Sign in to follow this  
raedor

RHS releases: GRU, SOBR, RFMI, GAZ66, Weapon Pack

when i put some motorized infantary in "redactor" and click preview...the error appear (no entry model special)... and bring me back to "redactor... I download all stuff except SOBR ..what shall i do?

when i put some motorized infantary in "redactor" and click preview...the error appear (no entry model special)... and bring me back to "redactor... I download all stuff except SOBR ..what shall i do?

ermmm. what? rock.gif

too great work!!!

I tested them for few hours, and I must say: you out rated yourselves! I've always thought that Red Hammer Studios are the greatest team in OFP scene, but this is something wow!

Weapons:

I got to agree, there are few bugs in the weapons pack, but those are only in the inventory pics, and that doesen't affect my gameplay.  wink_o.gif If some might say that these look like toys, take a look at the ORCS weapons pack, those look like toys and these look like real ones.

Troops:

just awesome work, I love these! I have been waiting for good balanced russian infantry pack! (ORCS is good looking, but horrible in gameplay as they always win) Great textures on all camos, especially on Flora. The unit model looks great, got to love the head (great work OW), also the hands are probably the best I've seen, atleast best I've gotten to play with! Great idea to include the SOBR, didn't know you were working on one. There are great units for combat fighting and for SF.

BTW: one thing, I would love to see in later versions some winter infantry, like winter motorized and winter GRU's with weapons with some white wrapping. wink_o.gif

Gaz-66:

Great work on this too. Model and the textures look good for truck. I will hope the later versions will include more versions, I would love to see one with ZSU-23-2 "Sergei" on back.

total: 97/100

Hope to see some more from you in later on.

Bye! smile_o.gif

EDIT: are you going to include an AK-74SU in later pack of weapons? smile_o.gif

ermmm. what? rock.gif

I put some motorized soldier in editor on (eg) desert island adn launch the game .... the error ( no entry model special) go on screen and brinb me back to editor , and i can not use this units

Good work, guys. The best USSR-side soldiers ever made for OFP.

Of course, they are not perfect, but... at least good-looking.

ermmm. what? rock.gif

I put some motorized soldier in editor on (eg) desert island adn launch the game .... the error ( no entry model special) go on screen and brinb me back to editor , and i can not use this units

which soldier? are you sure that you installed the weapon pack correctly?

Yes...all stuff from archive ... and i think most problems with officer. Can you name all files wich i shuld have (PBO) in addon folder for Motor. Inf.?

Some bugs on the infantry (hoods and stuff, but they never work anyway so it's probably just the ofp-angine messing around) and the hands look a wee bit small sometimes. And when units just stand without weapons their heads are pretty large. Not that I bother since these are the greatest units made for OFP ever! Shamelessly my first mission consisted in a russian convoy being massacred by rangers. Damn those Hinds! They never engage ground targets as they should! I hope your versions will be able to put suppressive fire on infantry and such. Great work guys, and thank you all very much for this again! These won't go away until you make something better!

Cheers,

Geocider

EDIT: Some pics:

dxdshot11157126141mc.th.jpg

untitled16jc.th.jpg

untitled20ch.th.jpg

Yes...all stuff from archive ... and i think most problems with officer. Can you name all files wich i shuld have (PBO) in addon folder for Motor. Inf.?

RHS_weap.pbo,

RHS_weap_sounds.pbo,

RHS_weappack_scripts.pbo,

RHS_svd.pbo,

RHS_rpg22.pbo,

RHS_RFMI.pbo,

RHS_RFMI_scripts.pbo,

LSR_R109.pbo

smile_o.gif

thx... BTW sumrak GRU is great! I like it more than Gorka

Yeah, the sumrak look just like real fabric! If you look at one of them GRUs crawling you just get amazed! Bloody brilliant.

I think you have to delete the old RHS_Weap.pbo if you have it in your RES/Addons-Folder.

I had it in there and it caused no entry model special-errors

and don't forget the RHS_weap_scripts.pbo

These units are top quality, but to be honest I don't understand all the bugs...still I'll be using these from here on out, will be fun to convert Resistance and Red Hammer campaigns to this. smile_o.gif

I like the Gorka-S camo and the hoods and face masks for GRU, nice touch. The overall technical quality is great.

I'd like to propose some changes, besides the mentioned bugs:

- In the next update to the crew pack, the RHS - Soldiers category could be eliminated from the editor since they're the only ones taking it up right now.

