Sign in to follow this  
cornhelium

JAM3

Thanks a bomb cornhelium ! biggrin_o.gif

thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

so just one last request - please add your excellent and extensive description to the first post !

Excellent work. Standardization rules. yay.gif

That's exactly what I think! Great work! I love the sounds.

The recoil is very good!

Far better than the JAM2 version.

One question concerning the recoil though:

Is there a way to disable the automatic reaiming after each shot, so the gun points up to where the recoil has pushed it and one has to reaim manually?

That would add some realism in my opinion.

Great sounds , keep up the nice work , I'm sure a lot of addon makers will use this new pack wink_o.gif

Its great but there are some things about the recoil that i personally dont like so much.

I like it in single shot for the assault rifles, feels right. 3 round burst disperses a bit but i also like that smile_o.gif .

Full auto is not so good imo, especialy for the MG's, it makes the first few rounds spread alot and then it stabilises and becomes very, very acurate, shouldnt it work the other way around confused_o.gif?

controled 5 round bursts should be the most acurate ones and the weapon should become harder to control if the user abuses it? This also gives an advantage to the MG's over AR's, i did better with a PKM at long distance than i did with an AK or M16. I also think this makes the a.i. machine gunners even more deadly, i was poping shots over the distance and the PKM's were killing me with extreme acuracy and speed (i havent tried HD so far). Right, everything else seems good and the sounds are excelent, it is the first M60 sound that i really like in OFP. I apretiate the many months of hard work you have put in this addon and the overall polish and quality of it, just had to post about the recoil, hope your not mad or something crazy_o.gif .

Thanks to all people involved in this nice initiative, from version 1 to this one smile_o.gif .

I cant seem to get the "New Mounted Machinegun magazines, with HD versions. Ready to be used on vehicles" to work.

Does this add jam3 mags to vehicles like the standard Jeep with machinegun? And with the jam sounds?

I used the addmagazine and addweapon commands and got nothing.

Great upgrade to this addon. I like it alot.

Thanks.

Hi Pazuzu,

Quote[/b] ]I cant seem to get the "New Mounted Machinegun magazines, with HD versions. Ready to be used on vehicles" to work.

Does this add jam3 mags to vehicles like the standard Jeep with machinegun? And with the jam sounds?

I used the addmagazine and addweapon commands and got nothing.

It doesn't really work like that. The addon itself needs to be configured to use the magazines, so you'd need to open up the config.cpp of the addon you want to use a mounted mag and edit the section for the weapon. PM me if you want some more advice on how to do it.

This is something that PUKF originally requested for mounted FN-MAG on their vehicles, so they might turn up on an update of their great Landrovers wink_o.gif

During development I tested them by editing the config of the BAS technicals, where they worked great.

Regarding the MachineGun recoils: we decided not to mess with them in this release, so they're exactly the same as in JAM2. BAS already did a lot of work on the MG recoils for JAM2, to get them usable by AI.

Cheers,

CH

Ps. How are people enjoying the new fly and hit sounds? Anyone heard a sniper round fly past yet? Or a .45ACP? How about the pitter-patter of 9mm subsonic on your torso? biggrin_o.gif

what about addons using JAM 2 if i replace JAM2 with JAM 3 will the addons still work?

Hi hazmatt,

Quote[/b] ]what about addons using JAM 2 if i replace JAM2 with JAM 3 will the addons still work?

Yes, absolutely.

Cheers,

CH

Oh I see....the mounted mags are more for addon makers than mission makers...

Damn, I was hoping to get better sounds for the MG, Jeep with MG and other guns...

Thanks for replying.

Hiya Pazuzu,

Very roughly, here's the kind of structure you'd use in a unit's config.cpp. To configure a mounted PKM on a jeep type, equipped with JAM mounted mags:

Quote[/b] ]class CfgWeapons

{

class MEI_MyGun : MachineGun7_6

{

scopeWeapon = public;

scopeMagazine = public;

modelOptics="MyOptics";

displayName = "My Gun";

displayNameMagazine="My Gun";

shortNameMagazine = "My Gun";

magazineReloadTime = 4;

reloadMagazineSound[] = {"\JAM_Sounds\sounds\PKReload.wss",0.010316,0.9};

magazines[]={"JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100mag","JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100HDmag"};

};

Quote[/b] ]class CfgVehicles

{

class MEI_MyVehicle: xxxxxxx

{

crew=xxxxxxxxxxxxx;

side=x;

nameSound="xxx";

displayName= "My Vehicle";

vehicleclass="Me - Vehicles";

model=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;

picture=xxxxxxxxxx;

driverAction="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";

cargoAction[]={"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"};

gunnerAction="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";

maxSpeed=xx;

armor = xx;

dammageHalf[]={xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx};

dammageFull[]={xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx};

armorGlass=xxxxx;

armorWheels=xxxxx;

threat[]={xxxxx,xxxxx,xxxxx};

soundEngine[]={"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",0.746666,0.900000};

weapons[]={"MEI_MyGun"};

magazines[]={"JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100mag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100mag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100mag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100mag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100mag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100mag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100mag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100mag"};

