Sign in to follow this  
Rhodite

UKF Warrior (MCV80) v1.0 Released

I get this texture error in a number of places:

driver7xd.jpgtopshot2mb.jpg

Also i don't know if this is part of the same error:

insideshot7gq.jpgwarriorside0mv.jpg

On a plus note my sounds are fine.

thats because your flashpoint setting are too low to show the 0.00 LOD (the highest detailed one). The highest LOD should have a modeled cockpit for the driver when he's turned out... play around with your settings and preferences to fix it

those LOD's were never inteded to be seen from close range... you can see how low Your LOD is by looking at the barrel of your first picture wink_o.gif

well, now i have changed my soundcard drivers, and the low sound problem is still there...

the sound is lower then both the silenced MP5 and the Bizon...

it is ONLY the cannon, the MG and the MILAN sounds that are weak..

as i said it MIGHT be my soundcard anyway, but could you please try with another sound format? it might be a solution...

now it seems quite useless to use the warriors since i cant hear them shoot... and thats is really a shame.. they are beautiful..

Have you got any extensions in use that change gamesounds? huh.gif

I can recall a similar problem....don't know where i heard it though whistle.gif

nope, not that i know of..

Obviously we don't know what other addons/replacement packs you have installed or what mod folders you are using, could you try a clean ofp installation or remove all of the addons that you are using and see whether this problem persists?

The warrior has been tested with a base OFP Res 1.96 install and no sound issues were found :/

i have been away making tea.

here you are...........

i hope that you like it.

anyway this addon is amazing thumbs-up.gif

I also have the sound issue, but it only occurs when using the Warrior in the newest release of ECP. If I run OFP w/o ECP then the sounds of the warrior are fine.

@Messiah

Thanks for the advice buddy. It just goes to show after years of playing the game there's still something i forgot to tweak  icon_rolleyes.gif

Blackbloods desert soldiers and PUKF Warrior go together like, fish and chips, "mmmm"

warrior2nh.jpg

I tested mine in ECP and no sound issues.

i have been away making tea.

here you are...........

i hope that you like it.

anyway this addon is amazing  thumbs-up.gif

thats just how i like it mate .... 6 hours old  rofl.gif

about those biscuits .....  huh.gif

pleased that you all like it so far  smile_o.gif

I also have the sound issue, but it only occurs when using the Warrior in the newest release of ECP. If I run OFP w/o ECP then the sounds of the warrior are fine.

Tested with the new ECP and no sound issues, again can people please test with just the warrior in case there is some addon/mod/tweak that is causing this issue. 20+ beta testers never once came across this issue.

Tested with the new ECP and no sound issues, again can people please test with just the warrior in case there is some addon/mod/tweak that is causing this issue. 20+ beta testers never once came across this issue.

I have the same addons in my regular folder, that I do in the ECP addon folder. I even tested it in ECP w/o any mods. It's really strange, but no biggie I guess. The sound problem is just one of a couple of problems I am having since I repurchased OFP. Like I am getting the BIS logo plastered all over your newest landies. I only have about 1 gig of addons in my folders

System specs:

P4 2.6 GhZ

1GB of RAM

2x 250GB HD's

2x 80GB HD

ATI 9800 PRO 128MB

Sound Max Integrated Digital Audio <--- I think this may be the sound culprit, I also have an SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card which is currently disabled.

Like I am getting the BIS logo plastered all over your newest landies. I only have about 1 gig of addons in my folders

That one's caused by Philcommando's ship addons in my experience.

Yes... phicommando addons seem to make the BIS logo appear confused_o.gif

i have tested with only PUKF stuff, and the bug is still there.

well, ok, there was a couple of marker packs too, but that wouldnt matter i think...

I have the sound issue as well. I will stop short of calling it a bug, but it is the only unit that i have that does this out of....lemme check...2.87gig in my res/addon folder.

I tried it under the FDFmod...i will go and try it using CSLA and reg ofp.

You can hear thenMilan motor and warhead explosion and according to one of my RHS Nav marines that hit it with a tandem warhead from his RPG, the explosion sound works fine  biggrin_o.gif

****Edit***

I have tried it with just plain ofr:res and still no sound. All the sound on your other addons work fine.

The engine sound and rear door open sound work fine on the Warrior, just the cannon and MG.

I alos tried playing around with my sound settings and still no joy.

Guest major gandhi

ups [...] was so excited biggrin_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

very very nice addon! notworthy.gif

@ sv5000 - Thank you very much for taking some time to test different way of creating the loss of sound... we're still trying to track it down, and as anyone can appreciate, if you can't replicate the fault on your own machine, let alone any of the team members or the 20+ beta testers its hard to solve it. Lets hope its just a sound format issue.

No worries. As someone who has released an addon before, I can appreciate the effort it takes to hunt down or even just review the addon for anything, let alone a problem being had by only 2 people.

I apprecaite this, and I will continue looking at it from my end (Which is more the likely the problem wink_o.gif

Anyway a big notworthy.gif for this battle taxi, my Uk forces need not walk in the rain again thumbs-up.gif

No worries. As someone who has released an addon before, I can appreciate the effort it takes to hunt down or even just review the addon for anything, let alone a problem being had by only 2 people.

I apprecaite this, and I will continue looking at it from my end (Which is more the likely the problem wink_o.gif

Anyway a big notworthy.gif for this battle taxi, my Uk forces need not walk in the rain again thumbs-up.gif

What kind of sound card do you have on your machine? Because I noticed that myself, and a few others that have noticed this problem have a Sound Max integrated sound device, I am going to activate my SB Audigy 2 and see if the sound disappears or not.

I have onboard sound card...Realtek AC97.

I have onboard sound card...Realtek AC97.

i have a onboard AC-97, no problems so far

Jesus Christ OFP communuty. Trying to blow up my comp. ECP. These. I forgot the others.

tounge2.gif J/K Love the units. Just wat my troops needed on Afghanistan. Now the tailban t55 dont kill me

hehe... glad you're enjoying it  smile_o.gif

That has to be the biggest understatement to date; i'm currently making a mission with these babies and there just fantastic. I just wish there was some British support units to rearm them and such. You guys RULE  notworthy.gif

actionshot7ug.jpg

hehe... glad you're enjoying it smile_o.gif

That has to be the biggest understatement to date; i'm currently making a mission with these babies and there just fantastic. I just wish there was some British support units to rearm them and such. You guys RULE notworthy.gif

Watch this space wink_o.gif