Sign in to follow this  
WackyIraqi

New Ocean Island

Yes, until you a) go too much upwards and away, the elevator becomes a moon rocket or b) you put a bit too much thrust to the elevator and crash to the roof, killing everyone in the building.

However, in the first version without the lobby, I used a simple trigger/script and a chair you could get in as an elevator. Though I had to insert the emerengy brake, as coming down was a bit risky... tounge_o.gif

working elevators require scripting (which cant be activated via wrp placed objects) and modeling (which i cant do)

trust me i would like nothing more then to make an easier way to get into the penthouse but unfortunitly that skillset is beyond my capibilities

if WI doesnt get online within the next 3 hours im revoking his readme privlege so that we dont keep you folks waiting any longer smile_o.gif

-Old Images-

City Night

City Veiw

Car Dealership

Downtown

McDonalds

-New Images-

Airport Parking

National Guard Base Overhauled

Coast Guard Base

Spooky Woods

Farm Houses

Island Shot

Welcome To New Ocean Island

****New Ocean Island Version 1.5****

New Ocean island, a big city island started by USMC Sniper and a project continued by

Pappy Boyington (aka Too-Tall) and Wacky Iraqi. Released as nothing more then just a

small section of a city with not much to look at expanded into a larger more realistic

City-Like island without the lag of a big island. Aw hell you dont give a shit about

this do you? you just want to know whats differnt. Well alright

Original Had (v0.9):

-Small Residential Area

-Small Chinatown

-Very Few Buildings for sky scrapers

-Bar

-Closed Bridge & Barron Land

My (solo) First Update (v1.0):

-Port

-Airport (ai compatable)

-More skyscrapers downtown

-More houses in the residential area

-Church, hospital, and police station

-Soccor (football) field

-National Gaurd Base

-Factory/Powerplant

-Forest (with randomly placed scraped/trashed cars around it for a more realistic feel)

-Map location names/text

Second Update and Hopefuly Final (v1.5):

-Powerplant more orginized

-Jersey Barriers (concrete barriers) placed between the highway and around the parking area of the airport

-Airport Parking Area now has parking lot textures

-Parking lots behind best buy and car dealership

-Coast Gaurd Base/Port

-National Guard Base now uses mapfacts barracks

-Airport has a radar and included a game logic to make that radar work (spin) found under Game Logic - New Ocean Island - Radar Logic Thingy

-Forest now has 3 farmhouses and one ruins area. 2 of the farm houses are enterable

-Custom Signs for NOI. some dedicated to differnt people for differnt reasons

*Mike Lee Port - first and middle name of a good freind and beta tester of just about everything ive ever made.

*Robert Watt Coast Guard Base -  Bob Watt aka Col Klink for donating the sign models to us

*USMC Sniper Highway - the best way i could figure crediting the orginal creator is to name the highway after him

*Joseph Anthony National Guard Base - first and middle name of my grandfather (R.I.P. febuary of 04) whose service in the US Navy (1946-1948) is what got me interested in military, which my interest in military got me interested in games, which got me interested in modding and viola here i am.

Addons Required and Included:

aces_it.pbo     = Runway Textures for the airport

ags_build.pbo   = Agent Smith's City Buildings Pack

ags_inds.pbo   = Agent Smith's Factory Buildings Pack

ags_port.pbo   = Agent Smith's Port Buildings Pack

art_bd.pbo       = (Unknown Author) Buildings Pack for the Original New Ocean Island

artchar.pbo     = (Unknown Author) Characters Pack with agents and triads and homeless and other people

Baracken.pbo     = Mapfact Barracks Addon

F3WX_O1.pbo     = 3rd World Explosion Mod's Combined Objects Pack

fml_objects.pbo     = Farmland Mod's Buildings Pack

Map_MilObj-Pack.pbo = Mapfact Military Objects Pack

NewOceanCity.pbo = The Island Itself

noisigns.pbo = New Ocean Island Custom Signs

Sgn_Newpc.pbo = Sgt Nathan's Desktop Computer Addon

Welcome to New Ocean Island, come in, stay awhile, we have pie!

Download Link (53.8MB)

PS: Sorry Wacky Iraqi, i couldnt wait any longer, theres no sense in keeping these people waiting any longer for this so i went ahead and wrote up the readme.

Enjoy Everyone smile_o.gif

Good work, guys! smile_o.gif I'm gonna check it out soon.

I have only one request. Is it possible that you repack the island and release a zip only with these files:

Quote[/b] ]art_bd.pbo

artchar.pbo

NewOceanCity.pbo

noisigns.pbo

Sgn_Newpc.pbo

and only provide the links for the rest of the addons (most ppl probably already have them so no need to download 50-something-MBs again and again. Thanks. smile_o.gif

BTW: (Unknown Author) - I thought it's USMC Sniper, right?

okay tried out the new island and accidentally stepped on a bug maybe?  tounge_o.gif  sorry.

