Sign in to follow this  

is it worth it

I'd have to say F yeah its worth it, They've got 9 months or so to put some polish on it, it still beats the hell out of buying VBS and I need a stopgap if OFP2 isn't coming out until late 2006.

Everybodys down on the screen shots but its still work in progress.

If the stuff in that gameshark preview is true, about the huge dynamic war going on around you, I'd say its going to be pretty awesome.

P.S if theres gonna be a closed a beta, I think forum members deserve first crack at it.

I'd have to say F yeah its worth it, They've got 9 months or so to put some polish on it, it still beats the hell out of buying VBS and I need a stopgap if OFP2 isn't coming out until late 2006.

Everybodys down on the screen shots but its still work in progress.

If the stuff in that gameshark preview is true, about the huge dynamic war going on around you, I'd say its going to be pretty awesome.

P.S if theres gonna be a closed a beta, I think forum members deserve first crack at it.

Let's make it forum members that have over 1500 posts and that are registered at least 3 years to these forum biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Sorry no beta for you wow_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

AA will be much cheaper than VBS1. It will give us an improved engine, with better grafik. It will run smother with higher settings than we use today in OFP\RES. It will be worth to buy it. But I hope for an expansion version for all that have OFP\RES. Not only an stand alone version, if this will be a fullprice product. I´m not realy willing to pay 50 euros for that.

As long as they don't give them away to fileplanet subscribers...

hey its going to be weird seeing a BIS title in the shelves thats not called operation flashpoint biggrin_o.gif

Its perfect, some would like an expantion but an expantion is limited at what it can update/replace, plus it wouldnt sell...

This will bring a updated engine, improved graphics and models, rebuilt original islands with high res vegetation and its own expantion on the new 100 sq km island, its so much more than resistance was and your all like meh...this will also bring new blood to the game and MP with JIP will be great.

How can you not love it? I want it now smile_o.gif .

AA will be much cheaper than VBS1. It will give us an improved engine, with better grafik. It will run smother with higher settings than we use today in OFP\RES. It will be worth to buy it. But I hope for an expansion version for all that have OFP\RES. Not only an stand alone version, if this will be a fullprice product. I´m not realy willing to pay 50 euros for that.

Haven't you heard of midprice games? It doesn't have to be an expansion to be cheaper than fullprice.

Novalogic is currently selling their Delta Force:Xtreme (terrible name, even worse game IMO), a remake of DF1 with their Comanche 4 engine, at mid price. It has original DF1 missions and a lot of new stuff, plus updated graphics. I think BIS will take this approach to the price, honestly I think it would be a bit of a ripoff if it was 50€. crazy_o.gif

okay then so i think AA is now for the pc as a game and is basically ofp1 but upgraded with new textures, graphics and a new engine.

The thing is my whole ofp directory is way over 1.5GB wich is one hell of a lot well infact now its about more than 2.00GB

So im wondering if its basically ofp1 is it worth buying looking at the screenshots it does look worth but if you think its basically ofp1 wich i allready have.

Just will it have a lot of the same missions or are they releasing there own missions made and campaign.

Only 2Gb? I got 5, and I know I got a veeeeeeeeeeeery small OFP folder compared to other ppl tounge_o.gif

Anyway, AA will be worth it IMO. As long as it costs max what a PC game usually costs, I'll buy it...and I will be very suprised if they want more for it tounge_o.gif And I think most ppl will buy it...as long as it brings something new to the game wink_o.gif

I'm looking forward to at least VBS1 style AI improvements as well as more consistent lighting. If AA has those (very small) details then I'll buy for no reason other than there are no decent military simulators anywhere.

I also don't like the plastic look, but when I was playing Splinter Cell 3's demo, I realized that I could quickly get used to the visual style because of the nice gameplay and smooth running graphics that looked believable (if plastic).

I'm looking forward to at least VBS1 style AI improvements as well as more consistent lighting.  If AA has those (very small) details then I'll buy for no reason other than there are no decent military simulators anywhere.

I also don't like the plastic look, but when I was playing Splinter Cell 3's demo, I realized that I could quickly get used to the visual style because of the nice gameplay and smooth running graphics that looked believable (if plastic).

I think you are mixing up Armed Assault (updated OPFR engine) with the game that is not called OPF2 (real sequel with new gen graphics engine) wink_o.gif , i find it disturbing that so many people are making this mistake crazy_o.gif ..

I will be getting the xbox version + the new pc version + Operation Flashpoint 2.

How more nuts can you get crazy_o.gif

Thats not nuts, get VBS1 complete package for 600€ and rising, thats nuts tounge_o.gif .

Nah, getting original OFP:CWC + OFP:CWC Limited Edition package + Red Hammer Expansion + OFP Gold Edition + OFP:R + OFP GOTY Edition + the whole of VBS1 + everything else of what's to come, that's ultima ratio nuts... I only got OFP Gold Edition and GOTY Edition and, since I was in Prague one winter, couldn't resist grabbing a czech version of OFP:R tounge_o.gif Wouldn't mind getting an OFP:CWC Limited Edition in ammo-box and extra goodies in it... biggrin_o.gif

As for AA, expectations are high but I think whatever won't be met initially... well, BIS can always patch it up and maybe someone can ultimately correct graver mistakes with DXDLL2 or something like that... smile_o.gif

well looking at all thse posts ive decided it must be worth it.

Just a shame that im working on my campaign and when this comes out not many people will be playing ofp1 as much so is there anypoint of carrying on with my campaign

If I get it right we can play your campaign with allied assault. You can use todays addons and missions.

oohh i thought that for a moment then i started to think it was just a game anyway i hope its like that ive put alot of time into this campaign anyway im still going to try and get it out as fast as i can

i´m ready to test your campaign smile_o.gif

If I get it right we can play your campaign with allied assault. You can use todays addons and missions.

You're totally wrong...as Allied Assault is a totally different game...ofp campaign won't work well with Medal of Honor wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Though, the campaign will work with Armed Assault...so shouldn't be a problem...though, you should probaly work some more on it when AA is released...you know, make sure you use the full potential of AA wink_o.gif

As long as they don't give them away to fileplanet subscribers...

i will hope BIS will stay FAR away from gamespy cash drain machine ...

I'm looking forward to at least VBS1 style AI improvements as well as more consistent lighting. If AA has those (very small) details then I'll buy for no reason other than there are no decent military simulators anywhere.

I think you are mixing up Armed Assault (updated OPFR engine) with the game that is not called OPF2 (real sequel with new gen graphics engine) wink_o.gif , i find it disturbing that so many people are making this mistake crazy_o.gif ..

I'm pretty sure I mean ofp 1.5. I'm paranoid too about people thinking AA is "ofp2". However I'll just ignore all the misconceptions before I have a freak heart attack, as the BIS press releases did a relatively poor job of clarifying the situation with Codemasters.

(I thought that VBS1 already had some OPFOR ai improvements, and I swear that AA has even more a plastic look than "unnamed game")

EDIT:: I'm just saying that it would be healthier to take a deep breath, and smile; don't worry about confused people as there are too many people to worry for. smile_o.gif