Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

BMI - International Blackops releas

Yep same problem... Gotta look into this, I can't seem to duplicate the problem either which makes it even harder for me sad_o.gif

What version of OFP do you have btw?

Im using 1.96

ditto...along with FFUR but I don't think it would have a problem with that all other addon units work fine.... confused_o.gif

On the first page of the black ops disscusion there was a desert looking soldier. Did he scraped? I know Im too lazy to look through all the pages tounge2.gif

Nope that's apart of the International Special Forces Pack, that'll be later  thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]ts a shame that ECP 1.085 causes these guys to shout russian (being on resistance side), but nevermind

After I placed the guys in the editor, I just opened the mission SQM and changed the side from GUER to WEST, and the ECP made them speak english.. I know it works, but is it bad to do this?

Its all The Units i think.. i put in a few groups.. and this was the results for all units..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MattRochelle/bug1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MattRochelle/bug2.jpg

Expirienced that bug too, feel so guilty about not reporting it but i thought it was my ill flashpoint (12GB folders seem to have their own will..) because with a new proper install which i made for ECP 1.85 these units worked just fine. So am i right thinking that this has to with some other addon interfering with Bambis units ? huh.gif

Anyway, awesome work and im happy you released it smile_o.gif

May many people have fun with ´em!

Its all The Units i think.. i put in a few groups.. and this was the results for all units..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MattRochelle/bug1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MattRochelle/bug2.jpg

Expirienced that bug too, feel so guilty about not reporting it but i thought it was my ill flashpoint (12GB folders seem to have their own will..) because with a new proper install which i made for ECP 1.85 these units worked just fine. So am i right thinking that this has to with some other addon interfering with Bambis units ? huh.gif

Anyway, awesome work and im happy you released it smile_o.gif

May many people have fun with ´em!

Hrmm yeah that was Helifreak's premature guess, that an addon was conflicting with mine but he never got back to me on it... But I guess it's true?

But I guess it's true?

Thats the only guess i have, with an almost fresh install it works perfectly nixweiss.gif

Bambi I have an weird bug to report,I don't have the hollow man bug but your units are running through vehicles. crazy_o.gif

I've tried with other add-ons to check that it's not the fault of some other add-on but it's the same,for example they can walk through CBT Humvees,BAS Choppers and BW Mod Dingo,it's like those vehicles are invisible for them.I've also tried with other units Laser Rangers for ex. and everything is right.

Other than that awesome units. smile_o.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  i got the bug (half visible)  also  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  and i was so looking forward to these guys

i ll be checking my addons folders to seewhat is causing this sad_o.gif

and ill keep on hunting till i or somebody else finds out what is causing this

Bambi I have an weird bug to report,I don't have the hollow man bug but your units are running through vehicles. crazy_o.gif

I've tried with other add-ons to check that it's not the fault of some other add-on but it's the same,for example they can walk through CBT Humvees,BAS Choppers and BW Mod Dingo,it's like those vehicles are invisible for them.I've also tried with other units Laser Rangers for ex. and everything is right.

Ooo I see what you mean...Lemme get that fixed biggrin_o.gif

I apologize to everyone who's getting the missing mid-section bug, I really have no idea on what's causing it as the units themselves have been fine for me and some testers since the beginning. The only thing I can really recommend is to clean out your addon folder sad_o.gif until I can find out what's really causing it...

If someone has any ideas, PM asap

Ooo I see what you mean...Lemme get that fixed biggrin_o.gif

I apologize to everyone who's getting the missing mid-section bug, I really have no idea on what's causing it as the units themselves have been fine for me and some testers since the beginning. The only thing I can really recommend is to clean out your addon folder sad_o.gif until I can find out what's really causing it...

If someone has any ideas, PM asap

BAMBI

if these guys are working for you  do you have a list off your addons folders?  if you do could you send it to me then i will cross check the addons (any addon not in your folders but present in mine are suspects) and the files you dont have and i do  i will then remove one by one  until we find the bug

But I guess it's true?

