Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

i dnt fink that the 303 will be able to have 302s in the bay. apparently it is going to have the ability to spawn 302 fighters though. nad flashpoints polly limit is 12000

anyone can help on female soldiers ? ( Carter model smile_o.gif ) i've problems with head ... sad_o.gif

My girlfriend would love being able to finally play a female soldier. wink_o.gif

Sadly, I can't help you on that, but rest assured, there are female OFP players who really would like to have female soldier models. wink_o.gif

theres 2 survilian packs out (i think Dr.Pepper or something like that)

thiers a male pack and female pack (on ofp.info)

look for dr pepper under units

he may let you use the models or heads  smile_o.gif

ps

if you'd of read the Readme (Advanced).txt

in the AudioFx Addon, thiers a command you can run   yay.gif

Place an SGC Soldier on the map, in its INT paste this

this setFace "SGCFemale001"

its only a temp face for now but when i replaced, it'll have the same file name, so you can use it in mission EXT or what ever and updates will still cover it smile_o.gif

pps

that was in v2  aswell as the new one whistle.gif   lol

i might try identities at a later date, so units use sgc voices

but i cant do that till i get a finished sg1 team

(with class names that wont be changed later) crazy_o.gif

Um, why do you think v1.2 will solve your problem?

If you don't know how to use scripts then you will not be able to use them in any mission, regardless whether you use the Stargate mod or not. I believe the new version will rely on scripts, too and a mission designer should know a little bit about them, at least how to use them. v1.2 won't help you, the search function or some tutorial might.

at least after 1.2 other people will start really getting into making missions, rather than being told to wait by DSF because their gate will be release "very shortly"

but people are making missions and then updating them as the new addons come out like myself. if i was you id begin to learn how to make missions and do some yourself. i unpbo'ed (not in the dictionary i think) a few missions and learnt that way.

Someone was making an X303, but I'm not sure if they still are...

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=5386

DSF's 303

[imghttp://www.dsfproductions.co.uk/images/303.jpg/img]

[imghttp://www.dsfproductions.co.uk/images/3031.jpg/img]

Amazing! :O

Will there be a static version we can walk around in? (or maybe use BAS hover scripts)

but people are making missions and then updating them as the new addons come out like myself. if i was you id begin to learn how to make missions and do some yourself. i unpbo'ed (not in the dictionary i think) a few missions and learnt that way.

I dont know how to unpbo, and ive asked at least once in here if anyone knows a good place to learn, and was shrugged off

get the PBO decriptor from here http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?sekce=utilities click on a missions PBO and extract it. then place the whole file that is extracted into user/(username)/mission folder. then open them up in mission editor. then you can learn yourself how triggers and waypoints can work.

Cool, thanks, I appreciate it.

Oh, and TheWraith, I just tried out your audio missions. They're really cool, nice work.

ile make some more indepth audio scripts once ive pulled more sounds

im currently working on weapon scripts  yay.gif

CRIONYK, gave me an idea with his remove zat script

you'll be able to equipe sg team members with 1 command

with choice of p90's, mp5's and so on, will be in v4   smile_o.gif

also try WinPbo aswell  (its kinda like winrar/winzip)

anyone any good with photo shop or paint shop pro ?

(thats not that good with flashpoint, but fancys making something)

im looking for someone more into stargate "with art app skills"

i can show you how to test faces in game, if anyone has thier own sg eps on dvd (so you can do screen caps)  you could easily make faces "if your good with an art app"

sadly im not lol

pm me if your up for it  smile_o.gif

and i can sort some ofp face templates and an ext to load them, so you can test how they look your self  smile_o.gif

Totally agreed.

I dont know how to unpbo, and ive asked at least once in here if anyone knows a good place to learn, and was shrugged off

Because this is not the place for standard ( ! ) ofp editing. wink_o.gif There's a seperate sub forum in this board. wink_o.gif

If I were you, I'd start with easy editing, looking at other missions to learn a few things and especially read some good tutorials, that's how I learned it. I can't do everything possible but almost as much as I need to create what I imagine.

The editor is so easy, you can learn it really fast (unlike the Unreal editors... now THAT is a pain). The biggest advantage is that you can directly load the mission and test it out.

I just un-PBO-ed a mission, and it helps a little bit, but now all I know is which scripts are being executed. Is there anyway to "Un-sqs" something? I think that would help tons

then new DSF stargates pose a problem for us editors as we (or i am) going to have to learn how to put a picture into the mission briefing of the gate that you are going tos adress on the dialer. otherwise the person playing will have a challlange of doing the mission. lol. thts just my way round it.

