Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack Released

Yeah, I'll say Full-scale patch. But then again I am on a 8 Mbit line, so maybe I shouldn't say too much... tounge2.gif

And for god's sake, don't forget to remove the tracers for the SD weapons!

All M4 Marksman classnames:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">M4 Customised Marksman                        SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper                       SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (Woodland)             SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_C                     SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (Desert)               SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_D                     SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod)                SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod                 SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod, Woodland)      SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_C               SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod, Desert)        SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_D               SJB_TOS_M4_mag, M4

M4 Customised Marksman (SD)                   SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_SD                    SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

M4 Customised Marksman (SD, Woodland)         SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_SD_C                  SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

M4 Customised Marksman (SD, Desert)           SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_SD_D                  SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod, SD)            SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_SD              SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod, SD, Woodland)  SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_SD_C            SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

M4 Customised Marksman (Bipod, SD, Desert)    SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper_Bipod_SD_D            SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag

I browsed the whole config for weapons and ammo classnames last night, you can get the list here:

SJB Weapon classnames

It would be nice if this file could be available also on the mirror sites  smile_o.gif

here ya go

http://www.wglcti.com/russin/SJB.txt

downloading now as mentioned above i hope the Tracers can be fixed pistols.gif

great job on the pack notworthy.gif

The strange thing is, the SD rounds are defined WITHOUT tracers, but they seem to have them anyway and I have no idea why...god damn OFP...

@remcen: I recommend a program called PowerArchiver (available from www.download.com) which is like WinZIP/WinRAR, only far better and can extract/compile all manner of archive files - Its what I used to pack and unpack the BETAs and the FULL Release, and frankly I can't fault it.

Ammo creat can ya make one for these 200 weapons would make it alot easyer plz inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]The strange thing is, the SD rounds are defined WITHOUT tracers, but they seem to have them anyway and I have no idea why...god damn OFP...

Let me fix that,

if ya wanna incorporate some new realistic tracers for your weapons (No silenced) , I can do that for ya by including BN tracers... wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

jackal, don't worry about having to make a fix that is as big as the original, & i wouldnt listening if they complained. if they could download the 1.0, they should be able to download the fix without a problem wink_o.gif

Bug report:

When you play multiplayer with a dedicated server, and use the M4 SPR rifle, the server crashes with error: Invalid Texture Aspect Ratio (1024x64)

Hope you can do something with this info, goodluck, and thanks again for this beautifull large and usefull pack!

Thanks SickBoy, withthat information I've narrowed down the two textures responsible. Can this be fixed by simply altering the dimensions of the texture? I've never had any experience with this particular error (probably because previous addons I've been responsible for haven't been popular enough to be used on ded. servers tounge2.gif). As it stands now, I've resized the two erroneous textures to 1024x256, should this fix the issue?

@1in1class: Monty has released a script that can add all the weapons, and relevant magazines to an existing ammo-crate/truck/whatever, check earlier in this thread for a link.

first: the texture error crashs dedicated servers that are linux... linux is VERY VERY VERY picky about every crossed T and every dotted i.. and if it dont like it.. it will viciously crash and burn.

reason #235 for hating linux servers.

about the tracers defined the tracer for the silenced round and make it black in color. its the only way u can "hide" the tracers

Quote[/b] ]class BulletSilencedSingle:BulletSingle

{

hit=8;

indirectHit=1;

indirectHitRange=0.1;

visibleFire=0.035;

audibleFire=0.035;

visibleFireTime=2;

tracerColor[]={0,0,0,0.005};

tracerColorR[]={0,0,0,0.005};

};

What is underligned is the alpha of the color , 1 and you have Star Wars-like tracers , 0 and you should have invisible tracers.

I tried using the values posted by Sanctuary, but the suppressed M4 rounds still have a very prominent orange/red tracer effect - i.e. the same as that of the non-suppressed M4 rounds. I do have an idea of how to fix it, and I am about to test it out. I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: OK, what I tried didn't work (inheriting from the Silenced bullet class). In testing I also noticed that the MP5 SD round hasn't got a tracer, and in comparing the define with that of the M4A1_SD Bullet class, I saw nothing different (except for damage and detection values)...something weird is going on thats for sure...

Actually, it is not really weird but a very simple mistake in the M4 SD mag class definition that is inheriting from the wrong class.

I looked at the config.cpp of your weapon and found the problem :

in the actual config.cpp

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag: SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper

{

scopeWeapon=0;

scopeMagazine=2;

initSpeed=2200; // was 854

displayNameMagazine = M4A1 SD Magazine;

shortNameMagazine = M4 SD Mag;

picture="\SJB_TOSM4\inventory\m_m4a1.paa";

count=30;

};

It should be

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class SJB_TOS_M4_SD_mag: SJB_TOS_M4_SD

{

scopeWeapon=0;

scopeMagazine=2;

initSpeed=2200; // was 854

displayNameMagazine = M4A1 SD Magazine;

shortNameMagazine = M4 SD Mag;

picture="\SJB_TOSM4\inventory\m_m4a1.paa";

count=30;

};

By inheriting from the SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper the bullet will not use the SJB_TOS_M4_SD_Round class that is definig the silenced M4 bullets (and so their tracers), but the SJB_TOS_M4_Round that is used by the SJB_TOS_M4_Sniper.

