Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

I'm not as 'passoniate' about halting work on the mod, i'll still be releasing updates but they'll be a little slower due to RL priorities.

Anyone want to summerise up the bugs in rc4 to help me out?

I wish I could help on these addons but I know nothing about scripting what so ever, the only thing I can do is keep downloading the released addons and leaving feedback.

Cheers for the info Wraith.

new dhd released. visit my site

hmm strange im not able to download it... amybe if u put it in your addons section...

this is what happens when i click download:

You tried to direct-link to this resource. Please visit www.ofp-sgc.com and download your file. If it's not the case, maybe you should set up your browser to send referers.

crazy_o.gif doesnt make any sense to me the rest did work at downlaoding

I can't seem to any links to download version 1.1 of the stargate, everyone has got version 1.2 now, any ideas?

I'm not as 'passoniate' about halting work on the mod, i'll still be releasing updates but they'll be a little slower due to RL priorities.

I havent been having any problems this time around, other than when I have 3 gates, if I go to the dialing computer, it queues the wrong the address. However, if i manually type it in, it works fine. Nothing major

I can't seem to any links to download version 1.1 of the stargate, everyone has got version 1.2 now, any ideas?

go to www.ofp-sgc.com, like TheWraith said, its not on the front page obviously, its outdated, but click on addons, and scroll down.

Or go to BXBX's website, http://bxbx.atrey.vdsoft.org/

new dhd released. visit my site

hmm strange im not able to download it... amybe if u put it in your addons section...

this is what happens when i click download:

You tried to direct-link to this resource. Please visit www.ofp-sgc.com and download your file. If it's not the case, maybe you should set up your browser to send referers.

crazy_o.gif doesnt make any sense to me the rest did work at downlaoding

it's a protection from leeching. maybe your browser dont send referers? what browser you're using?

Guys, I'm having a seriously dumb day, all I can find is versions 1 and 1.2, I can't see any download on either link that you gave me that says stargate v1.1. Can anyone give me a direct link to the download and stop me from feeling like a complete noob.

Hi at first I have to say your work is excellent!inlove.gif

but I've a problem with your new star gates.

when I try to dial I receive this error Message: Keyboard not found

does everyone know why?

if your completly new to this mod,

may i recomend the 6 Test Missions from

http://bxbx.atrey.vdsoft.org/stargateen.php

(thier for the v1.0 and v1.1)

that'll get you going with how they work.

the 1.1 DSF upgrade version (dont need v1.0) it replaces it,

its a stand alone mod you can get it here

http://www.filelodge.com/files....led.zip

(kill enabled means if you step in the Wrong way you die)

if you have loads of problems with soldiers walking back in

try this edit,

that edit is also comaptable with 1.2

its all the same as DSF 1.1 besides (the 2 way effect is like 1.0) Kawoosh opening Still Kills smile_o.gif

try not to bug anyone about these as most consider them outdated and no longer suport them (only 1.2 is realy talked about now, as its being tested) odd but thier ye go lol

Warning

(you need 1.0 or 1.1 to make 1.2 work)

consider 1.2 a sort of pluggin, for older versions

if your realy stuck, remember the 6 test missions (for v1 or 1.1)

and these 2 books should help you to get it going smile_o.gif

Mission Editor Guide

http://www.filelodge.com/files....ial.zip

Command Refrence

http://www.filelodge.com/files....ion.zip

ps

anyone may leech links to these (no bandwith limits)

or pages to enter numbers {just a right click n save as}

thank you, but I know every older version, Ive played with all of your fantastic addons and all of them have worked, the version 1.2 of your Stargates worked fine too, but yesterday the Game crashed and now It works no more.

I have also try to replace all existing files.

sry I don't want to cause any trouble I try It myself now, thanks a lot for your support Wraith and Walmis!

sorry dude i was replying to "ATC Rogue"

i got no idea (i stopped at RC2) ive not used rc4 yet

i keep getting sidetracked by bugs i think i can fix but cant LOL

so ive left it to the pro's while i finish my audio pack

ws just pointing the other dude to a gate link

ps

if you've used some kind of Registry cleaner or a 3rd party defrag program it can move your serial number (sometimes a re-install will fix it)

