Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

Hi ,

All bugs,CTDs and other problems that people reported have been fixed for the incoming releases . smile_o.gif

I still don't know which apache's pack will I use for both eras , I will test them all carefully and will try to make the right choices.

Regards

Thunderbird84

@marine26thmeu

Hmm, are you running the game with the -nomap and/or -nosplash commands? I used to have a similar problem (I think), this is how I dealt with it:

Right click on shortcut > Properties > In the "Target" box after C:\Program Files\OFP (or whatever) add "-nosplash" and/or "-nomap" (without quotations)

That should make it work

If the error is in-game then perhaps some addons are missing and you might need to reinstall the game.

It seems that a new FFUR is approaching so if I were you I wouldn't bother unleas you really wanted to play it badly biggrin_o.gif

Hope it works!

|There could also be other reasons like graphics issues or the Game itself is corrupted in some way, but it dosn't seem like a graphical issue (or sound) and if it was working before FFUR then it can't be the game|

No , please don't waste your time by trying to deal with the FFUR beta , it's a beta and don't care about it , we had a lot of fantastic beta testers who helped us a bunch to find the bugs and to tak'em out .

marine26thmeu's right , there were several CTDs in the FFUR beta pack and we've fixed'em all , and as I said you before , the lag has been decreased a lot too .

Just wait and see , we're working very hard... wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Awesome, thanks AA and Thunderbird for the help. Yeah, the rest of the mod was working great, just happen to occur several times. Can't wait until the release, this mod rocks!

*Edit* I'm not sure what changes are going to be made to the final version, but I hope you keep pretty much all the units (at least for the West side the same). Having the CSLA US UH-60Ls kicks ass, and all the other units are perfect.

Whenever I tried to do a battle with a few infantry and tanks the music went bizerk,started skipping and repeating sounding like a bad CD,any way around this?

i had that problem with original ofp just music keeps skipping i dont know how i got a round this maybe a fresh install of the game i think i did something simillar to get around a different problem and it fixed bother of my problems

Quote[/b] ]Yeah , a bit... : D

At least you can be sure there won't be any russian , any US and any Frenchies .

Don't try to find , just wait and see

he he i think i know what it is i wont say incase its right an dpeople want it as a suprise and it probal isnt right

but anyway great work cant wait for this suprise and find out if my guess is right

good work cant wait for all releases

and WOW my OFP folders going to grow one hell of a lot

and is there a way that you could zip the installers and make the file download tiny so i could download all packs if not i dont mind i can wait 2 days for all the packs or it might even be 3 days

Good work

@Thunderbird

I ran through the main features on the site and was wondering if in the next release the BIS NVG will be replaced by INQs? Thanks

and WOW my OFP folders going to grow one hell of a lot

and is there a way that you could zip the installers and make the file download tiny so i could download all packs if not i dont mind i can wait 2 days for all the packs or it might even be 3 days

Nope, you can't compress compressed stuff again, really.. Well, you can, but it'd only decrease the filesize 1MB if your luckly.. And that would increase the install time a lot (having to extract it, twice..)

The files are compressed (Thats why it takes so long to install), it takes time to uncompress the files..

..wait, the last FFUR release was a beta?! I thought it was a full version.. or am I reading this wrong?

- Ben

im pretty sure there talking about the older 5.0 version wich kept CTD since the new version doesnt have AI chatting to one another whilst i read that they talk too much so im guessing its the older 5.0

also thanks DBR_ONIX for telling me that

its a shame but im going to have to install all the packs over a few days unless the packs are realesed at about 11:00 Pm then my download limit refreshes in the next hour then i can downlaoad the rest but im too tired for that

but anyway sounding good

Download one, play that, the next day, download the next (While playing the first). Same with the 2nd-3rd one tounge2.gif

You can't play them all at once, so you'd have two sitting not being used for a while

I really don't understand putting limits on downloads.. I mean they are giving high-speed internet why? To provide faster downloads.. But what is the point if saying "Here, have a [insert stupidly fast car here], BUT, you are NOT allowed to drive faster than 20miles/hour, or we take your car away" icon_rolleyes.gif

- Ben

Or charge you some ludicrous amount of money per kb/mb you've gone overbudget. crazy_o.gif

And Im Chuffed my islands are in this. I should really make a new version of those trees though. whistle.gif

Hi bros ,

'just back from the workshop with some news for ya wink_o.gif

FFUR 2005 new ironsights done By Benus

Each ironsight has been done in the goal to fit as best at possible with the weapon's model.

m16ir8lh.jpg

pkir8yb.jpg

ak742qr.jpg

Metal/shiney effect increased on several vehicles :

bmp6ps.jpg

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Looking through the rear sight of an M16-A2 sight looks much different you can see all of the top of the front sight base. And the rear sight is all blury. And I think the shiny effect is too much.

STGN

Edit to correct and clarify.

Whooow  pistols.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  inlove.gif

Is that real 3d iron sight ? Or sprites ? Because its really well done smile_o.gif

Its textures I am prity sure.

STGN

looking good but im not to keen on the shinyness of the BMP but the sights look great

nice work

Yeah,a wee bit too much shinyness from the cfgtexture stuff there,usually tanks shine only a little,not much...then again if their desert painted they shine a bit more unless they are really battle worn.

Hmm..I see....then again how many of us really see tanks in every direction of light every day?

Yeah i think its clearly too shine ! It look like gold... Or like polished metal... No it's not really nice...

On the xbox version, it's the texture that look like that ! It's not

shiny at this point ! It's really ugly

Quote[/b] ]

Its textures I am prity sure.

STGN

Mmh yeah but there's a lot of alliasing on it... The first one is really impressive ! But yes i think it's sprite...

Hi ,

I decreased the level of "the metal effect" , yeah I agree with ya that this effect give's a "goldy" touch to the bmp,heh

it looks more realistic now wink_o.gif

Btw , New script incorporated for tanks's explosions , when a tank explodes , then the crew is thrown out from the tank burning on the ground. it will enjoy some "gories" here : D

Yeah , the ironsights always are Textures/p3d , unfortunately ofp's engine still doesn't allow to make a 100 % 3D ironsight, Benus's done a nice job on these ironsights making them at authentic as possible.

I will show you very soon more pics wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

cool i like the sound of that new script

cant wait for the screens

also do we see any pics of the "Suprise" or do we only get the screens when its released ?

Quote[/b] ]also do we see any pics of the "Suprise" or do we only get the screens when its released ?

There would be "mysterious" screens wich won't be very clear ; )

unfortunately ofp's engine still doesn't allow to make a 100 % 3D ironsight,

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Do you even tried to make the origins like iron sight huh.gif

yeah it would always look like that...

But we could do 2 weapons like one with "normal" origins and one with iron sight... And each played soldiers would have that weapons...

The two could use the same magazines (jam ?)

and make it at grenade place (space to change) not like normal weapons (two weapons)

So you are on normal sight, > SPACE BAR > tac ! iron sight !

Yeah its not very clear i can't really explain the idea sorry