A building in the north side of the town near the biker bar and the nogova industrial factory building i couldn't use the stairs to walk inside the building i just ran through the building and saw my head stick up from the floor  crazy_o.gif

object ID was 2413 on the building, i dunno what caused it to happen like that but i tried to get inside the building again and the stairs failed me again so i was halway above the floor of the building and halfways was under the floor  biggrin_o.gif

anyways great work on the island, i love it alot unclesam.gif

Good work, guys! smile_o.gif I'm gonna check it out soon.

I have only one request. Is it possible that you repack the island and release a zip only with these files:

Quote[/b] ]art_bd.pbo

artchar.pbo

NewOceanCity.pbo

noisigns.pbo

Sgn_Newpc.pbo

and only provide the links for the rest of the addons (most ppl probably already have them so no need to download 50-something-MBs again and again. Thanks. smile_o.gif

sadly enough smith, with total compressoin on the file is still 30 or 40 something megs. so tacking on those few extra files really doesnt make that big of a differnce. i had already concidered that upon upload

commando: that particualr bug i havnt noticed on this island, but i have noticed it on other islands including nogova, it once took me 20 minutes to get inside the capital of lipany so to be honest thats an OFP bug. sometimes it will work and sometimes not

Well, during the short test I made, looks nice. Especially the NG base.

Too bad that my OFP (and PC) is in a bad mood today. OFP crashed 3 times in a row, only 10% of free HD space left. Damn.

i thought it was too but im not 100% sure so i just put unknown

Ok guys i love your island but!

And many other do this in their maps! Havent you guys ever seen a real airfield?rock.gif the runways arent next to the departure area, and pilots dont just taxi off the runway onto the platform... cuz of accidents!

airfields have taxiways and they arent next to the runway so a plane can taxi and take off without touching the wings... Also why use 2 runways for such a small airport? If you use taxi ways you can make it all look REAL! cuz basicly no matter how large the parking area is, the rest looks fake!

Many people are making airfield that are TOTALLY unrealistic, like Ive seen one where a hangar was positioned next to the runway! now what would happen if a larger plane would land jep!

sorry but its just that you can seen airports allot on the telly, and you can finds allot of pictures on the net, and you can even THINK how it should be, but still nothing but crappy airports.... sad_o.gif

Well why dont you make a airfield of your own, I allready have 3! wink_o.gif

EDIT

The GAIA ISLAND textures for airfield/ports are the best! take a look and ask them.....

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif OOWWW DANG!

That is really really elite! OMG you can actually see all the different aircraft at Nellis AFB! smile_o.gif Whole platform is filled wow_o.gif

heres a little list of things me and gandalf the white wanna see in the next version to make it great  tounge_o.gif

-fill in that grassy bit between the houses and the city with more city buildings

-make the city a bit wider (wide as in if you were facing north)

basically, what im getting to is that the city, while it has GREAT buildings and stuff (awesome MP sniper fights  smile_o.gif ) its just too small

oh, he forgot to mention one thing, suprisingly enough it was the point I didn't mentioned yet:

pack in some stair/firecases people can place in the editor, so you can get ontop of those big buildings if you have to wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif OOWWW DANG!

That is really really elite! OMG you can actually see all the different aircraft at Nellis AFB! smile_o.gif Whole platform is filled wow_o.gif

Check Edwards...

Check the tower (sorry, can't remember what tower) in the Finnish buildings pack, it has stairs and is about 40m high.

Check it if you want...

*EDIT* Sorry mods... 2 posts in a row...

Hey great Island. In fact it inspired me to do a bit of island making of my own.

If you want a working lift, I think this works just fine

Lift.zip

Quote[/b] ]fill in that grassy bit between the houses and the city with more city buildings

-make the city a bit wider (wide as in if you were facing north)

basically, what im getting to is that the city, while it has GREAT buildings and stuff (awesome MP sniper fights   ) its just too small

the grassy area is there to seperate the residential area from the downtown area

the city could be mabe one or two blocks wider but the downside is that i would have to reuse the buildings in there and i dont like using the same sky scraper over and over and over and over again. looks kinda stupid to have a city filled with 4 differnt buildings. i know i used the apartment towers side by side but that was for a "twin towers" feeling

this is a "small" city island. the goal was to give it a big city feel without the big city lag that OFP would ofer you.  when your on the ground in a car or on foot it really has that feel, in the air its a tiny island. this kinda island is more for an FTA mod like thing, or i personaly use it to just kick back and relax, get away from all the combat for awhile and enjoy my digital life.

Ok guys i love your island but!

