Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Itweas Ninjas

Smookie, I think they mean you have to place unit in the air to setvelocity. If they touch ground, you cannot make them jump.

Ok, gonna try this Grey smile_o.gif

"Climbing" in alleyways is actually pretty easy! Not from the scratch but by first climbing a bit and then starting to jump. And damn quick!

Can't wait to use these in multiplayer... Would be an addon I would possibly actually LIKE to play DM with! Imagine... say Petrovice and a all on all gunfight with ninjas. Players can't see thru walls...

Every1, Thank you very much for your writting impression about my addon on this forum.

I'll try to make more ability, fix bags on exist ability, and Re model ninja with benus's idea.

But Im not in used in modeling, because my main works is animations, u know.

Im not at my home now, because im at my parents home for vacation.(Im 18, and I still need to back to my parents home to vacation with reporting how my life of univercity is going on ,on summer and spring...)

But I'll be back to my home after 1 week, then I'll make it.

Anyway, Very thank you for your writting, creating my topic!!!!

Yeah , you have really impressed us by the new swimming animations... again , great job ! wink_o.gif

Will the swimming action be possible to implement into soldiers such as seals with Multi-Player compatibility? icon_rolleyes.gif Cause the swimming techniques used before this addon are awful in comparison. whistle.gif

The CoC swiming works fine in MP, but it's no where as good as these anims. But compared to other swiming units that were around when it was released, they were great (The CoC were around the first swiming units, no?)

But anyway, dont think I tested the units swiming in MP. I guess the animations are sync'ed?

- Ben

I have a question about the "charging" super jump. I changed the model of the ninja to a bmi black op. For some reason the super jump doesnt work properly; the charging doesnt stop after you jump and it forces you to make a "0%" jump. Then the animation freezes when you land sometimes. I know the problem isn't coming from the bmi blackops because i tried different models and such.

All I changed is this line:

model="\Ninja__LLU\ninja_llu.p3d";

To this:

model="\BMI_blackops\bl_op.p3d";

Can some please help me? huh.gif

I have a question about the "charging" super jump. I changed the model of the ninja to a bmi black op. For some reason the super jump doesnt work properly; the charging doesnt stop after you jump and it forces you to make a "0%" jump. Then the animation freezes  when you land sometimes. I know the problem isn't coming from the bmi blackops because i tried different models and such.

To this:

tried renaming the bl_op.p3d and putting it in your ninja pbo? smile_o.gif

No it doesnt work.

There must be some weird special feature in the model it self that makes it work.

No it doesnt work.

There must be some weird special feature in the model it self that makes it work.

Most likely an animation that requires specific named selections. I don't know but a lot of people seem to think that they can change such critical things in addons and still expect it to work. huh.gif

No it doesnt work.

Most likely an animation that requires specific named selections. I don't know but a lot of people seem to think that they can change such critical things in addons and still expect it to work.  huh.gif

Thats the thing that confuses me I look through the script and animation and nothing requires the a named selection. I can't find what the script is supported by and I never expected this to work. I just am wondering if it can work.

To this:

You need to make some switch section which ninja has.

Try see my model.

I've never binarized my unit, So may u can use O2 to see my unit. wink_o.gif

To this:

You need to make some switch section which ninja has.

Try see my model.

I've never binarized my unit, So may u can use O2 to see my unit. wink_o.gif

Thank you I'll try doing that.

Hi, at first I would like to thank Itweas for this addon notworthy.gif

I really like it and already had so much fun with it inlove.gif

I also made a small MP mission with it, just a fast ripoff from a BIS DM. I already tried it with 2 other players, works fine, only some animations are not shown. It`s on CATs Afghanistan revisited by Agent Smith, that citys are just made for ninjas biggrin_o.gif

how can i give this dude a pistol set in his config ? i changed the model (sorry about that i like the addon but didnt like the model ) but now my seal isn,t carrying a freaking sidearm :P he will get courtmarshalled for that you know tounge2.gif

Holy shit. This makes OFP fun again.

I'm also totally impressed that the unit design isn't some million poly monster that's supposed to somehow compete with OFP2 quality screenshots. *cough cough*

It's FUNCTIONAL. It works just fine on my 1.8 ghz machine while playing a reasonably decent sized mission.

