Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

Found it, it is included in the EffectPack.pbo by Vitja3000 and is included in FlashFX

Sniper Skull, please please turn your anti aliasing up!

biggrin_o.gif

hahah thirty helped me fix that... im new to the dxdll stuff  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

i want to get rid of that edgy stuff too sad_o.gif

is it doable w/o having AA set to 16x ?

You can try upping your resolution, but even 4xAA will look good.

llauma yeah release it but can you make it Geforce4 mx440 compatible if it needs something that my graphics card doesn't have?

llauma yeah release it but can you make it Geforce4 mx440 compatible if it needs something that my graphics card doesn't have?

The reflective water can't be made MX compatible as the MX doesn't support pixel shaders. Totally impossible.

All I have done is to make a small 256x256 black & white texture. Here you have it.. Nothing fancy.

I like to use maximum bumpmap strength with it. Just replace the bumpmap in dxdll\textures dir with this pic. I suggest you backup the original texture.

waterbump.png

llauma... thats excellent - makes water reflections look much better smile_o.gif

It possible to use without DXDLL too right?

No.. it's just a different bumpmap which DXDLL uses.

@Messiah

Thanx.. it's still just the first version so it can propably be improved. Adding some noise could be something maybe..

You can try upping your resolution, but even 4xAA will look good.

thanks, but i already tried AAx6 & AFx16 (+ the omega drivers fancy stuff) and it still looked shitty ..

resolution wise i cant go higher than 1200x900 because of my monitor crazy_o.gif

it seems i need to get rid of that stupid rad9500

maybe ill go for nvidia again, browsing through old pics i got the impression that picture quality is better on ´em..

Awesome. But is it just me or does post-processing kill my AA+AF?

Postprocessing is just incompatible with antialiasing, it should not affect anisotropic filtering though.

From the DXDLL thread..

Awesome. But is it just me or does post-processing kill my AA+AF?

Postprocessing is just incompatible with antialiasing, it should not affect anisotropic filtering though.

From the DXDLL thread..

i know, thx.

but looking at some peoples (supposedly unedited) pic´s you dont see any jagged edges at all, there must be a workaround

Have you disabled postprocessing?

It makes my card look like an MX440!

@Parvus;

Why the hell do you let US troops use british vehicles your last pic? Most of the times you are completely correct in your pictures, but this one is wrong.

The 'Urban-T' camouflage was tested in the 90' by the USMC, but was never approved. It was even used in a big excersice called 'Operation Urban Warrior 1998'.

During the (international) excersize the 'Urban-T was used by the USMC and RNLMC (Dutch Marines). But the normal woodland and the woodland pattern in grey colours (the urban camouflage that you can buy in the shops) was also used.

edit;

hmm, I could have made a mistake, but at least it was used in the 99 excersice 'Operation Urban Warrior 1999';

http://www.tvrphotography.com/Content....6_l.jpg

@Parvus;

Why the hell ...

i was interested in colour settings; who can guess that there are sooo many experts here ... smile_o.gif

@Parvus;

Why the hell ...

i was interested in colour settings; who can guess that there are sooo many experts here ... smile_o.gif

HYK Urban? Did I miss something?

Never mind, found em.

Have you disabled postprocessing?

It makes my card look like an MX440!

yep, i play w/o postprocessing most of the time .. at least for picture making it´s essential

I am an idiot.

You wont hear me say that, but if yo think so I won't be the one to say otherwise tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

@Parvus (& King Homer);

Ok. I'll forgive you. It's just that it looked strange to me, but indeed I proabably know more about this stuff than 80% of the forum members.

It's a nice picture, though. But it would have been nicer if it had an LAV25 in it, instead of that silly british vehicle (silly in RL, I mean; the addon is very good).

That 432 Chassis with Rarden turret was never used, ever tounge_o.gif

So aye it is silly.

Bloody amazing pics Parvus, how do you get that lighting effect like you used on your CSLA screenies?

Bloody amazing pics Parvus, how do you get that lighting effect like you used on your CSLA screenies?

Thx smile_o.gif - its a combination of the right day/night time and some ingame light effects like carlights and/or shooting lightning ... thats it;

ahah, thought it might have been, nice one, I'll have to experiment biggrin_o.gif

Hind....

...Or Stinger?

FDF 1.3/DXDLL/Automn Nogova/HYK US infantry/CSLA RIP

Where to get those AA launcher animations?

They are some of my anims i did for OFP Photography.im not planning to release though sad_o.gif