Sign in to follow this  
marcusjm

Mount & Blade: PC RPG.

you can find the new version here. It's a nice, fast mirror.

Thanks! Can't wait to try it out biggrin_o.gif

I cannot get any Ctrl + X cheat to work...

They all work as usual - remember to turn them on in the config.

Anyways, it's great fun - and figthing several parties at once is great! You get some pretty big fights right at the beginning already.

@Ofpforum:

No, none of the mods is compatible with the new version. The devs initially stated that v. 0.800 would be little more than a graphics update, but it seems they put in a lot more than they were letting on. The module system has been rewritten and compatible mod tools haven't been released yet.

The new version offers tons of previously unseen possibilities, many of which haven't been fully investigated yet. One such new feature is that props can now actually take damage, see the dummies on the training grounds. Essentially, this means that destructable walls and gates are now a possibility biggrin_o.gif

Btw, has anyone with an Nvidia GFX card managed to get the reflective water running? Or environmental shadows, for that matter?

I've got a weird situation where Marnid and Borcha, who are in my group, just all of sudden disappear. They don't die in battle, but we'll be traveling in the map, and they just leave my party. Very frustrating, because then you can't get them back, and I paid 50 denars for Borcha tounge2.gif

You should upgrade to 0.803 (links can be found in the forums), this should fix all the bugs introduced in 0.800. The reason why 0.800 was so buggy is because the team had partially developped a lot of new features which had to be rolled back.

The best part is: the new module system has been developped! Judging by a quick look, this version makes a whole lot of new features possible: siege engines, destructible walls, new large creatures (ogres in the LOTR mod, perhaps even dragons!wink_o.gif and many other goodies. Too bad I'm rather shite with Python... Guess I will have to wait until the pro's get a-workin'. smile_o.gif

You should upgrade to 0.803 (links can be found in the forums), this should fix all the bugs introduced in 0.800. The reason why 0.800 was so buggy is because the team had partially developped a lot of new features which had to be rolled back.

The best part is: the new module system has been developped! Judging by a quick look, this version makes a whole lot of new features possible: siege engines, destructible walls, new large creatures (ogres in the LOTR mod, perhaps even dragons!wink_o.gif and many other goodies. Too bad I'm rather shite with Python... Guess I will have to wait until the pro's get a-workin'. smile_o.gif

You bastard...you're making me think about getting this game...like I don't got enough to spend my time and money on confused_o.gif

I should stop popping into this thread if I want to keep my money crazy_o.gif

Yes yes, I got the serial next to me now, only costed me about 100 NOK, which is a horribly fair price for what seems like a good game...happy? icon_rolleyes.gif

Quite happy, thank you. biggrin_o.gif

The game's cheap as dirt because it's still a beta. As you know by now, purchasing the game at this moment entitles you to all future patches as well as the final release (which will be twice as expensive). 14 EUR incl. CC fees is very cheap for a game, no reason not to get it smile_o.gif

Where do I get food for these buggers? I got dried meat, ale and dried fish...but I keep getting a message when traveling that the party got nothing to eat... crazy_o.gif

Aaah, just found a topic about it...I have to place the damn food in the food slot yay.gif Maybe I'll eat my horse whistle.gif

Umm, can anyone tell me if there is a story in the game yet or not? I mean, I've done loads of missions for the counts and such, but I'm bored of doing the same old "Get me X sumptan horses" etc missions, so what now? Is there any neat place I can go to move on?

There is no real story yet. Guess they keep that one to have something special for the final release.

So far you can just fight for this or that faction (or none as well) and rise in their ranks, but htat's about it...

Of course you can download one of the many mods once they become available for v0.80x, e.g. the StoryMod (chaeck out the respective section of their forum).

Ditto what whocares said, the earlier versions of storymod were awesome so I can't wait to give a try to the next take on it.

And while people might find the lact of an actual storyline boring, I kind of like it, no romanesque last minute face off or flip flop, just good old butchering of barbarians.

I generally play for the Swadians ... they've got the better looking stuff than the vaegir peasant biggrin_o.gif and some of them kind of look like 14th century french knights biggrin_o.gif

Yes, to some extend the lack of a story is neat, but after some time it becomes more like playing Counter Striker vs bots, the same thing over and over...though it has a lot of potential, and it seems to be a bit like OFP, very modable, which is good...I mean, for me, the game can survive long with just new units yay.gif And of course, the simple fact that it's just a beta makes it rather impressing. Just have to wait for a mod to be made compatible with the newest version pistols.gif

But lets look at the bright side, now it's a tad bit less tempting to waste my exam reading time by playing computer...maybe I'll get through the last 4 chapters in my mathsbook by monday after all then yay.gif

You can still get version .751 from the main page, and most mods are still compatible with that. I especially recommend The Last Days (LOTR mod) and Storymod, which introduces an excellent plot, new units and a crafting system (craft your own armour, weaponry, rear horses, fletch arrows, make primitive gonnes etc.).

