Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

Which weapon do US Military special forces mostly use in real life , The Hk or M4 ?

The only advantage of whisper 5.56 over MP5 is close range penetration - which is much better. The rest is disadvantages.

What advantage does a underpowered rifle have over an SMG?

Subsonic rounds need greater caliber to be effective.

MP5 is still used by specop, and anyway there is an XMS soldier already ingame, right? So give him an M4 and the other one gets HKMP5SD6 and everythink is fine.

Unless You like M4s that much.

BTW. Seals sometimes use M14 too, like durring missions in oppened terrain, so don't generalize like that.

Besides Specop widely uses .45 pistols, which won't stopp You from giving them the 9mm.

Quote[/b] ]I would like to see M2 Machinegun replaced with M60.
And I wouldn't. There is now a new M2 with fast-exchangable barrel, vertex flash dispersoor and such stuff. Noone made it unfortunately. An M240 would also be quite accurate. M60 is no longer popular in a mounted MG role.

Resistance Guerilla is used in FFUR 1985.

For 2005 , it'd be best to use modern units because one can imagine after "Resistance" and "85 crisis" the creation of a defence small army by Local citinzens which has as goal to defend these islands (Everon and Malden)

...so Everon defense forces will perfectly fit with the current year wink_o.gif

Btw , Blackops will definately use the MP-5 sd6

and XMS -> M4A1 Marksman variant with Bipod

After some hours of work , here's the FFUR 2005 Menu GUI (still alpha) smile_o.gif

ffurgui2005test7jj.jpg

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quite nice, only thing, you can't see the background animations? (No transparent bit)

If so, maybe edit the intros out, so their not loaded on startup? (If you do that, you get a black screen, which if hidden is quite a good idea acctualy tounge2.gif)

Good work *Waits for desert FFUR* mad_o.giftounge2.gif

- Ben

I would like to see the LST replaced with something for a change. Maybe the Nimitz Class or some other aircraft carrier. I know that the LST doesn't play much of a role in OFP, but it is used quite a bit for scenery.

Quote[/b] ]Quite nice, only thing, you can't see the background animations?

It won't be transparent , but maybe there would be some important changes on it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I would like to see the LST replaced with something for a change. Maybe the Nimitz Class or some other aircraft carrier. I know that the LST doesn't play much of a role in OFP, but it is used quite a bit for scenery.

Yeah , why not...

Cars -> Vilas/Sigma Cars

I hope you like this list smile_o.gif

Is it these Sigma cars ?

Sport car

Civilian car

Thunderbird84 what you think about this changes ?

Civilian car(white) -> Volga GAZ 24w v1.5b

gaz24.jpg --------------  Link

Civilian car(red) -> BB Dodge Challenger R/T v1.7

challenger.jpg --------------  Link ( Broken link) This link is v 1.6

Civilian car(jelow) -> Mechanic Peugeot Boxer

TN_mehainc_peu2.JPG --------------  Link

It's truck but with pasangers ver. (13 pas.+ driv.) and will be something new in OFP.

Civilian car(blue) -> Mercedes 600 SEL Fixed

_img_600_1.jpg -------------- Link

Sport car(white) -> Ghost's Lancia Statos

L_Stratos-02s.jpg -------------- Link

Sport car(white) -> Updated Mustang GT-R Pack

GTRPack.jpg -------------- Link

I suggest using this red cabrio .

One more ...plz take U.S.S. Ashland LSD 48 instead original BIS transport ship

Link

I hope you'll like this list too wink_o.gif

Best Regards

SILESIAN

Great proposals and amazing addons ! wink_o.gif

Thank you

I will test them all before to start making changes to be sure everything's going good

Regards

Thunderbird84

I just found out somthing that you might be interested in:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as02-e.htm

It's the AK-74M

Quote[/b] ]AK-74M. The latest variant, issued to the Russian troops since early 1990s. Key differences from the earlier AK-74 rifles are the side-folding plastic buttstock and the scope mounting rail on the left side of the receiver.

I was just thinking for "realism" perhaps it would be more appropriate to use this gun rather than an AK-47 with the Ru Soldiers (and perhaps the Defence Force aka Resistance). I know I've seen one around for OFP somewhere. Just a suggestion though.

I just hope it isn't too late to post this...

