raedor

Mapfact's Dynamic AI Creator: Preview

If the DAC AI is activated, the units get out and explore the area.

Then they get in again, and move to the next WP.

Sounds Great.. smile_o.gif

Sounds excellent. smile_o.gif

Look forward to your release. thumbs-up.gif

Here a text written by silola in the Mapfact forum smile_o.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

I would like to give today times a small idea of the development of DAC to you,

After I had already written some smaller contributions in the official BIS Forum.

Present development:

Those DAC scripts are to 95% finished (only a few little things) the DAC readme is finished approx.

to 60% finished (the first half is already to translate passed on) the 10 editor examples are

to 80% my conception was and is it, to generate high complexity and dynamics,

whereby the flexibility for mapper must remain.

In order to reach, I had to automate many expirations in DAC,

what the mapper was responsable for until now.

here a small example:

If you want to spawn units during a mission ,you need to ensure that the respective unit

is placed either in the editor for each 1 times, or you produce each type of unit in the beginnig of the mission.

So that creating units/vehicles won´t causes disturbing lag ,which everyone knows - that´s for sure.

That is always connected for mapper with work completely to be silent from the expenditure of time,

if he would like to change units in his mission.

This expiration e.g., is automated in DAC and mapper needs not to care around these hires.

DAC determines the possible unit types in the zones independently.

E.g. only if infantry is generated, DAC also only catches these unit types.

Also ai-respawn...you doesn´t have to take special precautions, in order to activate respwan.

You just need to generate one zone in what at least one spawn camp is created ,the ai-respawn will be activated automatically.

In addition infantrie-groups will be deleted if time or distance to the player is exceeded.

The AI reacts on all units that are noticed.

all characteristics are editing and adaptable.

That is enough for the technical and theoretical part.

How is DAC noticeable ingame?

Presently i am creating a small demo mission with nearly every characteristics of DAc

that dynamics still surprises me.

DAC creates formally a small engagements scenario that generates itself again each mission start

and runs off again and again differently.

The following scenario has been created by setting zones:

dac17gd.jpg

A large east zone with 12 infantrie groups,2 armed vehicles,1 unarmed vehicle.In "chotain",laruns,and levie a small east zone with 3,2 and 2 infantrie groups each location.

In the north and west the zones 5 + 6 with 1 infantrie group each.Therer you find the east camps for spawning new units.

up to the 3 small zones in the localities, it is absolutely uncertain, where,

which east units will go/drive and which routes they take.

On the other for west there's only one zone (10) in the south where 5 infantry groups and one vehicle are created.

There are two inactive west-spawn-zones with 5 infantry groups and one armed vehicle each.

These units aren't spawned in the beginning thus inactive.

All westzones (1 active, 2 inactive) have one waypoint zone in the villages they are linked to.

So the west units will try to reach the respective villages.

Hopefully this is clear :-)

East clearly overpowers west, you see it immediately after DAC has generated the situation.

dac29jn.jpg

The dynamic mission starts... The west units are moving towards Levie fastly. They can't stay

together for long time because they encounter the first hostiles. Two groups are staying behind

to deal this situation desidedly

dac31cm.jpg

The rest is moving further to reach Levie asap. There the resistance is rather weak at the beginning

until something unforseen happens. One east group puts up strenuous opposition and eliminates not less than

three groups of west. Maybe snipers? I don't know since I only study the events on the map.

But I didn't miss the spawn of three additional west group. Let's see how they do it.

The last east group in Levie some how has managed to call support as one can see the respective troop's

movement in the hinterland.

dac54gn.jpg

DAC tells me about all actions and reactions of the ai so I can imagine the show in Levie

without being there. And there was quite a show, indeed!

dac64ve.jpg

10 mins later...

The support is proven to be true. The east units are establishing themselves in Levie and hardly

give west any ground. From time to time a group breaks through but is eliminated rather fastly by east.

While some more west units are spawned some east units are pulling back to continue their previous routes.