- The 'Camouflage helmet' option could be a hidden selection since it doesn't have any real functionality besides decoration and it clutters up the vital action menu.

- I can't say I like the method of putting the camouflage type after every unit name. The unit names are visible ingame via radio messages and the command view and they can become really REALLY long and break the immersion, a bit funny to see your Resistance buddies in the heat of battle report the fifth "Motorized Infantry LMG Rifleman (Cap) (Leather boots) (Flora)".

I think it would be better to just name them for example MI Rifleman or just Rifleman, with a 2 after the name if they have a cap or something, or a letter like (G) or (F) designating the camo. Better to keep it simple. For example the (Misc) in front of some soldiers' names is a really bad idea too, feels like you're testing something in the editor instead of being immersed in a mission when you see a guy with (Misc) in front of his name. Why not just leave that part out of their names, they still have different names than the others.

(Light Machine Gun Rifleman btw? Shouldn't it be Light Machinegunner or Automatic Rifleman?)

- The rifle sights needn't be blurred from Earl's originals.

- IMO the colour difference between 5.45 mags and the wooden furniture of AK-74 and RPK-74 is too pronounced.

- Don't like the SVD muzzle flash. It looks cartoonish.

- Does the Russian army really still use TT-33 pistols? If they do, OK, but for example the MI officer with cap starts with no ammo for it.

- I liked the slightly sharper sound of the AK-74 in the old crew pack more than the current sound.

- Maybe you could coop with ORCS and use their RPG pack instead? It's really the best out there IMO.

- For example the PK muzzle flash has the dreaded problem of changing colour according to the sun's position, so it can become shadowed like an object, ie. become dark and ugly.

Just some nitpicks, it's still a great pack, now off to play with it ->

About the Aks with scope and silencers... i post soem pics later.

Soem may wonder what you can do to an ak, add RPK mags even drum mags, dozents of scopes, silencers, various underbarrel grenade launchers etc etc...

I even saw pics of a AKM with a added svd barrel used by a GRU operator in chechnya.

About the OSV-96 scope, dont know if its correct, no info on scope availeable so Kenji made this from a screenshot i made from a russian series about Spetsnaz where they used this rifle, but yes it seems a bit strange to me too... well better than use svd optics

Thanks for this release, RHS! It is great!! smile_o.gif

Im sure you'll fix some minor bugs!

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you could coop with ORCS and use their RPG pack instead? It's really the best out there IMO.

well that was the original idea.....well when it was still called SpezNaz Mod (SFM) RPG pack. But then the maker sold it to ORCS since he really needed the money so....But dont fret, we are cooperating with SFM who in the future will release an even better RPG pack, so keep ur eyes peeled.

The crew pack questions, that will be updated in a few days to eliminate the error as well as include them back in to RHS - Man class.

BUt the rest thanx guys for the positive feedback, its been a long way.

@Chip and sovietman

C'mon guys a few bugs in exchange for this?

I would take the barter smile_o.gif and in anycase bug hunting will start today.

About the crew compatibility issue. Crew works but there is a slight issue in it's config, which we'll have fixed and updated ASAP.

I thought that was a good picture too wink_o.gif

Took me awhile to get that good angle, I wanted to get the shot with the tape, I love the look of the tape.

This weapon pack is pretty damn sexy, one thing I noticed though(might be other addons too and may have been already said) is when I launch a grenade from the rifle, I get no sound when it hits. Could it be just a FlashFX mod error?

Tis work guys is really awesome as i think the best infantry pack since a long time i dont mind at all the list of little bugs except the no sound for the vog grenade please solve it quiquly.

congratulation RHS team smile_o.gif

Great work. The only bug I can report so far is the cargo proxies on the Gaz 66 (covered) - some of the soldiers in cargo are hovering above the bench and the way they're sitting doesn't look very natural.

Maybe adjust them a bit?

... best soldier and weapon pack released yet

good work RHS xmas_o.gif ,

minor improvement in next release and it will be super RHS addon.

Does this new weapon pack replace the crew weapon for the t55 pack?

Quote[/b] ]Does this new weapon pack replace the crew weapon for the t55 pack?

Yes it does. Same weapons types just they look better.

One Q, dont know if its been asked. The zoom on the PK scope is well huge.

Anyway, best russians ever. It was worth the wait and now difenltly worth a place in Batdogs hall of good addons smile_o.gif

This is a nice surprise. Looks good. I'll be trying this stuff out later for sure.