Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Middle East part 2

I'm glad the Israelies finally are taking a step back and looking at some of the policies. Traditionally they looked at bulldozing Palistinian homes (owned by relatives of suicide bombers) as punishment for a crime. But in some cases it seemed that the families didn't even realize what their sons or daughters were planning on doing (although in some cases they seemed to know and were proud of it).

Nevertheless the media images of this strategy were incredibly powerful in building up hatred against Israel in the Islamic world. In otherwords, in purely realistic terms, the negative results outweighed any possible deterant factor.

At any rate, I think that the repeal of this strategy comes at a critical time in Israeli-Palistinian negotiations and overall I think will definitely cool the tempers of Hamas militants.

I just hope that Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and other Palistinian militant groups will be able to control all their cells to keep some lone idiot from going on a one-man Jihad.

If they can do that, and if no Israeli settlers launch their own attacks in response to the forced withdrawl of settlements, then I think there may be a chance for at least a few years of peace...and hopefully a longer sustained peace settlement.

But its such a delicate process that only takes one idiot to destroy.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

But its such a delicate process that only takes one idiot to destroy.

Only one. Sure. He is very busy.

Quote[/b] ]Since 'Cease Fire' - A Bomb Every Day

23:33 Feb 19, '05 / 10 Adar 5765

Israeli soldiers Saturday discovered four bombs planted near Jewish towns in Gaza amid concerns that terrorists are "seeding" the area with land mines at the rate of more than one a day.

The four bombs discovered in northern and southern Gaza Saturday weighed more than 200 kilograms (440 pounds). Terrorists also shot a Kassam rocket Saturday at the Gush Katif town of N'vei Dekalim and opened fire on soldiers in the area as well as near the Egyptian border. No one was injured and no damage was reported.

"In the past three weeks, we have discovered an explosive device on the average of one a day," IDF sources reported. "This points to a method that terrorists have acquired since the beginning of the cease-fire, and it is potentially dangerous. They simply are filling the land with explosives. At least some of the [bombs] have been planted under the noses of PA police or through their looking the other way."

Soldiers discovered two of the bombs while patrolling near the town of Rafiah which straddles the Egyptian border. One of the devices was the same kind used by Hibullah terrorists in southern Lebanon when IDF troops were stationed there. Two other bombs were discovered near Kibbutz Alumim, a religious kibbutz inside the 1967 border.

Military sources said the explosive devices often "look like rocks" and are usually detonated through hidden wires. "Terrorists continue to work in a quiet way, far away from the cameras," the IDF sources report. "Planting a bomb is not an attack which is filmed and that way they appear to preserving the cease fire. Each explosive device is equal to several explosive belts and it is clear that if, Heaven forbid, an army vehicle trips a device, there will be injuries. But since we are talking about a roadside bomb attack, it is a 'passive act' without anyone even taking responsibility. This is considered legitimate by terrorist organizations."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/20/cabinet.vote.ap/index.html

Quote[/b] ]JERUSALEM (AP) -- Israel's Cabinet gave final approval Sunday to the government's planned withdrawal from Gaza and four West Bank settlements, marking the first time an Israeli government decided to dismantle Jewish settlements on land claimed by the Palestinians for a future state.

Speaking to American Jewish leaders hours after the withdrawal plan was approved, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said that it was the most difficult decision he has ever made.

Calling the move "historic," he said it would "determine the future of the state of Israel."

Sharon signed an order making it illegal for Israelis to be in Gaza and northern West Bank after July 20, a government official said.

The Cabinet also approved the final route of Israel's separation barrier in the West Bank, initially constructed to keep out Palestinian attackers but increasingly seen as a blueprint for a final border between Israel and a future Palestinian state. Expected to run about 425 miles, the barrier is about one-third complete.

With Sunday's twin votes, Sharon's government began charting Israel's final borders unilaterally, something none of his predecessors have attempted since Israel captured the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem in the 1967 Mideast war.

Sharon, a former patron of settlers, told Cabinet ministers that "it's not an easy day, it's not a happy day," but the withdrawal was vital for Israel's security.