Just check the 27th page , it's allready expected to do that change though

Quote[/b] ]Ak74 -> RHS AK74M

we're looking for russian military Cadences , your help is the most welcome.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Currently FFUR only replaces bis units, but it would be cool to add more units for mission makers and only select units that are equivalent to the bis units to be used in the bis missions and campaigns. This would allow more weapons and vehicles. So I think Soviets should also get the RPK-74 not just the PKM. Resistance should get the RPK-47 and PK. US should get the M249. The bis AT-4 should be taken out and Soviet rpgs in 1985 include the RPG-7, RPG-7D (for airborne and sf), RPG-16, RPG-18, and RPG-22. Also replace the soviet Sa-7 with a Sa-18, but keep the Sa-7 for resistance. Soviets should get the RGD-5 instead of the F1, but resistance should keep the F1. Replace the Soviet DShK with the NSV and give the DShK to resistance. Different mg tripods, mortars, grenade launchers, AA guns and atgms like in FDF would be cool. Can we also see different versions of the Mi-17, Mi-24, T-55, T-72, and T-80? T-62 and T-64 tanks should be included. The V-80/Ka-50 should be taken out it didn't enter service intil 1995. Different versions of the Abrams like the M1, M1 IP, and M1A1. Soviet tank crews should get a mix of AKS-74 and AKS-74U, US tank crews a mix of M16A2 and Car-15, and resistance tank crews should get a mix of the AKS-47 and the Vz.58V. Get rid of the TT33 and Glock, the TT33 was replaced by the Makarov and the US army dosen't use Glocks. A designated marksman should bew added. Replace Black Ops with LSR Delta Force, US dosen't have sf called Black Ops. More planes, helicopters, armor, tank rounds, cars, weapons, and weapon accessories (scopes, suppressors, grenade launchers). Can you make the M72 LAW and other disposable rocket launchers like in VME where they can only be used once and are thrown away?  Realistic armor penetration valves like LIB 41-45 would be great, where the distance a tank fired its round, type of round, what part of the tank the round hit (armor thickness slope of armor, type of armor, era, and type of era) would matter. So it a round dosen't penetrate the armor it dose no damage to the tank. Currently even if the round dosen't penetrate the tank it still dose damage to the tank and after multiple hits the tank is destroyed. Even grenades do damage to tanks and after a lot of them a tank will be destroyed. Shaped charges from rocket launchers should not be affected by distance and most of them can't penetrate most era. While light era containers are completely destroyed in the process of detonation, heavy era such as Kontakt-5 sections are not, as their detonation is contained by the outside armor plates. Even after detonation Kontakt-5 sections continue to provide some applique protection. Kontakt-5 is also effective against tank round penetration but more effection against shaped charges. You should be also able to disable tanks by knocking off the track (makes the tank unable to move, firing a shaped charge at the wheel of a tank is not the samw as knocking off the track and just makes a small hole in it and the tank still functions fine), destroying the engine (can also kill the crew if the tank dosen't have fire extinguishers or if the the crew dosen't get out fast, makes tank unable to move nor traverse its turret unless there is a hand crank which makes the turret traverse very slowly, also happens when the tank runs out of fuel), and destroying the tank cannon (which is already in ofp). Satchel charges and mines should only be able to destroy the tracks of MBT. Realistic tank ammo and smoke loadouts, reload speed, tank speed, and jettisonable fuel tanks for soviet tanks should be added. I also think that you should use mostly ORCS and LSR weapons, they look much better than SJB, CSLA, and RHS weapons. For helicopters I think you should use Franze & NodUnit V1.3 and BAS helicopters with their scripts and some Vit helicopters. For planes you should use Vit and Footmunch. CBT, Sigma, ORCS, Vit APC, FDF RHS, and CSLA have some good vehicles.

Hi and welcome,

At first , our main objective is to replace "BIS" models by the best ones done by the whole community suited to wanted eras (85/05) and to wanted themes (woodland/desert/winter) and not to add MORE EXTRA units like WGL do.

-Our second objective is to replace BIS effects by popular ones mainly based on FlashFx avoiding lag , or killing it if the concerned effect worths to get used.

-Our third objective is to make a balance between realism and gameplay in the goal to avoid freezing and destroying BIS campaigns and missions.

=> Total Realism kills the gameplay

=> Total Gameplay makes OFP like CS

-And finally , our fourth objective is to have SMALL pack's sizes + a clean mission editor , and to reach this goal , we have spent a lot of time by removing all useless P3D and textures, it's very hard and needs a lot of efforts.

The only extra addons we have allowed ourselves to add are animals that you can find in the Civilian side.

By the way , I do agree that having a lot of units enjoy some people , but we can't allow ourselves to make that because we want to have the smallest pack possible.

Quote[/b] ]Can you make the M72 LAW and other disposable rocket launchers like in VME where they can only be used once and are thrown away?

Interesting script , but it's best to avoid the use of useless scripts because it sometimes occur a lag , and this script will break a bit the gameplay even it's very realistic (ex : in some missions , law/Rpg soldiers will need several rockets to destroy a tank...)

Quote[/b] ]Replace the Soviet DShK with the NSV and give the DShK to resistance

Right , it will definately fit...

Quote[/b] ]I also think that you should use mostly ORCS and LSR weapons, they look much better than SJB, CSLA, and RHS weapons. For helicopters I think you should use Franze & NodUnit V1.3 and BAS helicopters with their scripts and some Vit helicopters. For planes you should use Vit and Footmunch. CBT, Sigma, ORCS, and RHS have some good vehicles.

That's your own opinion , some people do prefer CSLA addons than RHS or SJB ones , I try to incorporate people favorite's addons though.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Just one small thing, the Blackhawk your using, if it's accurate for the 05 version, KEEP IT tounge2.gif

It's the best looking addon I've seen in a while biggrin_o.gif

Yeh, some of the things Konstantin suggested will "break" the gameplay, like the dispsoble LAWs, I suggest you (Konstantin) look at the WGL mod, it has lots of realistic stuff (Thats what the mod is centered around, realism)

- Ben

Yeah it is my opinion that those addons look better, but it also looks weird to have a bunch weapons from different mods together. Maybe you can make an expansion for FFUR in the future with extended units but it is not necessary or also an expansion that adds more realism. It would be also good if other addons worked in FFUR.

with the mission editor make it more like FDF one that one has more space and is bigger unlike the original BIS one

the current FFUR one isnt too bad but it doesnt feel as big as FDF's

anyway after reading a few pages this sounds great at first i was against the idea but now this is great cant wait

Hi mates !

Indeed , very nice but still unreleased... the work's in progress right now , so best to use released addons...heh , until now the most suited pack for these kinda replacements is Mig's one.

Btw new replacements :

Ural (transport soldiers) -> Spetznatz (ural)

Ural (repair) -> Spetznatz Ural (repair)

Ural (ammo) -> Spetznatz Ural (ammo)

Ural (fuel) -> Spetznatz Ural (fuel)

Maybe we'll also replace the shilka by Spetznatz one that we try to get at all cost before its official release tounge2.gif

I have another nice surprise for you , but I'll keep it as surprise until the release wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Check your settings. or check your graphic card/pilot's too.

What's the problem with FFUR here ? none ?

then ok smile_o.gif