Sign in to follow this  
wipman

M4A1 Pack

wippy I told you many times that the jam sounds were put into a seperate pbo so people could customise them. So when you don't like them you are encouraged to replace them yourself.

Hi, i've already ended the M203 texture, and i continue working on the woodland camo textures; im thinking in change the aimpoint lens texture to the same red lens texture that the ACOG sight uses. There's no news on the release of a teaser with the desert camoed weapons. Let's cu.

WIP_M4WM203:

m4_25.jpg

Hi, i've changed the M68 Mil-Spec Aimpoint sight lens texture for a red glass instead the blue lens that we had before; this is how it looks like:

WIP_M4DM68:

m4_26.jpg

WIP_M4WM68:

m4_27.jpg

WIP_M4WM68:

m4_28.jpg

I think that yes, it looks better... hope that you agree. Let's cu.

Wow, i see those pics and now, in the first time of my life, i'm waiting for a M4 addon to be released. No, this cannot be true. I have only liked the long Colt variants this far. And what? These have red dots and other tactical crap on them too? I still want them? Argh, can someone shoot me please?

Hi, i've already ended the M203 texture, and i continue working on the woodland camo textures; im thinking in change the aimpoint lens texture to the same red lens texture that the ACOG sight uses. There's no news on the release of a teaser with the desert camoed weapons. Let's cu.

WIP_M4WM203:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/m4_25.jpg

On that M4, you should remove the M203 leaf sight on top of the handguard because that sight can be mounted on weaver rails only and there are none on that handguard.

Also, that rifle already has a sight for the M203 mounted on the side of the carrying handle.

For the colors, I think you could try to make them look thicker, for example by making the markings on the guns less visible as if they were covered by paint.

Oh, and maybe you could add vertical foregrips on the other M4s, these are very common in Iraq and Afghanistan on M4s.

Apart from that, the weapons look great - although a lot of M4s have been released, these could be best.

Hi, u mean this, nickless?:

WIP_M4DM203 (Provisional):

m4_29.jpg

About the SureFire handgrips... i just don't like 'em, and the OFP can't reflect the pressence of 'em in a weapon, no anims made for this kind of weapon accesorys & no possibility of make 'em have an effect in game as they've in the real life; making the weapon more stable in single shot as burst fire or full auto; so... no surefire hand grips, i thinked in add 'em to the ACOG-SD sighted versions, or the M68-SD sighted versions... but i just don't like it, maybe i'll add just 1, not 2; 1. Just, 1. But i don't know; let's cu.

I forget it...

WIP_M4LMGM68SD (the aimpoint it's the aimpoint sight on the latest O2 screenshots):

m4_07.jpg

That's the only extra handgrip that u could find in this M4's if they ever get to see the light; let's cu.

Hi, u mean this, nickless?:

WIP_M4DM203 (Provisional):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/m4_29.jpg

About the SureFire handgrips... i just don't like 'em, and the OFP can't reflect the pressence of 'em in a weapon, no anims made for this kind of weapon accesorys & no possibility of make 'em have an effect in game as they've in the real life; making the weapon more stable in single shot as burst fire or full auto; so... no surefire hand grips, i thinked in add 'em to the ACOG-SD sighted versions, or the M68-SD sighted versions... but i just don't like it, maybe i'll add just 1, not 2; 1. Just, 1. But i don't know; let's cu.

I forget it...

WIP_M4LMGM68SD (the aimpoint it's the aimpoint sight on the latest O2 screenshots):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/m4_07.jpg

That's the only extra handgrip that u could find in this M4's if they ever get to see the light; let's cu.

Yes, that's the way the sight is supposed to be mounted, I just think it should be a bit larger, like on this picture:

lg_colt-lg.jpg

The same applies to the flip-up rear sight, it has to be larger - remember that it needs to be (nearly) as high as the front sight when it is flipped up.

Imho, the pictures with all the SOPMOD accesoires show some parts in a wrong scale.

Hi, well nickless... im not a modeller, so there are things that i can't do; i do all what i can; and i try to do it as well as i can.

This is all what i can do in the M4's+M203.

WIP_M4DM203:

m4_30.jpg

WIP_M4WM203:

m4_31.jpg

WIP_M4WM203:

m4_32.jpg

But there's ano thing that worrys me, what the people, the players in general will preffer... the CAR15+M203, or the M4A1+M203?, this weapons should go to the players, to make the other OFP players like us, have a M4's pack that cover all they'r needs and likes. I hate too the M4's; over all now that im with they'r textures, but the players deserve this effort; and i do this for all the OFP players, so... what they'll like more? CAR15+M203 or M4A1+M203?. Let's cu.

Please can you make a CAR15 without nothing to be able to add it to the armored crews of the years 1985 , thanks a lot smile_o.gif

Keep up this huge quality... wink_o.gif

Looks great dude!!

But note this picture;

lg_colt-lg.jpg

The M203 is shorter. This is the new M203 which is used on the M4 SOPMOD and on the M16A3/A4

The old one is still around though, but the newer one is used more often from what I cansee on pictures.

The CAR15 should use the old one.

I don't really think I prefer the M4 over the CAR15 or the otheer way around. It's just that i'll use the CAR for 1985 units and the M4 for modern units.

Keep it up, I love it!

Hi, sorry... but looks like that's impossible to make a basic CAR-15 without modify the front grip model; and i never seen a camoed weapon in the 80's, paited; i mean. All what i can do it's the CAR-15+M203, i never thinked in the 80's units, i ever thinked in the current units or the mid 90's units; but anyway... as i've said, in pack should contain not only woodland & deser camoed weapons; it should contain not camoed M4's too, for arm common units, not only SF kind of units. But i haven't begin those yet, i still making the woodland textures, they'r a f*****' pain in the ass; that's why it takes me so long, that; & the 2.3 release of the AAO. Sorry, let's cu.

