Sign in to follow this  
baff

What Is The Storyline/Setting For the Campaign

Apologies if this has already been asked.

I can see some American units in the screenshots, they look quite recent as they have an Apache.

What's the scenario please and what date will the game be set in.?

What nationalities will be represented and who will the Americans be fighting?

Well the americans will be fighting the russians.. i think its going to be 1985 or something around that time, i may be wrong cos there are LBs but there is a hole new map, and campaign coiming soo biggrin_o.gif

Well the americans will be fighting the russians.. i think its going to be 1985 or something around that time, i may be wrong cos there are LBs but there is a hole new map, and campaign coiming soo  biggrin_o.gif

No, its supposed to be a modern day conflict, but i think it will be fictitious, problably a peace keeping intervention in some fictional island, would be weird if they used the ruskies has the oposition, im curious too hmmm rock.gif .

I wouldnt mind if it was a decent russian side campaign, decent because RH was..well.. crazy_o.gif .

but if not who will we be shooting at then?

I wouldnt mind if it was a decent russian side campaign, decent because RH was..well.. crazy_o.gif .

Nah. Don't think that will happen. BIS don't really like russians. It's a history thing. tounge_o.gif

I don't think it will venture too far from the original.  It may even be the exact same story .  I thought this is pretty much a game engine upgrade. (like Half Life source) I don't want to stretch out the release date due to a single player campaign.  I play this for the MP co-op/CTI  missions.

I don't think it will venture too far from the original.  It may even be the exact same story .  I thought this is pretty much a game engine upgrade.  (like Half Life source) I don't want to stretch out the release date due to a single player campaign.  I play this for the MP co-op/CTI  missions.

Well i would like to see a good number of quality sp missions and a excelent, big sp campaign, because good sp stuff is hard to find, it may turn out diferent to play the original stuff in the updated engine but this new sp material would increase the game value and keep us busy, when we just want to grab a cup of coffee and have some fun without sharing our beloved game with others tounge_o.gif .

the press release mentions a new storyline,.

Quote[/b] ]• Fight for freedom in a new storyline

actaully it all sounds rather wonderful and i cant wait for it to be released.

Quote[/b] ]Brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint*: Armed Assault will reacquaint gamers with the ultimate in realistic, combat gaming.

Armed Assault features a new engine with a fresh modern setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments, blended with a unique touch of total simulation.

Get ready to explore massive environments. Combat intelligent enemies that try to outthink and outmaneuver you. Preserve the lives of yourself and your squad members in the heat of a modern armed conflict.

• Compatible with community created content

• Large selection of playable military and civilian gear and vehicles

• Fight for freedom in a new storyline

• Map covering over 100 sq. km, in extreme detail

• Comprehensive multiplayer support with join in progress

• Customizable game with built-in mission editor

biggrin_o.gif

the press release mentions a new storyline,.

actaully it all sounds rather wonderful and i cant wait for it to be released.

Quote[/b] ]Brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint*: Armed Assault will reacquaint gamers with the ultimate in realistic, combat gaming.

Armed Assault features a new engine with a fresh modern setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments, blended with a unique touch of total simulation.

Get ready to explore massive environments. Combat intelligent enemies that try to outthink and outmaneuver you. Preserve the lives of yourself and your squad members in the heat of a modern armed conflict.

• Compatible with community created content

• Large selection of playable military and civilian gear and vehicles

• Fight for freedom in a new storyline

• Map covering over 100 sq. km, in extreme detail

• Comprehensive multiplayer support with join in progress

• Customizable game with built-in mission editor

biggrin_o.gif

Well it looks like another sp campaign will be included. I wonder if we will see a couple of old friends.. Armstrong, Guba ect.

i really woudln't mind playing as the ruskies, actually i'd prefer to play as them, because it's always nice to fight against a stronger enemy (in ofp anyway lol). I recommend the Retaliation Campaign to everyone, you play as a russian and it's a gbizillion times better than red hammer(maybe better than cold war too) ...sorry bis....i bloody hated the fact that the character i played as was a traitor...to the USA as well...the cheesiest country of all. no wonder he was chucked out from Spetsnatz :P.

Fair enough about czechs not liking soviets though...with the close history and all.

Me too.

I'm very very bored of playing the eternal American hero.

I'm a lot more intrested in Soviet technology too.

The ability to play as a Russian was a real coup for Flashpoint.