Thats the only guess i have, with an almost fresh install it works perfectly nixweiss.gif

You Were Exactly Right...

I Dont no which addon but.. with a mod folder of its own.. with no other addons..

nonbug1.jpg

Hi Bambi!

First up... What a great addon! OFP has been lacking seriously and professionally updated BlackOps for ages, and these are just quality! Well done!

OK - The vanishing sections bug... I'm pretty sure it IS some sort of conflict with another addon... I installed the Blackops into res\addons and ran OFP (1.96) - blackops are fine...

I tried ECP - also fine.

I tried Y2K3 - still fine.

I tried the last and soon to be replaced FFUR 5.0 - Suddenly I've got blackops with the dreaded missing sections!

I also tried CSLA II and FDF, just to be sure - no problems again

So it's something to do with either a script, or - more likely - an addon that is included with FFUR 5.0, but NOT with any of these other total replacement mods...

The test was 12 different blackops variants and myself (standard west soldier) on desert island with no other units or scripts... I saved that basic setup in the editor and used the same one with all mods... When I got the "missing sections" it was with ALL black op units, not just specific ones

So - not too much help, but maybe this info will help narrow the field for you while you try to figure out what's causing it...

I've got a question about the NVGs as well, but I'll have to type it later, since I gotta go cook supper for about 14 peepz right now sad_o.gif

GREAT Units!!!!!!

Bushlurker

ok we are getting closer to the problem

but i have the bug and i dont!! have FFUR installed (not even present on my harddrive)

so ok what addons are included in the ffur pack ?

Looking very good mate, nice job.

I haven't tried the addon out yet (still downloading), but I feel I may be able to shed some light on the subject of the 'missing mid-section' bug. It may be an issue with the model names in conjunction with the cfgmodels section of the config.cpp coupled with the cfgmodels section of an, as of yet, unknown addon. Let me try and explain:- Say, for example you named the model ABC_123.p3d, and made a cfg models entry for that model, it would look something along the lines of this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgModels

{

class Default {};

class Head: Default {};

class Man: Default

{

sections[] =

{

"head injury","body injury",

"l arm injury","r arm injury","p arm injury",

"l leg injury","r leg injury","p leg injury",

"medic",

"hlava",

"krk",

"zasleh"

};

sectionsInherit=Head;

};

class ABC_123: Man

{

sections[] =

{

"head injury","body injury",

"l arm injury","r arm injury","p arm injury",

"l leg injury","r leg injury","p leg injury",

"hlava",

"krk",

"zasleh"

};

sectionsInherit=Head;

};

If however, another addon had the same model name (ABC_123.p3d) and uses a cfgmodels section correctly, it may be over-riding your cfgmodels section, and may be causing the warping and missing mid-section bug some people are experiencing. Without this unknown addon, other users are experiencing no problems at all.

I may be wrong about this, but I'm fairly sure its somehow related to the selections defined in the model - its just odd it doesn't present itself for everyone who tries them.

*EDIT: Glad to see the SJB Animated NVG idea is being used more widely these days.

Guest Ti0n3r

About that bug. You can solve it by turning down the Ofp Geometry performance.

Guest Ti0n3r

If you turn it all the way down the problem will dissapear. I havent tried anything else than max and minimum.

Edit: I also send Bambi a pm about this.

very very very impressive. Love the balaclava model especially smile_o.gif

its a shame that ECP 1.085 causes these guys to shout russian (being on resistance side), but nevermind smile_o.gif

But you can set it to English in ECP smile_o.gif And you can do it IN mission.

alright the geometry trick worked on showing the guys (not just parts) (althoug i can walk true them with other soldiers)

but ofp looks like sh*t wihout a geometry tounge2.gif

so lets figure out something else shall we :P

The geometry trick for walking through vehicles didn't worked for me,I tried put it at max and no change,on min all the objects in Ofp look almost like boxes.

To clear things up, i already fixed the problem with the unit collision thing with objects, it does not involve you guys changing options and stuff, its through my part in editing through Oxygen. Im releasing an update to fix these bugs.