Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

okay, the m16 sights are wrong, i dont know how i didnt notice, but the front site is way, way, way tooo big, i just looked through mine & its a lot smaller than that. remember, it's several inches back! also, i appreciate you trying to make them look metallic, but it really just looks like someone bought some silver spray paint at walmart & doused the chopper with it? the front sight post isn't nearly as thick either. and on manfred, i'm pretty sure he won't be releasing that shika for awhile. he's can only connect to the internet through his cell phone, as he's out in the boonies in russia. he'll sell you a CD with the model & textures if you pick it up in person though smile_o.gif (truth) I wouldn't expect the shika.

Quote[/b] ] he'll sell you a CD with the model & textures if you pick it up in person though smile_o.gif (truth) I wouldn't expect the shika.

Yeah , I know , pappy told me about it but I think it's best to still keep hope , do you know its price ? everybody would take part in grabing that shilka for the community : D (jk)

Quote[/b] ]but it really just looks like someone bought some silver spray paint at walmart & doused the chopper with it

Real life 1

Real life 2

Real life 3

Real life 4

dunno if it's due to my eyes , but I see a bunch of reflects on this chopper , we try to do the same in OFP even if it isn't so easy to have the same thing from real life, we can't achieve perfection though.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Sniper's ironsights update :

They are based on realistic and authentic ironsights , big thanks to Benus.

you'll appreciate again the sniping's art , now you'll see how hard is "sniping" wink_o.gif

SVD

svdsniper0im.jpg

M24

m24sniper6ol.jpg

Best regards

Thunderbird84

do you know what would be really cool?

adding grass on the included maps ala uwar grass mod. that would just be one of those finishing touches that really finishes off a pack.

oh, and fantatsic. really looking forward to release.

edit - i'd like to ask - can this work along with ecp or not?

Wow everything is looking great i love the looks of those M16 sights

and the snipers sights thats got to be hard but since the way i snipe in game i should adjust to it i hope  biggrin_o.gif

anyway looking good cant wait

EDIT - i just thought how good this would be with ECP's Ai Shouting so i was wondering how would i go about implementing that when the packs come out ?

Sniper's ironsights update :

Thunderbird84 is possible to make standart inside view ( only inside) in cars and planes/heli  more realistic - more far

eg:

standart

CARview1.jpg

|

V

? new more realistic

CARview2.jpg

Best regards

SILESIAN

Cool idea Silesian  smile_o.gif

I know how to: Put something heavy on the key for Zoom out  rofl.gif  wink_o.gif

I often used this way SgtEversman, but it;s hardware - I'll prefer software solutions for this problem  wink_o.gif

@thunderbird ...

you forgot to make the SNIPER SCreensshots a bit brighter !

so everyone who wants to see how they really look ingame ... adjust your brightnes of the monitor a little .... so something appears arround the scope smile_o.gif

benus

First of all is that the scope you see around the sight picture crazy_o.gif and then its black around it crazy_o.gif that dosen't look realistic to me its should just be black no blured scope or what evere it is.

After having tryed somthing simular with that eastern front mod(forgot its name) I am not a big fan of making scopes this way mainly because the reticle is much harder to use because it disaperes in the pixels I normaly run 1024x768 cause higher causes lag and you would need a very high screen resolution to make it look realistic and a hugh texture which can cause lag too.

If you have tryed my M4 addon you would notice how hard my ACOG reticle is to use because it is so smalle which I made it becasue it should be somewhat realistic so I thort how do i make my reticle both realistic(usable like a real one) and usable ingame and preferable as little resource demanding as posible.

Now i havn't redone my scope yet but i am going to and the way i am gonna doit is this I am gonna find out what the field of view at 100 meters for a ACOG is then I am gonna increase the zoom value so that when I look through my acog(using the old BIS scope boarders(the black around the reticle)) It will have the excat same field of view as a real acog would have it would just blown up the full screen so now it will be much easier to use the reticle the things I will see would be mucher sharper(not so pixelated and have higher LOD's) and I will not realy gain an advantage over the real thing. This is the way I will do my scopes and the way I propose you (ffur/benus) to do yours.

