Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Deltas/Rangers/Weapons 2.0 Released

about mission with these, i have one in the making , it uses the classic earl n suchey marines assault pack as russians and mapfact airport stuff and also baracken addon and the old kegetey editorupdate smile_o.gif

im right now tweaking the mission and thinking about custom sounds and music right now, most of the core is done and briefing and gear selection is working and all.

For those people whom it works , can you tell me what mod combination are you using while loading OFP with these troops? I wanna see if thats the problem? Maybe some of us load some addons which these troops require and therefore are ok while some dont.

okay here's the combo!

Quote[/b] ]"C:\Program files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@EDITORADDONS;@Islands;@AIRCRAFTS;@MAPFACT;@JAM;@LSR;@HYK;@SANC;@BAS;@MAP

where editoraddons are the kegeteys editor addon , agent smith industrial pack, harbor pack, city pack, farmland houses and objects pack, and something else, Islands.. well its all kinds of custom islands i got like 20'ish or so of 'em so  tounge_o.gif

Aircrafts are footmunch planes and some other planes as hawk c130 and the other c130v2 and martins aircrafts and chopper addons, mapfact.. yeah kind of speaks for itself  biggrin_o.gif

JAM well there is jam addon got it separeted when i once felt a big need to add jam hd weapons to SEB nam pack vietnamese soldiers  smile_o.gif  LSR , yeah the laser addons go there, ruskies and deltas and stuff like that, Hyk , yeah the hyk troops, SANC its sanctuarys patrol anims mod folder , Bas yeah bas addons there like choppers , islands , deltas so on, and map goes for marines assault pack the classic earl and suchey stuff  smile_o.gif

haven't had a single crash using these units yet, but im trying to figure out some good script usage for the radio operator being able to call in a CAS from a cobra or drop in a ammo crate in a parachute with lsr weapons & ammo but i don't know much about eventhandlers and so tounge_o.gif

It's working now. biggrin_o.gif

@AC;

I'm using FFUR.

I replaced ALL the copys of the old version in all my addon folders.

I've got most of EVERY addon out there.

@Commando;

That's good to hear man!

I can't wait for it!

Great pack, superb modeling, excellent textures. Good job, Laser and whoever helped. smile_o.gif

Little nitpick, seeing like you go after maximal realism, I tought I'll let you know that AFAIK, Rangers are not allowed to customize their weapons, which implies that desert Rangers should not be armed with camo-painted weapons.

One other thing... why, oh why have you armed all of them with handguns? Everytime it comes to a CQB situation, the Artificial Imbeciles (my AI squadmates) switch to handguns and get slaughtered in a secong by any enemy armed with AK47. So for now I end up removing their handguns everytime I start the new mission.

But these are just 2 little inconveniences, as I said before, overall it's an outstanding addon. smile_o.gif

error:

NO ENTRY CONFIG.BIN/CFGWEAPONS/M16GRENADELAUNCHER.DISPLAYNAMEMAGAZINE

Help!!

yeah, alot of people are gettin this error...im sure a fix will follow soon...

i 2 have a problem with the handguns.... Man its just a ofp problem.. cuz i wouldnt put them on the rangers.. but i would have them on the delta's. Is there a simple script to how far you have to be for the handguns to engage? Ai sucks with handguns anyway...

it appears that the shadows of these units are a bit "fuzzy". Is it a problem with my computer or is it part of the addon?

This sucks , i get a .model/special error.

I think these errors are produced when some addon requires another to run it right and that one is missing. I got all the stuff so whats missing? I got JAM aswell but i didnt even play with the JAM ones i tried normal soldiers and error still  sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  mad_o.gif .

your missing out

it only requires jam

dunno why you have these problems

your the only one i think so far that cant get this to work

maybe you have an old version somewhere in your mod folders or conflicting with some old modified addons

tripple check man tounge_o.gif

Ace, you need to redownload and reput the addons, when you were downloading something corrupted them.

@ the guy with the shadow problem: It's on my PC too don't worry.

Hmm I only get that error when I use it w/y2k3.

i checked the weapons cpp and know the cause of the m16 grenade launcher problem

there was a ammo mistake on the m203 define of ammo instead of "grenadelauncher" laser put "m16grenadelauncher"

just trying to help

About the .model/special error:

This means the soldiers you placed in the editor or mission needs a model (often a weapon-model) that is not defined in a config. Most of the times this means you are missing an addon.

If you downloaded the entire pack than you most likely have an old version of the LSR weapons or soldiers somewhere in your addonfolders. Because the v2.0 pack has a lot of new weapons and soldiers, the old version will prevent you from using those.

check you addonfolders!

I HAVE CHECKED my AddOns folders!

Theres no conflict there , i DELETED my previous version of LSR's addons just like i do with every new addon that comes in i delete the old one.

