Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Deltas/Rangers/Weapons 2.0 Released

Correct. The SCAR that you can see in the pictures is an early prototype. It will probably still change a lot. The SCAR looks but-ugly right now and no SF-dude want to be seen with it. It doesn't match their Oakley-goggles. smile_o.gif

great work as always Laser!

is there any possiblility in the future of adding some units carrying laser designators? i couldnt find any in the latest release, so maybe its something to consider.

cheers

Help! I can't figure out if I've done something horribly wrong, or there's been a change in v2.0, but my fellow Delta guys won't heal each other. I've reinstalled all the LSR_<whatever> files, and still the same. The BAS guys still heal each other, so I don't think it's the game. If this is true (and I've tried it on two different installs), I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.

Am I crazy, or is my search (both on the forum and in the game) for "Heal" in vein?

Only the CSAR medics have the magic healing capabilities smile_o.gif

Help!  I can't figure out if I've done something horribly wrong, or there's been a change in v2.0, but my fellow Delta guys won't heal each other.  I've reinstalled all the LSR_<whatever> files, and still the same.  The BAS guys still heal each other, so I don't think it's the game.  If this is true (and I've tried it on two different installs), I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.  

Am I crazy, or is my search (both on the forum and in the game) for "Heal" in vein?

if you want everyone to have healing abilities

add this parametre to the config.cpp on every unit

attendant=true

Ruff, thanks for the tip.

And I've seen the CSAR guy, but then you need to add him to a group now. This seems to a) kind of mess w/ older missions, since they can be set up to not have a medic, and b) not necessarily the most realistic set up for Delta. Since the whole point of Delta and SEALs is small unit tactics, and they're all trained in combat first aid, seems like adding the attendant back in for the update would be "better."

Of course, this is just a game, and even more importantly, a free addon that is top-notch. So I only say this as a suggestion to Laser. Ignore as you see fit.

I really like the ranger CSAR guys..their good stand ins for PJs until we get some (hint hint laser biggrin_o.gif )

Ruff, thanks for the tip.

And I've seen the CSAR guy, but then you need to add him to a group now.  This seems to a) kind of mess w/ older missions, since they can be set up to not have a medic, and b) not necessarily the most realistic set up for Delta.  Since the whole point of Delta and SEALs is small unit tactics, and they're all trained in combat first aid, seems like adding the attendant back in for the update would be "better."

Of course, this is just a game, and even more importantly, a free addon that is top-notch.  So I only say this as a suggestion to Laser.  Ignore as you see fit.

i added that parametre to all my laser deltas aswell

i prefer it, all operators are said to have advanced training in first aid anyways

bug found on weapons

the lsr_jam_socom doesnt have a biefing pic

Really great work Laser, definitely the best west soldiers I’ve seen.

However I’ve encountered a rather annoying bug which only affects dedicated servers “invalid texture aspect ratio (512x32)†sorry if this has been brought up before but it’s a major kick in the pants to anyone wanting to play mp with these wonderful units.

sad_o.gif

yeah after playing with them for awhile.. i must say the Rangers (S) should have the night vision goggles added.. but i lvoe them so much.

Alright, men, large number of bugs has been already addressed, and i can assure you that the patch should be released pretty soon. It would be a simple one-click patch file (as Voyager says... major thanks to him), so you would not have problems installing it.

Alright, men, large number of bugs has been already addressed, and i can assure you that the patch should be released pretty soon. It would be a simple one-click patch file (as Voyager says... major thanks to him), so you would not have problems installing it.

Awesome, can't wait!

Good news, indeed. smile_o.gif Really looking forward to use the new version in our MP battles! biggrin_o.gif

One word or question about performance, nevertheless. Are there any plans to improve the performance of this really nice looking units?

Some of you might have played my mission Leaves in the wind where there are about 30 Rangers (version 1) engaging the enemy. That cost something about 10-20 FPS. So there was no chance to use some of the nice looking russian units (more than 100 units). sad_o.gif  I'm sorry about that because I'ld really love to use all that units in some tough combat.

No offence meant! I was just wondering since we have some discussions on the performance issue in our forums.

This units are simply the best, but i'm also geeting the error message:M16GrenadeLauncher error message appearing in startup everytime. But all units work great they are top work!