I consider it a much better way of doing it in this game to make it usable for everybody. Also When i use scope/binoculars i dont realy notice the black so much its mostly the picture I focus on.

Here is how I am gonna make sure that my scope has the correct field of view i am gonna make a box(in o2) which has excatly the lenth of the FOW put it in Flashpoint 100 meters away from me and then I am gonna go in and out of the game altering the config till it is "zeroed" right.

STGN

do you know what would be really cool?

adding grass on the included maps ala uwar grass mod. that would just be one of those finishing touches that really finishes off a pack.

oh, and fantatsic. really looking forward to release.

edit - i'd like to ask - can this work along with ecp or not?

What computer do you have?

Must be a monster...

Well the huge black part we've added around the scope has as objective to remove the transparent "zoom*X" which occurs while aiming with sniper riffles , Unfortunately we can't make it transparent because it will break the realism , and we can't add a "font Texture" too.

However even if it's hard to use sniper riffles now , I think we've done a small step in realism's way , after checking several scopes in my city's arms manufacture , it's so far close to what Benus has carried out.

I think Sniping would be a real art with these ironsights wink_o.gif

In any way thanks STGN for the suggestions.

Hey buddies , I don't think we'll incorporate the grass , at first because it occurs a huge lag on comps lower than 2ghz , plus it appears everywhere , even in houses and over the roads.

it won't work correctly as script incoporated in the cpp's EH but it would perfectly work as trigger in missions.

Yep Silesian , we'll make a try wink_o.gif

Best Regards

thunderbird84

Stop to ask for that ! It was asked about 5 times already ! It will occur extrem lags in missions ! STOP TO ASK THAT QUESTION !

The internal view look more realistic with that fov it's great...

The snipe sight is exellent !

We've done some changes to the ironsights , (Blurr effect,enhancements...) etc

m169nv.jpg

m46sx.jpg

asval0lf.jpg

ak74m5qy.jpg

Big thanks to Benus , I hope you will like them now smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

the M4a1 seems the ring is too blured it shuld be like the M16 ring

and the last 2 dont seem to be blurred enough but they look great

Quote[/b] ]are you planning to do new sight for all weapons ? It would be great

Yes , for all weapons there would be new ironsights.

Thanks for that info-link Chipper, I'll check it carefully in the goal to find a way to make some nice changes

smile_o.gif

Well after discussing with an (Ex US military) , we'll definately still keep using the ch-47 though

MH-47 -> Special Forces

MH-53 -> US Marines

CH-47 -> US Army

Quote[/b] ]The US Army's primary heavy lift helicopter is still the CH-47 Chinook. The CH-53 is primarily used by the US Marine Corp and the US Navy with the MH-53 Pave Low III being used by the US Airforce. Its the Airforce MH-53 that the US Army normally uses for long range insertion missions or extractions.

-But the US Army doesn't fly the CH-53 themselves. They use the CH-47 and MH-47...

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

SUGGESTIONS/QUESTIONS ABOUT THE "CURRENT" BUILD OF FFUR

(I.) Is there any chance that the number of weapons made available to the player can be dramatically INCREASED for each and every campaign/single player mission? Something along the lines of what King Nothing did for his superb Revolt 1998 Tonal Isle campaign? He made it so that ALL of the weapons were made available for selection in nearly every mission, and he allowed enough copies of each weapon so that every soldier in the player's squad could also be outfitted in the same fashion as the player.

(II.) I also deeply appreciated how King Nothing also supplied "A.I. friendly" version of firearms that fire off a ton of rounds in a very short timespan, weapons such as the SAW and M60. The A.I. friendly versions use the ammo much more wisely.

(III.) Enabling access to such a broad range of weapons would allow the player to fine tune how he wants to play OFP, and I feel that this would be a HUGE selling point.

(IV.) Also, is there any possibility of giving access to weapons not normally seen in the U.S. military's arsenal? It'd be interesting to see how battles could be affected by such selections.

(V.) Are you now planning on integrating any parts of the SJB Weapons Pack, or additional work from Laser?