And many other do this in their maps! Havent you guys ever seen a real airfield?rock.gif  the runways arent next to the departure area, and pilots dont just taxi off the runway onto the platform... cuz of accidents!

yea, i took off and landed from a "real airfield" SNJ%20Pilot_0018.jpg Picture takin from an SNJ Advanced Trainer (WWII-USMC)

89.jpg a better shot (not takin by me, but its still the same airport)

see about the center of the runway, where the bluish building is. ok now look a lil closer to the runway that block there of open paved area with the twin exit taxiways to the runway itself (has an oval shaped patch of grass between them) thats the parking area for the planes along with that lil brown building that is the "terminal"

ahh here we go, thank you google.

wash-co-airport.jpg

if i would have moved the control tower back away from the runway and the terminal back about 10 yards then it would be "realistic" for you. but i dont think 10 yards is that big a differance

airfields have taxiways and they arent next to the runway so a plane can taxi and take off without touching the wings... Also why use 2 runways for such a small airport? If you use taxi ways you can make it all look REAL! cuz basicly no matter how large the parking area is, the rest looks fake!

i used two runways because its a major airport and most major airports have several runways, pittsburgh international airport has  4 if im not mistakin, or it could be 6, i dont remember offhand.

and on top of that, its my friggin airport and i wanted 2 runways, is that ok with you? or should i have left a memo with your secretery to receive your approval first? rock.gif

also no, actualy "we" cant "make it look real". we use runway textures that we are givin, and i worked with what i had, and what you see is what i had

Many people are making airfield that are TOTALLY unrealistic, like Ive seen one where a hangar was positioned next to the runway! now what would happen if a larger plane would land jep!

well in a situation like this if a "larger plane" were on approch they would see this and say "hmm nope, not gonna land there" its the same thing i told my driving examiner when i went for my driving test, i was driving a 21 foot long truck, he told me to park it in a 19 foot parellel parking space. naturaly i hit the barrier and he said "if that was a real space you just hit a car" and i replied with "if that was a real space id take my big ass truck to a differnt fucking parking space, one that i could easily fit in.

sorry but its just that you can seen airports allot on the telly, and you can finds allot of pictures on the net, and you can even THINK how it should be, but still nothing but crappy airports.... sad_o.gif

yea well you know what? i landed the AN124, the HC130 and the 747 addon planes at this airport with no problems, so i guess it works then huh? wink_o.gif

Well why dont you make a airfield of your own, I allready have 3!  wink_o.gif

wow, good for you, want a cookie? rock.gif

The GAIA ISLAND textures for airfield/ports are the best! take a look and ask them.....

oo wow yea i have thought about GAIA island alot, hundred some megs for an island, an island that when on said airport you get approx 1 to 2 frames per minute because the creator of that island didnt think. instead said outloud to himself "omg i know! what if i make an island with well over 20 million objects in one area!! omg yea that would be uber l337 r0x0rs!!!!!oneoneone111!"

Hey great Island. In fact it inspired me to do a bit of island making of my own.

If you want a working lift, I think this works just fine

Lift.zip

thank you very much smile_o.gif

oo wow yea i have thought about GAIA island alot, hundred some megs for an island, an island that when on said airport you get approx 1 to 2 frames per minute because the creator of that island didnt think. instead said outloud to himself "omg i know! what if i make an island with well over 20 million objects in one area!! omg yea that would be uber l337 r0x0rs!!!!!oneoneone111!

>>What part of TEXTURES!! didnt you read?

Well why dont you make a airfield of your own, I allready have 3! wink_o.gif

wow, good for you, want a cookie? rock.gif

>>I said that because standard response Is usually why dont >>you make your own! smile_o.gif

yea well you know what? i landed the AN124, the HC130 and the 747 addon planes at this airport with no problems, so i guess it works then huh? wink_o.gif

>>Landed yes, and did you take off after that, I mean in the >>same game! So turn arround and such...? Without blocking all traffic by turning onto other runway?

well in a situation like this if a "larger plane" were on approch they would see this and say "hmm nope, not gonna land there" its the same thing i told my driving examiner when i went for my driving test, i was driving a 21 foot long truck, he told me to park it in a 19 foot parellel parking space. naturaly i hit the barrier and he said "if that was a real space you just hit a car" and i replied with "if that was a real space id take my big ass truck to a differnt fucking parking space, one that i could easily fit in.

>>And Ocean City is? A standard US city has a decent size >>airport that handles decent size planes, I spend a few hours >>on google maps aswell!

and on top of that, its my friggin airport and i wanted 2 runways, is that ok with you? or should i have left a memo with your secretery to receive your approval first? rock.gif

>>yes but I didnt mean to upset you I did maybee post a bit >>too strong words... sad_o.gif Remember English is not everybodies first langauge!

Your making a really realistic city with city like missions to be played on it, why not make the airport as realistic as possible, ahh never mind I can allways do it myself! smile_o.gif

well dispite the fact that i have landed the planes there the airport isnt made for large aircraft like that. it was made for the L410, Beriev 32, Piper, Cessna, small to medium sized planes.

that said the 747 addon has horrible ground steering, guess thats why they have tows huh wink_o.gif

the AN124 has a lil bit better, and i did taxi it to the second runway alighed for takeoff

the HC130 has damn decent ground steering and i landed, took off, and landed then taxied to the number 3 parking pad.

the biggest plane that airport should see is the HC130 and thats due to the coast gaurd base and thier need for that plane. and as i stated that plane works fine at the airport.

Usdafksjdlhfadfasdfsdarewr.jpg

Ok ok its your island, I was thinking more allong something like this without the military section thats specially build for the AN124 and the new hercules by DKM Jaguar... This is older screenshot though...

Just to show you not getting you upset again! wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Im sorry btw for posting the way I did! sad_o.gifsmile_o.gif