Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

International Special Forces

Quote[/b] ]ery very tough looking soldiers wearing red berets and equipped with American weaponry (don't remember if it was M4's or M16's).

These are also the same guys who killed some New Zealander peacekeepers in East Timor near the border of West Timor. In the report I read, they left their Kopassus patch as a calling card.

That was a revenge for the East Timor freedom fighters (Fretilin) kick their asses for 25 years. rofl.gif

Whats so funny about a bunch of borderline war criminals murdering and mutiiating an NZ soldier?

I dont know if you understand what I said, so Ill explain,

Kopassus killed the NZ peace Keepers because they dont want to leave East Timor without a clear military victory in 25 years, that is one of the biggest frustations of all indonesian ranks, that the funny thing is in this 25 years, one of the bigest armys in the world, coulnt dominate an Island with 500.000 people despite of all the tortures, violations and killing they made.

Still we dont know who realy kill he NZ soldiers, Kopassus or the East timor Militias trained by the indonisians to deploy terror through all the island.

Ah and its nothing funny about the killing of any human being.

How about some Canadian JTF2 (Joint Task Force)? I know OperationNorthstar made an addon a while back, but I have not heard anythign from them in a long time.

With regards to the generic black op, I think it would be cool to have a customizable patch where you can put whatever patch you wish in the unit's init line.

Quote[/b] ]I know OperationNorthstar made an addon a while back, but I have not heard anythign from them in a long time.

I "believe" there are some coming. thumbs-up.gif

Guys, ever heard of the CSLA2 MOD?huh.gif? Ever heard of the Pedagne Mod?huh.gif?huh.gif??

There are mods already doing units like those. It would be best to contact those mods about doing such SF units.

Personally I'd rather see some SF units that:

1. Have not been done and that no mods are working on.

2. Would be very useful for a wide range of missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yes, but CSLA works on the Czech's communist era only. They don't work on modern Czech Republic projects. It would be great to see some modern Czech SF.

In respect to Canadian Terror's post above:

I'm intrigued. It's good to see that Northstar is still ticking.

The Rhodesian 1st SAS Regiment

They have been involved in quite a lot of really impressive actions, but it is hard to find good intel about them. Mainly because Rhodesia hasn't been in existence since about 1980.

It's a cool idea...Show me some info though smile_o.gif

From what I know GROM is already in the works in atleast three different Polish Mods..

Ok I'll keep that in mind

What I REALLY would like to see, and nobody has mentioned this so far, is some Blackwater Security units.  They have black body armor, black kevlar helmets and either civilian clothes underneath or some type of uniform.   They also tend to have SF style leg holsters for pistols and use M4's, PKMs, M4/M203's, M249's, AKM's, MP5's, and a variety of pistols.

I'll give some serious thought to this. I haven't really seen or heard of anything planned regarding contractors, so it may or may not happen depending on the load I have.

How about some Arctic/Winter SF units ?? There's desert and woodland aplenty, but apart from HYK I can't find any decent modern winter units anywhere.....

Another idea I'll give some serious thought to smile_o.gif

Please make a New Zealand SAS solider and also an Aussie SASR model.

Theres already an Aussie SASR model, but I don't think theres any NZ. So I'll see.

yeah, I definately love to see some military contractors put into ofp too...

Again, I'll give some thought to it.

And to all the other requests: I like the KOPASSUS idea and the Czech. I'll add it to my country list. JTF2 I was planning to make as I am Canadian myself biggrin_o.gif but we'll wait and see on what ONS has cooking up.

And onto the main point of my post, without further ado here is your blackop notworthy.gif (Go easy on me, it took 2 days to make and is still missing some stuff).

dxdshot1119921812.jpg

dxdshot11199217541.jpg

Had to show the evolution thumbs-up.gif

dxdshot1119922675.jpg

Just give me any feedback and also the custom patch is going on the chest, where the velcro is and he is also missing his headset, helmet and fixed nvg which I will work on later.

make the blackop a little less fat then its perfect. Imean the ankles and quads a bit smaller, the body armour i reckon would look better if it was thicker all over like bas or lsr units,then perfecto

finally a proper blackop

waited 2 years for this

wink_o.gif

The arms and shoulders are still a bit on the scrawny side. They shouldn't be big as body builders, but they usually are weight lifters.

