Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

The vegetation looks phenomenal, especially after you added those patches in the most recent shots. It is very impressive that such quality and detail can be achieved, good work!

Guest major gandhi

really nice. now looks really a bit like the nice maps in Hidden & Dangerous 2

notworthy.gif

^_^ some new sky textures would be nice to improve the overall look.

notworthy.gif

this is the micro-terrain dimension I have been missing in OFP

keep up the good work

^_^ some new sky textures would be nice to improve the overall look.

i'm not too hot about starting my own sky right now, what's the most popular and updated sky pack around ? is it llauma's 2.0 ?

@ belgerot; thanks for the link!

Sengir has posted on our site some screenshots of his work on the anims.

Quote[/b] ]Hello people.

We at WWIIEC are working at full steam and I think it is a time to show you more of the progress of our MOD CAEN1944. As you can see, some of the models don´t have their final textures yet, but they look good enough to show them to you with my new anims (as always, these are already existing anims, not photoanims).

All the Wehrmacht, soldiers in Zeltbahn, Waffen SS, the British Army and vegetation are made by FAB, all animations are created by Sengir Vampire. Enjoy the pics wink_o.gif

Warning: The pics under the thumbs have around 400KBs

SengirCaenx12t.jpg SengirCaenx14t.jpg

SengirCaenx11t.jpg SengirCaenx5t.jpg

Here are a few more.

as well as sengir's anims, you can also see a bunch of new things i've been working at, such as the zeltbahn pouncho, the equipment on the back on the germans is now with final textures, the helmets are a new model (textures by Battling Bitch - there's more to come), and some tests i made with a SS dot 44 tunic (not that he's using some wehrmacht equipment, dont worry, its just a quick test to give sengir more diversity a well)

I am currently working on our animation code, adding lots of new anims. These new moves arent just static animations to use in cinematics, but dynamic animations used by the player and AI... and using sengir's anims, i'm sure you're going to love the final result.

SengirCaenx6t.jpg SengirCaenx2t.jpg

SengirCaenx9t.jpg

Very nice screens, I am especially surprised to see more of the Germans. I saw the first set of the British on the WWIIEC forums earlier today, but to see more.. just made my day.

The anims are pretty clever, too. They show off both the models and textures pretty well, but what caught my attention were the weapons. The textures (and mapping of them) look great, very top notch work smile_o.gif

Another thing that caught my eye were the new models of the Heer soldiers wearing the Splinter camouflage zeltbahns. It always looks good to show off the model in different animations like that, they seem to be keeping excellent form.

The camouflage itself (both of the SS and on the zeltbahn) has turned out really well, too. The creases and folds have made a very nice effect, and ofcourse this is the first time I've seen your SS men in some time now. I am astonished as to how many improvements there have been in comparison to the old releases. I am very pleased with this update, keep up the great job guys!

thumbs-up.gif

The way the German soldier holds the gun, with one hand is very nice done!!

yay.gif

its been a while since the last update (erhm... sorry)

anyway among other things (will be posted when ready - i'm not too hot about showing bulldozer screenshots), i've been working on new road models to fit with the type of roads you would find around caen back in 1944... this is a dirt road which was pretty common... i'll post more soon

dirtroad_small.jpg

Hello again, welcome.gif

it´s about time to show you my progress on animation work for Caen44. All the anims are made new, by me from scratch. As always on my screenshots, what you see is always what you get moving ingame - I don´t have time to waste on special photoanims :-D

Warning, the pics under the thumbs are over 400KB each!

Enjoy the pics and don´t forget to drop a comment. Thank you.

Sengir

http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/e107_im....mg] http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/e107_im....]

http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/e107_im....mg].http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/e107_im....]

http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/e107_im....mg].<a href="http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/e107_images/newspost_images/sengir_caen44_6.jpg" target="_blank">http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/e107_im....mg]

</a>

http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/e107_im....mg]

So how are these implemented ingame? I know they're moving, but when will they be used?

Great job Sengir, these animations look amazing!

Every one of them looks very life-like and adds a touch of character to the units. Again, I cannot keep saying how great these look in game. Keep up the good work smile_o.gif

I too am interested in how they will work, will a good deal of them be replacement animations for the anim.pbo or are there ones that will be scripted use as well?

Awesome as usual Sengir, I especially like how the guns are only held by one hand as the soldiers fall.

The maps looking great as well, nice buildings!

I've only just seen the dirt track as well, it adds an extra dimension with the road gradually blended into the grass - looks like Call of Duty 5!

I think I'm actually looking forward to this mod more than Armed Assault... which is saying something.

Keep it up please.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

hehe good timing mr sengir... right when i wanted to show u guys the final final (this time i swear i wont allow myself to touch this again !wink_o.gif version of the short grass... more flowers as u can see, and some tall weeds here and there... well maybe i'm the only one who can see the difference

i gotta send sengir an update.... he's got quite outdated stuff in there lol

anyway here's the screenshot :

click me

(i'll make a thumbnail some other day)

about the animations and how they work: basically this is not just an anim.pbo replacement, but a whole new system... the code is pretty much an hybrid between BIS and my own work which concist in, apart from creating new moves and "states" (like crouched running --> thats a new state. or crouch with riffle in back --> new state as well), create random looped variants that plays after random time etc....

so basically u got a guy in "combat relax" states, and instead of having him looking like a statue, or a bunch of stupid clones if u got 3 guys standing next to another, they first have 3 different base anims (different riffle positions) to begin with. then after random periods of time they would play random moves (like looking left and right, some anim where they change the leg they're standing on, looking forward as if they'd seen something etc...)... so in short there's no script, its just good old code and it works great :-)

cya later with more vegetation related news,

Fab.

EDIT : forgot to post about some BIS houses i reworked a while back... there :

click me !

and me !

Thanks for explaining the animations Fab, it definately looks as great as it sounds. I am glad to hear that there will be so many different variations of movement available, even for the fellows standing at ease.

The vegetation and buildings look great as well, you guys are doing one hell of a job thumbs-up.gif

All of this looks really impressive, can't wait to see Caen 44 taking place in my OFP install.

Good job.

Very nice work, creative and refreshing...I really do appreciate the island (very old style French looking) and new anims with other states.

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Hi,

That's... How could i say what i mean... AMAZING!! biggrin_o.gif  notworthy.gif I was really suprised when i saw those anims. I wonder are they really... I think they are amazing because u guys are professionals   smile_o.gif

Ive been watching Caen project from the start because the effects you want to focus on are very promissing. And with every new release of screens I'm even more amazed that you achived something like that in OFP engine (the overal look of the island, animations including bolt action reload). Now i wait for Caen more than INV44. Keep up the good work. inlove.gif

I'm sorry to say that because i know that this is an additional work for you to do but can we expect any movie showing the animations in motion?