nettrucker

Too Young To Die Campaign release

Hi everybody!

Even we ended out on place ten we would like to thank everybody who was involved in the MEC 2004. We hope there'll be a sequel.  

We would like to announce just one thing

Yes here it is. We are finally releasing the ----Too Young To Die --- campaign . At a certain point I thought we wouldn't be able to make it... to terminate it.

But the fact that Too young to die entered the Mec finalst Top Ten gave us the strenght to finish what had been undone. We would have liked to release a much bigger campaign with more missions but it was impossible. We've put a lot of hard work in it and we sacrificed  all our freetime we had. It was naturally our choice. Now she F+++++g hates me. With this campaign we want to give our contribution to the OFP community .

I was reading lot's of posts about topics concerning missionmaking. They are so many different opinions about how a mission' s supposed to be. You'll never do it right to anybody.We didn't  use any addons apart of Kegetys Editor & Object addon. It was our decision not to use any addons even  I saw a lot of good ones on various sites. A Hi to all you fantastic addon makers. It was also  kind of  a challenge to create a story without using the newest addons. Some of you might hate us for that. You see .. can't make it right. For Toy and me the essence of Operatrion Flashpoint is the mission. Hell thats why we bought the game for. To play the missions and the campaigns. That's fun.  We hope you guys have as much fun playing this campaign,as we had making it.

All events are based during Cold War Crisis. You will be part of the retreat on Malden.The main caracter is Alex Rico. A guy who joines the corps because of the loss of a beloved person. You'll meet inside the campaign Koslowskis brother, Rico's best friend who joined the army to watch his younger brothers back who's involved in some action together with Armstrong.You will find out more playing it. Inside this campaign are 7 missions and some cinematics Sometimes you won't find any briefings because nothing has been planed. Pay attention to Radio HQ when transmiting coordinates, mostly you gotta get you bearings yourself. I've beta tested the missions and I had lots of fun playing them, you need more brains than guts to survive this. So far everything seems to work perfectly and we couldn't detect any bugs.Some missions are very hairy . But I don't want to reveal too much.

Mission Requirements:

To play this campaign you need OFP Resistance - Upgrade 1.96 . We never tested it on a previous version. A high end computer is recommended to run it. I run a 1,4 ghz and sometimes I'm in crisis so be advised folks.

OFP Resistance &Upgrade 1.96

Supported Language: English

Audio : - Custom sounds

- Custom speech & radio files

The big filesize of the campaign is due to an enormous number of speech, radiomessages, Special FX Sounds and others...

Addons included (217 kb)

Any feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who played our mission and if you liked it, spread the word. You can download our Too Young To Die Campaign at OFPEC.

It' s still in the pending Campaign category, Here's the link:

http://www.ofpec.com/missions/mission_detail.php?ID=1269

To the next one.  biggrin_o.gif

• Like 2

I'm on the second mission, good job. I appreciate that you made voices for the campaign too. One thing though: you should work on the brefings a bit more because they lack all the objectives and it's hard to know what's going on and what to do on some points. You shouldn't rely on that the player has time to read the side radio chatter in the middle of a battle. But otherwise great work, thanks for this rare treat!

Hi King Nothing.

You're the first one who's making some critics. We appreciate that As for the fact that you're up to the 2 mission right now I can only say that in the first mission you got no briefing, because you're taken by surprise, things are developing very fast in the middle of the battle. It wasn't logic for Toy and me revealing things that are about to happen.  You are under a surprise attack and you need to follow orders given by your commander via radio. I know it's not easy In the heat of combat paying attention to radio, (especially for people who are not an english mothertongue and might don't understand very well english). Well nevertheless u certainly got a point on that. But we had to decide to do something not logic in our eyes, or to stick with a certain standard of mission design, where everythings perfect Well we decided not to write a briefing when nothing has been planned. I hope it won't be impossible to play this campaign for the lack of some briefing in certain missions. In any case it's not that we don't have missions without briefings. Go ahead playing it and u will find out. Thanks for replying man. biggrin_o.gif

I understand totally but actually I was meaning that you could do it so that new objectives will appear as the player progresses in the mission by the objstatus command. This way the player will always be aware of what to do next by just opening up the briefings. You won't give anything away about what's going to happen if you keep the future objectives hidden at the start of the mission.

I'm not whining of course, just helping you to make this fine campaign even better. smile_o.gif

Yeah , okay I know what you mean by now. I'll point this one out to TOY. If there will be any updated version we'll consider your suggestion and change it. Thanks for replying. biggrin_o.gif

Im still on the first mission. This campaign looks of very high quality smile_o.gif

I Appreciate your hard work.

Alright nice start, i get to the 2nd place not the DC but after it and for some reason, it says mission failure!? (I aint mentioning the town name incase it spoils it tounge_o.gif )

First mission and intro made quite an impression on me. This campaign is very high quality. Good job. Voce acting, atmosphere and custom SFX are excellent. I also like the slow start of the campaign. All conversations and tedious jouneys gave me time to get in the right mood before the action started.

Hi Stealth3.

Glad you enjoy it and it was indeed very hard work to get everything together. It took us a long time just to make it. We never had anyone who beta tested it so we appreciate any comment about stuff we could have done better. We had fun too, first creating it, and second testing it. Let us know what u think once u finished it. Cheers mate.

Hi Rommel.

After the attack started you receive a radiomessage from your commander to get to "Delta Outpost". And you don't have much time to do that, after a certain amount of time passed, mission failes (If you loose your bearings it's gonna be a mess). We made this on purpose you got to obey orders. Yes a soldiers life can be hard sometimes biggrin_o.gif

You're not supposed to go to Vigny as the major part of the retreating troops. Give it another try. Hope you like it. biggrin_o.gif

Hi nomesine.

