Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Mercenaries 1

eh?

arma version?

theyll work for both...

as arma is bascially vbs1...

..and OFP addons work in VBS1 tounge2.gif

OFP Addons work in ArmA, basicly, and these models look better than the ArmA models.

No idea, but do VBS1 addons work in OFP? Guess they do (But not the addon-pack encrypted ones)

Anyway, sorry for going of topic icon_rolleyes.gif

- Ben

vbs1 is basicaly OFP (resistance civilians with new heads, hands and high rez textures) wink_o.gif

Arma is overall more up to date and improved, these mercs are some of the most impressive ones i've seen in OFP but better than the arma ones may be a bit exagerated claim smile_o.gif .

eh?

arma version?

theyll work for both...

arma is basically absolutely not VBS, as it is powered by an engine with completely new possibilities.

eh?

arma version?

theyll work for both...

Whoops, indeed OFP addons will work in ArmA. Forgive me, I forgot that. banghead.gif

ur a bit wrong informed soul_assassin

arma indeed will be much the same as vbs1

maybe some newer gfx but it will be basically vbs1

Are you sure? I will cost less and as a much improved code as stated in interviews and possibily better terrian.

So I hope Arma will be able to handle much more polys biggrin_o.gif I mean for your units, they looks absolutly top but I don't know how many you can place before OFP starts slowing down beyond 30 fps.

ur a bit wrong informed soul_assassin

arma indeed will be much the same as vbs1

maybe some newer gfx but it will be basically vbs1

Arma should feature: normal mapping, real time shadows and improved lighting, terrain streaming (maybe, it was possibly dropped?), improved colision detection and physics, possibly improved sound engine (?), more improvements and small aditions, several optimisations resulting from the xbox OFP port.

If arma was just vbs1 without the expensive kewl addons nobody would want it, i read somewhere that VBS will move to the arma engine too so this new engine should be alot more powerfull and optimised

wink_o.gif .

u must know that vbs1 is constantly updated

and just look at the arma screens....

the models are based on adf2 soldiers (legs specially)

if arma will feature normal mapping it will be available for vbs1 aswell...

vbs1 patch 2.08 for example will feature walking in moving vehicles which arma will not have

just like the DIB...

and yes arma will be able to deal much mor polys just like vbs1 does

the normal soldier models have about 3000-4000 polies

the adf2 hornet has a pretty hig poly count, i pressume its about 8000 - 10000 faces

and u can play just as good as in ofp!

if u ask me i can live woithout the normal mapping

it just drags fps and can be copied by simple texture work..

but stop that vbs1 chitchat...

u must know that vbs1 is constantly updated

Yes, 50/100€ per upgrade, im wondering how costy will the new arma engine based core be wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ] and just look at the arma screens....

the models are based on adf2 soldiers (legs specially)

Resistance civilians with pouches maybe wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]vbs1 patch 2.08 for example will feature walking in moving vehicles which arma will not have

just like the DIB...

DIB = Falklands mod?

Walking in vehicals seems poorly implemented, a.i. cant even use it and turned out units arent displayed in MP, doesnt look worked/polished enough to be put on a comercial game.

Quote[/b] ]if u ask me i can live woithout the normal mapping

it just drags fps and can be copied by simple texture work..

I like, it would look great if used on the vehicals too, looks worth spending on up to date hardware to run arma smoothly rather than overpriced addons for great but 4 year old software  biggrin_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]but stop that vbs1 chitchat...

You are right, i should apologise for going a bit OT on your thread and congratulate you once again for the superb work you have done on these models, i checked your pic and the model gives you no justice too smile_o.gif .

Superb work nephilim, I especially like Frandsen's model.

Can't wait to use these babies in some SF missions. Also, if you need a betatester or someone for taking screenshots then I'm here waiting wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]vbs1 patch 2.08 for example will feature walking in moving vehicles which arma will not have

just like the DIB...

crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

No walking around on vehicles?

Wtf?