Ministers voted 17-5 for the evacuation plan, sealing the political defeat of withdrawal opponents seeking to put the plan to a national referendum. The evacuation of about 9,000 settlers will begin in July and take two months.

The government plans to allocate $871 million for the settlers, with compensation depending on the size of a family, whether it owns or rents, what it owns and how long it has lived in the settlement.

Under the order Sharon signed Sunday, those settlers not leaving by July 20 face removal by force. Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz told the Cabinet that thousands of troops would participate in dismantling the settlements.

Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu led the five opponents of the Gaza withdrawal, all ministers from Sharon's Likud Party.

Netanyahu said he could not support a withdrawal without a national referendum, but his challenge of the prime minister appeared part of a campaign to position himself for eventual Likud leadership.

Israel's vice premier, Shimon Peres, a longtime advocate of a withdrawal from Gaza, said Sunday's vote was historic.

"After 40 years in Gaza ... what have we gained?" Peres said.

The evacuation is to begin in July and will be carried out in four stages, with the Cabinet to approve each stage separately. The Cabinet has not yet decided the order in which settlements will be dismantled.

The only way the withdrawal could now be stopped is if Sharon fails to get his 2005 budget passed by March 31. If he has no budget by then, his government automatically falls.

<snip>

the drama continues......

I don't appreciate the way in which the American politicians exaggerate while speaking about Syria, Syria helped much Lebanon in the past, it shouldn't be forgotten,there're only 14 000 Syrian soldiers in Lebanon, but before American judges Syria, they must judge themselves and their policy imperialist in the Middle East mad_o.gif

I don't appreciate the way in which the American politicians exaggerate while speaking about Syria, Syria helped much Lebanon in the past, it shouldn't be forgotten,there're only 14 000 Syrian soldiers in Lebanon, but before American judges Syria, they must judge themselves and their policy imperialist in the Middle East  mad_o.gif

Aw. Boo hoo. sad_o.gif

Syria commandeered a country. They run drugs out of Damascus.

They host some of the world's worst terrorist organizations.

They give shelter to Saddam's Baathists and previously to Nazis.

They militarily and financially promote the terrorists in Iraq.

Let 'em squirm.

Still of these rumours which the American politicians claim and which everyone believe, such as for example, the weapons of massive destruction in irak ... rock.gif

Still of these rumours which the American politicians claim and which everyone believe, such as for example, the weapons of massive destruction in irak ...       rock.gif

Maybe they don't let you read the free press in your country/town/precinct/home.

The US has admitted to not finding any WMDs.

The only rumors here are eminating from you.

Which rumours? Don't you agree that the American army attacked Iraq by using the pretext of the weapons of massive destruction ? they killed as well people for saying to the end that they didn't find anything, mad_o.gif

it's to believe that people are idiots?rock.gif The US army attacked Iraq for oil, it was necessary a pretext for them, they lied on the weapons of massive destruction,and now they invent new pretexts to attack Syria for the same goal /// OIL and The Control of the ME... mad_o.gif

Why not to attack NK which really get REAL WEAPONS OF MASSIVE DESTRUCTION rock.gifghostface.gif

Edit :

The US army and the US politicians make reign terror in the Middle-East, why the American army attacked Iraq?

why it didn't attack the North Korea which assert its capacities to strike the USA?

why the American army attacked a country destroyed by years of war? by killing of thousands of people, Civilian died... why?? for oil??

, why the American congress makes it possible to this idiot of BUSH to send soldiers in Iraq? and now why the American politicians threaten directly Iran and syria ??

there are countries much more dangerous than these 2 there and which threaten the USA seriously, but one doesn't dare to say anything to these countries mad_o.gifmad_o.gif

mhhh maybe you support the war against Syria because its army've attacked your country in the past ? rock.gifrock.gif

I don't appreciate the way in which the American politicians exaggerate while speaking about Syria, Syria helped much Lebanon in the past, it shouldn't be forgotten,there're only 14 000 Syrian soldiers in Lebanon, but before American judges Syria, they must judge themselves and their policy imperialist in the Middle East  mad_o.gif

Aw. Boo hoo. sad_o.gif

Let 'em squirm.