Here is some info about Rhodesian Regular and Special Forces, including the SAS:

Some info about Rhodesian Sas..

Info about Rhodesian Special Forces

Info about Rhodesian Forces in general

Concerning Kopassus and the killing of the NZ Peace Keepers:

Kopassus is probably the Special Forces Unit with the worst record of violating civil and human rights. The forerunner to Kopassus (RPKAD) fought with Australian Sas on Borneo and lost every time. They showed the same attitude towards civil and human rights back then.

Here is a link for those who are intrested:

Australian Sas Vs RPKAD

@Bambi ---> very nice addon! When you want relase this addon? Please, do more screen smile_o.gif

And onto the main point of my post, without further ado here is your blackop notworthy.gif (Go easy on me, it took 2 days to make and is still missing some stuff).

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/bambi_ofp/dxdshot1119921812.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/bambi_ofp/dxdshot11199217541.jpg

Had to show the evolution thumbs-up.gif

[http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/bambi_ofp/dxdshot1119922675.jpg

Just give me any feedback and also the custom patch is going on the chest, where the velcro is and he is also missing his headset, helmet and fixed nvg which I will work on later.

Excellent smile_o.gif

It was something like this I was suggesting. Maybe you could add some different types:

- 1 version with wooly cap

- 1 with black peaked cap

- 1 with helmet and face mask

- 1 with gas mask

Just a few suggestions. I reckon it's better to make them generic. That way you could simulate them to be any balck clad SF operatives in the world. If you also stick to using BIS weapons, people don't have to DL any extra weapon addons. It's easy enough to add your own weapons to them.

Looks good.

There are NZ SAS in existance. smile_o.gif

Excellent  

It was something like this I was suggesting. Maybe you could add some different types:

- 1 version with wooly cap

- 1 with black peaked cap

- 1 with helmet and face mask

- 1 with gas  mask

Just a few suggestions. I reckon it's better to make them generic. That way you could simulate them to be any balck clad SF operatives in the world. If you also stick to using BIS weapons, people don't have to DL any extra weapon addons. It's easy enough to add your own weapons to them.

Ok I'll get crackin wink_o.gif

Here is some info about Rhodesian Regular and Special Forces, including the SAS:

Some info about Rhodesian Sas..

Info about Rhodesian Special Forces

Info about Rhodesian Forces in general

Concerning Kopassus and the killing of the NZ Peace Keepers:

Kopassus is probably the Special Forces Unit with the worst record of violating civil and human rights. The forerunner to Kopassus (RPKAD) fought with Australian Sas on Borneo and lost every time. They showed the same attitude towards civil and human rights back then.

Here is a link for those who are intrested:

Australian Sas Vs RPKAD

I'll read those up tonight smile_o.gif

There are NZ SAS in existance.

Just to clarify, did you mean in OFP or in real life? Cause I meant in OFP heh

And the model is still being tweaked a bit, I'll have another update soon. yay.gif

Those special forces guys look cool.

Oh and Nz sas

Lookie

Ohh Thanks for clarifying that for me smile_o.gif

Yeah those are the ones i meant smile_o.gif

Sorry should have linked you to them biggrin_o.gif

Hi, Your special forces look awsome biggrin_o.gif. But like every one hase said, the arms are to scrawny. And gear wise, go on google and type in black hawk gear. They have some great gear that you could use. One idea is to put knee pads and army pads on them. And weapon ideas could include the xm8 rifle, (I think you can find them on OFP.Org.) These are just ideas, but they look good already.

Maybe make the legs a little skinnier, and the arms a little more muscular, but this looks very nice overall, I can't wait for it.