(VI.) I realize that the game wasn't really designed for close quarters combat, BUT is there any way to make the A.I. respond more smartly when operating around/inside structures?

(VII.) I'm looking for a little clarity regarding how ballistics are calculated in regards to PENETRATING substances. Is this a feature that is/will be created for the FFUR version of OFP?

SUGGESTIONS/QUESTIONS FOR "MODERN" VERSION OF FFUR

(1) Perhaps player downloading/installation confusion can be reduced between the different versions of FFUR by simply and clearly calling them by their eras. For example, FFUR 1985 Era, FFUR 2005+ Era, etc., etc.

(2) Perhaps the time frame for the 2005+ era should cover equipment/vehicles that is known to be very likely to be used within the next 5-10 years, thus covering the years 2005-2015. I'm not advocating the use of "science fiction" type stuff here, but rather using equipment that DOES or will SOON exist that'll be available for use. This "near future" list of gear/vehicles could then be used in regards to swapping out the 1985 era gear for the modern ones.

(3) Is there any way to code the A.I. so that it uses suppressing fire more wisely? Too often it stops shooting at targets who are pinned down and/or is taking cover behind a tree/wall/fence/etc. They should KEEP firing periodically at the LAST KNOWN location for the now-unseen target just to keep the target pinned and/or to encourage the target to seek an alternate path.

(4) As I suggested for v. 5.0+ of the current build of FFUR, if there is ANY way to GREATLY expand the range/availabilty of weapons/gear to the player for the campaign/single player missions PLEASE do so.

Thanks for your time and consideration! Keep up the hard work, it is deeply appreciated!

Yours!

Kyle

smile_o.gif

well firstly your first suggestion will interupt with the original campaigns since BIS did not want you to have custom weapons on most of the missions until you become a leader

so i would say thats not a great idea

your forth suggestion if i understand correctly would interupt with realism since if the weapons not in the US army then theres no point putting it in

i think many weapons from the SJB pack are being used

i wish there was some CQC script like in the VME pack but i dont think theres a script wich makes AI better in buldings

but script wich make AI give supressing fire and other cool things like in the VME pack would be nice

your suggestion about using vechile wich will be used is a bit weird since this is FFUR 2005 if the vechile is not being used currently it will not be used in the pack if im right to say

the suppressing fire script is possible but then you will have to have the AI to react to the cover fire instead of standing up and dying but it is very possible

and thats pretty much it if any of the things i said was wrong please correct me someone from the FFUR team

some are good ideas but they would conflict with realism, and the era like ive said but i do wish there will be a ton of AI scripts like in the VME but no artillery that will confilct with many missions

Stop to ask for that ! It was asked about 5 times already ! It will occur extrem lags in missions ! STOP TO ASK THAT QUESTION !

Hmm, haven't been watching this thread... I actually have unreleased grass objects that can be used as forrest objects, which of course are much less dense and do not lag.

If someone is willing to place the forrest grass objects on the islands that are released with this mod, they could contact me and get some objects to work with, and I could spend a little time improving them while they do the island work. But it is a lot of work to add grass to a map in all the appropriate places, I wouldn't have much time for that now, and I doubt that anyone else wants to delay FFUR anymore right?

Hi all,

Well Kyle_K_ski;

Quote[/b] ]

(I.) Is there any chance that the number of weapons made available to the player can be dramatically INCREASED for each and every campaign/single player mission? Something along the lines of what King Nothing did for his superb Revolt 1998 Tonal Isle campaign? He made it so that ALL of the weapons were made available for selection in nearly every mission, and he allowed enough copies of each weapon so that every soldier in the player's squad could also be outfitted in the same fashion as the player.

Also, is there any possibility of giving access to weapons not normally seen in the U.S. military's arsenal? It'd be interesting to see how battles could be affected by such selections.

FFUR Gear's based on real life equipement used by both armies from each era ; we can't add more extra weapons , it would be useless and will break a bit the realism even if it should be funny; plus we do our best to avoid the use of "useless scripts" which can decrease the fps in game ,one should not forget that there are a lot of people who have comps lower than 2.5 ghz.