AL, no disrespect, but um... Israeli organized crime both in Israel and here in the United States are notorious for smuggling drugs.   So should I say that Israel is running drugs out of Tel Aviv?  Also as far as comandeering a country...well thats kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

Sponsoring Palistinian terrorism is not good indeed.  But we're talking about Syria's involvement in Lebanon which goes far back to the past wars between Syria and Israel.  

Right now Syrian is acting calmly and Lebanese are expressing their political beliefs in peaceful protests which I think is something to be applauded.  Contrary to your beliefs Al, Arabs can protest peacefully and push for democracy all by themselves without blowing stuff up and without the great white father America holding their hand.

As for sheltering Nazis...well, given that Jewish-Arab relations weren't too chummy during the post WW-II period that's not surprising.  Its not something they should feel proud of, but its not surprising.  

Also Syria just handed over some major Iraqi Baath party officials...but even they had given them sanctuary is that not surprising give that Syria is ruled by....BAATHISTS!!!    Not only that...um...they kinda didn't like the US invading their neighbor and threating to attack them.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Aw. Boo hoo. sad_o.gif

To Thunderbird:

Quote[/b] ]mhhh maybe you support the war against Syria because its army've attacked your country in the past ?

No. I support the downfall of dictator thugs and regimes. How about you?

To me this is no different than what happened in eastern European countries over the last 2 decades.

Let 'em squirm.

AL, no disrespect, but um... Israeli organized crime both in Israel and here in the United States are notorious for smuggling drugs.

I meant government run, with nods from the top. Please show me the equivalent in Israel.

Otherwise, we could simply list every country in the world here, couldn't we?

Quote[/b] ]So should I say that Israel is running drugs out of Tel Aviv?

I could've sworn Jerusalem was the capital?

Freudian slip, perhaps? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sponsoring Palistinian terrorism is not good indeed.  But we're talking about Syria's involvement in Lebanon which goes far back to the past wars between Syria and Israel.  

Right now Syrian is acting calmly and Lebanese are expressing their political beliefs in peaceful protests which I think is something to be applauded.  Contrary to your beliefs Al, Arabs can protest peacefully and push for democracy all by themselves without blowing stuff up and without the great white father America holding their hand.

Do you think any of this would have happened had the US not given Iraqis their first taste of freedom ever. Go back a page or so for my post quoting Walid Jumblat. No one would have raised a finger in Beirut and especially in Cairo, if they wouldn't have had a whiff of the demise of Saddam and the democratic processes that are taking place now in a neighboring country.

Quote[/b] ]As for sheltering Nazis...well, given that Jewish-Arab relations weren't too chummy during the post WW-II period that's not surprising.  Its not something they should feel proud of, but its not surprising.

Why do you talk of post-war and skimp over the full ready and able pan-Arab support of the Arabs for the Nazis in their quest to exterminate the Jews?

Quote[/b] ]Also Syria just handed over some major Iraqi Baath party officials...but even they had given them sanctuary is that not surprising give that Syria is ruled by....BAATHISTS!!!    Not only that...um...they kinda didn't like the US invading their neighbor and threating to attack them.

Such righteous creatures with only the holiest of intentions.

you give to the events a direction which belongs only to you,you live over there but you seem nothing to understand with what is held in the Middle-East, , where rather you make seeming because that arranges your country... rock.gif

I know that'll make you happy and certain israelis if the US army control the ME , palestinians aren't "all" terrorists , and don't forget that before 1948 Israel really didn't exist, and that the Jews was dispersed everywere in the world, I don't know, but I have the impression that you don't appreciate much Arabic Avon lady rock.gif don't forget one more important thing , without the US support , Israel isn't nothing... If the neighbour arabic countries've attacked you , that was only that you stop stealing arabic zones...

