Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944

Ok, please keep I44 related discussions in here, and don't throw them around all over the forum smile_o.gif

About the mod not being released before: this is because we only want to release when we are satisfied with the result. No interim release, because if we did that people would whine that there are loads of bugs, and that things need fixing. If it is not finished, than we know that there are issues, that is exactly why it is not released.

To freshen up peoples minds:

I44 will be released in Phases. Phase 1 will cover the initial British landings. This Phase is the foundation for everything else. Once the base is there, expanding upon this base will be easier and faster. In total there will be 4 Phases, not including the Eastern and Italian fronts.

Nice! smile_o.gif

- Will Marfy's tank will be released in the Phase 1? Do they have customs interiors?

- Is there an estimated release date (+/- 2 months)?

Nice! smile_o.gif

- Will Marfy's tank will be released in the Phase 1? Do they have customs interiors?

- Is there an estimated release date (+/- 2 months)?

-Not at liberty to say.

-No, when it is done wink_o.gif

you're talking like all we can do is whine, ever taken a look at the lib. 1941 , vme , Csla , or any other random mod's thread? or the FDFMod? I believe things have only gotten better and more expanded after version 1.0.

Personally I prefer FDF's way of delivering a constant stream of islands, expansions, and missions. allot better then the "when it's done" aproach allot of mods (including yours) handle.

But I have a question: We already discussed this. to summarise it:

1. Why wont you release it?

2. because we want everything perfect

1. can't you patch it?

2. it would stain our reputation

I can't be arsed the finish this neverending circle now, but Marcel and John know where i'm going at..

I agree with Gandalf. It seems a shame and a bit pointless that Armed Assault will be out before this mod, especially since you've got it looking so good. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]1. can't you patch it?

thats never been said smile_o.gif

Wildo

@lt.hunter: did the invasion 44 team find a way around the engine limitation that causes that on halftruck vehicles only the chain or the wheels could move?

Quote[/b] ]Personally I prefer FDF's way of delivering a constant stream of islands, expansions, and missions. allot better then the "when it's done" aproach allot of mods (including yours) handle.

Different mods, different visions and different policies. We have chosen to release our mod in phases and we won’t change this.

Quote[/b] ]But I have a question: We already discussed this. to summarise it:

1. Why wont you release it?

2. because we want everything perfect

1. can't you patch it?

A perfect release is a utopia, chances of a 100% bug free release are near impossible. However, we believe in delivering quality and –unfortunately- the price of this is time. Of course we also realize you guys can't (and probably don't want to) wait forever, so it'll be released before hell freezer over.

Arch.

Quote[/b] ]1. can't you patch it?

thats never been said smile_o.gif

Wildo

care for some dutch chatlogs? smile_o.gif

I have talked with Marcel since the day he released his dutch cop car, same for John. both changed (John not an awfull lot but maybe that's because he saw what happened to Marcel).

Let me tell you: any friend in Invasion 1944 suddenly acts allot more distant... damn that mod sad_o.gif .

I just want to say, people WILL NOT "whine about bugs", what they will do is tell you what they think you should fix.. When you work on something, you get tunnel-visioned about it. Another persons eyes are much clearer, as they've not been working on the model for how-ever-long..

Why do I get the felling "-Not at liberty to say." roughtly translates into "I'm not going to say it's never going to be released"..?

Go ahead and prove me wrong (And a 'one or two' others) smile_o.gif

- Ben

Another persons eyes are much clearer, as they've not been working on the model for how-ever-long..

Why do I get the felling "-Not at liberty to say." roughtly translates into "I'm not going to say it's never going to be released"..?

Not the entire team works on every single texture, every single model and every single mission or sound FX. We share our work with other team members so that the quality overall is the same for the entire mod.

Because we at this point do not know if it will be included or not. But believe what you want to believe...

Quote[/b] ]However, we believe in delivering quality

Dude, you seriously need to take a look at your site's screens. wink_o.gif

Some Examples.

Daniel @ June 13 2005,20:27)]
Quote[/b] ]However, we believe in delivering quality

Dude, you seriously need to take a look at your site's screens. wink_o.gif

Some Examples.

Er, got me confused here. Don't you like them?

Arch.

Arch.

He means that they look good enough for release wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]We share our work with other team members so that the quality overall is the same for the entire mod.

thats not so true in my case ;)

Wildo

Neither of which are included in phase 1 however, bar the panther in Normandy.

Arch.

He means that they look good enough for release wink_o.gif

But, as always, looks can be decieving wink_o.gif

Arch.

Quote[/b] ]Er, got me confused here. Don't you like them?

Arch.

Very sorry for being unclear, I think they are bloody amazing! biggrin_o.gif

looks can be decieving wink_o.gif

why remake them over and over again then? rock.gif

Seriously, this is clouded in mysteries. Lib. 1941 got their gameplay right, in a much smaller timespan then Invasion 1944 I believe...

looks can be decieving wink_o.gif

why remake them over and over again then? rock.gif

Seriously, this is clouded in mysteries. Lib. 1941 got their gameplay right, in a much smaller timespan then Invasion 1944 I believe...

Because the previous versions did not have the level of quality we're aiming at. So some things get reworked once in a while.

Arch.

If the screens are awesome yet deceiving, then the actual quality can't be that much less than awesome? rock.gif

Daniel @ June 13 2005,20:47)]If the screens are awesome yet deceiving, then the actual quality can't be that much less than awesome? rock.gif

Maybe.

How much attention do you spend on getting the proxies / "feel" right? I have never seen a truck with soldiers in it, or the interrior of a tank...

Somehow I get the feeling you're only focussing on graphics. the number one mistake that allot of leaders make.

kome on guys. give them them the time they need. i am gonna wait till it is done. quality has its price, and in this case, it's time... so don't whine.... why not join 'em and help them out?

and: you can't compare lib with i44! biggrin_o.gif

I liked the demo.

I'm sure I will like the new version when it comes out some day.

Other than that, actual discussion of this mod can only really happen when its released.

I wouldnt know what else to say.  rock.gif

@metalmatle

i agree you cant compare Lib with us, seeign as were completly different teams with nigh on different skills (albeit stuck on modding ofp)

both teams are great, they improve ofp's ww2 experience 10 fold

@Canadianterror

i also agree, but seeign as the mod is staring me in the face on my desktop, all i can say is,pack your parachute....this is hardcore ww2 simulation for the best game going! smile_o.gif

Wildo