Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

I know from many secondhand sources that many soldiers who have used ASSAULT RIFLES load tracer rounds near the END of their magazine, so that they have a visual warning that they need to change their magazine soon.

Thats an SAS trick, they load a tracer into the 2nd last place so they now that they'll no they only have one bullet left (SAS always fire rifle/smgs in semi auto). I'd seriously doubt that the regular Russian/American/Guerilla troops would have the luxury/expertise to do that.

I believe that the loading of only 29 rounds is due to the fact that they want to help prevent rounds from jamming, but if I'm not mistaken this is only done for the M16 "family," which may or may not include M4s and the like.

As far as I know, other assault rifles DO have their magazines loaded up fully so that they hold 30 rounds.

Kyle

smile_o.gif

This is another SpecOps trick; if a fully-loaded magazine isn't fired regularily it will gradually begin to loose its 'springyness' (this is with most guns, not just the M16). This is necessary for SpecOps because they could go for days without firing any rounds, but for regular troops, it is not necessary.

I believe this jamming issue has to do with the straight 20 round magazines on the m16a1. Straight magazines don't work well for high numbers of some rifle loads (notably the 7.62 x 39 and 5.56 x 45). In vietnam, GI's learned that loading more than 18 rounds into their 20 round magazines may result in magazine jams and loading failures. This problem was solved with the introduction of the 30 round banana magazines, which can be loaded with their full compliment without mishap.

looky what I foundyyyy

japan vs china!!!

FFUR_asia_1024_t1.JPG

FFUR_asia_1024_t2.JPG

---

FFUR_asia_8.JPG

FFUR_asia_7.JPG

FFUR_asia_27.JPG

FFUR_asia_22.JPG

I should start calling myself the leek. rofl.gif

EDIT: i had a feeling it was going to use VME addons after tbird posted the VME mod thread

Japan v. China? Now that was one guess I didn't make, but it would certainly make for a VERY interesting experience!

ch_123,

I had no idea that the SAS used the 29 count magazines and that they strategically place their tracers to warn them visually that they're low on rounds. My sources were from American soldiers who experienced combat, and they weren't in special forces.

Odds are these kinds of "weapon prepping strategies" are shared and used by all kinds of different militaries and across unit designations.

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Japan v. China?  Now that was one guess I didn't make, but it would certainly make for a VERY interesting experience!

ch_123,

I had no idea that the SAS used the 29 count magazines and that they strategically place their tracers to warn them visually that they're low on rounds.  My sources were from American soldiers who experienced combat, and they weren't in special forces.  

Odds are these kinds of "weapon prepping strategies" are shared and used by all kinds of different militaries and across unit designations.  

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Wow an asian theatre sounds great will the US also be involved (just saying becuase they always are and since a carrier battle group is based in japen, along with marine MEUs and 2id in Korea)

About trace rounds I was taught to load the second last round i.e. the 2nd round i put into a mag with a tracer round even though my army uses see through mags and all my mags are always loaded with the full 30 bullets. I am pretty sure armies around the world (at least western ones) have their second last bullet tracer rounds its good practice becuase in reality we dont have a little tab on the top corner of our eye telling us how many bullets we have left

Ahaa I guessed right! yay.gif

This is great, at last the two addon packs are balanced in one mod notworthy.gif

cool shame i cant see the pics

edit - not much of a suprise now is it

i wanted to find out when it was released

May I kill you or ? : p

bah...

Well found in any way.

Ok mates , due to some "reasons" *cough cough* , I have to tell you a bit more about this conversion pack which is UNIQUE.

In fact as said misters CHIPPER & ESFD... this pack would oppose Modern Japanese and Chinese armies , the resistance would be represented by a mixture of people coming from Europe 'grandsons of the colonists' and from Asia , (a bit like in South-Africa) though.

so after 1 months of hard secret work 10 hours a day, we replaced the US and the soviet units by modern gear and vehicles from both countries. this total conversion pack uses high quality addons done by BOH and VME mods, we have also enhanced a lot of the addons - incorporated FFUR effects, made a new custom theme,replaced faces by typical Asian people,introduced Typical asian songs, and carried out a lot of enhancements that you can discover by yourself in game... This is unique, as this is the first total conversion pack which fully replaces US and Russian/Soviet units.

wink_o.gif

This is my favorite pack so far, done from heart,though, We really hope you will enjoy it.

