.gif

RKTF3504.jpg

RKTF3503.jpg

RKTF3505.jpg

RKTF3502.jpg