That might give me with my group (still outside the zone) the opportunity to intervene. Only when I make it

alive to Levie the inactive zone in the east will be activated and west gets some more supporting units

and one additional spawn camp.

That might even out the balance of powers a bit and ease the situation in Levie. But before I'll get there

more bullets will fly through the red morning sky and I remember the bad weather reports...

I can't tell how this will be going on. What I know is I have to get to Laruns afterwards to activate the

second inactive zone in the west. At the same time I rid the enemy off his spawn camp in the west so there's

only one left in the north.

Once reached this point I will be fairly easy to take the little village Chotain to end this mission

"powered by DAC" suuccesfully :-)

Okay, that for now will give you the feel of this dynamically generated mission. DAC had something to

calculate while I had some fun!

dac46pv.jpg

There had been units to be deleted, new units had to be respawned, groups were reduced and rebuild,

zones activeted and deactivated again.

So, I had to constrain myself to end this test otherwise DAC hardly would be finished ;-)

bye,

silola

-------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait to try this, then to try to combine it with the DMA missions. tounge2.gif

Wow that sounds really really really Great!..

i can just imagine big battles fighting over a town biggrin_o.gif then finaly over running the enemy then fighting them back untill they are mostly all gone then raid there last spawn camp and win so to speak i cant wait.. GJ Silola sounds like the next big thing smile_o.gif

Honchoblack recently referred me to visit this thread, and I have to say that this is some of the most exciting news in regards to upgrading the AI I've ever come across.

Thunderbird84 mentioned that once FFUR is released, that he's going to release a package that will allow the AI to use the leaning function in the game. His main reason for not including it in the "general" FFUR release is based on the fact that said script may very well compromise the game's performance.

I'm wondering if it's possible through this mod to assign "leaning AI" only to areas inside/outside of buildings and other obstacles. Perhaps if only a portion of the AI could lean it'd cut down on the performance drop, and really, the only AI that would need to take advantage of leaning would be the ones who would be in close proximity to urban environments. The mission maker would simply assign "leaning smart" AI to patrol/occupy/defend regions that had manmade obstacles.

Just wondering.

Kyle

smile_o.gif

hi,

sorry, but DAC has none learning AI.

It is rather the combination of several dynamic elements

which wake this impression:

dynamic ai movement

dynamic ai behaviour

dynamic ai respawn

To the fact comes that the AI-Scripte react not

only to the player and his group, but to all

generated enemy's units.

Then this leads to unpredictable situations and battles

An element is not moved in DAC yet:

The moved of zones during the running mission:

With this possibility the troop retreat is simulated,

or also the thrust by troops.

However, this element will be contained only in a later version.

I hope that it likes you, nevertheless.

bye

silola

The replacement of the zones could be easily accomplished by the mission designer, but still would be nice if it was a part of the engine.

Quote[/b] ]dynamic ai movement

dynamic ai behaviour

dynamic ai respawn

To the fact comes that the AI-Scripte react not

only to the player and his group, but to all

generated enemy's units.

This is the best part of the DAC, it sets a truly dynamic enviroment, for the mission designers to place their missions in. And even better, the mission designer himself will not know where the enemy will be approaching from, making missions completly unpredictable (and may cause some betatesting nightmares, because you will never know what hit you tounge2.gif ).

Should be great fun just witnessing the battles with your Xcam console, Silola wink_o.gif

its begining to sound like its own little OFP2 biggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

oh i am so excited i cant wait biggrin_o.gif

hi,

@matt:I am glad that you like DAC,

but please something lowers your expectations please,

because also I cook only with water icon_rolleyes.gif

DAC could become an enrichment for OFP, if

it is used warily and carefully.

With DAC you incline fast to generate too many groups.

And then DAC can also change nothing in it

if OFP suddenly breaks if too many groups must be shown.

You may not just exaggerate it, then DAC could

be a good partner for you wink_o.gif

bye

silola

hi,

this is generally no problem. smile_o.gif

you must respect only to it that the players

correctly are named.

perhaps, you must determine the right time,

when dac exactly starts.

