Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

only essential posts plz to avaoi topic being locked

"leave jackal and the thread alone unless he posts or you have some "genuine" concerns about 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 over and out "

Follow your own advice... Your posts are quite possibly the most annoying I've ever seen on these forums...

On-topic:

Jackal, I noticed in the CP thread a picture of some of your upcoming weapons, and that HEAVILY camouflaged M4 grabbed my attention... It really doesn't look realistic. Does that actually exist? i mean every single part of the weapon is camouflaged

crazy_o.gif

follow my own advice considering i havent posted here for over 72hours!

follow my own advice considering i havent posted here for over 72hours!

yeah, really constructive post confused_o.gif

@Jackel;

Painting lines over your weapons can very easily be done with photoshop. So it wouldn't require any fantastic texture-skills. Even I can do so and I know jack shit about texture-making. Even basic photoshop tools give a verynice spray-painted on effect that's almost perfect already. Perhaps something you can consider for a future update or whatever (don't want to delay the current update).

Moving briefly (if I may) away from the Great Camo Mas-Debate..

I believe I saw earlier that you intented to include G36s at some future juncture. My question is if you are what variants? I've been scouring the net for them for missions but never sem to find any set for MG or GL support.

Rabit Stoat: Check out FFAA mod here. They only have the E variants, but its probably the most comprehensive G36 collection in OFP. I believe Jackal said that he'd be leaving his to a different version, though I just wanted to point you in the right direction for the time being thumbs-up.gif

@ch_123

My heartiest thanks, any variants are better than none smile_o.gif

My apologises for not having the astounding texturing ability that seems to be required of me...

On another note, the link (for me at least) doesn't work.

Can you not take constructive criticism without resorting to your unnecessary sarcasm? icon_rolleyes.gif

I wasn't telling you to change what you've done, I was pointing out that the amount of work it looks like has gone into the camo job on that weapon looks too high. As was stated above, an in-the-field camo job is simply a quick spray of one, maximum 2 colours, taking all of about 2mins to do.

I know the camo textures are very detailed (in comparison to others), but I frankly don't care. I have enough on my plate with out people suggesting new additions/changes. I have about 1 hour a week to dedicate to OFP editing (due to work scheduel and real-life commitments) and getting into one argument after another about what I deem quite petty subjects, is making me question why I even bother.

because originally people were just happy that they had something new to play with but when they hear that "2.0" will be coming out they go crazy and want all their "dream" things so jackal you do it for the few of us that are happy with what we get your probablly the most influencial thing bar ECP or RHS wink_o.gif

Lets just say I found a little extra time this week to work on the pack biggrin_o.gif

SJB_MP7A1_SD_Aimpoint_tn.jpg

CLICK ME FOR LARGER VERSION

Original model/textures by Snipa Masta, with extensive modification by yours-truly. My only dilemma is whether I should code it as a primary weapon (i.e. as the rifle slot) or as a pistol slot - Maybe both? wink_o.gif

i was wondering when youd release a piccy for me jackal wink_o.gif and i say code it for both or stock extended = pri closed = sec

Now that's sweet... got to fiddle around with the airsoft version, which I think is quite close to the real one, neat gun. biggrin_o.gif

Now, if you could just finish the pack... wink_o.gif

Lets just say I found a little extra time this week to work on the pack biggrin_o.gif

SJB_MP7A1_SD_Aimpoint_tn.jpg

CLICK ME FOR LARGER VERSION

Original model/textures by Snipa Masta, with extensive modification by yours-truly. My only dilemma is whether I should code it as a primary weapon (i.e. as the rifle slot) or as a pistol slot - Maybe both? wink_o.gif

Versions for both primary and secondary would be good, remember that old MP7 pack that came out a while ago, they did it good

On another note, the link (for me at least) doesn't work.

Should work now as our ISP problems are fixed since friday yay.gif

that mp7 is good but you should wait for the_tubs's version wink_o.gif

Looks really sweet.

About the use as a primary:

The Problem is that it is a bit too short. You have to make it a bit larger to fit the anims but that looks a bit strange.

The pack ch_123 is talking about is from B3liar and me. You can get it here.

There you can see the problems with the size.

By the way: Jackal feel free to use / modify the sounds if you want. They are original.

Looks really sweet.

The Problem is that it is a bit too short. You have to make it a bit larger to fit the anims but that looks a bit strange.

By the way: Jackal feel free to use / modify the sounds if you want. They are original.

maybe extend the tube of the stock that wouldnt be so weird for instance someone with long arms maybe rofl.gif

Looks really sweet.

maybe extend the tube of the stock that wouldnt be so weird for instance someone with long arms maybe rofl.gif

The problem is that the right hand must be around the pistolgrip and that the left hadn will be positioned in front of the muzzlebreak. The only way you can use this as the primary weapon is whan you use the silenced version.

Thats a valid point, but it doesn't look all that bad with the P90 (which suffers a similar issue with the animations, being a rather compact SMG).

I of course haven't seen the result, so you'll just have to try it out and see if you think it's acceptable or not. It's your call.