};

};

...or if you wanted HD magazines, replace the magazines section with:

Quote[/b] ]magazines[]={"JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100HDmag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100HDmag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100HDmag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100HDmag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100HDmag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100HDmag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100HDmag", "JAM_E762M_Mounted_PK100HDmag"};

};

};

Hope that helps - cheers mate,

CH

Use [code ] tags and not

tags when quoting part of config or scripts ,
usually made a very bad job with this forum, like in this case.

Hi All,

Is everyone OK getting hold of the soundpacks? Any more mirrors for these please would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

CH

LOL I worked for 2 weeks on that sound mate. I'm looking forward to your HyperRealism soundpack for JAM thumbs-up.gif

I apologize if you took offense, I really like the sound pack in general, but I've heard FALs and G3s firing 7.62x51 in real life and I don't think the sound in the pack sounds anything like it, let alone like any rifle. confused_o.gif

I think this video describes the sound the best.

Great pack. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]I've heard FALs and G3s firing 7.62x51 in real life and I don't think the sound in the pack sounds anything like it, let alone like any rifle. confused_o.gif  

So...why not use your expertise to make a replacement M14Fire.wss and share it with the community? huh.gif

That's the whole point of having the sounds in an external .pbo

Cheers,

CH

At digitalgrenade.com you can get JAM2 compability files for the Marine Assault Pack. Are they they still in correct function?

Hi FL Cool J,

Quote[/b] ]At digitalgrenade.com you can get JAM2 compability files for the Marine Assault Pack. Are they they still in correct function?

Yep, no problem mate wink_o.gif

Cheers,

CH

hello , just wanna eliminate a prob.

since installing jam3 ,i had alot of out of memory ctd in ded server.

anyone else had it ?

1.5 gig of mem and can understand. ty.

Hi deanosbeano,

Hm, strange. We did some testing on ded and didn't have any problems like this.

Are you sure everyone is using JAM3?

v3 does use a bit more memory than v2, due mainly to sounds (about another 13-16mb, depending on what soundpack you use). However, that shouldn't be enough to give you problems.

The only thing I can think it might be is the JAM Ammocrates. There's a lot more ammo in the crates now - if you have a lot of them in the mission they might slow things down.

Try using just one JAM W ammo and one JAM E ammo in the mission. Alternatively, the JAM trucks and APCs carry a smaller amount of ammo, so you could have a few of those sitting around empty wink_o.gif

Hope that sorts it - please give me a shout if you still get problems.

Cheers mate, thumbs-up.gif

CH

Anyone else had any problems in MP? Or SP for that matter?

Cheers,

CH

Ps. Any more mirrors for the soundpacks would be much appreciated...got any webspace going spare Avon? xmas_o.gif

Hey CH.

Just a quick note to say I've tried the Cinemania pack and it rocks. If someone is in doubt about which one to try for a different experience this one gets my thumbs up.

yay.gif

hi , to update my out of memory prob on ded server.it turned out by pure coincidence that on the same day i installed jam3.my memory ran out.

got another 0.5 gig and all ok.lol.

btw ,server use 1.3 gig of addons so i guess it pretty heavy on memmory lol

ty for replies.

DOH!

Hehe cheers for confirming mate smile_o.gif

However, I think you've uncovered a genuine problem. The ammocrates are now so chock full that they really kill save/load times (Eg. In King Nothing's "Deal with the Dealer" mission (Tonal campaign) there are 24 JAM ammocrates and it takes 11 minutes to save or load crazy_o.gif  )

So, I'm gonna release a fix tomorrow:

Quote[/b] ]JAM3 Fix. September 3rd 2005

======================

* AmmoCrates were slowing saving/loading, due to all the new JAM3 ammo. Fixed - all new ammo is now in new crates.

* Tracer should be optional strong/none for 50cal Sniper Rifles. Fixed.

* 50cal sniper rifles should have more manageable recoil, based on RL reports. Fixed.

* PG-7 (AA) had different inventory pic to PG-7 (ALL). The pics should show the same round. Fixed.

There'll be a small file for those that already have JAM3 (2.85mb .rar) and also a full, fixed version of JAM3 (13.5mb .rar).

I'd like to get some mirrors up and running before release, so please PM me if you can mirror the files.  thumbs-up.gif  

Cheers mates,

CH