Incidentally, does anyone remember the great rpg "Darklands" from 1992? Well, it appears that some very talented people are making an actual port of that game to M&B. The new module version makes a lot of interesting things possible...

For all fans, there is a new version out, v0.890.

Mount&Blade version 0.890 is out!

Quote[/b] ]After a very long wait, version 0.890 is finally ready. Actually, it would be nice if we could work on the new version a little bit more, but we didn't want to postpone the release any longer. We hope to release new versions more rapidly from now on.

You will realize that version 0.890 is radically different from older versions...

As usual, I didn't maintain a proper changelog for the new version. I apologize for that, but I am looking forward to you guys discovering the new features, since that's so much more fun for me than giving you the list....

I'd suggest to use the Torrent for the download - much faster than the other options (I tried each icon_rolleyes.gif )

There is no 'official' changelog, but a thread dedicated to collect the findings:

New Version change list (.890)

(the list below is just a personal collection by one user! )

Quote[/b] ]*Ragdolls for soldiers and horses upon death. (You can toggle it on / off in options)

*Generally smarter AI - great improvements

*Attitude meter in dialog window

*Strategy window in battle mode

*Wiki like pages on map

*New way of recruiting soldiers

*Factions system drastically fleshed out - Swadians, Vaegirs, Nords, Ho-, Khergits.

*Better map graphics

*Bigger map, higher movement speeds

*Generally faster mounted combat

*Quick battle option from the main menu

*Sieges

*Map shows the current year

*Fiefs (owned by player)

*Lots of new quests

*Rolf and Ymira - new heroes

*Parties are lead by heroes

*Lots of villages

*Bump maps (Put to great use, at that.)

*LOD system (Level. Of. Detail. -- Improves performance drastically)

*Bigger battle maps (in combat)

*More detailed lighting system

*Better skyboxes

*A few new items, armours, weapons and horses

*Lots of new scene items and generally beautifull scenes

*Faction and player heraldry

*Animated heraldry flags on the map

*Credits featuring the forumites as well

*Looting, pillaging and sieging in the campaign mode.

*Battle size goes up to 72

*Scouts giving info in several taverns

*Walking NPCS in towns

*Accesible dungeons

*Fleshed out tutorials (+New text display)

*Better commanding/ordering system

*No more dancing in battle (units that are ordered to Hold position, to Follow or Archer units.)

*Archery is improved, reticule problem fixed.

*First person mode is improved, camera moves along when you are killed or knocked unconsious etc. (Key is now R as well)

*Map features a compass - The sea is the north

*Kill count and other statistics seen from the wiki style page.

*No more padded cloth neccesary for Marnid.

*Defending units are reported to stay put and really defend in battle rather than march straight for your party.

*Map edge improved

*Dual-core support

*More menu backgrounds

*In battle maps are calculated more efficiently. Cliffs are rough and have a nice rocky texture for example.

*Water looks even better now.

*Shallow water on the map is passable.

*River pirates are stronger.

*Bigger parties over all.

*Renown system. ('fame'. Lots of renown will open doors for you)

*Morale system. (Morale affects speed on the map)

*Third (allied) parties are reported to join and help you out in battle.

But be aware, the new version also has its issues:

.890 Bug List

Thx for sharing info WhoCares.

I guess I skipped some of the older updates, but looking at the list I definately have to reinstall the game....now...where do I have the key again... smile_o.gif

quite sure that after one or two patches this 'new' major version is kickass ...

atm i fight several of these glitches ...

quite sure that after one or two patches this 'new' major version is kickass ...

atm i fight several of these glitches ...

Well, patch two is now available and as the programmers go on a short holiday the next version will take at least a short while  wink_o.gif

Mount&Blade version 0.892 is out!

If you have v0.890 or v0.891 you can just download the patch (~16MB), any previous (or no) version and you will have to download the full version (~115MB).

Only saves from v0.891 are compatible with this patch. (but you can always export you character in your current version and import it in the new one)

2004952648910985019_fs.jpg

Just (again) escaped from lousy river bandits... smile_o.gif

Lance is terrible weapon in horseback. If i could just keep my hired troops alive for longer than 1 or 2 battles. I my self am tuned guite nicely: good horse, good lance and good two-bladed axe inlove.gif

I haven't had this fun for a long time in RPG.

this is one of those games in which you just don't mind starting over after new patches. At the current patch, it's just to easy to make money -loot the Fiefs! Will be great when they port over the major mods ie. Battle for Sicily with it's excellent economic model.

Gear up laddies version 0.9 is out!

-New Map

- Improved AI Combat

-Books !?!

-Quests

-Cow herding and more...