You're proud of your country , I'm happy for you , but don't use sarcasm against me...and don't believe that I am lower than you

and you're higher than me because I'm Arabic

Sorry to say the truth as that , I'm not Nazi or anti israel but I dislike some ones of your reactions wich need to be get down.... mad_o.gif

Which rumours?

(Forgive me Placebo. Separate post to respond to TB.)

Look at your last post. You're the one that mentions rumors.

Quote[/b] ] Don't you agree that the American army attacked Iraq by using the pretext of the weapons of massive destruction ?

Yes. What does that have to do with connecting what's happening now between the US and Syria, which you alluded to?

Quote[/b] ]they killed as well people for saying to the end that they didn't find anything, mad_o.gif

There were other pretexts for invading Iraq but look them up on the Iraq thread.

Quote[/b] ]The US army attacked Iraq for oil, it was necessary a pretext for them, they lied on the weapons of massive destruction,and now they invent new pretexts to attack Syria for the same goal /// OIL and The Control of the ME... mad_o.gif

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Sure. For oil. Yeh. Whatever you say.

Some day maybe you'll grow out of your little conspiracy stories.

BTW, how big a producer of oil is Syria? tounge_o.gif

Oh and sure, the US wants to take over the ME.

Quote[/b] ]Why not to attack NK which really get REAL WEAPONS OF MASSIVE DESTRUCTION rock.gifghostface.gif

Maybe they should or will or will be forced to in the future.

Right now that's stretching the military forces out too thin.

And Saddam was viewed as a more immediate threat than Lil' Kim.

Quote[/b] ]Edit :

The US army and the US politicians make reign terror in the Middle-East, why the American army attacked Iraq?

why it didn't attack the North Korea which assert its capacities to strike the USA?

why the American army attacked a country destroyed by years of war? by killing of thousands of people, Civilian died... why?? for oil??

No. To get rid of one of the biggest troublemakers in the neighborhood. Saddam never let go of his ambitions (note the specific use of this word) to acquire and develop an arsenal of WMDs some time in the future. The US gooofed in their assessement of the current facts - not on the ramifications of letting Saddam & Sons continue their reighn for the next 20-50 years.

Quote[/b] ]why the American congress makes it possible to this idiot of BUSH to send soldiers in Iraq?

Because every US security agency's assessment said that Saddam has WMDs. That doesn't make Bush an idiot.

Quote[/b] ]and now why the American politicians threaten directly Iran and syria ??

Because they're so cute and cuddly.

Quote[/b] ]there are countries much more dangerous than these 2 there and which threaten the USA seriously, but one doesn't dare to say anything to these countries mad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Which other country is a direct serious threat to the US?

Quote[/b] ]

I meant government run, with nods from the top. Please show me the equivalent in Israel.

Otherwise, we could simply list every country in the world here, couldn't we?

And you have proof of this outside a Jerusalem Post article or outside of any right wing newspaper with an agenda?

Quote[/b] ]

Do you think any of this would have happened had the US not given Iraqis their first taste of freedom ever. Go back a page or so for my post quoting Walid Jumblat. No one would have raised a finger in Beirut and especially in Cairo, if they wouldn't have had a whiff of the demise of Saddam and the democratic processes that are taking place now in a neighboring country.

Yes.  I think there would have been protests in Beiruit.  The recent political moves of Egypt's leadership concerning election reform however is debatable.  Many Egyptian political opposition leaders simply see it as a diversion...just rhetoric.  They are waiting to see action and not just words.  

Now did Saddam's demise influence some of these things?  Sure.  However, we also see democracy in the Palistinian territories that happened without American intervention.  

America's invason of Iraq also influenced alot of other things to... like the explosion of support for terrorism against the US all over the Islamic world.   One step forward two steps back is my take on the Iraqi invasion.  I believed in getting rid of Saddam but not in the way we did.

Quote[/b] ] Why do you talk of post-war and skimp over the full ready and able pan-Arab support of the Arabs for the Nazis in their quest to exterminate the Jews?

