Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

Head model/Face textures

I think we should just wait and see what BIS has planned for the E3. I think that we might get an updated version of OFP which would be compatible with the xbox version. I guess we'll find out soon.

Those who thinks that the head is ugly will offend me personally as people who know me says that it looks like me. tounge_o.gif

@JGreyNemo

I'm not much into scripting and stuff so if you are and find some tweaks to add several different face textures it would be great. Perhaps we can disable the custom faces for the old heads just as they are disabled for women. With such a setup it would work perfectly. It would mean that not all heads has to be replaced at once. Once the addon makers got a working new face system they can add it to future releases or patch the old ones.

Those who thinks that the head is ugly will offend me personally as people who know me says that it looks like me. tounge_o.gif

It's a beautiful head, Llauma! wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

This is how the config looks like now.. The normal face on the left and the wound texture on the right. As you can see most of the faces have the same wound texture.

xicht_b.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_c.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_d.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_e.paa,xicht_e_zranen,

xicht_f.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_g.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_h.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_i.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_j.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_k.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_l.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_m.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_n.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_o.paa,xicht_o_zranen,

xicht_p.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_q.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_r.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_s.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_t.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_u.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_v.paa,xicht_v_zranen,

xicht_w.paa,xicht_w_zranen,

xicht_x.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_y.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_z.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2a.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2b.paa,xicht_w_zranen,

xicht_2c.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2d.paa,xicht_v_zranen,

xicht_2e.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2f.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2g.paa,xicht_w_zranen,

xicht_2h.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2i.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2j.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2k.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2l.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2m.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2n.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2o.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2p.paa,xicht_2p_zranen,

xicht_2q.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2r.paa,xicht_e_zranen,

xicht_2s.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2t.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2u.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2v.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2w.paa,xicht_w_zranen,

xicht_2x.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2y.paa,xicht_a_zranen,

xicht_2z.paa,xicht_a_zranen

Hmmm...

I was looking through the O.pbo cpp and

Under

class CfgModels

{

You find this entry:

class civilistka_head:Head

{

};

This defines the female head.

civilistka_head.p3d

In the original config.bin

class hlavaw:Head

{

};

this defines the male head

Head sections...

class Head:Default

{

sections[]={"osobnost","brejle"};

};

osobnost defines the changeable setface texture, brejle defines the glasses

For facewounds:

class CfgFaceWounds

{

access=1;

wounds[]={"\o\char\faceR01.paa","\o\char\faceR01_d.pac","\o\misc\eva.pac","\o\misc\eva_d.pac"... };

I have to tinker with these.  But just in case anyone wants to have a go.

I did a test with the new suggested texture layout.. Again, it's just a quick map so it can be done much better if you put some time into it. I prefer the seperate eyes, it gives a more life like appearance even though this example isn't done as good as it propably should.

testface1gk.jpg

Again, all I can say is that is impressive work. I too think the eyes would be separate as Llauma said, it gives them a more detailed and lifelike appearance that only matches the quality of the model and textures.

I used to make faces for the standrad heads and the low quality of the eyes really did bring down the overall quality of the face (especially since it just wasn't possible sometimes to make a better texture for them). With eyes like that it doesn't seem like there will be too many problems regarding the quality, and ofcourse once other colors are added it will be jaw-dropping.. smile_o.gif

I will release the head model and the suggested texture layout for those who would want to edit it or something. It still lacks the proper selections and lods. The mapping is not perfect but it's ok.

Head model + test texture

I did a test using a different texture withotu remapping the head. It's pretty good but I need to be more accurate when mapping the eye parts.

testface20rf.jpg

It looks lika a great skinning/modelling of a quite odd looking guy.... hmmm. Very good work, Llauma!

could someone tell an o2 noob how to use?  rock.gif

It's not for a O2 noob to use.. it's pretty useless unless you plan to do something with it.

Woho, thanks llauma, very nice!

It's pretty useless right now but I guess it could be useful to those who plans to make a new head. So instead of making one from scratch they can edit mine.

Those who wants it in game now could use the original textures. Sure it wouldn't look as good as with new textures but anything is better than the original ones.

I was just planning to chg some of the old civils.  wink_o.gif They need a make-over.

That's great.. Can't wait to see the result

fantastic work Llauma, thankyou for bringing it to the comunity, im sure it will fall into a lot of Modeles hands, used for Mods / Own models.

Many thanks

Smiley

I will release the final version with the lods and selections once it's finished.

I took the liberty to add the head to the civil model, and it looks quite good, too good for the body. I got 1 screen for those who want to see how it would roughly look like. The head isn't pefectly placed, and I messed a bit with the shoulders) but you can get a pretty good idea. Looks promising. smile_o.gif

newman0hh.jpg

Looks good.. the neck thing is not really hard to fix, just a simple click and drag job.

Do the facial animations such as blink, talk and the expressions work on this head yet?  Or is it just a static head?

Also... interlaced camera? Why did you pick an interlaced camera? biggrin_o.gif

You need to make the neck shorter and scale the head bigger, I guess.

I dont know if this has been discussed here before but the last few pages ahvent shown any signs so can i ask what implications the release of AA 1.5 OFP will have on this? It seems BIS have a new head/body model for the soldiers will it make this project obsolete in its wake?

This is not meant to degrade your work just asking as it seems you might want to wait and check that out before doing this maybe?

Acecombat

Quote[/b] ]eems BIS have a new head/body model for the soldiers

AA will use head models with textures straight from VBS1. Hope, no troubles will appear with Licence agreements of these two games.

Or... AA will not have open source engine and there will be no possibility to create new addons on its base, only to use old one from OFP.

Not fill up this thread with AA related stuff but what will happen to the addons we've been using with OFP body/head models when we port them to AA will their head/body remain the old ones? That will be a major problem wouldnt it? As addon makers might have to redo all their work or most of it anyway since new body features means better chances of adding more stuff and old might not fit well in.

And i think BIS said AA will be modable by us so i dont think VBS's treatys will work their way in here , we are not buying some milsim but a commercial game.

Acecombat

I don't really know, but it might happen, that AAs soldiers will have their own protected .pbos with head model, textures, config etc, but in data.pbo will be included original OFP head textures.

You must understand, that AA - is a "transit" project. BIS wants to fill the space, while they are working on OFP2. It is not obligitary for AA to have open source engine for addonmakers, a lot of improvements and so on.