WARNING its way safer to uninstall & reboot 1st

then re-install (saves loads of errors later)

and bk up mods 1st lol walmis bandwith gettin batterd

also to Dingmatt,

the work so far has been outstanding, if i new more id do more

but ive looked at it lol, and im lost

to be honnest i bet even the makers of ofp would be overwelmed by the code in the mod

i think i no about 2% of ofp confused_o.gif

when i finish my addon i'l try and get into the 1.2 version

i did try a bit but i just got no were

i dont envy the testers working on it,

also i respect the desicion of dsf

not enough hours in the day to perfect every detail in something this complex, your paitence with us noobs is also apreciated smile_o.gif

if your completly new to this mod,

may i recomend the 6 Test Missions from

http://bxbx.atrey.vdsoft.org/stargateen.php

(thier for the v1.0 and v1.1)

that'll get you going with how they work.

the 1.1 DSF upgrade version (dont need v1.0) it replaces it,

its a stand alone mod you can get it here

(kill enabled means if you step in the Wrong way you die)

if you have loads of problems with soldiers walking back in

try this edit,

that edit is also comaptable with 1.2

its all the same as DSF 1.1 besides (the 2 way effect is like 1.0) Kawoosh opening Still Kills smile_o.gif

try not to bug anyone about these as most consider them outdated and no longer suport them (only 1.2 is realy talked about now, as its being tested) odd but thier ye go lol

Warning

(you need 1.0 or 1.1 to make 1.2 work)

consider 1.2 a sort of pluggin, for older versions

if your realy stuck, remember the 6 test missions (for v1 or 1.1)

and these 2 books should help you to get it going smile_o.gif

Mission Editor Guide

http://www.filelodge.com/files....ial.zip

Command Refrence

http://www.filelodge.com/files....ion.zip

ps

anyone may leech links to these (no bandwith limits)

or pages to enter numbers {just a right click n save as}

Excuse me did anyone ask my permission before releasing edited DSF Code?

no  :'(  but 1.1 is'nt on the net anymore (from what ive seen)

and the edit, i thought it would help noobs actualy report genuin bugs, not report bugs due to lack of mission scripting knowledge

its only edit is goto"exit" instead of kill & killspecial

as for bandwith, i though i was also doing people a favor  confused_o.gif

i'l remove them if you want,

i just thought to many are put off this mod because it wont work for them

a little foot in the door (with a fully working noob proof gate)

may entice them to check out 1.2

Edit:

i got your pm, links are disabled goodnight.gif

I have to admit Wraith's post giving the various links so I could try and get to grips with what's been happening has really helped and makes it a lot less daunting. I don't know a damn thing about scripting or how to do the magical things you guys creating the addons can do but I have a lot of ideas regarding mission creating. As long as I can use the addons that have been released without needing to work out a difficult script then I'll be very happy.

Edit :- I've just noticed the above post regarding the links being disabled. @ Dingmatt, I downloaded all of the links provided so when I do write a mp mission I can send the required addons to my team mates. please pm me and let me know if there's something I'm not meant to have and I will gladly delete it from the collection.

I am happy Wraith has hosted a copy of 1.1 and he is free to keep the non-edited online but no one should release edited code without its owners permission.

Theres should be no acception to this rule and its also very bad manners.

im fairly a noob at this to

although im making an addon its not exacly rockette sceince what im doing, its just an addon (no 3d moddling) and even though ive edited stuff & i can semi script, this stargate mod still confuses me  banghead.gif

im a very big sg fan and i no if its put me off using 1.2 then i bet its put off others, the jaffa & glider problem has only put people off more so now to   sad_o.gif

as for permission, i never got to release an updated jaffa or the apophis & they worked banghead.gif  ,

(im not after credit for anything)

on another note  i never got permission to actualy host the

Stargate Worlds v1 (with all the addons)

the guys just unreachable, and thiers so many adddons

im not mailing them all, was just tryna help

so that to will also be gone in a moment, making it even more confusing,

i would'nt mind if i was running a site i made money off,

or was taking credit, but it dont even have a page : /

cant delete the worlds

Quote[/b] ]This function is currently down for maintenance and will be back shortly.

if any of the addon makers has a problem with the stargate worlds v1 on filefront, just report it as a bad file and they'll bin it, the gate is NOT in the worlds pack, its just the map & addons

being a noob my self, i no how all the others feel

and no offence, but the readme you all go on about so much is a joke, even to people fully complient in scripting 1.1 missions goodnight.gif

Just like you I also have RL priorities but I'll try to wrap it up as soon as possible if no one is faster.

I'll send it to you via mail once it's done.

I'd appreciate if you could acknowledge every possible bug as a bug or telling me if it's a falsely reported bug. That way I can shrink the list and not bother you with bugs that aren't bugs.

I'd even help you with the code but apart from mission editing and scripting (for missions) I never looked into that kind of stuff so I don't know if I can be of any help?