And here are the first public FFUR ASIAN CRISIS Screenshots :

Thanks to Parvus for'em

ffurasia271jl.jpg

ffurasia309jl.jpg

ffurasia220br.jpg

ffurasia253io.jpg

ffurasia86vz.jpg

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

WAHOOO atleast i get to see some pics

bloody awesome work there

just one question wich side is replaced by who ?

is the US replaced by the japs or the chinese ?

anyway when i first thought of the idea i thought it wasnt going to be as good but those pics have changed my mind cant wait to play the 2005 and Suprise well the Asian crisis

ha ha that sounds kind of weird  rofl.gif  who cares it looks cool cant wait

edit - in the top pic is that Mg from the tank firing or is it a coincidence that it looks like smokes coming from the Mg's barrel ?

Ok , now following the fact you know about the surprise pack , here are more informations about it :

Quote[/b] ]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Realism Enhancements:

* AI hears and sees better to varying degrees, Specops and Snipers have higher settings.

* AI intelligently uses 3 firing modes: Single Shot from 500 meters, Burst Fire from 300 meters and Full Auto mode from 100 meters.

* AI is more aggressive and more tactically aware.

* AI understands when to press home a tactical advantage, and when to pull back.

* AI sometimes panics.

* Realistic Ironsights for all firearms.

* Realistic flares for jetfighters.

* Realistic Tracers based on NATO data.

* Realistic Recoils based on Real-Life experience of the actual weapons provided by experienced military personnel.

* Realistic Bullet values based on actual Asian military information.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Gameplay and Interface Improvements

* New custom GUI for the main screen.

* New Mission editor interface.

* New Briefing book.

* New Computer.

* New realistic sounds for all weapons , vehicles, aircrafts and explosions.

* New Music based on patriotic music samples and war movie samples - several songs from Asia.

* New Animations based on DMA NexGen anim pack.

* Standing and Crouching lean actions implemented, together with rolling while prone.

* BIS quotes which appear at the death of soldiers replaced by more interesting ones.

* New Pictures for all weapons.

* New Information available for all weapons based on FAS.org data.

* New Compass.

* New Radio.

* New Map design.

General Improvements

* All addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties.

* Only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for this pack

Model Changes FFUR Asian Crisis Pack

. JAPANESE SIDE

. US Soldiers -> BOH Japanese Soldiers

. US Blackops -> BOH Special Forces

. US pilots -> LSR Retextured Japanese Pilots

. M16 -> BOH Type89

. *1 - M16M203 -> FFUR/BOH Type89M203

. M60 -> BOH M249

. M21 -> BOH Type64

. Law -> 84RRT HEAT

. Carl Gustav -> TYPE01 LMAT

. Beretta -> BOH 9mm (P220)

. Satchel -> C4

. M113 -> BOH Type73 APC

. M1A1 -> BOH Type90 MBT

. M60A1 -> BOH Type74 MBT

. M2A2 -> BOH Type89 IFV

. M163 -> BOH Type87 AW

. M998 -> BOH Type73 Jeep M249

. Trucks 5T Support/Fuel/ammunitions -> BOH Support Trucks

. Trucks 5T Transport soldiers -> BOH Transport Soldier Truck

. M113 Ambulance -> BOH Type73 Ambul

. boat -> FFUR Japanese Boat

. Jeep -> BOH Type73 Jeep

. JeepMG -> BOH type73 Jeep MG

. Ah-1 -> BOH AH-1S

. CH-47 -> BOH CH-47J

. Ah-64 -> BOH AH-64

. OH-58 -> BOH OH-1

. UH-60 (ffar) -> CSLA/BOH retextured UH-60 FFAR

. UH-60 (ffar) -> BOH UH-1H MG

. A-10 -> F-2 MK82

. A-10LGB -> F-2 CBU87

. CHINESE SIDE

. Ru Soldiers -> VME PLA Soldiers

. Ru Spetznatz -> VME PLA Special Forces

. Ru Pilots -> VME PLA Pilots

. Ak74 -> VME QBZ95

. AK74GP15 -> VME QBZ95Type91

. Ak74su -> VME QBZ95 Aimpoint

. PK -> VME QBB95

. SVD -> VME QBU88

. RPG -> VME PF89 HEAT

. Tokarev -> QBZ92 9mm

. Satchel -> C4

. BMP-1 -> VME ZSD89I

. BMP-2 -> VME ZSD89II

. T-72 -> VME ZTZ88B

. T-80 -> VME ZTZ99

. Shilka -> VME PGZ95

. BRDM -> VME PARA Jeep 82

. Ural Transport soldiers -> VME Transport soldiers truck

. UAZ -> VME BJ2102

. Support Urals -> Spetznatz Mod Support Urals (Repair , ammo and fuel)

. BMP Ambulance -> VME WZ752

. boat -> FFUR Chinese Boat

. Mi-17 -> VME Mi-17I

. *2- Mi-24 -> CSLA/VME Mi-24I

. V-80 -> VME WZ10

. Su-25 -> VME Q5II

. RESISTANCE SIDE

. Re Soldiers -> Williec Resistance soldiers

. AK47 -> VME QBZ81.

