Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

USN Tarawa pack

Not sure if the moderators will close this thread, as there is another one which is a beta version and has less feature...but as promised and to schedule, here's the completed Tarawa and LCAC

USN Tarawa Static

------------------

Found under empty>objects

Features:-

1. Able to use unofficial(some depending on construction) addons as cargo

2. Cargos are:- heli1 ~heli6       (chopper size)

tank1~tank8      (tank size)

tank9 ~ tank15 (M113 size)

tank16             (LCAC size)

crew1 ~crew3   (man the guns)

crew4 ~crew6    (bridge position)

group1              (1 team)

:-just place the units and name them accordingly as above, either use a trigger or get onboard bridge to send the cargo onto ship.

4. Comes with manifest script for u to alter for second ship.also included 1 placement demo mission.

5. floodlight.

6. Stable platform than moving ship

==========\\===========================

PC USN Tarawa

----------------

found under West>Amored

features:-

---------

1. Moving ship.

2. Full geolod support

3. ability to carry standard addons (some unofficial) and move

4. 3 gun protection.

5.  Cargo space as per static ship but no cargo space for choppers-unstable while moving with some addons.

=============\\============

LCAC

--------

1. can load cargo

tank17~tank18 ( tank size)

tank19~tank22 (M113 size)

2. Adjustable speeds to move on land.

3. Auto adjust speeds when cargos on board

4. Can carry unofficial addons

5. One click support to unload cargo/pick cargo

6. Will intelligently select to unload at sea if slopes too high.

Do check out the comprehensive readme should u wanna use the Ai to man the ship.

This will be the final version and anyone is free to use anypart of it or whole and name it as your own.

Have fun.

USN Tawara pack   2.6mb    7days only. Will overwrite original

Won't get a chance to try it until this weekend, however, I would highly recommend that you get this posted on ofp.info. That way more mission makers will use it. Otherwise, if its not on one of the main OFP sites, it'll sadly be lost in the OFP dustbin of history and nobody will use it if they can't put URL's to the download in missions.

Thanks for all the hardwork Phil! This is a great milestone in OFP and a MUCH needed addon!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

woah, cant wait to get home and try these.

thank you philcomando, this is exactly the sort of groundbreaking work OFP needs smile_o.gif

yeah someone host it on ofp.info! smile_o.gif stuff like this needs to be saved for the future wink_o.gif

lol!..thanks for the kind words. It's hardly any groundbreaking stuff, only just a natural evolution from the efforts of folks here with their postings to push ofp1 further.

If any thinks this is groundbreaking, i believe, ofp2 which is just around the corner is gonna blow yer minds! wow_o.gif What i can do, guys paid to do the job will do a thousand times better.

Anyway i have already sent all my ship packs - cargoship,destroyers, battleship to hoohaman over at ofp info, and probably will take some time to test it out before being hosted.

Cheers.

then i gonna see if i can push it a bit further i made three screens of things i found now, just obvious so as it is a damn work, such a big ship, and not one fall through, i dunno what you have done, but perfect. just one thing i could not find, where can i see the option get in as driver? where do i have to stand?

Screens in a rar file

read the txt wink_o.gif

Thanks Tomislav, for the pics. It seems there are some textures at the superstructure(antenna farm) and hull base pic that were linked to another project of mine, the Japanese Battleship Ijn Ise, and a floodlight script that was link to my USS Midway project. However, it has been rectified and re-zip at the first post for download.

To get in driver for moving ship:-

a.) init:- this moveindriver nameofship

b) go to the flight deck, its about 20metres to the front from the main entrance. ( for static versions, you cant getindriver for its not a vehicle)

Cargo for Moving ship:-

-------------------------

The command for the cargo for moving ship is to use a trigger

[shipunitname] exec "\PCUSN\scripts\cargo.sqs";

Cargo for Static ship:-

---------------------

Command is:-

[shipunitname] exec "\PCUSN\scripts\unofficialcargo.sqs";

(Take note that this script is different and will not attach to ship, so if u used this code for moving ship, your ship will just sail away leaving behind cargo, as static ship is not meant to move)

i'd say that's caused by the scripts with the cargo that are used, mined dropped too

edit: destroy it with cargo in it tounge_o.gif , that's heavy then biggrin_o.gif

I looked at the model quickly in O2 and allmost all p3d parts dont have enough LODS afaik that cause fps drop down I heard a model needs at least 4 or 5 resolution Lods the more the better I heard this from moddelers such as Ebud, SelectThis and other modders wink_o.gif

How can I translate this from italian to english?