According to him what runs off exactly

with the mission at the beginning.

Yesterday dac was finished. biggrin_o.gif

At the moment there runs the last test with a few select testers.

The translation is also in the full way.

I hope that it can be soon published

if not still bigger mistakes appear. confused_o.gif

bye

silola

Yesterday dac was finished. biggrin_o.gif

I-'-M-S-O-H-A-P-P-Y-!-!-!-!-!

yay.gif

Silola: you will be in my heart forever!!!

Klavan

Well i am glad you have finished it. It will be Revolutionary notworthy.gif

Very, very impressive. DAC is definitely going to be the next big thing. So many possibilities.

Silola, you are a genius notworthy.gif

Many thanks for your praise.

But do not praise the day before the evening wink_o.gif

And please thinks of it ... the first version is still beta

And yes, there are some possibilities with DAC.

However, all ideas are not moved yet.

This needs to all a lot of times.

Time see like all that becomes smile_o.gif

bye

silola

Since I am one of those lucky few that have the pleasure and honor to test the first beta of DAC, I would like to give a first impression of the engine.

Along with the DAC script folder comes a excellent made Readme (in german, but translation is in the works) and 11 editor demostrations.

Being curious as I am I started looking at the editor demonstrations first. tounge2.gif

Silola did a very good job of making demonstrations for different aspects of the engine. The first 9 demos show the possibilities of the engine, and demo 10 and 11 puts the engine to use in play missions.

I started with the number 11 right away, since I wanted to see something of the action that Silola described here on the forums, and I shouldnt be dissapointed.

The objective in mission 11 is to take three towns one after another, once a town is taken new spawn points are earned for the own side, allowing more reinforments being spawned.

The mission seemed easy looking at the simple zones that are placed in the editor, but I should learn better soon. Once started the engine needs time to initialize itself, this takes less than a minute on my pc (3gHz P4).

At first the zones are meassured then the way points are generated, and then the units are spawned, only to be reduced to the group leader again, once the groups are far away from the player (Vehicles cant be reduced, reducing distance can be defined).

Since the "mission" is a demonstration, Silola worked in icons to show the location of friendlies and enemies. Its quite fun to withness in the map view how the units make their way to their waypoints. In the mission itself, those icons prove to be quite deadly. I never witnessed such a life battlefield in OFP. There is movement everywhere, and if the map view isnt used, then life expectency in the mission becomes very slim.

Even taking the first town proves to be much harder than anticipated, since the units interact to each other. Radiomessages for both sides comment their reactions to the battlefield situation (this of course is also for demonstration purpose, in mission the radio chatter for the own side can be kept). The great thing in this mission is that the war wages without the player, there is alot of shooting going on all over the place, which creates alot of immersion, even if the player decides to hide himself under a flat rock.

For a first impression I can say that the DAC has enormous possibilities. Its very much fun, and addictive to roam around in such a life enviroment.

My judgement on the engine so far is 10/10 thumbs-up.gif

@honchoblack

You're a spoiler!!!!! band.gif

tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

About what you've reported: wow_o.gifnotworthy.gif

yay.gif

Klavan

Very, very impressive. DAC is definitely going to be the next big thing. So many possibilities.

Silola, you are a genius

I totally agree in every ways.

Silola you are a genious ! icon14.gif

This is definitively throwing OFP to the next level !

And !

BIS do NOT hire this Guy !

We need him an MAPFACT

And Honcho i am waiting for the Release since i have an

preAlpha from our Mapfact Workshop ...

If anyone means that we have played there ...

SURE he is right ! at the last Night we start a Session for about 15 Minutes LoooooL the Rest was information transfer puur.

As you see i made "some" of the Soldier Configs  wink_o.gif

Sounds awesome, thanks for the review honchoblack!

Silola many thanks for creating this for the ofp community, it has the potential to change the way missions in ofp are done!.

Thanks for your time

Peace.