. FAL -> BOH Type64

. AK47GP15 -> RHS AKMGP25

. BMP-1 -> CSLA Camo BMP-1

. T-72 -> RHS/FFUR T-72

. T-80 -> RHS/FFUR T-80

. Uaz -> CSLA Gaz-169

. Truck -> CSLA FIA Truck

. CIVILIAN SIDE

. Civilians -> Mig/Edge Civilian Men

. Cars -> Vilas/Sigma Cars

*1 - We added a M203 to the Type89 to avoid breaking BIS campaigns and missions.

*2 - The chinese army doesn't have officialy Hinds but we had to replace BIS Mi-24 by a retextured chinese camo one in the goal to avoid breaking BIS missions and campaigns.

You'll watch very soon a trailer done especially for this pack.

wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

even more WAHOO

Quote[/b] ] * AI intelligently uses 3 firing modes: Single Shot from 500 meters, Burst Fire from 300 meters and Full Auto mode from 100 meters.

just one thing there full auto if Ai dot have full auto option do they just fire in Burst like mad or do they just act like the enemy are 300 metres away ?

If the AI carries a weapon with only 2 modes , "Single and Full Auto" , it will open fire shot after shot until the ennemy will reach 100 meters then the AI will use the Full Auto Mod.

Quote[/b] ] in the top pic is that Mg from the tank firing or is it a coincidence that it looks like smokes coming from the Mg's barrel ?

Yeah , it's the MG's smoke.

more pics of the upcoming FFUR Asian Crisis pack (ex surprise pack .;) )

ffurasia49xs.jpg

ffurasia260bv.jpg

ffurasia204fg.jpg

ffurasia74ft.jpg

ffurasia314ds.jpg

Cheers to parvus for these pics

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

looking very cool

is there any way of turning on craters for all vechiles for those who want craters on tanks aswell as helicopters instead of just choppers ?

either way im not bothered but i would prefer the craters on everything

looking good smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]is there any way of turning on craters for all vechiles for those who want craters on tanks aswell as helicopters instead of just choppers ?

will do it in the extra config pack after the release.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>First Page Updated</span>.

Stay tuned.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

cool pics of Asian crisis it looks good and i cant wait for the release it cant e too long now can it ?

Asian stuff looks quite fantastic!

From now on, I want to play with asian stuff instead of original cliche. I guess many people really get bored of the current sides. This asian pack can turn the tide. Hey maybe we can make some Turkish-Asian oriented missions and/or campaign. Just a concept...

Thank you Thunderbird!

You and your teammates are real Ofp professors. thumbs-up.gif

Asian crisis looks great!

Just what i've wanted since i downloaded BOH and VME.

Can't wait smile_o.gif

Yay! Go Japan! Go Japan!!

It's great to see 3 excellent mods (BOH, VME and FFUR) come together to make what hopes to be an amazing collabiration!

Wheeee can't wait

Oh, I find that guy stalking the Russian Hammer and Sickle in the forest sooo funny for some reason rofl.gif

how about in the new packs geting rid of the lower goggles option for the black ops its not really needed and may cause that tiny tiny bit more lag and it clutters up the action menu and when in a mission with an alreay cluttered up action menu itdoesnt help much

Hi mates !

I just noticed that these blackops aren't really suited to 85, they seem really modern , we can't use them even if they're so beautiful...

Btw concerning the NVG , honestly I prefer to keep "1" night vision which can perfectly fit with the wanted era;

it's very close to this

Quote[/b] ]NV screen with statics and sharp edge shadow

plus it's too late mate, all packs are totally finished, we still have to do the installers, so stay tuned

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

hmmm banghead.gif

Hello,

Just a question : how the surrender are handle, cause i've some pb with, example in OFP Main Campaign - Mission Hold Malden, all the squad surrender and so me too, but when the mission objectif change to flee i take my weapon on ground and flee and go to the end mission trigger and nothing happend so i think the trigger seek the Team leader but as it's surrender why not change the team leader to a man who are not surrender or me, in fact i'm totaly lost with this surrender.

Thx In Advance smile_o.gif

NB : I Know you have put in BIN a Config.BIN without Surrender but i love Ennmie surrender is more realisitic but i have really pb with it for ending mission