Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Star Wars mod

Did u ever manage to get the file?  I've posted another file that has the Millenium Falcon, A-Wing and Y-Wing.  The A-Wing and Y-Wing both have changeable color schemes, either by the user changing them in-game, or by presetting them at the start and using a variable to keep the user from changing them.  The color choices are Red, Blue, Gold and Green.

Here's some pics:

01falcon.jpg

02awingred.jpg

03awingblue.jpg

04ywingred.jpg

05ywinggold.jpg

And here's the download link:

FYI, I'm updating these a lot, so the final will be different.

@SciFiPatch.zip

BTW, the zip file is set to be extracted to your root OFP directory and it crates a mod folder named @SciFi, so you might need to move them after unzipping them.  These ships are mainly meant to give the TIE Fighters more competition in conjunction with cell7's excellent X-Wing.  Hopefully someone will come along and create something much better.

hot damn!!! those fighters looks mean in ofp!!!.....with shadows on em, its gonna kick some realism fans' ass!!! wow_o.gif

the Awing won't load for me sad_o.gif

the Ywing stalls too fast for me confused_o.gif

the milenium falcon.. well, I already told you that cockpit is on the wrong side! tounge_o.gif

if you fix those (atleast the first two) issues I think you'll get more mirrors biggrin_o.gif .

and I also have a suggestion: animate the exhausts wink_o.gif it looks allot better.

Oh, and ofcourse.. nice work! biggrin_o.gif

The A-Wing won't load for you?  What's happening?  We've been playing missions with these on my server for the past week.  BTW, I know the Falcon is backwards, but I'm not going to worry about it since there's a far better one in the works, and this is just a stop-gap for us to enjoy until it's done.

I've been thinking of animating the exhausts, but I'm not sure what would look good.  Most of the SW ships have glowing engines, but not really flames or anything, so I might just give them a glow like Cell7's Xwing.

Also, the Y-Wing stalling is just OFP physics.  I intentionally made it slower and hard to control than the A-Wing and X-Wing because it's a bomber and heavy attack ship.  It also has a lot more armor than either of those ships.  It's counterpart would be the TIE-bomber.  I'm also considering a B-Wing, but I'm not sure how best to animate it yet.  BTW, if you use the Aux Power then you can regain some speed.  Just don't try to climb completely vertical.  I did have the max speeds on some of these ships up pretty high to keep them from stalling, but then in coops I would find that the AI ships would have flown all the way across the island before I even got into my ship, so I dropped the max speeds back down.  It also helps with MP lag.

As for mirrors, I'm not too worried.  I have a 45mbps FTP that these are on, and I also have a Dual T-1 FTP on a different network I could also use.  Plus, these are meant for fun for those who enjoy this and they can now be used to dogfight Aca's TIE's.  BTW if you want a completely balanced set, you can get this file:

ftp://addons:corn@208.63.124.254/@SciFi.zip

This has balanced versions of all the TIE's plus some other stuff.  All of this is configured to be in balance with all the Sci-Fi addons on my server so missions are actually fun and balanced.

Anyway....there you have it.  Cell7 made me some better icons for the fighters so I'll be putting up new versions with that, and I'll look into the animations for the exhaust if you can tell me what you think would look best.

EDIT: Here's some pics with the engine anims. Lemme know what you think.

06ywingredengine.jpg

07ywingredengine.jpg

08awingredengine.jpg

09awingredengine.jpg

I've got a question regarding the B-Wing.  Technically the B-Wing starts off on its side with the wings closed and the cockpit level.   When you take off and open S-foils, then the body rotates under the cockpit and the side wings open level.

I can animate the wings easily and I can make the cockpit rotate, but the driver proxy and view don't rotate with the animation.  Also, I'm starting the B-Wing upright.  What do you think, since I think I'm stuck with an OFP limitation, should I just make the B-Wing take off upright, or should I rotate it to be flat on the ground?  I'm beginning to wonder if I should bugger with it given OFP's limitations and the fact that I can't control laser convergence so a 4x laser would be useless on it.  Right now I'm just using the lasers on the wings and not on the bottom tail.  I guess Ions would have to come from the same vertices in the memory LOD.

Here's some pics to show what I'm talking about:

10bwingclosed.jpg

With the wings closed like above, the B-Wing should be flat on the ground.

11bwingopen.jpg

Imho the 2D thingy's on the Awing look a bit ugly, does it look better if you make the cone a bit longer?

About the Bwing...

I think a open-Sfoil for all is the best. unless Philcommando bursts in and shows you the way tounge2.gif . Animating vehicles has always been an issue with OFP, but you're the first to attempt this afaik... good luck wink_o.gif .

Thanks for that link Wildo!

I'll test out these addons now smile_o.gif

I just checked out those addons Karrillion, and WOW those addons are simply brilliant, I'll definately use these for the mod of course if that's alright with you.

Really, really really great job. I'm going to wait and see what happens with the other Falcon, and see what I like about it, and I'll fix both your addons up, combining the two.

What I was very happy to see was that you added the Aux power, which gives the ship that sudden boost of power. Great idea, and best of all it work... I'll try and add a little glowy thing, so when you hit the button, more get engine effect stuff comes out the rear like it did in the movies.