I even deleted the old TACTEvents.pbo i thought maybe that was causing it. Still no go.

@Sniper: This has nothing to do with data corruption , winrar tested them and no error recorded and they came out fine so its an addon fault i assume.

Will i be ever able to run these addons or not? Seems everythings in order but some people get error and some dont. I am really hating this ... sad_o.gif

well, sorry acecombat, but that's simply not possible.

This error can only happen when you have two pbo's with the same name that conflict with eachother or that have the same classnames defined in the config.

Since all weapons have the LSR-tag it can't conflict with (the config of) an other addon uless you have an old version of the LSR_uswp addon in you addon folder. Or you don't even have this addon at all, but than you would have an error message at the beginning of the game aswell.

All the soldiers also have the LSR-tag, so this also can't conflict with an other addon., unless you have older version of the pbo-files somewhere in your addon folder.

So with respect; check you addon folders again and chack that you have all the required addons and all the pbo's that were supposed to be in the pack.

i 2 have a problem with the handguns.... Man its just a ofp problem.. cuz i wouldnt put them on the rangers.. but i would have them on the delta's. Is there a simple script to how far you have to be for the handguns to engage? Ai sucks with handguns anyway...

Oh that absolutely pisses me off... That is probably one of the biggest frustrations I have with OFP.

I tried to have a unit in my squad (who is armed with a sniper rifle) shoot a guy about 200m away, but he took out his damn handgun instead!

Arrrgghh....

There are obviously ways around it, but it shouldn't be like that.

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>FOUND THE DAMN CULPRIT</span>

YEAH ! biggrin_o.gif

Guess what its one of Lasers own addons which conflicts but its not LSR ranger/deltas as was being insinuated , its LSR's VDV troops and probably their weapons. PBO names:

LSR_vdv.pbo

ICP_rfwp.pbo

Dont use those *insert loads of swearing here* with these guys it gives the .model/special error i just tested it.

I was planning on using these addons together for a little mision but it seems it wont work , back to sucheys stuff i go .... crazy_o.gif .

I noticed in the config.cpp of the lsr_uswp.pbo

For several "class M203Muzzle : GrenadeLauncher" the following

Quote[/b] ]magazines[] = {LSR_m203grenade, LSR_m203vest, M16GrenadeLauncher, Flare, FlareGreen, FlareRed, FlareYellow, JAM_M433grenade, JAM_M433Vest};

On the BIS config, M16GrenadeLauncher is a weapon, and its

class M203Muzzle : GrenadeLauncher has the following

Quote[/b] ]magazines[] = {GrenadeLauncher, Flare, FlareGreen, FlareRed, FlareYellow};

Maybe using M16GrenadeLauncher instead of GrenadeLauncher for all those lines in the config.cpp of the lsr_uswp.pbo is the cause of the M16GrenadeLauncher error message appearing in startup everytime.

First, thanx to Laser for this excellent stuff!

LSR Rangers will lead the way!  smile_o.gif

But I have the same problem like other guys here:

noentry17rx.jpg

To make clear which Addons are in the addons folder look this:

laseraddons10up.jpg

No other custom addons are in the addons or res/addons folder.

I consequently made modfolders to avoid addon conflicts.

My Version of OFP: GOTY patched 1.96

First "real" bug I found: the M1911 pistol is not aimable. Bullet hits approximately 1 m above the front sight.

Maybe you can correct that in a future update.

I noticed in the config.cpp of the lsr_uswp.pbo

For several "class M203Muzzle : GrenadeLauncher" the following

Quote[/b] ]magazines[] = {LSR_m203grenade, LSR_m203vest, M16GrenadeLauncher, Flare, FlareGreen, FlareRed, FlareYellow, JAM_M433grenade, JAM_M433Vest};

On the BIS config, M16GrenadeLauncher is a weapon, and its

class M203Muzzle : GrenadeLauncher has the following

Quote[/b] ]magazines[] = {GrenadeLauncher, Flare, FlareGreen, FlareRed, FlareYellow};

Maybe using M16GrenadeLauncher instead of GrenadeLauncher for all those lines in the config.cpp of the lsr_uswp.pbo is the cause of the M16GrenadeLauncher error message appearing in startup everytime.

quoting myself, because like i suggested i replaced every occurances of M16GrenadeLauncher by GrenadeLauncher in the magazine=...... section of each M203 muzzle class definitions of the LSR_uswp.pbo config.cpp and there is no more error message about M16GrenadeLauncher.

Why some people said they have no problem is a bit strange.

really strange why some people get loads of problems and i get none, my mission even worked with the updated deltas, intresting about that the vdv forces would give error, i had

LSR_naval.pbo, LSR_gru.pbo and LSR_rfwp.pbo addons also loaded in the LSR mod folder togheter witht he deltas , rangers and i haven't had any trouble at all.