Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

Quote[/b] ]crionyk are you gunna add C4 to sg teams?

i don't know, i have to think about it

Quote[/b] ]Also how about in desert camo?

not now, perhaps in next release wink_o.gif

Have you already thought about taking weapon addons that already exist? I mean there are so many good ones but nobody uses them. For example:

P90 pack from Cheetah

Shotgun Pack from Nightstalker

These are really great.

I will have a look to make some SG faces but maybe it would be better to make special units like the mercs of Nephilim.

Yes the models in those weapon packs are great, but those addons can be made better, for example, the shotguns there could be fitted with my shotgun scripting if I made a new addon. And also I used Cheetah's P90 models for the P90 project I'm working on, they are really good models but there's so much more that I added to them to make them more realistic.

Quote[/b] ]the shotguns there could be fitted with my shotgun scripting if I made a new addon

add it your extended/folded script like in BD_uzi  smile_o.gif   pistols.gif

Players with the problem of AI team members dying:

Use the MoveinCargo commands, and stick your team in a vehicle with you as driver.  Have someone dial the gate (or get out and do it yourself) and then once the gate is FULLY Opened, IE: No animations but the rippling (wait a few seconds after the blast) drive through.  Once on the other side your team can dis-ambark and hey presto, everyones their alive and well wink_o.gif.

kai

but what if u dont want to use a vehicle. you shouldnt have to use a vehicle to take AI men through the stargate. isnt there away of making a Ai path down the stargate ramp so that when they come through they just go straight off. and is their any word on when DSF v1.2 is released yet?

is it possible that someone could make some of these rail guns seen in atlantis?

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/120_19.shtml

Unfortunately this is the only fix I can see unless someone wants to make some changes.  Remember this is just until the updated version comes out.

P.S. yeah railguns would rule wink_o.gif

thought id put a thought out there but someone a few weeksago asked for some priors. and i remember a vampire addons a long time ago where you could levitate cars and levitate yourself and throw people through the air and im thinking that with the authors permission someone could use their special powers and put them nto a proir looking unit? heres a link http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7007 they can call in fire rain and stuff like that. it sounds like stuff that could be easily converted so that the ori priors can be a reallity

Hi guys, i'm following this topic for a while now and I really like your work !!

I have an idea for the F302 addon. Cause I've made a small mission with some death gliders (also nice work for "a small conversion" wink_o.gif ) but when i get out of rockets there is nothing to shoot em down with.

and in the last episode of SG Atlantis, i saw it had a railgun. Is it possible to fit the F302 with a railgun?

you can see it in action here

yeah it could do with a rail gun or a vulcan cannon. which atlantis is tht off cos i dnt fink i have seen that one?

season 2 episode 20 wink_o.gif

it's already been aired in Canada but not in the US

(kept it short, so i wouldn't spoil the episode)

Good idea converting the vampires and such into priors, with permission from the author of course. Also A railgun, ground based and one for the 302, would be cool, however we just need to see whats in-store. However I was going to look into the possibility of making the prometheus have the ability to launch fighters off its decks...however I will need to take a look at this and see if the engine could support it. The only way I could see it of working would to make 2 version of the prometheus, 1 that can fly...and the other a static airborne object. You would have to put the heights into the init string at the start when placing units, but im going to see if its doable first.

kai

kai u could do like the GAW platforms addon which is a static airborne but u don't hav to put nefing into the init box

and there are some hover landin crapf that are able to just spawn tanks off them so you could turn that to spawn 302s off them promethius doesnt relly have decks ether though it just has to hanger bits at the side so you would want to have opening hangar doors on it. it would be quite a challenge but if you up for it go for it. just release a prop version that doesnt do anything for us to add into our missions as a "prop" first lol. if your gonna woork on anyfin though id go for the rail guns because honza_SG-1 is working on promethius already and if it will be anythin like the stargate and the SGC pics to go off it will be amazin. start with something small then go larger.

Quote[/b] ]A railgun, ground based and one for the 302

give photos, many photos detaileds and we can try it  wink_o.gif

What do you think about desert, artic camo ( or another one ) ?

hey heres a pack of rail gun images i found on the internet. just thought id let u know that it is a fictional weapon in the stargate universe and has so far in its AA form only appeard in one episode so gud images are difficult to come from. there are also one or two pics of them defending atlantis so you can see what colour the rounds are. they are blue or yellow. and once a AA version is made you could easily put 1 on the 302 and prometheus.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13984111/Rail_Gun.rar.html

by the way i think desert cammo yes but i personally would never use arctic cammo. but thts just me.

i think the vamps were made by the farmland boys so they would be eay to contact to get their permission to use thier scripts for priors

and there are some hover landin crapf that are able to just spawn tanks off them so you could turn that to spawn 302s off them promethius doesnt relly have decks ether though it just has to hanger bits at the side so you would want to have opening hangar doors on it. it would be quite a challenge but if you up for it go for it. just release a prop version that doesnt do anything for us to add into our missions as a "prop" first lol. if your gonna woork on anyfin though id go for the rail guns because honza_SG-1 is working on promethius already and if it will be anythin like the stargate and the SGC pics to go off it will be amazin. start with something small then go larger.

Rail guns and spawning 302's is a really easy task, wait till i finished the new gates and i'll give you a hand.

is there a release date for the new gate?

Hopefully sunday, sorry about the delay but we found a pretty major bug in the gate naming script. been fixed now and were continuing to stress test.