Quote[/b] ]Are you now planning on integrating any parts of the SJB Weapons Pack, or additional work from Laser?

Well , as 456820 said , we do use a bunch of weapons done by these both great addons makers.

Quote[/b] ]I realize that the game wasn't really designed for close quarters combat, BUT is there any way to make the A.I. respond more smartly when operating around/inside structures?

This is due of OFP's engine limitation , there are several scripts which have as objective to allow to AI walking/runing correctly around and inside structures but they do use a lot the command "near" which occurs a lot of lag in game , and especially when there a bunch of units using it at the same time, if you check carefully this thread , you'll notice that we do our best to avoid the use of "scripting ways" in the goal to reduce at best as possible the lag for low comps , we mainly focuse on important scripts which can also enhance the gameplay like (Explosion effects , etc)

Quote[/b] ] I'm looking for a little clarity regarding how ballistics are calculated in regards to PENETRATING substances. Is this a feature that is/will be created for the FFUR version of OFP?

FFUR is based on WGL values (Armor,Penetrating values,bullets speed and power) , we try to make a balance between realism and gameplay because as I said more than once ,

Extrem Realism -> kills the gameplay and definately breaks BIS campaigns.

Focusing only on gameplay -> totally kills the realism and makes ofp like Doom or CS games.

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps player downloading/installation confusion can be reduced between the different versions of FFUR by simply and clearly calling them by their eras. For example, FFUR 1985 Era, FFUR 2005+ Era, etc., etc.

We expect to do that , so here are the new name's folders :

FFUR 1985 woodland -> ffur1985

FFUR 1985 winter -> ffur1985w

FFUR 1985 desert -> ffur1985d

FFUR 2005 -> ffur2005

FFUR (surprise) -> ffur(surprise)

II

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps the time frame for the 2005+ era should cover equipment/vehicles that is known to be very likely to be used within the next 5-10 years, thus covering the years 2005-2015.

Yeah , but it is very hard to find suitable addons to replace BIS ones without breaking the gameplay , ex :

Several people asked to replace the A-10 by the super Hornet or the F-16 , unfortunately both of these jet fighters don't have the same " Ground Strike" power than the A-10 , so it may break a bunch of BIS missions , for this point , I think we made a nice and authentic list of changes , have a look :

Quote[/b] ]!-!-!-!-!-!->>> 2005 <<<-!-!-!-!-!-!-

Model Changes :

US Soldiers -> Hyk Modern Soldiers (US army) ,

US Blackops -> Bambi Blackops

US pilots -> LSR Army Pilots

M16 -> SJB M16A4

M16M203 -> SJB M16A4M203

M60 -> BOH M249

M21 -> SJB Woodland M24

Law -> Laser AT4 (M136 -> US Version)

Carl Gustav -> Earl & Such Javelin

Beretta -> SJB Beretta

Glock 17 -> SJB Glock 18

hk -> Wipman M4sd ACOG

Satchel -> C4

Mines -> Spetznatz Mod US Mines

Handgrenade -> US M67

M113 -> CBT M113A3

M1A1 -> HEP M1A2

M60A1 -> Sigma M60A3

M2A2 -> CBT M2A2A3

M163 -> INQ M163

M998 -> CBT M1098

Trucks 5T Support/Fuel/ammunitions -> CBT Hemmts

Trucks 5T Transport soldiers -> [iEF] Mp 5T Trucks

Jeep -> Hmmwv Open

JeepMG -> Hmmwv Open with M2

Ah-1 -> Vit AH-1w

Ah-64 -> Hfk AH-64D

UH-60 (mg/ffar) -> CSLA UH-60 (s)

A-10 -> Diesel A-10

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ru Soldiers -> RHS Russian Motorized Infantry

Ru Spetznatz -> RHS GRU Spetznatz Units

Ru Pilots -> OW Russian pilots

Ak74 -> RHS AK74M

AK74GP15 -> RHS AK74GP25

Ak74su -> ORCS AK-74u

-> (Added AKS74B PSO-1 for Spetznatz units.)

