Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

It's in development and will probabley be included in the next version of the island, now get back on topic or I'll set my zombie army on you wink_o.gif

Yep.

It detects the closest thiung to the gate, and sees if that is in the event horizon.

If you have the binoculars on the deck nearer the middle of the EH than you, it won't be very happy about sending you.

Remember that your presence in OFP is the sole of your boots, not the middle of you.

If you change the nearestobject position each time it loops to a random relative position within the event horizon, you should be able to pick up more objects within close proximity to the gate instead of the one object "hogging" the nearestobject command. That would also make detecting objects more reliable, allow it to detect more things at a time, and it will cover a larger area when detecting objects so things that enter the event horizon close to the circumference have a better chance of being detected. That is, unless the gates allready do this, but I can't find any evidence of it in the scripts.

the nearestobject doesn't work anything like that, the detection is carried out from 8 meters above and below the gate.

A detected object is monitored so that if its static the gate ignores it but if moving will transport it if it crosses the event horizon.

The 38min trick is caused by the gates being programmed not to close is something is detected just outside the event horizion, a way of keeping the door open.

Applying my suggestion to that method is what I meant. You can still monitor a detected object via but free up the nearestobject so that you can monitor multiple objects rather than the one.

colonel well, where can we download your updated area 52?

soon thumbs-up.gif because it's not finish confused_o.gif

hé ! it's Area61-SGC not area51 rofl.gif

somewhere in the desert ....

wow_o.giftounge2.gif

Well, in the show, its Area 52, and thats what I was referring to

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/miscellany/links/area52.shtml

Area 52 was the pentagon's designation for the SGC in the early years. We've been over this.

colonel well, where can we download your updated area 52?

soon  thumbs-up.gif  because it's not finish  confused_o.gif

hé ! it's Area61-SGC not area51  rofl.gif

somewhere in the desert ....

wow_o.gif  tounge2.gif

Well, in the show, its Area 52, and thats what I was referring to

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/miscellany/links/area52.shtml

Area 52 was the pentagon's designation for the SGC in the early years. We've been over this.

yes it's right ! in the show SGC = Area52 tounge2.gif

but my Area-sgc base it's Area61 wink_o.gif

bad new , the earth gate don't work in my gateroom banghead.gif

because the gate is keep in my gateroom so don't work ...bouuuu mad_o.gif

so the soluce i have make it's put the gate in "aircraft hangar " and then it's work good smile_o.gif

a litlle pic ? wink_o.gif

and I can't put the  higher floors because gate don't work if higher floors is in gateroom !

banghead.gif

but I need to work on this !

hi all !

who can explaine me to convert this picture :

[ig]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7124/sgcsymbol6tn.png[/img]>100kb

an .pbo file to put it in res\addon , to put the SGC symbol on a wall in my area 61 base for next mission realese ?

thank for help notworthy.gif

As you have ignored previous requests not to hotlink images greater than 100kb and you still ignore that forum rule I will restrict you from posting for 3 days and issue a warning level of 1.

colonel well could u not use the orbital gate in your gate room? in the series i think i have seen a alpha site gate without the ramps?

hi all !

who can explaine me to convert this picture :

[ig]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7124/sgcsymbol6tn.png[/img]>100kb

an  .pbo file to put it in res\addon , to put the SGC symbol on a wall in my area 61 base for next mission realese ?

thank for help  notworthy.gif

As you have ignored previous requests not to hotlink images greater than 100kb and you still ignore that forum rule I will restrict you from posting for 3 days and issue a warning level of 1.

I tried to warn him... confused_o.gifwhistle.gif

Anyways the orbital script is just a fancy .sqs that deletes the ramp (the object you really place in the editor) and sets the height all in one. What I do instead is delete it myself and give the gate a global name in the editor, I allways find its best to do things myself rather than rely on someone elses scripting... tounge2.gif

Anyone Got any Ideas for planets you wanna see in a new Stargate World map?

1.0 which was released is just a crap/basic versian i made, this one be in the works for longtime, I have orignal looking planets but updated and quite a few other Alien Looking worlds i guess to call them confused_o.gif

So any Misson maker got any ideas, shoot

Thx

Lukemax

Okay I'm having a little trouble with 1.2... can someone tell me where I'm going wrong..