Grrr....Thanks mate, I appreciate the help. That was there as originally, the Sniper variant of the M4 only came in the suppressed format, and the non-suppressed version was added at a later date. I appreciate the help Sanctuary, cheers.

i know you're probably going to shoot this down, as it sounds a bit out of whack, but, i seriously think you should think about making multiple PBOs for these, like you said, it's great to have one PBO for all weapons, but, at the same time, it's a pain in the ass. what if someone only wanted to use the M16 A4 in a mission, well, he has to have the whole PBO or no go. maybe make an m4 pbo, m16 one, ak's, sniper, pistols, & odds & ends (lr300, sig rifle, etc) just a suggestion that really isn't out of reason...the size may be a bit larger with all of them spread out, if textures are used on say m16 and m4, but it would def be worth it to have just the pbo for the type of weapon you are using wink_o.gif

You're right....I am going to shoot it down. Most of the weapons share textures with other weapons which aren't of the same class e.g. the M24, a sniper-rifle, shares textures with the M4s, the M82A1 shares textures with the Colt 1911 (for the silencer etc) and with various other rifles. For each PBO to function correctly, I'd either have to copy all the shared textures into each, bumping up the filesize considerably, or have them co-dependant upon each other, which negates the whole purpose of the seperate PBOs. Before anyone suggests "Why don't you put all the textures in one PBO and just separate out the models to different PBOs?" - Thats pointless because they'd still need the huge texture PBO anyway, so they might as well download the whole pack in the first place.

Its a nice idea, and could have easily been done from the start, but its not something I plan to encorporate now, especially seeing as how I'd have to change the texture paths of nearly 200 models.

This addon has cought my intrest, I haven't been able to DL it yet... But could some of you guys that have it post screens of some of the weapons in use in OFP? Not VBS1. I'm curious as to how these weapons look on the HYK units and the LSR rangers and deltas and othe LSR addons (SEALS)

hey sjb,

still not working with powerarchiver, downloaded the file again - same result:

error8on.jpg

errors in the m4 and config pbo.

@Baz: Check out http://www.ofpbase.com/newsitem.php?id=137, they posted a few images of various weapons along with their news post regarding the pack. I've also seen a few images appearing in the Combat Phography threads. Also, several of the images of Fischkopf's Marines he posted a few days ago used the weapons.

@remcen: Did you download fromGOTF.net or from the Stealthnet mirror? Try downloading from the other one to which you've already downloaded from. I have no idea what could be causing the continual error other than a corrupt mirror, although no-one else (to my knowledge at least) has complained yet, so it might be something your end. Did you use a download manager of some kind? If so, try downloading it without.

i opened mine with powerarchiver so its more than likely something to do with the one you downloaded, not his addon & the program itself

cheers jackal, i've got it. must have been a problem of firefox. although i really don't think a great deal of IE it doesn't corrupt the file at least wink_o.gif

Indeed, very nice pack. Good job on keeping that nice quality level for each of the 200 weapons smile_o.gif

But I've found some small glitches too:

MP5 Tactical, MP5 Tactical Aimpoint and MP5-N are designated as MP5-N ingame.

And they use the 3-Round-Burst triggergroup. But MP5-N only use Semi and Fullautomatic trggergroups, no 3 round bursts. You can name it MP5A5 instead or remove the burst mode.

The MP5-N SD and MP5-N SD Aimpoint are designated MP5-SD6 ingame but they shouldn't because of the not weapon integrated silencer. The trigger configuration is wrong again, see above.

The MP5-SD6 and MP5-SD6 Aimpoint do not have a fixed buttstock, they use a retractable one. MP5SD5 is using a fixed buttstock.

MP5K PDW is again designated as MP5-N ingame (in fact of the same ammo class I guess). Correct designation would be MP5KA4 with currect triggergroup or MP5KN with changed trigger group (Semi & Auto only)

The UMP 45 uses a Semi and Fullautomatic triggergroup only (a triggergroup with extra added 2 round burst function is optional, but no 3 round burst).

I think that's all for now.

tounge2.gif

Well, I can't fix those issues without changing weapon classes, unless I crate new models etc. for the old classes (so they fit the designations etc), and then create new defines for the current models.

This I have already done, but its where I run into a problem. The MP5A4 has a semi-burst-auto trigger-group, where as the MP5-N as you rightly pointed out, only has a semi-auto trigger group. So, the already existing "SJB_TOS_MP5_Mag" has to be used for one of them, but which, and what exactly do I do about the new magazine define? Name it "SJB_TOS_MP5A4_Mag" and give it the semi-burst-auto trigger grouping? Name it "SJB_TOS_MP5N_Mag" and give it the semi-atuo trigger group?

Also, another problem arises in the support for these magazines. Do I add the ability for both the MP5A4/MP5N to use each-others' magazines? So you could be using the MP5A4, and find a dead comrade with an MP5N and be able to take his magazines (and fire with the semi-auto trigger group), or do I have them both independant of each-other and not allow the cross-magazine use?

There is another option I've only just considered whilst writing this post out. I could, just modify the models/defines accordingly and leave them be, without including the MP5A4 etc in the pack. I've already made their models, but as they only took me 10minutes or so to modify, I wont lose much sleep if I decide to ditch them. Either way, I want your input, because at the end of the ay, the pack is being made for you, the community, so you should be able to have your say.

Its a nice idea, and could have easily been done from the start, but its not something I plan to encorporate now, especially seeing as how I'd have to change the texture paths of nearly 200 models.

Some people are just soooooo lacy whistle.gif

PS Now that meany of the weapons are the same you would only need to alter one model and all the assories and then mount em on the model so you would not need to alter the texture path for all 200+- weapons just make new models with corerect path's.

STGN

Yeah, only that would probably take longer. Can we please drop this subject as I've already said I'm NOT going to do it. Right now there are more pressing issues I need suggestions on (read my above reply).