Sign in to follow this  
-HA-kgb-cccp

Transparent Water by Voyager

Voyager has published some interesting verions of his transparent water on Flashpoint.ru

[ig]http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/37/files2/40893_1.jpg[/img]>100kb

40893_2.jpg

[ig]http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/37/files2/40893_3.jpg[/img]>100kb

40893_4.jpg

Download and screenshots here...

Instructions:

1) Unpack the installer into your OFP root directory...

2) Run it and press the install button, this will create a new folder called OWPW in which it will create 3 folders, making basicaly a copy of your bin folder with some sligh modifications or w/e, an addon folder as well as 1 other folder.

3) Now in order to run this addon you again run the .exe file, chose the type of water you want, eg. transparency 1, 2, 3 or 4, and then you press run OFP.

4) Enjoy smile_o.gif

*Note in the process you should put your settings on view distance in accordance to what you have set otherwise it will glitch.

Does this work with Keg's reflective water? If it does, then OFP water is complete!

No idea unfortunately, but I doubt it... cause on what I've talked to the authorm it either reflects or it is transparent, because of how its made where its now an object I beleive...

Can't get it to work... when I launch the mod after it's installed in the OFP directory, I just get strange lines in the water, more like noise actually. When I run it like it tells me to, I get a "Wrong version!" error... can anyone else get it to work?

It worls here when I choose OWP water variant 2 to 4, but with horrible lag even on desert island and 1 unit rock.gif

To reduce the lag thought I beleive u just have to change the view distance in the water during installation...

this is not modifying any files it creates own OWPW mod folder.. but you can only launch OFp with water through exe file.. after install there will be RUn Water.. but if you put it like... -mod=FDF;OWPW it will not work..

well congradulations cuz as of right now your the only one that seems to be able to get it to work  crazy_o.gif

tried integrating it into Y2K3 no luck

tried it by itself, standalone, no addons except OWPW no luck except that dispite the fact that i had no transparent water, my ofp crashed randomly  crazy_o.gif

edit: ok the post above me explains all that

kgb-cccp @ April 22 2005,02:11)]Well donno mine works fine and I haev a P3 866 biggrin_o.gif 256 Ram

Strange... I have an AMD 2000+ with 1024Mb RAM and it lags like hell even with visibility set to 500 and matrix size to 9.

This is sweet. I use AJ OFP Launcher and no problems at all. The best part is when a explosion happens the debris floats around in the water. smile_o.gif

Here let me provid instructios...

1) Unpack the installer into your OFP root directory...

2) Run it and press the install button, this will create a new folder called OWPW in which it will create 3 folders, making basicaly a copy of your bin folder with some sligh modifications or w/e, an addon folder as well as 1 other folder.

3) Now in order to run this addon you again run the .exe file, chose the type of water you want, eg. transparency 1, 2, 3 or 4, and then you press run OFP.

4) Enjoy smile_o.gif

*Note in the process you should put your settings on view distance in accordance to what you have set otherwise it will glitch.

*Bug (cant be fixed)

- When flying a plane you cant see the water. sad_o.gif = Desert Island Revealed. (+ every other island) tounge_o.gif

*Bug (cant be fixed)

- When flying a plane you cant see the water.  sad_o.gif = Desert Island Revealed. (+ every other island)  tounge_o.gif

if u fly with an AH64, BMP2, Small Car, A10LGB or M2A2 it wont work

it uses a script to initiate. and they only modified the orginal config, the rest are 3rd party addons that use 3rd party eventhandlers.

until they find a way to initate this some other way

i fear not many people will use this due to 3rd party addons.

Hm will u be able to intigrate this into a mdd though if you can create a single config...

I got it to work and loved it. I was reading the other posts and admit that I only tried it with a soldier on desert island. Can't say that I too won't have the same problems. Like many others, I use a mod folder or two to play. But like it says at OFP.info this is a beta version. Can't wait to see more of the feedback. Keep it up.

I've talked to the author thought, and he says for the next little while he will not have time to work on this, but if I can I'll get someone to continue this project...

kgb-cccp @ April 21 2005,22:43)]Hm will u be able to intigrate this into a mdd though if you can create a single config...

no i cant. i can make them work with "default" units

but you make a mission where player is a custom addon, USMC pack, footmunch airplane, hell even your own trucks. they all have custom eventhandlers. custom eventhandlers dont read base class eventhandlers

the way to run this would be to somehow find a way to make the script create the water thing (im too tired to see exactly how u did it but i have an idea from the script names) from any unit.

right now, its my understanding the script runs for the "player" if the script doesnt detect if the unit-a running the script is an AI unit the script probably ends correct? well find a way to "init-once" and run it from an AI or player. because no matter what mission is made on wahtever island theres ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS a BIS unit SOMEWHERE on that map. and if u can find a way to make any unit, AI or player activate the water creation then it should work 95% effectivly without "missing water"

and forgive my simple-solution mind here but umm has anyone attempted to make the default anim textures transparent? rock.gif

or what about the orginal water model? obviously you put a model inplace of the old one, cant we use a skypack-like installer to replace the orginal water model?

[HA]kgb-cccp watch your filesizes please smile_o.gif