PK -> CSLA PK

SVD -> CSLA PK

RPG -> ORCS RPG-7V

AT-4 -> ORCS RPG-22

Makarov -> OW APS

Bizon -> ORCS As Val

Satchel -> C4

Mines -> Spetznatz Mod Russian mines

Handgrenade -> Ru F1

BMP-1 -> CSLA BMP-2

BMP-2 -> Vit BMP-3

T-72 -> ORCS T-72BV

T-80 -> ORCS T-80UM

Ural Transport soldiers -> Spetznatz Mod Ural

UAZ -> CSLA UAZ

Support Urals -> Spetznatz Mod Support Urals (Repair , ammo and fuel)

Mi-17 -> CSLA Mi-17

Mi-24 -> CSLA Mi-24

V-80 -> DKM Mi-28N

Su-25 -> TomiD Su-39

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re Soldiers -> Edge Resistance soldiers

AK47 -> RHS AKM

AK47GP15 -> RHS AKMGP25

PK -> ORCS PK

RPG -> ORCS RPG-7

BMP-1 -> CSLA Camo BMP-1

Uaz -> CSLA Gaz-169

Truck -> CSLA FIA Truck

Civilians -> Mig/Edge Civilian Men

Cars -> Vilas/Sigma Cars

Quote[/b] ]Effects Enhancements and Changes :

Tank Effects

o A Tank’s machine guns now use very realistic tracers which help to improve the gameplay through making missions more immersive. Each side has its own NATO colour.

o The new tank explosion has debris, bellowing smoke, flames, and for heavy tanks. Our tests show that we can blow up thirty tanks at once and still incur no lag whatsoever.

o Tank shells have yellow/white flashes when being fired like in real life.

o APCs (Armoured Personnel Carriers) have their own seperate explosion scripts: a special splash effect if it’s in water, and a “traditional†explosion effect if it’s on land.

o Anti-Air units such as the Shilka and Vulcan fire exploding bullets like in real life. The explosion occurs between 1km and 2km above sea level.

o Realistic smoke for machine guns after periods of prolonged fire.

Vehicle Effects

o Fuel trucks have more realistic and impressive explosions than before. Huge flames, flying debris and other effects can be seen due to the large amount of ammunition and petrol onboard.

o Civilian/military cars and trucks have flames once exploded which can burn you if you go near them. In addition, they produce a which smoke from the shockwave due to the impact.

Helicopter Effects

o Helicopters now have a very impressive rotor failure effect - it produces black smoke and huge flames while falling to the ground, simultaneously twisting uncontrollably in the air.

o Dust on the ground and water in the sea is affected when helicopters fly low. You can see waves and ripples formed while hovering.

o Helicopters produce shockwaves when they hit the ground and occur a crater.

o Helicopters’ rockets produce smoke and sparks upon launch.

o Realistic cannon smoke.

Plane effects

o Ejection sequence added for jet fighters, so when a plane is damaged the pilot is able to eject using their seat, with the parachute opening once clear of the aircraft.

o Planes create trails of white cloud behind them like Jet Liners.

o Upon explosion a plane will send more than 100 fragments of debris in any direction, and then burst into intense flames.

o You are given warning messages when coming under attack from enemy fire.

o Waves are created when jets fly very low over the sea.

o A huge wave appears when a jet fighter crashes into the sea.

o Jet planes can launch flares to evade enemy missile fire.

o Realistic cannon smoke.

Soldier Effects

o Realistic grenades, along with unique timings and explosions for each side.

o Realistic tracers from light machine guns based on NATO data.

o Realistic rocket impacts based on flashes, flames and huge smoke.

o Back blast and smoke for riffles and rocket launchers.

The realism list is very long and we will update it very soon

wink_o.gif

There would be very soon a lot pics showing the FFUR 2005,

stay tuned

Quote[/b] ]I wouldn't have much time for that now, and I doubt that anyone else wants to delay FFUR anymore right?

Very interesting offer , thank you but what's the necessary time to make it ?

Best Regards

Thunderbird84