No offense, but this is getting sort of "noobish", half of the people who post in this thread regularly have only recently registered and I haven't seen them make any posts anywhere else, it gives me the impression that they're here because of the Stargate mod.  confused_o.gif The nice OFP-community-style tranquility is dissipating in this thread. I hate to see people doing disrespectful things (such as releasing modified work without the author's permission) and I know that people who have been active longer in these forums would know better than to do these things. It just gets frustrating after a while, when people don't read the readme, when people ask the same questions over again, when people disrespect other members of the community and especially addon makers, and when people make posts in other languages when this is an English board. I would really apprechiate better conduct here, this is after all still the BI Forums, and there are certain expectations (I'm not trying to steal the moderators' thunder.  whistle.gif  I'm only asking... wink_o.gif ).

Dingmatt, I'm curious to know what your intentions are of further work on Stargate related addons, and what kind of "man power" you might possibly be in need of, to which I might be able to contribute (one of these days I'm going to have to stop offering more help than I can provide.  crazy_o.gif But for now I will have to choose the most projects I can by order of which is most worth it).

Edit: If you're wondering I can do the scripting, there are just a few mathmatical procedures and specific aspects that I'm not yet very familiar with, and I'm familiar with almost every other aspect of addon making and understand some things (like configs) more than most people are willing to. icon_rolleyes.gif (It's like they run and hide when they hear the word config rofl.gif )

im fairly a noob at this to

although im making an addon its not exacly rockette sceince what im doing, its just an addon (no 3d moddling) and even though ive edited stuff & i can semi script, this stargate mod still confuses me  banghead.gif

im a very big sg fan and i no if its put me off using 1.2 then i bet its put off others, the jaffa & glider problem has only put people off more so now to   sad_o.gif

as for permission, i never got to release an updated jaffa or the apophis & they worked banghead.gif  ,

(im not after credit for anything)

on another note  i never got permission to actualy host the

Stargate Worlds v1 (with all the addons)

the guys just unreachable, and thiers so many adddons

im not mailing them all, was just tryna help

so that to will also be gone in a moment, making it even more confusing,

i would'nt mind if i was running a site i made money off,

but it dont even have a page : /

cant delete the worlds

Quote[/b] ]This function is currently down for maintenance and will be back shortly.

if any of the addon makers has a problem with the stargate worlds v1 on filefront, just report it as a bad file and they'll bin it   goodnight.gif

Hosting the file isn't the problem, if it works or not isn't either its the fact you have basically stolen code.

I would have had not problem with the release if you had asked but theres little chance for it now.

No offense, but this is getting sort of "noobish", half of the people who post in this thread regularly have only recently registered and I haven't seen them make any posts anywhere else, it gives me the impression that they're here because of the Stargate mod.  confused_o.gif The nice OFP-community-style tranquility is dissipating in this thread. I hate to see people doing disrespectful things (such as releasing modified work without the author's permission) and I know that people who have been active longer in these forums would know better than to do these things. It just gets frustrating after a while, when people don't read the readme, when people ask the same questions over again, when people disrespect other members of the community and especially addon makers, and when people make posts in other languages when this is an English board. I would really apprechiate better conduct here, this is after all still the BI Forums, and there are certain expectations (I'm not trying to steal the moderators' thunder.  whistle.gif  I'm only asking... wink_o.gif ).

Dingmatt, I'm curious to know what your intentions are of further work on Stargate related addons, and what kind of "man power" you might possibly be in need of, to which I might be able to contribute (one of these days I'm going to have to stop offering more help than I can provide.  crazy_o.gif But for now I will have to choose the most projects I can by order of which is most worth it).

I couldn't have said it better myself, the main reason DSF pulled out infact.

As for help it would be appriciated but i don't know how you can, i'm the only one who knows the gates code and the problems that lay there within.

Thank you for the offer though.

Quote[/b] ]but theres little chance for it now

well i would'nt ask now anyway sad_o.gif

if its about stollen code, then the fans aint ever going to enjoy this mod

i dont no if you even checked the file

but it was the same readme, besides what ide alterd,

added to the bottom

i actualy thought you were sick & tierd of noobs bugging you

with useless errors thats down to them, this would of clearly solved that & got more people into it (because it worked)

to a modder its stealing code, to a fan its fixing a puncture on ye mates bike, no credits expected or taken

also stargate fans are bound to sign up on a stargate topic : /

so im sorry if you feel i stole from you

but i saw it as doing 99% of people using this, a favor

im a noob, not a modder

Ok this is me wrapping this up before it gets to out of hand.

Wraith, keep out of the SG code.