Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Everon Defence Force soldiers

@The shadow. None of the island look like they have 30000 people on them together. Everon looks like it can hold around 2000

@The shadow. None of the island look like they have 30000 people on them together. Everon looks like it can hold around 2000

naaah wink_o.gif

yeah, maybe you´re right... so skip the planes, helicopters, and MBT´s....

and let them have 200men in the army...

that is only good for guard duty wink_o.gif

what about few UR's in different versions, 4 UH's, 4 tanks, few jeep's, maybe some motorcycle's ? 1000 men in active duty and 2000 reserves and militia.

no matter what we will say, addonsmaking, mking EDF, will not be like making 20000 different soldier models ;-)

so when it comes to equipment, lets not talk about how many but wich ones ;-)

Hey, y'all-my .02

I think the huey is a great idea. F-16's may be in order as well. I would use the leopard as the MBT and the m-113 as the primary APC. The modified civvie jeep would be my choice, w/out the lifting.

-Breaker Out

Little advanced for Everon to have F16's floating around. They're not that cheap, if I remember. I doubt Everon has the money even for T60's and up, even a few T34's or T55's would probobly be breaking the budgets back.

I see the EDF as something of a token army. What i mean by that is they wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell against any type of invasion. I would think a company of spetznaz could invade everon without too much fuss. EDF wouldn't have MBTs as they would be destroyed within the first minutes of any invasion along with any aircraft they had. To put it another way they would be an internal guard force to subdue any attempts at a cou, as the area that everon is situated in would still have communist sympathisers. If there was a threat albeit minor NATO would have men stationed there so it would make the EDF obsolete. Kind of a cold war situation but on a smaller scale. Just my two cents... whistle.gif

Everon is a small island, I belive the Everon army would be like CIPRUS army before 1970.

I Can belive we can use any of this models.

APC: M3 halftrack (Invasion44), or M113 (are too models), btr 152 (Vilas is good), EE-11 (gulf war mod), and btr60.

armored car: v-150 (vilas), M20 (anyone have one), M8 (waiting one), Bdrm2 or ba64 (flashpoint.ru had one).

Armor: EE-9(please some one finish the model of Gulf war mod), AMl-90 (Malvinas mod),M24, Pt76, t-34/85, T55, Centurion (And if anyone made a chinesse light tank type 60, type 62, type63/1).

Air: aloutte III (colonial war mod), Gazelle gunship (Malvinas mod), Huey and the Mil 8.

fixed wing: Hawker Hunter (footmunch), B-57 (Footmunch), Dc3(martin), C-130, and the Pucara (I love this plane).

Very nice soldiers.

But why standard weapons? confused_o.gif

But why standard weapons? confused_o.gif

Because the weapons still need to be made whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]What i mean by that is they wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell against any type of invasion. I would think a company of spetznaz could invade everon without too much fuss

Well no kidding...but you should still have something.

Besides, you'd probably have U.S or international help of some kind in the area considering its been invaded before. South Korea would be a good example.

what about few UR's in different versions, 4 UH's, 4 tanks, few jeep's, maybe some motorcycle's ? 1000 men in active duty and 2000 reserves and militia.

no matter what we will say, addonsmaking, mking EDF, will not be like making 20000 different soldier models ;-)

so when it comes to equipment, lets not talk about how many but wich ones ;-)

Sounds good. Perhaps some artillery (105mm guns) or only mortars? And some small patrolboats to guard the coasts?

Would be nice to have a static AT-weapon too... wink_o.gif

Is the EDF team looking for any help?

You've got PM wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Because the weapons still need to be made whistle.gif

Well, You will create new weapons for this addon?

Quote[/b] ]Because the weapons still need to be made whistle.gif

Well, You will create new weapons for this addon?

no, we will wait for them to come with next rain tounge2.gif

It would be awesome if you could use SFP's AK4, and perhaps their K-pist M/45 aswell? I think they would fit your soldiers very well smile_o.gif

kpist45_4.gif

Ak41.jpg

lets all not forget that they have found oil in the ground on nogova, and also they have done research and started mining the mountains for gold and other rare metals!  confused_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

It would be awesome if you could use SFP's AK4, and perhaps their K-pist M/45 aswell? I think they would fit your soldiers very well smile_o.gif

http://hem.passagen.se/pgroen/kpist45_4.gif

http://www.vmohvbat.com/SoldFbilder/Ak41.jpg

We have already chosen the SIG 540 series wink_o.gif

edfweap3xg.jpg

Model is still WIP as you can see smile_o.gif

EDIT:

Can a mod move this topic to AM:D please smile_o.gif

i would have said the resistance ones would be ok? the CZ225 (or whatever it was) and the Tokarev seem ample (and beretta's too)... no point reinventing the wheel on this one? they could always make another M4 rofl.gif

Good stuff thumbs-up.gif

What about a sidearm?

Probably the BIS beretta wink_o.gif

Firearms-wise you can also expect a locally produced Sten Gun.

SIG is slowly getting textures:

sigtex9sm.jpg

First time I texture a firearm so don't be harsh whistle.gif

Great addon!!

Personally I wouldnt mind seeing these guys with the BIS CZ-75.

And maybe silenced sten guns for the spec ops guys? I know the Malvinas mod has some really great ones. I think the MG from the CSLA mod would be a nice replacement of the standard BIS M-60.

Just my 2 cents.

Forgive me if this has already been adressed, but what types of AT weapons will the updated pack have? RPG's? Laws?

Will there also be a Jam-version of the weapons? Would be "only" a config change, wouldn't it? crazy_o.gif

Looks great by the way! smile_o.gif

Great addon!!

Personally I wouldnt mind seeing these guys with the BIS CZ-75.

And maybe silenced sten guns for the spec ops guys? I know the Malvinas mod has some really great ones. I think the MG from the CSLA mod would be a nice replacement of the standard BIS M-60.

Just my 2 cents.

Forgive me if this has already been adressed, but what types of AT weapons will the updated pack have? RPG's? Laws?

they would be stirling MGs wink_o.gif