(i)I have put #include <dsf_sg_dhd\includes.h> into description.ext

(ii)I placed a SGC Dial up computer along with a SGC stargate down with the following in its init box [this,"Earth"] exec "\DSF_SG_DHD\NamedGate.sqs"

(iii)I placed a DHD along with the second normal stargate with the following in its init [this,"p3x118"] exec "\DSF_SG_DHD\NamedGate.sqs"

Yet I get an error regarding scripting..

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

a desert one, and one like chulak, and one with some with larger cities might be good too. but i was also thinking about a large island that you can use for differnt purposes like a uninhabited world covered by a tempearte forest but with different sizes in clearings in the forest so you can put gates in the different clearings and make it look like a different world. then a mission maker like myself coudl add a few mapfact objects to make it look like http://www.gateworld.net/omniped....p.shtml that planet could be changed and a few buildings added to make it look like edora http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/planets/links/edora.shtml it would just be a multi purpose world and would be verys usefull also can i equest a larger alpha site and a seperate smaller beta site please as i use that alot in my campain. aslo a empty island would be good too so that we could add things like colonel wells SGC to one.

Anyone interested in makeing a pyramid then?

The sooner knocked up the sooner i can get screenshots like crazy_o.gif

I would make it, but i have probs with O2, i i dont want to spend a whole day fixing it up to make something so small/easy huh.gif

couldnt a ptyamid be added after the map has been released? there is a aztec one on the editors extra on ofp.info

Large Alpha Site in a contained base

Beta site with runway

Outpost site (like in Starship troopers episode with the bugs in the new seris)

Guold Death glider base (My Fav atm thumbs-up.gif )

they sound relli cool. i used some starship troopers bugs in a mission where they were attacking the mining world on your map. also used the jurrassic pack mod dinosaurs on the jungle type island. they were fun. death glider base sounds fun though, when will the map be released?

Looking for Peeps with ideas

The idea of this map will be better playability with worlds, better supposrt for misson makers and few addons, and yes more worlds smile_o.gif

I use the Homeland map alot. The land flows nicely ,and if you leave out some required mod/building packs it becomes the perfect SG island to build on.

Ideas for the new SG map. A burned out island might be cool... maybe the ori / jaffa killed everyone. Burned and destroyed buildings.

Has anyone found out how the BXBX SGC will work? Will it be a map, or an addon? You might take that into consideration on your next SG map. Leave a small island blank just incase.

Mixing starship troopers and stargate works good. Merge the trooper ramp and the gate,and you have a whole new gate. Makes vehicle gate entry easier to.

Okay I'm having a little trouble with 1.2... can someone tell me where I'm going wrong..

(i)I have put #include <dsf_sg_dhd\includes.h> into description.ext

(ii)I placed a SGC Dial up computer along with a SGC stargate down with the following in its init box [this,"Earth"] exec "\DSF_SG_DHD\NamedGate.sqs"

(iii)I placed a DHD along with the second normal stargate with the following in its init [this,"p3x118"] exec "\DSF_SG_DHD\NamedGate.sqs"

Yet I get an error regarding scripting..

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

try [this,"Earth"] exec "\DSF_SG_DHD\sqs\NamedGate.sqs" and [this,"p3x118"] exec "\DSF_SG_DHD\sqs\NamedGate.sqs"

Theres a error in the readme

i thought stargate worlds v1 was pritty cool smile_o.gif

anyone tried laying the Orbital gate down ?

ive not tried yet (because i cant work it i cant test it)

so ive not tried lol

i figure you could lay the gate down, about 2 foot from the floor, then surround it with a Sqaure box of ammo crates

then bang a dhd in teh back of a truck, and thiers the scene from Touchstone, were the 2nd earth gates stollen

You have to put the stargate on land, you cant put it in the air i belive huh.gif

I'm using version 1.1 of the stargates and I was wondering as you've put the init line for the 1.2 version, would it be very similar to do for version 1.1 except for the DSF_SG_DHD bit would be SG_DHD.

eg - [this,"Earth"] exec "\SG_DHD\sqs\NamedGate.sqs"

Would that be correct??