Sign in to follow this  
soul23

Black Hawk Down Studios

Hi @ all

Im the leader of the Black Hawk Down Studios.We want create a campaign based on the movie Black Hawk Down.We search any Scripters, Missionmaker, Camscripter and Islandmaker.

Visit www.bhd-studios.de.vu

Or send me a Mail. : niri55@hotmail.com

Greets soul

maybe you can finich of the old BHD island it looks kinda good just nead som fixes

you find it on OFP Base

Edit: English section of your site will look nice ;)

Great island, though the only thing I had against it is the lag..

Great island, though the only thing I had against it is the lag..

think the buildings does not have resolution lods wink_o.gif

I could help, I recently made a BHD type mission called Crash Site, its based on BHD, with the crashed chopper, and there is a ranger CSAR team that has to get to it and hold it untill an evac convoy arives... But yea well I could help, all thats really needed is an island...

yes i create a english section and we create a new island based on sgh mogadishu with new buildings...with olyimpic hotel, bakara market and the target biulding

Well, I can remember from a while ago that many veterans of the original occassion didnt particulary like people making a mod of out BHD. My suggestion is to respect their feelings and just make a mod with maybe some of the elements of BHD but not recreate it as a whole.

"we noticed your critizism, but from our point of view there are mods which are worse concerning their topics!e.g. the invasion 1944 mod!"

Invasion 44 is about Holland, World War 2.The main difference is, so many soldiers participated in WW2 and in single battles. But the battle of the Black Sea(BHD) featured just over a 100 men(on the US side). It's a much more personal thing. It isn't anonymous. And how are you dealing with the soldiers who died there, are you gonna recreate the Shughart and Gordon scene?

So what if they DO recreate it? It isnt disrespect or anything. Most of the public glorifys them as heroes anyways so whats the big deal?

No one had trouble watching the movie , yet in a GAME it is?

So what if they DO recreate it? It isnt disrespect or anything. Most of the public glorifys them as heroes anyways so whats the big deal?

No one had trouble watching the movie , yet in a GAME it is?

agreed

I also agree that its not a big deal. I already made a BHD mission a long time ago. I probably was the first to make a complete BHD mission which also included a Shughart and Gordon death scene where they are overwhelmed and killed as they fight to defend the pilot of the downed blackhawk....its even done in slow motion. Nobody complained about it other then how much lag it had.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

On numerous occassions veterans have let their feelings known about mods of BHD. Read their arguments. I dont think you honor a soldier by recreating his death in a game.

Especially not great ones like Daniel Busch, Randy Shughart and Gary Gordon. In a WW2 or Vietnam or even gulf war mod, it is based on a real war with real people, but it is always on a fictional level, I think you should keep it at that.

And Ace, glorifying? Those men had 18 hours of hell, I think they deserve our upmost respect.

Isn't it just as easy to make a mission/mod where a chopper is downed, but do it in Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan, maybe in another time(present times). At least you can adjust it to the OFP engine then.

i think the events occured in Mogadishu are part of history, and as such should be able to be modded free of emotions, the view on history is different throughout the world, if you dont like it you are always free to not download it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And Ace, glorifying? Those men had 18 hours of hell, I think they deserve our upmost respect.

They arent the only one in this world who saw rough time , plenty others saw even worse and for more time then them , unfortunately the propaganda people have developed around this incident is cultish almost.

Quote[/b] ]On numerous occassions veterans have let their feelings known about mods of BHD. Read their arguments. I dont think you honor a soldier by recreating his death in a game.

And doing so in a movie is ok? Where do you come up with such ridicolous arguments ? WHo are these vets , what did they say? No ones honouring no one here , we are treating this as a historical incident thats it. I dont care what they did or died for , most of the politics and every thing that goes with it is double standardish and hypocritic at best. These guys were up against some heavy odds and gave their life trying to help a friend , i can respect that and thats all there is to it, nothing divine or ground breakingly heroic about it , many others have done the same to some level or another in their life , open Reality TV watch a resuce show or something people worldwide put their life on the line for something out of the goodness in their heart. You dont start worshipping such things or hype them so much to this extent when you start making foolish comments and oxymoronic at best. No one has problem with the movies but in game its all tears crazy_o.gif .

The difference between a movie and a game is very big.

Would you like to play a game of the JFK, Gandhi or Martin Luther King assasination? I hope the answer is no.

Would you like to see a movie about those assasinations?

Probably yeah, because it gives a new insight in an important event.

It was important a movie about october 3rd 1993 was made. Because many people saw it as a shamefull defeat, without knowing what happened. This gives a new insight to the event and gives long-due credit to the people who fought it, by making it as accurate as possible. Since the movie was made, there wasnt a propaganda machine(in your eyes there is a lot of propaganda, maybe cause you're used to every media thing being propaganda, poor SA) backing the movie up or glorifying it. It was hyped by many people in the gaming community because it's the only good movie about modern day combat.

But hell, I can't stop you, if you want to make a mod of BHD, go ahead. At least do some research on the role of the 10th mountain division during the event, as the movie does not show that well. 10th mountain did a great job that day.

"This gives a new insight to the event and gives long-due credit to the people who fought it, by making it as accurate as possible."

"Since the movie was made, there wasnt a propaganda machine"

Couple of things buddy,

An accurate portrayal of the battle? says who? an AMERICAN Media organisation? funded by a prodomanantly AMERICAN market......erm yeah right, im sure the somalians were thinking of doing a film about thier version of events....

and lastly there is always a propaganda machine mate always has been always will be thats just what countrys do. For the same reasons the americans got thier soldiers to go to the back arse of nowhere to get shot at and the same reasons that people will talk to the death on these forums about how honourable and brave thier countrys soldiers are. remember there are two sides to any conflict whether its in the school yard or wars on an epic scale, there are two sides.