Yeah we like the atmosphere too. And we don't mind at all this slow start to the first mission The suspence grows constantly.We're always hooked by a good story and following mission. Keep playing, we think you gonna like it.

biggrin_o.gif

Thanks ExtracTioN.

We would if we could. During the making of Too Young To Die, our social life was reduced to nothing. TOYs girlfriend will send him to hell if we start on a new thing. It took us so much time to create just this mini campaign of 7 missions, we don't dare thinking of how long it would take to make a real big one with 30 missions or so. We released this campaign because we love OFP and it's our contribution to the community. In any case we're glad you liked it, and thanks for posting. Cheers m8! biggrin_o.gif

Great campain u got here im playing it quit some time now.

Lots of work on this.

Though, its lacks on briefings and on some key points on map.

an exemple Im on the 5fth mission, "to young to die" and I dont have clue what to do... I steel a BMP, shot all soldiers, shot down a Hind, but still there r 1 KA-50, and 2 T55, hunting me. The only thing u say on brefing is: Escape from Malden

Hi Matra.

You probably downloaded and played the 0.1 version

We already uploaded an updated version on OFPEC. We received already some feedback and suggestions to work more on briefings and objectives.

Some things we fixed in the updated version

Several bugs found and fixed in "RECON".

Hidden Objectives and fireffects added in "Patrol St Marie", (We updated the objectives in the briefing, now you're supposed to know exactly what to do and where to go). The same in "Invasion".

Strategic Guide for "RECON" and "ESCAPE" Tactics we used to complete the missions..

Added some ingame screenshots

Well when we started working on this campaign we had a certain point of view, on how it should be, playing it.We tried to create a realistic atmosphere. First mission there was no briefing because you were taken by surprise. All information you need is inside the mission via radiofiles. It seems to confuse people. The situation evolves when playing the missions. If you pay attention to some details you can find every information you need. That' s how we saw it in our first version. I must admitt that we took a slight diversion to standard mission or campaign making. We got some real low points in the overview when "Deep Coast"(MEC Finalist mission) has been reviewed on OFPEC. Because we didn't use an ingame screenshot like everybody else does. We put an odd picture with no description. We just wanted to make some different things. Now in the updated version, everything you are ordered to, is now a hidden objective and it's supposed to appear in your map.Same thing we did with mission number 2. It's not that we are unable to make good briefings. Deep Coast has a very extensive briefing.But for your disappointment in "Too Young To Die" remains one single objective "Get the hell out of there" But how you do that? You got to figure it out on your own. You're alone on Malden, noone's left, only the enemy. There's no radio contact with head quaters, no one who can help you. You are alone and lost. Try to transfer yourself in this situation.You don't know where exactly you are. The enemy is chasing on you they don't let you breathe and in all this mess you are supposed to find something you know nothing about. What would you do? Well if I give you an objective it would spoil all the atmosphere and the tension we tried to create BTW, there is one hint in the beginning of the mission. Look don't give up, retry once again because we did this mission on purpose just the way it is. We're sorry for that mate. Thanks for replying I hope you like it at this point to give it another try. BTW do you find the missions hard to complete?biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Ok thanks for your reply.

I know I have to escape, when I get out of the Island by sea or air the mission is complete?

The first mission was realy hard, but great, so r the others, but my favorite till know is the 1st ;)

EDIT: I pass it tounge_o.gif , I wont tell how because of hte spoiler.

Glad you passed it. There are still 2 missions to go. Have some fun man. Cheers biggrin_o.gif

Hi everybody. biggrin_o.gif

I'm TOY and we discovered a pretty mistake in the last upload, of our campaign on OFPEC.  crazy_o.gif

First of all we want to thank all you guys for commenting our work, the positive and the "bad" ones, which helped us to improve the quality of the campaign. smile_o.gif

There's still one mistake in "Patrol ST. Marie". We wrote in the update that we added the objectives as hidden, but the last two ones are visible from the beginning which bugs us quite heavily. It happened because I was working on this update 'till late at night. It was a stupid mistake in the update of the init file, I made because I was too tired. ghostface.gif As we don't have much time on our hands, we worked for two years on this campaign, nearly every evening, sometimes until the next morning. We do realize that a new update is quite a difficult story, due to the big filesize. But we worked real hard to get everything perfect and now this one, it made us really angry. sad_o.gif I hope there won't be any problems with a new update and upload, hope that this time it'll be the last.

Thanks for your understanding.

smile_o.gif

A high end computer is recommended to run it.

You're right about needing a high end computer for this one. My somewhat less endowed machine lagged incredibly bad. I didn't even get through the first mission at the beach. I was hit by machine gun fire three or four times and dropped like a sack of potatoes before my PC ever caught up.

Oh well...I'll file this one away for future play when I upgrade.

Hi PopUpTarget!

We're sorry you can't play it in a smooth way. Furtheron we don't know what your Computer specs are. There are lots of things moving in our campaign, and for this reason it is very RAM demanding. We're sorry you downloaded this heavy filesize campaign and that you're unable to play it without lags, but we advised everybody about it. Anyway once you've upgraded your system give it a try. Thanks for commenting mate. smile_o.gif

The thing that really budges me is "hello this it radio message number xx" after each radio message.

Hi void_false!

Quote[/b] ]The thing that really budges me is "hello this it radio message number xx" after each radio message.

Man you make us really scared, this is a real bad news. We never encountered such a thing when we Beta tested it. May we ask, if you d/lded the 0.1 or 0.2 updated version? What are your language settings? Thanks for this bug report mate.

Does anyone else had this bug when playing our campaign? Thanks for replying. crazy_o.gif