Sign in to follow this  
kerosene

ROC mod - new release

Its on gamezone.cz they've got lots of screens up and they look like theres been loots of improvements.

I really liked Operation Guardian, its a mini-campaign.

MOD Name : ROC MOD 3.01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. ROC MOD 3.01 made by Operation Taiwan Workshop (OTW).

2. This is an unofficer addon, it's nothing to do with BIS or CodeMaster if any system error when running this addon.

3. All addons from OTW are free for using in your own missions and campaigns.

4. Do not use any addons in commercial way.

5. If anyone needs to modify any parts of this addon, please contact us and ask permission from us.

Copy Right

This addon belongs to OFP Taiwan Workshop (OTW).

MOD leader: AndyLee054

Config: AndyLee054, Robin Lo

Models: AndyLee054

Script: AndyLee054, Robin Lo

Kinmen island : AndyLee054

Matsu island: Robin Lo

Taiwan island: AndyLee054

Textures: AndyLee054, Wolf-Sniper, Icecain

Missions: AndyLee054, Robin Lo, Konamo, Icecain

Special Thanks

1. G8 MOD for the authorization of remodeling F16 and retexture it for ROC MOD.

2. Remodel permission for C130 from Capt. Moore.

3. Remodel permission for UH1H from SelectThis

3. Remodel permission for Su-27 from Iva [bKM]

4. Remodel permission for PLAs Type-98 MBT from Sigma-6

5. Patrol animation file from Dreamy Knight

6. Specail Thanks for the translation help of Taiwan 2002 campaign by Morphine (Chris Handley)

Important !

If you have ROC addon 1.4 or before (for 1.46 or before), you need to delete the older addons

Because of they are not compatible with this version.

The files that you should delete as belower:

AddonWeapons.pbo

ahtw.pbo

china.pbo

civisoldier.pbo

japan.pbo

rmtarget.pbo

roc_armyroct.pbo

roc_m2a2.pbo

roc_officers.pbo

roc60mortar.pbo

roca.pbo

rocaf.pbo

rocair.pbo

rocairborne.pbo

rocammojeep.pbo

rocberet.pbo

rocberetb.pbo

rocboat.pbo

roccarrier.pbo

rocm113.pbo

rocmarine.pbo

rocmk19.pbo

rocmp.pbo

rocmraf.pbo

rocpolice.pbo

rocpolicecar.pbo

rocr.pbo

rocs.pbo

rocsabo.pbo

roct.pbo

roctrainmag.pbo

t57a2.pbo

t65k2.pbo

t68.pbo

t75m.pbo

t77.pbo

t86.pbo

tm57.pbo

tma90.pbo

tmp5.pbo

If you have ROC addon 2.0, you need to delete the older addons

Because of they are not compatible with this version.

roc.pbo

pla.pbo

civisoldier.pbo

twkm.pbo

twkm_obj.pbo

folder : twkm_anims

Addon Requires

This addon needs OFP Version 1.90 or above. (Resistance)

Contact us

If knowing any bugs or other further questions, lease contact us

via the following Email address as below:

andylee054@hotmail.com

Or you may come visit our OTW site : http://otw.jmfoz.idv.tw/

Enjoy it.

do i need ROC MOD 3.0?

anyway great news from over there

fight for your independency smile_o.gif

Im at 592 kb/s on that filefront server and its still rising.

wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Sweet!

biggrin_o.gif Thats cause there are like 8 servers in different places all mostly unused by OFP. Um this readme is great but I think its missing some parts lol.

Thanks for interest in this MOD.

You don't need the old one, just install the new one and it will overwrite the old one.

We made lots of change in this MOD, specailly we added bayonet fighting system in for it.

We added a new big island named 'Taiwan' which size in 512*512.

Also we made a new mini campaign for this version too.

Cheers.

biggrin_o.gif

roc_mod301.JPG

Excellent. I loved the earlier versions of this mod. I can't wait to check this out after work. And three campaigns! It's worth downloading for that fact alone.

Brilliant!

Wow Taiwan is a kind of huge island.

Can't wait to try it out

Nice work ROC mod team! biggrin_o.gif

This mod comes with EXE installer, that is so lame. I wont install such thing. I'll pass this mod until they make rar package out of it.

I have to make one (kind of negative)comment on this release.

Couldnt some of the vehicles have been replaced by newer 3rd party versions and just retextured? Theres no need to remodel everything as its mostly US equipment thats been done by other groups but this uses mostly BIS models (not even retexed).

Considering its like the 3rd or 4th beta.

I do like this mod (dont get me wrong) and have always followed it's progress but theres more attention put towards things like officers than the armour/vehicles/air.

IMO

Has anyone had any bluescreens with this release? I crashed a cobra into the ground, and the second it was due to explode, the computer crashed, just a blue screen with no text.

I didnt have any custom configs enabled, but I do have a lot of miscellaneous little things in my main addons folder.

Normally I test these things out a little more before bringing them up, but this my least favorite kind of error.

Right now, China is theating Taiwan with military force if they clame independence.

A link between the latest news and the mod? blues.giftounge_o.gif

Right now, China is theating Taiwan with military force if they clame independence.

A link between the latest news and the mod? blues.giftounge_o.gif

make a campaign out of it smile_o.gif

dude, no offense to taiwan, one of my best friends from boarding school was from tap. BUT, be realistic, it would be an awfully short campaign if china ever invaded taw.

dude, no offense to taiwan, one of my best friends from boarding school was from tap. BUT, be realistic, it would be an awfully short campaign if china ever invaded taw.

Yep. They wouldn't stand a chance.

By the way: Why haven't they fixed those truely AWEFUL weapon textures? I think they should prioritize this for the next release, or possibly use some other addons to go with it... The Chinese rifles and such could be replaced with those from that Chinese pack that was released some time ago. But if they insist on doing it themself, they should fix the weapon textures. That was the only thing that really 'bothered' me about this mod. Otherwise, good job.

Well, Everon and Malden wasn't very big either (even smaller then Taiwan)

and they still got a big campaign out of it.

The effects from the world after an invasion would not be good, so this campaign would be long if you want it to be.. long.

Edit:

Lets say this campaign start with this new law China has made and the first thing that happens after this is that a Taiwanese (?) tanker is hit by a cruise missile and sunk.

Nobody knows who autorised and fired the missile but things looks dark between Taiwan and China, becouse Taiwan thinks it's a Chinese pre-invasion tactic (News about the Taiwan-China conflict on TV, like in Splinter Cell)

China denies this until they had enough of Taiwan, complaining, and attacks without warning.

First wave of military aircrafts attacks Taiwan's communication, troops and tanks lands at the beach line between Tai-shui to Hsin-chu.

The goverment of Taiwan flee over the mountains to T´ai-tung, gets flown out of T´ai-tung to Japan.

UN, EU, USA and the rest of the world is demanding the Chinese goverment to withdraw it's troops from Taiwan before they use military force.

Most of Taiwan is taken after 48-hours of fighting, rest of the remaining army flee to the mountains and make camp west for Ch´eng-kung-chen.

Map (Taiwan)

bla bla bla.. I'll come up with more soon wink_o.gif

This mod makes a nice refreshing change playing as an oriental type thing! Andy lee thanks for your effort and hard work

Well, the models/textures aren't the best I've seen (didn't test actual military though), but the widespread content of the pack balances it.

About Taiwans areas... Wouldn't want to live in Quemoy if things get hot...