Sign in to follow this  
ruff

Afganeveron map v1.0 and AfganPack v1.2

i waited so long for this, and was thinking about it just today guessing when it might be released smile_o.gif

thank you for the news ruff wink_o.gif

The taliban infantry's torso textures are messed up...

I have found 2 bugs. First, the RPG soldier gets an error when trying to start the game and has no icon in the mission editor. I had to remove all the RPG soldiers from my squad to even play.

Second, the Taliban are ALWAYS friendly to west. I tried setting the resistance as friendly to both East and Nobody, but they wouldn't fire on me. Hope you can get these bugs fixed Remo smile_o.gif.

The island is awesome, perfect even biggrin_o.gif.

2 mins of testing showed me that the taliban guys really seem to be a bit screwed up. the technical has a wrong gunnerview and the uaz where 7 ppl can board you cannot shoot them in the vehicle.

that's all i tested

island is very nice i must say

Is the afghano.pbo an update to the one from 2003?

I think I found a little bug, when you try to climb up the mosche by the steps, you get stuck in the building . And you can go through some buildings . I know that is possible with most ofp buildings in some way , but here its like there is nothing.

the island has the best mountains i've seen in OFP, very nice indeed, just one very very annoying feature, most buildings appear as hostile in West and Resistance radars.

most buildings appear as hostile in West and Resistance radars.

I've just done a quick test with a west helo and i'm not getting this error.

most buildings appear as hostile in West and Resistance radars.

Yes I know that, I tried to fix it but didn't succed sad_o.gif I have nothing like this with other building like the one on korean island.

The taliban pack is just a interim update, it need a lot of work to be done, but we decided it was worth to provide it with the map.

by the way I realize that we forgot to give credits for the Toyota pick up. It's from Lt Damage' toyota hilux

Remo

A few bugs:

-When you climb the mosque ladders you climb thme backwards

-Some of the mosque stairs are somewhat imbedded in the mosque wall

-You can walk trough the round thing's on the mosque roof

-certain parts of the map make jeeps go a lot slower ,not due to il or anything ,just some places where the jeep tends to fall into the ground and bounce

-Had some errors when placin some unit's

-The helux jeep it's MG looks bugged when looking to gunner view

Overall a VERY nice map ,i love it's look ,and the buildings are very neatly made ,model and texture's.I also love the house placement in some towns like Jalalabad ,where you have a little labyrint of small alley's around the mosque.Performance is also very good ,probably what i most like about this map ,it performs as well as the normal Everon. smile_o.gif

Good job ,i'm sure this island will be highly appreciated when it's fully finished.

the island is very nice, but the unit pack has loads of config errors or something tounge_o.gif

when i try to place a res taliban squad in the editor they show up in green and not red, despite the fact that i have clicked them to be friendly to east and not west crazy_o.gif

thats my biggest flaw i found.

the second biggie is that when placing the groups or some units they don't have a green little icon to show where they are and when i try to preview any mission with 'em it gives me a error config.cfg or was it .bin rock.gif LAw something and when i deleted all law soldiers i get a error about AT soldier config tounge_o.gif

if i just place out ak47m soldiers everything worked fine but it laget a bit with just two squads of 'em and one squad of laser rangers wow_o.gif

i hope you can fix a patch to the taliban troop pack, im really looking forward to do some missions with 'em and on this island wich is just as good as cat's afghanistan island. smile_o.gif

Remo, you are an asshole for releasing this. You you hear me right; an asshole. I just about to pick up my social life again and now release this island which is so f*^cking great I just have to stay home and play OFP. Damn you for releasing something this good mad_o.gif

What I'm trying to say is; I love it biggrin_o.gif

The island is one of the best I've seen an the best afghanistan island (especially the cities) in OFP right now. I love the colours aswell; not only sand, but also lot's of green (like the real afghanistan)

Congrats Remo! I know everyone has been waiting for a long time for this great map and indeed it is fantastic.

Yeah there are a few building bugs, but they are quite good.

Buildings are very difficult. I know Calm Terror (the main addon maker/editor in my mod) went thru hell trying to make some new buildings for our Sinai map. The geo and fire lod's are a real pain in the ass. So people, don't criticize Remo too harshly on the buildings cuz they are difficult to do well especially the ones you can walk inside of.

Nevertheless outstanding map. Hats off to ya!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yeah

i looked at what he did

he added a "side = 2" parametre on the soldiers thats why it keeps on staying on resistance friendly side. You dont need the paprametre if youve already classed them with resistance soldiers.

Also the class cfg groups he put "side= 1" which i shouldve been "side = 2" since "side = 2" is for resistance

I'll second what Canadian Terror said. The island is fantastic, but the units are horrendous. Plenty of bugs there, and far more PBOs than there should be.

also for the groups

you dont have a class of LAW soldier, only rpg

i love the island

but the infantry need work on cpp

ill fix it up send it to you if you want (the cpp)

Please forget the taleb pack, I know it's not a piece of art biggrin_o.gif

"of the map make jeeps go a lot slower"

Yes that intentional, it's to force vehicules to stay on the roads, I never drive a Humwe in the afgan moutain but I am sur at 150% one can't climb a 45o steep slope at a speed of 50km\h or more, it's a way to give road a sens and embushes easier

GREAAAAT !

I would fly over it but to often i had to land and look :-)

But i have minimum one House as RED Target ?

Only my AH1 was in the Test used

MCP

i can confirm the red target houses, i flew armed littlebirds, and i encountered more than one target in the radar (hostile houses)

anyway this is really one great map, it was long awaited and well worth the waiting, everything fells just right about this map, and i will spend alot of time on it, thank you for your long/hard work on this Remo, and thank you for making your buildings and textures available for other map makers, the new variety is much appreciated smile_o.gif

i am also in the process of making a dynamic mission for this map, first screenshots can be seen in the DMA thread (link in my sig) and in the Dynamic Afghanistan - Delta Force thread in the user mission section