Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

Hey, isn't that the one in CS?

Its the compact version of the gun in CS. This one is a goodbit smaller, and only holds 8 rounds in the clip as opposed to 12. Im not sure about its millitary designation, I'd say it would be Mk. something or other.

So your developing the HK416, but have you decided on any other weapons that haven't been seen in OFP before for the pack?

Only the HK417 (the 7.62mm version of the HK416), which, as far as I know, hasn't been done before. Other than that, I plan to make very few "new" weapons other than those I have previously announced, plus a few new variants of previously released weapons.

@ch_123: I may include the USP Compact, I'll see what time I get with regard to including new weapons.

@ch_123: I may include the USP Compact, I'll see what time I get with regard to including new weapons.

No problemo, dont mean to be bothering ya whilst your working on your excelent guns.

Hey Jackal, mind if I ask you to make an M4A1 / M16A4 iron sights without the laser/torch thingy on the barrel? I would like to arm my APC crews / 1st Armoured infantry with them, but I don't think regulars get that kind of equipment as standard issue.

Cheers,

C"G"McD.

Hey Jackal, mind if I ask you to make an M4A1 / M16A4 iron sights without the laser/torch thingy on the barrel? I would like to arm my APC crews / 1st Armoured infantry with them, but I don't think regulars get that kind of equipment as standard issue.

Cheers,

C"G"McD.

Cameron, check out the DMA Army/Navy packs or Suchey & Earl Marine Assualt Pack. Nice plain-jane M4A1 and M16A4 models there.

I plan on including plain old M4s with fixed carrying handles, and non-RIS forward receivers, which could be used for your crew-man. It took me ages to get the damn forward receiver looking right, so anyone that says I shouldn't bother including them can go whistle as I'm going to include them anyway! wink_o.gif

As for the Specter OS 6.0 (henceforth referred to as the ELCAN Hi-Mag), Manhunter provided me with some awesome high-resolution images via PM, so that has DEFINATELY solved the problem of source material for scaling etc. My thanks go to Manhunter, as well as to everyone else who contributed for both the ELCAN Hi-Mag, and the AG416/AG36.

Hi !

I have a problem with the new sjb_weapondpack 1.1.

When i try to put sjb_tosm4 in my addon folder and i try to lauch the game a error appear.... (direct 3d error)!

Curently i'm using direct X 9.c And i think that it will work... because the game work with all features of the game but not with the new sjb_weapondpack!

please help me

Hi !

I have a problem with the new sjb_weapondpack 1.1.

When i try to put sjb_tosm4 in my addon folder and i try to lauch the game a error appear.... (direct 3d error)!

Curently i'm using direct X 9.c And i think that it will work... because the game work with all features of the game but not with the new sjb_weapondpack!

please help me

Hmm...did you put only that one .pbo in? Maybe you need all 4:

>SJB_TOSM4.pbo - PBO containing the models/textures.

> SJB_TOSM4_cpp.pbo - PBO containing the config.cpp for the weapons.

> SJB_Optics.pbo - Optic models/textured used by the weapons in the pack.

> SJB_ShotgunMisc.pbo - Shotgun ammunition defines.

It may simply be that you have too many addons installed. The weapons pack is rather large on its own, but coupled with the many other addons for OFP, they can soon add up to several GBs. I advise adding the -nomap syntax to your shortcut line (e.g.C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation_Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap), and/or making sure to split your various addons into relevently named mod-folders (e.g. C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation_Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -mod=hisky;@USMC;@JAM;@RCIR;@SJB)

OKay, another thing to consider (youre probably sick of me making suggestions all the time banghead.gif ) - the XM-26 underbarrel shotgun. Its already in service with SpecOps in Afghanistan & Iraq

I'll look into it, but don't hold your breath (unless you really want to, but don't expect to survive the experience)...

Anyway, just got done editing the ELCAN Hi-Magnification optic (Hi-Mag).

Check it out below:

ELCAN Hi-Mag mounted on an M249 PARA

So far I've mounted it on the M249, M249 PARA, and the M240G. I have plans to mount it on the HK416 Marksman version, as an alternative to the existing scope which just doens't look right compared to the rest of the weapon - Opinions?

I'll look into it, but don't hold your breath (unless you really want to, but don't expect to survive the experience)...

Check it out below:

So far I've mounted it on the M249, M249 PARA, and the M240G. I have plans to mount it on the HK416 Marksman version, as an alternative to the existing scope which just doens't look right compared to the rest of the weapon - Opinions?

Whats the magnification on the Elcan Hi-Mag?

10x apparently, according to THIS SITE (its under SPECTER OS6 - thanks to da12thMonkey for the link in an earlier reply), where as the "regular" ELCAN is 3.4x

Check it out below:

The ELCAN looks great. If you are revisiting the sights on some of the other weapons, how about an Eotech on the M-14?

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/8328/122203front172re.jpg

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/9720/122203front184hl.jpg

(okay, the images are sopmod M-14s, but I'm a bit partial to M-14s in general wink_o.gif )

I wont be including a SOPMOD M14 in v1.2 - maybe for 1.3, nor will I be including an EOTech optic on the existing M14s. I'm already too far behind with writing config.cpp entries as it is. I haven't config'ed ANY of the 20+ variants so far (mainly because I can't bring myself to try and find new firing sounds that suit each new weapon), so this weekend is going to be spent sorting that out - no more variants until the config is (reasonably) up-to-date.

Check it out below:

WOOOOT that is elite dude! really very very elite!!

Now all it needs is the hardbox magazine and its completly uber cool! wow_o.gif Thanks for making this version dude! notworthy.gif

I wont be including a SOPMOD M14 in v1.2 - maybe for 1.3, nor will I be including an EOTech optic on the existing M14s. I'm already too far behind with writing config.cpp entries as it is. I haven't config'ed ANY of the 20+ variants so far (mainly because I can't bring myself to try and find new firing sounds that suit each new weapon), so this weekend is going to be spent sorting that out - no more variants until the config is (reasonably) up-to-date.

Wasn't really a serious request. Cool people shoot their M-14s with iron sights anyways. wink_o.gif I've been spending some time with your config for a little project I've been working on and I can see the huge amount of work that requires.

Hi Jackal,

The new stuff is looking darkly delightful wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I haven't config'ed ANY of the 20+ variants so far (mainly because I can't bring myself to try and find new firing sounds that suit each new weapon)

You could always hand over to JAM for those sounds, even for non-JAM mags. Since it's a required addon anyway, it's not like you'd be adding dependencies, plus you'd save some time and filespace.

On the other hand, I know your sounds are already excellent, and quite different in character from those in JAM's standard Community-pack.

Just a thought anyway. Cheers mate,

CH

10x apparently, according to THIS SITE (its under SPECTER OS6 - thanks to da12thMonkey for the link in an earlier reply), where as the "regular" ELCAN is 3.4x

Read it a little better and it says you can choose between 6x and 10x. The Dutch forces use it in 6x AFAIK. 10x is overkill for a spray and pray weapon like the Minimi.

Yeah, mis-read on my part. Chances are I'll include the x6 on the Minimi PARA, and then slap the x10 on the HK416 Marksman version as it just 'fits' nicely.

Yeah, mis-read on my part. Chances are I'll include the x6 on the Minimi PARA, and then slap the x10 on the HK416 Marksman version as it just 'fits' nicely.

Thanks  smile_o.gif  

I think the 10x version would look really nice on the HK416. I never thought of that. Nice idea!  smile_o.gif

Any word on those FALs or G3s you were talking about?