Squad insertions via and supported by Hind. Fantastic.

I'm totally dulled out by endless Humvee's and Apaches and m16's with grenade launchers.

They used to be exciting. Now they are just obligitory.

I don't care what the plot is or what the story is about. I just hope that Gastowsky and his sarcastic humor is back (hopefully the same voice too).

I don't care what the plot is or what the story is about. I just hope that Gastowsky and his sarcastic humor is back (hopefully the same voice too).

Sarcastic humor rock.gif .

Haha. What could you expect?rock.gif Of course brave americans fight agains evil russians. biggrin_o.gif

Sarcastic humor rock.gif .

Okay, dry humor then.

I think the reason why so many games are made for you to play as american is because developers and publisher need to sell their game. Most of money comes from USA, where top dollar is being made by selling a game. For instance, the game you buy in USA would cost $40, while the same product in Russia would cost $10 or even $2(if you buy from pirates.....in respect to OFP, all people that I know have licensed copies of this game ) biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Certainly, if BIS would make a game where your primary goal is to kill americans - it won't sell well in USA ==> less profit. And Id doubt there would be high profit in Russia either, since many people, as I know, buy most of games from pirates (unless the cost of licensed copy is reasonable)...

Although, I believe, events in history also play some role when deciding on a plot for the game.

This is strictly my opinion and has nothing to do with BIS or any of its publishers...

Thats an outdated sales myth.

For Every 1 PC game sold in North America, 2 are sold in Europe.

The population of the U.K. alone buys more PC games than the U.S.A.

The U.S.A. is the biggest market for video games. But 7/8 games sold are console games.

The prime market for computer games is Europe where consoles have a much smaller saturation.

U.S.A. is clearly a major market and shouldn't be ignored, but it's not the single biggest.

It would make better financial sense to include national units from all the big intended markets rather than just to focus on the number 2 and whatever number Russia is.

(Global sales statistics based on 2003 provided by Elspa and Unesco)

Well i would like to play as russian or resistance, seen enough games from US point of view. Actually i could pay 10 euro´s extra if the game would focus on something else than those stinking marines.

I think BIS could introduce a new side to the conflict, maybe more sides, like enemy rebels has the oposite of the FIA guys, these would opose the US forces "peace keeping" operations, or maybe they will include more NATO countries has we have already seen a unimog truck, maybe even the aussies rock.gif . Who knows? I think it will be hard for them to make a fictitional modern day conflict, atleast a believable one where the oposition isnt just a bunch of poorly equiped rebel forces, that wouldnt be really interesting... unless we get to play on the rebel side that is tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Heatseeker Posted on May 27 2005,21:13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think BIS could introduce a new side to the conflict, maybe more sides, like enemy rebels has the oposite of the FIA guys, these would opose the US forces "peace keeping" operations, or maybe they will include more NATO countries has we have already seen a unimog truck, maybe even the aussies . Who knows? I think it will be hard for them to make a fictitional modern day conflict, atleast a believable one where the oposition isnt just a bunch of poorly equiped rebel forces, that wouldnt be really interesting... unless we get to play on the rebel side that is .

Just make it a U.N. run war, you'll have all the opportunity for the different sides you want. Start it out as sanctions against some country, guarding the border against illegal traffic (possibly interesting scenarios could come from that), and let it explode into an 'Armed Assault' against the neighbor that is home to the 'U.N. oppressors'.

Yes only sactions usually don't involve military operations. But it will be a good idea to twist it somehow and get something good out of it biggrin_o.gif

So a dictatorship regime in a fictitious eastern country? where the people are opressed and a small oposition works secretly with foreign NATO forces, problably using eastern military equipment bought from Russia? I dont know, i cant imagine the game without the ruskies or the yanks in it, CW was just so perfect...

sry but id like them to keep the marines , im not american but i enjoy playing  with them....lots of vehicules weapons.... i like their soldiers with kevlar vest........

I have nothing against playing as a US soldier. I'm more familiar with "west" weapons than "east".

Here's an idea: Navy SEALs. Train and fight with rebells/resistance. Thats what the SEALs are well known for.

You'll also get a varied selection of weapons from both sides.

Some times you could coordinate assaults with both the rebells and west teams and some times covert ops with only your own men.

I don't think there have ever been a serious game about the SEALs.

blah  tounge_o.gif

In this century then  biggrin_o.gif