Really?  Every single Arab is a Jew hater?  I guess thats kinda like how some Arabs are convinced that Jews rule the world.  Well if you think you know the hearts and minds of all Arabs and if it helps you sleep better then go ahead and continue to believe so, but personally I leave such judgements of people's hearts and minds to God.

Quote[/b] ]

Such righteous creatures with only the holiest of intentions.

The really funny thing about that statement is that its unclear if you're talking about Syria or America.   lol.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Lol , I'm speaking with a member of the CIA who knows everything about the US security and the US ambitions in the world biggrin_o.gif , it's necessary to look at the human side of this war, and to stop looking at that the financial side, a war it's ugly , stop using sarcasm

Quote[/b] ]AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Stop believing yourself higher than me and I'm lower than you because I'm arabic , respect me as I respect you , try to be able to talk without disrespect

you give to the events a direction which belongs only to you,you live over there but you seem nothing to understand with what is held in the Middle-East,

Yes. You understand. You want all of these people to go on living under ruthless regimes because it's best for them.

I'd have to go back a few pages here or on another thread (maybe War On Terror thread) to find where you've recently said that.

The people of Lebanon and Syria and Egypt and Iraq salute you.

Quote[/b] ] , where rather you make seeming because that arranges your country... rock.gif

No comprende.

Quote[/b] ]I know that'll make you happy and certain israelis if the US army control the ME ,

I wouldn't be happy about that at all and I say that as a dual US and Israeli citizen.

Quote[/b] ]palestinians aren't "all" terrorists ,

The majority of them are terrorist supporters.

And funny how we've changed subjects but it was bound to happen.

Quote[/b] ]and don't forget that before 1948 Israel really didn't exist,

Neither did an Arab country named Palestine. Check your history carefully.

Quote[/b] ]and that the Jews was dispersed everywere in the world,

Yes. So?

Quote[/b] ]I don't know, but I have the impression that you don't appreciate much Arabic Avon lady rock.gif

Am I supposed to appreciate a muti-country society that spends most of its time figuring out how to eliminate my country.

No love lost. Sorry.

Quote[/b] ]don't forget one more important thing , without the US support , Israel isn't nothing...

Well, here we are. So that's too bad.

Quote[/b] ]If the neighbour arabic countries've attacked you , that was only that you stop stealing arabic zones...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Had the neighboring Arab countries you talked about not concentrated their armies on Israel's borders, Israel wouldn't have been in Judea, Samaria and Gaza in the first place.

Quote[/b] ]You're proud of your country ,

Yes and no. Lots of things wrong. But, yes, a lot right - especially for a small country with almost no natural resources that been independent for less than 60 years and is for the most part democratic.

Quote[/b] ]I'm happy for you , but don't use sarcasm against me...and don't believe that I am lower than you

and you're higher than me because I'm Arabic

Please point out where I said such a thing. I would have responded to you no differently had you been 50 generations Icelandic.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to say the truth as that , I'm not Nazi or anti israel but I dislike some ones of your reactions wich need to be get down.... mad_o.gif

No you're not a Nazi. I do believe you're anti-Israeli and, like many an Arab (and tons of non-Arabs in this day and age), much of it is based on distortions of truth and history.

you use "ironies" in your last post and you're mistaken much, you think of being able to irritate me so that I drifts but I'll remain calm, you believe in many things which are completely false, arabs have wished only to live in peace, if we were so malicious that you say it, Israel would for a long time be destroyed, we've wanted just peace,but you've stolen our territories, you've won, but nothing honourable, your state is strong because the USA supported you and still supporting you, it gives you the money, equips you militarily and protects you internationally, without it, Israel is nothing ,you think that israel is the center of the world , if USA helped you and still helping you it's right because the chiefs of this governments have the same religion as you

And stop talking as G.W.BUSH , I'm half iraqi, my people lived better before the American intervention the purpose of which was "to establish the democracy", ,The US intervention's killed a lot of civilians, a lot , a lot , do you've a heart?