I salute you. wink_o.gif

@ May 12 2005,14:23)]Good news, indeed. smile_o.gif Really looking forward to use the new version in our MP battles! biggrin_o.gif

One word or question about performance, nevertheless. Are there any plans to improve the performance of this really nice looking units?

Some of you might have played my mission Leaves in the wind where there are about 30 Rangers (version 1) engaging the enemy. That cost something about 10-20 FPS. So there was no chance to use some of the nice looking russian units (more than 100 units). sad_o.gif I'm sorry about that because I'ld really love to use all that units in some tough combat.

No offence meant! I was just wondering since we have some discussions on the performance issue in our forums.

Did you try to replace Deltas with original units?

Lag isnt caused by Deltas but by overall number of units on the map.

BTW Laser, glad to hear the news about update. smile_o.gif

Lag isnt caused by Deltas but by overall number of units on the map.

Okay, of course does the number of units on the map influence the performance. You're right with that. And more units means more lag. But the number is not the only thing to cause lag.

Just give it a try yourself: place a number, maybe ten or twenty original BIS West soldiers on desert island and watch out for the FPS (either with the dxdll or with fraps). Then go on and change the BIS grunts into Lasers Ranger or Delta units and again check the FPS.

I'ld be very surprised if you won't notice a difference.  wow_o.gif

OK, managed to find that bugging 512x32 texture... didn't know it would cause MP problems though... sorry, but i don't have an ability to play MP, so i missed this at first. Please let me know if there are more MP bugs, i'll try to fix these.

The units may slow down some systems since the poly count is pretty high for close distance LODS... that's why i added so much LODS (as many as BIS default units have) and that's why shadows look so crappy sometimes - i'm saving FPS where i can. I thought somewhat crappy shadows would be a better tradeoff for performance than the loss of overall detail.

Now, i can pretty sure say that there will be one more weapon included in the update (though possible a bit later) - Syphboy's P226, since i have his permission. Now a little quiz - which unit does use this sidearm instead of usual M9 (hint)? smile_o.gif

OK, managed to find that bugging 512x32 texture... didn't know it would cause MP problems though... sorry, but i don't have an ability to play MP, so i missed this at first. Please let me know if there are more MP bugs, i'll try to fix these.

The units may slow down some systems since the poly count is pretty high for close distance LODS... that's why i added so much LODS (as many as BIS default units have) and that's why shadows look so crappy sometimes - i'm saving FPS where i can. I thought somewhat crappy shadows would be a better tradeoff for performance than the loss of overall detail.

Now, i can pretty sure say that there will be one more weapon included in the update (though possible a bit later) - Syphboy's P226, since i have his permission. Now a little quiz - which unit does use this sidearm instead of usual M9 (hint)? smile_o.gif

SEAL's use them as fare as I have heard. Are you also making SEAL's?

STGN

Laser... the texture ratios for dedicated servers and ofp should be no more than 8x...

hence 512/32 is a ratio of 16.... check your texture sizes carefully to make sure they dont break the 8 barrier

@Messiah:

Thanks a lot. I wasn't aware of that. I've checked the texes and found only one such texture, i've resized it to 512x128 and now it should work OK.

@STGN:

Got me there partner smile_o.gif Modern SEALs units though... haven't got enough info on 90's SEALs. And possibly SEAL Team 6 in Nomex flight suits. As far as i remember BAS promised to make these, but never did in fact, i think it wouldn't hurt if i took up this objective...

w00t w00t Seals?!! wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Laser you rules if you make the seals and the patch gets released to about the rangers tounge_o.gif ´that explains why i had a little little performance issues with my mission that i have been working on to fix in mp tounge_o.gif

well i got the special laser & marine version of the mission done, then i have the almost no addons version done , but im still working on a special version where russians are the news rhs one's and with laser deltas, but it will feature a sort of different playstyle too. the deltas got some objectives and the russians got one job and that is to stop the deltas wich they don't know where they are biggrin_o.gif

maybe the mission will be nice for online coop groups or clans or anyone else that wants to have a objective but watch out for some other players in the other side too ghostface.gif

Great news about the seals Laser wink_o.gif

If you want i can send those to you Laser m8 wink_o.gif

image30zl.th.jpg

image50mv.th.jpg

image85zt.th.jpg