@ The Wraith : i can give you weapons classname to make your script  wink_o.gif  if you can make faces, i'm ok to use them  wink_o.gif

i've used head model from here if you can make them compliant with llauma's head project  smile_o.gif

@ all :

little carter image

carter9cg.jpg

if you go to users/ missions then open up the mission file there are the SQS files if they do not open rightclick - openwith- notepad

if you go to users/ missions then open up the mission file there are the SQS files if they do not open rightclick - openwith- notepad

okay thanks again

at least after 1.2 other people will start really getting into making missions, rather than being told to wait by DSF because their gate will be release "very shortly"

Well heres a thought, go make your own missions? or perhaps contribute more to the mod than whining?

Now child let the big boys make the decisions and maybe you'll get a treat when their finished.

I'm already a self-proclaimed ignorant noob when it comes to scripting, and maybe I wouldn't be so upset if DSF wasnt always like "The mod comes out tomorrow!" oh wait, that was a month ago.

and you ASSUME I'm not working on anything right now

I'm already a self-proclaimed ignorant noob when it comes to scripting, and maybe I wouldn't be so upset if DSF wasnt always like "The mod comes out tomorrow!" oh wait, that was a month ago.

No i ASSUME you'll never get anything your working on to actually work and tragicly i'm not bothered if your upset or not.

Though don't worry, dont get all glum i can repeat the phrase "it'll be done when its done" as many times as you like.

P.S. wheres your whin ON/OFF button? its like talking to a furby.

P.P.S. who needs to work on the gates when i can sit here and annoy noobs all day.

Here's My mission: http://rapidshare.de/files/14236353/SGMission1.rar

Its pretty basic, There's no briefing, the gate dials automatically, Go through and you'll know what to do.

Add-ons:

DSF's stargate mod

Walmis' Jaffa

Stargate Soldiers

Lukemax's Stargate island

F302

Feedback/Comments/Suggestions: xxboudreauxx@hotmail.com

Specials thanks to DSF, without their mod this mission wouldnt be possible

Also to Walmis, and Lukemax, for their Addons

No i ASSUME you'll never get anything your working on to actually work and tragicly i'm not bothered if your upset or not.

Though don't worry, dont get all glum i can repeat the phrase "it'll be done when its done" as many times as you like.

P.S. wheres your whin ON/OFF button? its like talking to a furby.

P.P.S. who needs to work on the gates when i can sit here and annoy noobs all day.

lol that last line :P

@ The Wraith : i can give you weapons classname to make your script  wink_o.gif  if you can make faces, i'm ok to use them  wink_o.gif

i've used head model from here if you can make them compliant with llauma's head project  smile_o.gif

@ all :

im no good with art apps  :'(

i tried making faces for an airwolf mod and i faild badly lol

if you could send me the face (from the head your using)

that way if anyone does pm me, (wich i doubt)  : / lmao

i can send them that face and basic ofp face templates

in an ext so they can try and overlay

(using them as a template)

i just incerted a female face for a standard unit into the addon for now as im not sure who's using what heads

weapon class names would be helpfull, but the script will be useless untill the actual packs out (not that im rushing you) lol

more time = more detail, so im willing to wait smile_o.gif

ive not seen anyone realy mention anything concerning them black cammo SG units, im not sure if they use default ofp faces as standard or what lol

on a note about not knowing what.....

and the amount of people making odd bits....

i kinda understand the need for a seperate forum,

with Specific topics pinned (for every related addon)

"not mod team" IE topic for each pbo so far

"each main Topic with the name of the PBO in question"

would help people disscuse ideas for specific pbo's.

being able to post in a topic dedicated to a file name

may help people submit ideas for specific files

also the modders could look them over before a release for fresh ideas or noted bugs in previos versions

ps

cant ye just feal the love in the last 3 or 4 posts of this topic  rofl.gif

anyone hosting AudioandFX addon on thier site,

heres a pic for your page

kinda hard to do one, as thiers NO visual of it ingame) LOL

i pm'd it to blackwolf but the forum died last night so no idea if it sent

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2659/stargatefxandaudio6fq.jpg

anyone can resize it to what ever  smile_o.gif

also dsf should of posted a solution to just remove the kill script for now, if its posible : /

im also still tryna figure out why lukemax used the name stargate.pbo

its an awsome island (i love it) i just hope no one makes another stargate.pbo, it'll cause many probs for noobs

any news on v2 of that island ?

SG_AlphaSite2.pbo (would be apropriate name)

also SG_AlphaSite1.pbo for the v1

name looks cool to yay.gif