I also love how you can rotate the the ship while it takes off, something I never would have thought of. Overall, fantastic work. This Star Wars mod might get finished by a joint effort instead of the actual mod it seems tounge2.gif

The rotation came originally from I think cell7's X-wing. I've had a lot of scripting experience in VTOL scripts and stuff so I fixed it up a bit. I do have a VTOL script that can be used on the keyboard, but it requires some triggers to be placed in a mission and uses the Prosphere scripts, so I didn't put that functionality in there and instead improved (I hope) upon the auto-repulsor systems. The Aux idea is simply an adaptation of the WEP (war emergency power) that has been on some of the WW2 planes for a while..I think Trenchfoot or Footmunch came up with the ideas back then after the setVelocity command became available.

Also I do have the "flame" stuff coming from the engine now, but the texture for it might need to be fixed to look a tad more blue or red, depending upon which vcl is putting it out.

BTW, I think when the other Falcon comes out you might as well put the one I fixed up into the trash bin. I have a feeling the other one will be much better. Also, these fighters are simply a temporary measure til someone (hopefully) comes out with some better ones. smile_o.gif

I fixed up the Falcon a little, just touched up 2 things

http://www.ofpscifi.zorbtek.com/images/screenshots/Falcon1.jpg

Now the cockpit is on the Left side,

Falcon2.jpg

And now the Falcon's rear glows at night just for dramatic effects...

But you are probably right about the new Falcon being better.

We'll see how it goes thumbs-up.gif

Also be sure to set the flame stuff to glowing, it will probably look much better than just the standard stuff smile_o.gif

Sweet!  The Radar dish needs to be on the opposite side as well.

Where do I set it to glowing? Is it a texture thing or config thing?

Sweet!  The Radar dish needs to be on the opposite side as well.

Where do I set it to glowing?  Is it a texture thing or config thing?

Yea I should fix that bloody radar :P

Anyway, when you want to make something "glow", just select everything you want to "glow" in O2,

and then press Shift-E...

where it says "Lighting" select "shinning"

hit apply, and all set

I got the feeling it will look REALLY cool at night, or sunrise or sunfall

hot damn!! the starwars mod going places!!!!

B wing:- rotation selection can be whole craft and rotation axis can be placed anywhere and initiated thru the command menu via config or script/time script.

Wouldnt it be great if you can land the b-wing flat, then when you want to fly, it rises up then at perhaps 10 metres above ground, the wing component auto rotates down and open up?

PS:- Before you attempt, do note:-

1. There can only be 1 rotation meaning if you already have a rotation on the wings, it may not be possible to rotate the entire craft cause once the craft rotate, the wing rotation points remains fixed - your wings may have an 'out of body' rotation!crazy_o.gif

2. Workaround:- hehe...the outta the box brains is mightier than BIS codies!!!!.......set your craft in upright position in 02 and place the ground LOD at the axis of rotation - cause when it flies up, the wing rotation axis will follow it upwards. When you land the craft, i doubt if anyone will wanna open the wings, thus outta the body rotation wings issue is eliminated. Plenty more ways to solve any other issue - just think outta the box! This aint no M16 yer building:p

convegence of lasers:- few years ago, it cant be done, but now, there may be a way

1. create a long box from each laser point

2. converge the 4 points to a single point perhaps 2 metres in front of the craft

3. set that point as firing point in memory lod

4. in resolution lod give those boxes a clear texture and name the boxes as one

5. ensure you have the selection ={boxname} in both cfgvehicle and cfgmodel in the config

6. In the eventhandler, use the fired eventhandler to run a setobjecttexture script to get the lasers visible when the gun fires

It may seem a bit advance and tedious, do it only if you have the time. If not, hell! i'll be glad to have the b-wing as it is. wink_o.gif

hey i made a bwing for the old scifii sw mod

it can sweep its wings

just pm me

its not the most top quailty model but it works

Thanks, I'll check into some of those suggestions.

You know how there's the L and R raketa vertices in Memory LOD? What are the L and R Strela ones for? Is it possible to have Lasers fire from the raketa and the Ions from the Strela, since the "lasers" are essentially configured as Zuni rockets?

I'll just mess around with it. I wish there were a way to change the model for bullets, though. I'd rather config the lasers as bullets with a diff model because I think OFP gets overloaded with so many "rockets" being shot.

For lasers, the illusion trick is to use tracer bullets.

3 firing points in plane class- 2 sharing the same type of ammo and weapon - L and P strela

I main gun using 1 different ammo and weapon - rakety

The way it's done is thru the config. Just have cfgammo and cfg weapon in the config. Make the lasers use an inherited zuni rockets and config type as tracer bullet. Same as weapon - inherit from zunilauncher in cfgammo and nameyerownlauncher firing type tracer bullet. Yer choice of colors too for tracers. Furthermore you can set the rate of fire and add in yer own sound.

Then add one set of cfgweapon and cfgammo for the ions if you want it to fire other type of lasers. Tracers are the easiest as you can simply inherit it, but then u can add other model of bullet through the model=xxx in the cfgammo.

After that, remember to change yer weapon ="xxx, xxx and mag ="xxx, xxx" in cfgvehicle based on your new class name of weapon in cfgweapon.

That oughta do the trick the way it did for my experimental bin yard xwing and tiefighter. Simplest way.

I've been thinking of animating the exhausts, but I'm not sure what would look good.  Most of the SW ships have glowing engines, but not really flames or anything, so I might just give them a glow like Cell7's Xwing.

I found this to maybe help you deside what effect goes well with your models.

a-wing.jpg