"Sto sbavando dal momento in cui ho cominciato a testare questo addon... ho dovuto lanciare un salvagente al mio cane..."

I'm using an internet translator but I'm not sure if it's giving me the right translation. rock.gif

Anyway the meaning it's something similar to:

"WOW! Great work, Mr. Philcommando!!!"

tounge_o.gif

If any thinks this is groundbreaking, i believe, ofp2 which is just around the corner is gonna blow yer minds! wow_o.gif What i can do, guys paid to do the job will do a thousand times better.

Philcommando, I can't tire myself enough lauding you for your excellent work. And just to prove you wrong, if your work wasn't ground-breaking, things like ships firing missiles in multiple positions and a perfect carrier for amphib ops and the LCAC would have already been part of OFP:R or, at the latest, of OFP GOTY, instead of the unusable LST-54 etc... but no, it is you, along with many others, with your "do-anything"-spirit, that makes OFP more and more enjoyable!!! Thank you a million times for this and all your other work!! biggrin_o.gif

P.S.: Can't wait to see what you'll make for OFP 2 biggrin_o.gif

Nice work Phil!

The a fix in the FPS drop would be nice but it is more outstanding your work into such a project!

As for those being paid to create such things they have something called deadlines. They also usually just do what is asked of them. I knew someone who was thinking of working for EA, but when he read the fine print and any artistic, creative, or programming work he does (even outside of work) is technically owned by the company, EA in this case since it is in their contract.

Thanks for the links.

With regards to the framerates, as in the first pic you can see the ship alone will allow 80frames.

However once you put in cargo, you are actually adding additional addons into the ship - 16 tank class objects. If you are using the static cargos, it will be 22 objects, with 30 soldiers focussed particularly on that 100m x 100m spot, so the framerate will drop.

The framerate may even drop lower should you use unofficial addons, as some of them are beautifully made with high resolutions. So a balance is required, as i had already optimize my standalone ship to the highest framerate possible.

Tip:- for those who intend to use the russian destroyer to destroy the ship with moscit missiles, target the gun - espacially the starboard gun pre-config as 'acargo'. Destroy it and you will be able to destroy the ship as most of the amoury and engines are concentrated to the front of the ship.

Have fun

i just got around to testing it. its loads of fun.

cept when i "load cargo" on the tarawa.. cuz using Y2K3 it has the M1A2SEP with ALLLLLL the scripts. multiply that x3 plus the.. what is it? 8 M113s, and the cargo script = 3FPS biggrin_o.gif but its still fun as hell to see smile_o.gif

deffenitly a nice addon.

hey phil remember when i said "you make lots of addons.. some of them are keepers and others not so good" well you owe us some shitty addons to balence yourself out tounge_o.gif

very nice work. our working Naval Fleet for the USN has grown to an LSD, LST, CV, and now LHA smile_o.gif (by working i mean they actualy do something. like u can land and take off from teh nimitz, you can land and walk around on the lsd, you can land and walk around on the tarwa, and the LST overs refuel, repair, and rearm feature althou u cant land on it)

If you have AI manning an LCAC, how do make them use the "lock cargo" thing? SSorry if Im ignorant.

Great work Phil. my marines can now take off and storm the beach in style smile_o.gif

About the old LSD is it a bit smaller the the real thing i was reading its supposed to carry 4 LCAC's

at the time it was created this whole multi-part ship thing was unheard of. noone knew of anything less then 1 model per vehicle. so at the time it was ground breaking stuff