Why do you believe that "we" hate you ? I've a lot of israelis friends ... why do you believe that all arabic countries wanna to destroy your country ?

do you wanna to know why ?

Because You've destroyed our honor by stealing our territories in the past , you've killed a lot of people ... you've made suffering a lot of families... and don't forget that you've started the first

We've tried to install the peace in the past with you , but you haven't stoped invading OUR ARABIC TERRITORIES

you know , if you have a pride, admit the verity, few Israelis admit it

So according to avon Palestine didnt exist before 48 and according to thunderbird neither did Israel , so what did EXIST down there? crazy_o.gif

TransJordan? A bunch of people ruled by the Ottomans?

Personally I think Turkey should rule that whole area again. They probably did the best job overall at keeping everyone from trying to kill each other in that region. Of coarse thats not going to happen.

Well hopefully the rogue Palistinian militants will quit the suicide bombing crap and give the peace process a chance. Those that disobey the ceasefire need to be policed internally by the PA, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad (as well as other Palistinian factions).

Right now Israel is showing restraint, but I don't think that will last much longer if more suicide attacks occur.

Mossad and the PA security forces need to be working closely to capture and arrest those that violate the agreement.

If that happens, and peace is restored, then hopefully continual withdrawls of settlements can occur and eventually economic ties can be restored. Following this the main roadblock would be that of Jerusalem.

Personally I think they should agree to have a neutral 3rd party run Jerusalem... have some Vietnamese Buddhists lead Jerusalem for example. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Who said Oil and Iraq...  mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Because You've destroyed our honor by stealing our territories in the past , you've killed a lot of people ... you've made suffering a lot of families... and don't forget that you've started the first

What about the jews that were kicked out of the arab countries when Israel was formed? I guess Avon can start saying those arabs stole their honor.. wink_o.gif

more later... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Because You've destroyed our honor by stealing our territories in the past , you've killed a lot of people ... you've made suffering a lot of families... and don't forget that you've started the first

What about the jews that were kicked out of the arab countries when Israel was formed? I guess Avon can start saying those arabs stole their honor.. wink_o.gif

And? What about all those Arabs kicked out of America after 9/11 for minor visa violations. What about anyone who's kicked out of another country because the host country has a problem with that person's country of birth?

That always happens in conflicts. Hey at least they didn't round them up and put all the jews into gas chambers or shoot them like Hitler did. Furthermore not all Arab nations reacted this way. Morocco for example still has a large Jewish population and up until the Iraq invasion (and the increase of Al-Qaeda influence in that country) has had very good relations with its Jewish miniority. Iran, while not a Arab nation, is considered Israel's nemesis. But they actually have the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside of Israel.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

And?   What about all those Arabs kicked out of America after 9/11 for minor visa violations.   What about anyone who's kicked out of another country because the host country has a problem with that person's country of birth?  

That always happens in conflicts.  Hey at least they didn't round them up and put all the jews into gas chambers or shoot them like Hitler did.    Furthermore not all Arab nations reacted this way.  Morocco for example still has a large Jewish population and up until the Iraq invasion (and the increase of Al-Qaeda influence in that country) has had very good relations with its Jewish miniority.  Iran, while not a Arab nation, is considered Israel's nemesis.  But they actually have the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside of Israel.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

That is why it was wrong to post that Arabs lost their honor because of lost land... smile_o.gif  Furthermore, he was talking about arabs has in the people not the countries. So, I guess that arab action was not honorable then.

My brain is fuzzy but when did some arab countries deported some jews.. rock.gif I know it happened but the dates.. crazy_o.gif

*removed link*

Interesting read.

1)People said there were pictures of dead bodies (which I didn't see)

and

2)People used the main page (which I don't agree with) to discredit the unrelated quotes on the actual page I listed because they had no other response.

Arab-Israeli Conflict (link removed - forum rules)

Interesting read.

So is this and this.

The common thread between all 3 reads: they're all based on fiction and they're all popular beliefs in the Arab and Muslim world.

Enjoy. You are what you read.