Hi, first, Wipman i don't understand a word that your saying smile_o.gif But that's ok cause I understand that English isn't the first language for everyone, nor is it for me.

But now about the CAR15's.

I'm a hardcore XM177E2 fan myself, so i wouldn't care about the colour nor about any accesories like scopes and stuff. If it has the big flash hider, a thin handguard (not like the thick ones on M4's) and the A1 or A2 upper receiver (A3 is fine as long the handle stays on, no flattop's for me) it's an XM177E2 in my eyes. Now why am I chitchattin about the XM177E2 if this is about the CAR15...well the answer is simple, any short form of the M16 rifle was known as a CAR15 till the M4 came to use. So if, which one these would have you done?

My favorite, the XM177E2.

http://www.ofp.bmj.pl/xm177.jpg

The M733, same as the XM177E2 but with a smaller flash hider.

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/hwaming....3-1.jpg

The latest CAR15 aka the Colt Commando,but you've made that one allready haven't you.

http://www.webarms.com/Gun%20Suppliers/Colt/m4commando.jpg

Now I think i know what you're thinking, they all have A1,A2 upper receivers or/and non RIS handguards. Well really It's not as hopeless as it looks, since Inquisitor has allready made these details, they're just not in the do-it-yourself M4 Pack. Bits and pieces could to be taken from the M16A2's and M4's from the INQ HiRes Weapon Pack, if he gives permission of course. Using this method I've created quite a few custom weapons.

Oh and about the camoflage being too new for the CAR15's, C'mon painting weapons isn't that new of a thing.

I hope you find inspiration to continue and finish the pack with or without the CAR15's.

If there'll be no XM177E2's in the pack, I'll probably use your M4's as a template and make my own if i have to.

Am I missing any details or it's enough to select vertices at the end of the M203 barrel and simply drag them to the right to make it shorter? Simple as that?  rock.gif  wink_o.gif

Hi, i've almost ended the ACOG sight textures on the woodland camoed version of this M4's; i could have much soon than what i belived the rest of the woodland textures ended. So... i could begin to work in the black scratched version, that version for not SF units.

WIP_M4WACOG:

m4_33.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread wipman

But i have both the standard XM-177E2 and the XM-177E2 w/scope models ready to go and I am just awaiting approval for release. They will replace the original really bad XM models.

Heres a pic of the XMS replacement, let me know if you like it fellahs.

xms6bm.jpg

sv5000's is better cause his doesn't have the double mags. Im not sure about everyone else but I can't stand double mags in OFP since they serve no purpose but to make you think "Why the f*** does is say I am out of ammo if I got a whole nother full mag here". I mean, double mags are pointless especialy if you have the same magazine classname used by a weapon with a model that doesn't have double mags, then you think "Where did the double mag go??". Absolutly hate double mags. Nice weapon sv5000 biggrin_o.gif I want it tounge_o.gif

Hi, look good those CAR-15, SV5000; & don't worry about that "hijack", it's very closer to this threat. I like that metalic colour of those CAR-15, i don't know how to make for stretch the front hand grip to make that the hole close to the AR body in the lower part of the grip dissapears; but thanks to you, those who want a CAR-15 for they'r 80's units, now gonna have it. & Kyle... Kyle.. Kyle.. Kyle... it's not my blame that the OFP engine (like the restof the game engines) don't recon a tapped/clipped magazine model as a magazine & only do it as part of the static weapon model; i like the clipped mags, they look fanzy to me; i'm very proud of this M4's, and for prove it... there goes the prove... . Let's cu.

wip_m4a1pack.jpg

PUNK'S NOT DEAD.

Cheers mate, I am very eager to get my hands on those M4's of yours.

not sure what kyle has against double mags but i think the weapons look great and cant wait to add them to my favorite units o please if u can in the readme put in the class names for us ppl who like to move them from unit to unit thanks for the personal favor wink_o.gif

Sorry to hijack your thread wipman

But i have both the standard XM-177E2 and the XM-177E2 w/scope models ready to go and I am just awaiting approval for release. They will replace the original really bad XM models.

Heres a pic of the XMS replacement, let me know if you like it fellahs.

xms6bm.jpg

so you are gonna replace a bad model by one thats even worse? try to shearch for XM177E2 on google.

This is how the XM177E2 look(roughly - Airsoft).

xm177e2-1.jpg

Now i edmit that I don't like the CS model - bad model/bad textures. But what you are showing here is a M4 Commando

M4Com.jpg

you got the right barrel lenth as a XM(11,5") and the birdcage which BIS chose to put on thier model but this is not the standard flash hider, thats the long one whit a "hole" for mounting a granadeluncher. but the biggest mistake is the flattop and detachable carryhandle which wasen't present on the XM, as fare as im aware It was first in late 80's the flattop apered. Among other on Colt's ACR entry. Oh by the way I see you've mounted the Aimpoint(Im not sure that model was present in 85 either) whit the standard cco mount which is used by the US ARMY today, you can't mount it that way on the Carryhandle, thier is a hole in the middel of the carryhandle which serves the purpose so you can mount a Rail and then this cco mount on it or find a Aimpoint mount which is ment to be used on the carry handle. And at last please pusch the bolt all the way to the barrel the way it sits now if you pulled the trigger you gun would blow apart(there is a reason the Forward assist was added to the gun).

STGN

Great work Wipman, keep it up.

And PLEASEEEEEEEE make version without 2x mag, I hate them also. IMO It's just a matter of removing a few vertexes or "hiding" them smile_o.gif