There's got to at least be shooting from cargo positions? What kind of game are they making?  mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] like, it would look great if used on the vehicals too, looks worth spending on up to date hardware to run arma smoothly rather than overpriced addons for great but 4 year old software  

Not if it doesn't have any significant gameplay improvements over ofp!!!!  mad_o.gif

yes thats the way things go

@Heatseeker

u dont have to pay for patches/upgrades

only for modules and addon packs

oh btw

ive made a russian sf like soldier yesterday

you can guess who it is smile_o.gif

bad "pimped up" villain smile_o.gif

tip: u need him to log in a pretty cool page smile_o.gif

oh yeah

just as a last comment on the arma models

they are as i said like adf2 soldiers

i can show comparison pics later

..and OFP addons work in VBS1 tounge2.gif

OFP Addons work in ArmA, basicly, and these models look better than the ArmA models.

No idea, but do VBS1 addons work in OFP? Guess they do (But not the addon-pack encrypted ones)

Anyway, sorry for going of topic icon_rolleyes.gif

- Ben

Not with out some conversions... ei a ofp soldier got a diffrend face in VBS (messed up due to changed textureing)

vbs addons dont work in ofp (it is not allowed and its ileagal)

VBS stuff will moste likely work in ArmA

Now get back on tropic pls

whistle.gif

As one of the characters i have to say that this is the best thing that one could wish for.

And this is truely the best thing since resistance smile_o.gif

yes thats the way things go

@Heatseeker

u dont have to pay for patches/upgrades

only for modules and addon packs

oh btw

ive made a russian sf like soldier yesterday

you can guess who it is smile_o.gif

bad  "pimped up" villain smile_o.gif

tip: u need him to log in a pretty cool page smile_o.gif

oh yeah

just as a last comment on the arma models

they are as i said like adf2 soldiers

i can show comparison pics later

nephilim i love you!

Can you show some screens of russian sf?

And a few questions:

What camouflage did you use?

What assault vest did you use?

What gun did you use?

What equipment did you use?

What is your phonenumber wink_o.gif?

Hmm and i already had some good references ready but when asking how to send them had no reply.

Guess she found some better sources herself *sneaks away*

What is your phonenumber wink_o.gif?

rofl.gif

sory it came totaly unexpected and was very funny in that combination.

STGN

Just an oftopic comment : If the ADF2 soldiers are semi-used in ArmA, then why not more from VBS1? Afterall, your not loosing very much, if you incorprate walking in vehicles into ArmA you might get a few people buying the game thinking "Hmm, cool". Your giving it free with VBS1, to people who have already bought the game, so your making no extra money.. It makes sense to make the new game (Which will be bought more than VBS1 anyway) as good as possible, and if your not losing anything (Say including desrtrucble buildings, whcih will be an expansion pack).

Second of-topic comment, why hasn't anyone released a "dynamic building"? tounge2.gif

</oftopic>

The Russian SF/Merc sounds good, if it's anything like the ones on the first page FOR F[eep] SAKE BIS GIVE MANTICORE A JOB tounge2.gif

- Ben

If by "dynamic" you mean they break up and stuff... then someone was. You can use your imagination to think who it was. No clues! (no it wasn't me)

This is not a VBS1 thread and it's not an ArmA thread, stick to discussing these specific addons please smile_o.gif

yep placebo.

about the ruski sf

well its just a old bud that we aaaaaaall know

in a tigerstripe patternd garnment

@ shadow

just upload the stuff somewhere

and pm me the links il be happy with any equipment pictures i can get smile_o.gif

oh and one more thing

ive started a lil competition smile_o.gif

ive made a new zealand diezel camo unit which looks pretty

cool i think.

the onyl thing i need is a face :P

so now i asking for anyone whos intrested go "become" a addon :P to send me a funny,weird, or wot ever reason tp become a mercenary for the mercenaries 1 addon smile_o.gif

pm is fine smile_o.gif

nephilim

Maybe it woud be better to finish mercenaries models, which are almost ready-to-release? So, release them and than work on russkies SF as long as you want.Otherwise, I think, we will wait for release of complete pack till OFP 3 or DNF... =)

nephilim

Maybe it woud be better to finish mercenaries models, which are almost ready-to-release? So, release them and than work on russkies SF as long as you want.Otherwise, I think, we will wait for release of complete pack till OFP 3 or DNF... =)

Stanley

Maybe it'd be better to get off her back and let her get on with it.