That's goddamned awesome.

My only gripe is the fact that he can't use pistols, the perform action command is cumbersome as a menu selection. (perhaps as a keypress it'd be easier?)...

And of course it'd be neat if he had some kind of melee weapon, but you can't have everything. As it stands the unit itself is just awesome.

Cheers.

Quote[/b] ]and Re model ninja with benus's idea.

NOOOOOOOO! wow_o.gif

Dammit. He looks fine the way he is. Don't you dare make any changes to him gameplay wise whilst alienating people who don't want fifty million poly models!!!!  crazy_o.gif

He looks close to stock quality, that's fine for me.

the perform action command is cumbersome as a menu selection. (perhaps as a keypress it'd be easier?)...

In OFP you can use enter too to use an action. This helps you with timing for climbing and high jumping.

For the key-press triggering the action menu..

This page, about the middle, my post smile_o.gif

More detail on this thread

You can't make him use a pistol, as the animations are designed to work with a main weapon.

As for remodeling the ninja, or using the BMI Blackops, dont see why not, you don't have to use it, but if you do, dont overwrite the current one, make it so in the PBO you only have the model, and a new config, and use the rest of the stuff (scripts mainly) intact smile_o.gif (So you have Ninja, which is unchanged, and Ninja 2, which is your shiney new one)

- Ben

I also made a small MP mission with it, just a fast ripoff from a BIS DM. I already tried it with 2 other players, works fine, only some animations are not shown. It`s on CATs Afghanistan revisited by Agent Smith, that citys are just made for ninjas biggrin_o.gif

Addons required for this mission ? Only CATs Afghanistan ?

Please tell me, thx.

Addons required for this mission ? Only CATs Afghanistan ?

Please tell me, thx.

Yes, only the newest version of the island and the ninja smile_o.gif

Holy shit. This makes OFP fun again.

Word !!

Same here, just throw 2-7 groups into one of Tonals bigger towns and let the show begin..hadnt had such fun since..err...the latest ECP release tounge2.gif

That´s also the only real bug i found on this addon, it does´nt work with ECP.

There´s another issue that get´s you stuck if attempting to swim without having any weapons, but who the hell goes out in Ninja suits w/o a weapon..

The pistol thingie, oh well, nothing we would´nt know from OFP 1.46 whistle.gifpistols.gif

the best thing i like next to the scripting part is the animation for croucing nice low and weapon forward but now i got a question about that to

wich animation is that ? i want to change the animation in the anim.pbo but i cant seem to find the right animations

please some help ?

I haven't tried it on tonal, however I -have- been playing with this on ocean island. Lots of places to climb and wall jump, alleys to dive into. It's especially wicked repeatedly walljumping until you hit the top of an apartment building while you have a bunch of jmg cops or what have you shooting at you.

This addon really broke new ground, this makes me wonder what kind of other things you could do on the similar concept.

A predator? Maybe? For whatever reason?

Personally, for the single player aspect, it'd be kind of cool to have a scripted function to make your guy leap at the nearest target facing you, and perform some kind of execution or melee attack animation, and then just run a script to do damage to him or something.

The multiplayer problems are a pity, what with OFP not liking playmove used in MP and it not working 100%

Does the addon still generally work sans animations?

I think I'll still try it.

I've set a bunch of challenges for myself with the editor and ocean island. One of which will be to use an FDF stickybomb and leap onto a tank of some type, and attach a bomb and leap off and detonate it... only problem with that is it's so much work to just jump really far. I'd kinda like to change that myself I think. If I can manage.

Anyhow. This addon, totally awesome. I haven't had this much fun with any addon in a very long time.

EDIT:

I just had a thought whilst playing with the ninja with that thrown weapons pack. (throwing knives, yay!wink_o.gif)

The throw animation for the ninja is different. Is it possible to shorten or speed-up the animation so that throwing is a bit more useful? That way he could whip knives at guys with relative speed so you don't run the risk of being gunned down in mid throw?

Or make a special "throwing knives" weapon with it's own reloadanimations to simulate it. smile_o.gif