Yes, and the book specifically goes in on those two sides.

Many paragraphs feature a portrayal of the somali situation, from several points of view. And do you know how the book was finally put together? The book was put on internet and every party who was involved had their word on it, to make it more complete. What bloody propaganda machine intervened in the making of the story? Bruckheimer's movie company never had any influence on the story.

In our free nations the press is not a propaganda machine for the government, remember that little fact.

Quote[/b] ]The difference between a movie and a game is very big.

Would you like to play a game of the JFK, Gandhi or Martin Luther King assasination? I hope the answer is no.

Would you like to see a movie about those assasinations?

Probably yeah, because it gives a new insight in an important event.

There is little difference between a movie and game , in the movie you see actors perform something which you wanna see , in the game you do it yourself.

Assasination and war are two different things i hope YOU know that? Dont try to steer away and detract the argument here , no one wants to see or play an assasination because it wasnt a justified act , same could be said about war but usually when it comes to soldiers and both are armed and fighting there is little shock among people over that in assasination it isnt.

This argument lacks sense.

Quote[/b] ]It was important a movie about october 3rd 1993 was made. Because many people saw it as a shamefull defeat, without knowing what happened. This gives a new insight to the event and gives long-due credit to the people who fought it, by making it as accurate as possible. Since the movie was made, there wasnt a propaganda machine(in your eyes there is a lot of propaganda, maybe cause you're used to every media thing being propaganda, poor SA) backing the movie up or glorifying it. It was hyped by many people in the gaming community because it's the only good movie about modern day combat.

The movies script was cleared by the Pentagon before they even began filming , the studios required lots of help from the army so ofcourse they cleansed the script even if it had a little bit of dirt in it which could have portrayed the americans wrong , i mean FFS there wasnt even one single shot fired by an american which was wrong or landed on a civilian , show me one battle in such claustrohpobic envoirnment where this happens crazy_o.gif . It was in a way propaganda at best and didnt portray the true events.

Whats my origin got to do anything with this argument? You going back to your kkk roots again eh Ranger44? Cant have a simple talk without slandering the other person because he comes from a different place eh?

Quote[/b] ]In our free nations the press is not a propaganda machine for the government, remember that little fact.

Thats a load of BS. Its done everywhere to some extent either greater or less. No country in the world is immune from this. Just watch right wing news bs and who needs govt controlled media then blues.gif .

To sum this up not many people except a select few have any problems with BHD style missions featuring whomever so whoever doesnt wants it close yuor eyes and dont d/ld it.

You have to love this..

people who beleive BHD is anywhere near the truth, when the two guys who were there talk on the commentary on the DVD basically saying "that's not right." "that's not how it happened."

I love it becuase when 18 americans die, they're heros and must be preserved as such, but when double, or tripple that number die in any other war, who gives a shit, as long as they're not american. rock.gif Twin Towers is a good example of something similar.

You have to love this..

people who beleive BHD is anywhere near the truth, when the two guys who were there talk on the commentary on the DVD basically saying "that's not right." "that's not how it happened."

I love it becuase when 18 americans die, they're heros and must be preserved as such, but when double, or tripple that number die in any other war, who gives a shit, as long as they're not american. rock.gif Twin Towers is a good example of something similar.

i disagree with ranger, but who should be the hero in your example jaguar?

Quote[/b] ] In our free nations the press is not a propaganda machine for the government, remember that little fact.

- Donald H. Rumsfeld went at the movie premiere !! unclesam.gif

- somalians are shown in this movie like brainless running chickens

- there is also some kind of censor in the us , obviously because trans nationnal companies owns the biggest press groups , so in fact you have no idea of what's is really going on in the world .

Welcome in the real world mate !

blues.gif

Ace, I aint nowhere near any KKK-root. Biggest BS ever seen.

You just keep bitching so much about the west, i wonder if you realize that it isn't always candy and flowers down where you live.

The book wasnt cleared by the Pentagon, because the book was released way before work on the movie even started.

There have been tweaks on the story but not many.

Offcourse BHD wasnt spot on, but as it is dramatised it cannot be. As said, you would have to make an 18 hour movie to be correct. Not everything in live is a conspiracy.

View the movie with the vets commentary and you got a pretty complete picture. Read the book of Eversmann and some other veterans about the incident, and you got an even better picture.

Quote[/b] ]I love it becuase when 18 americans die, they're heros and must be preserved as such, but when double, or tripple that number die in any other war, who gives a shit, as long as they're not american. Twin Towers is a good example of something similar.

Firstly, they went on a mission with a goal to make a better country of Somalia, any man that goes on that sort of mission deserves respect. Same goes up for all the soldiers who went to Bosnia and the many other countries.

Secondly there is also the media focus, if a US soldier dies in Iraq. The news coverage on that is trying to resemble that of the Vietnam era. But Iraq is not Vietnam.

And honestly Jaguar, do you actually still sometimes think of the people in Darfur, Sudan? When the tsunami came, the media focus went of that, but it's still happening.

Quote[/b] ]Same goes up for all the soldiers who went to Bosnia and the many other countries.

Bosnia

vietnam

irak

chile

bolivia

ecuador

colombia

venezuela

afghanistan

Cambodia

thanks to america all these countries are so pretty place to live.

you should'nt talk about what you don't know.

and i guess that would be then enough with the off topic spam here wink_o.gif