Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Decisive Killing Machines

For updates check the DKM site.

The interior was modelled from new by SniperSkull of Combat! addons.

Just thinking.. it's really going to screw me over if BIS releases a C-130 with Armed Assualt if I don't finish mine first  rofl.gif

Yours will have cool scripts and you are making it in such a way that you can interperate every c130 ever made, the only thing you can't do on yours in change the serial number apart from that from what i herd you can do everything.

For updates check the DKM site.

The interior was modelled from new by SniperSkull of Combat! addons.

Just thinking.. it's really going to screw me over if BIS releases a C-130 with Armed Assualt if I don't finish mine first  rofl.gif

yeah as if the BIS one would be as elite as this model that your making! rofl.gif

iqaf_07.jpg

tounge2.gif

that's a modified pic right. I wasn' aware that the Iraqi even have a Air Force and isn't the Iraqi Air Force called the United States Air Force

Iraq received 2 C130B from Jordan and 3 ex USAF C130E

C-130E

- YI-301, c/n 382-3802, ex 62-1839

- YI-302, c/n 382-3790, ex 62-1826

- YI-303, c/n 382-3903, ex 63-7826

and no its not called USairforce..

Iraqi Air Force (IqAF) and Iraqi Army Air Corps tounge2.gif

Article here

[Please remove image tags when quoting]

This is going off-topic but...

crazy_o.gif Iraqui Air Force with C-130s?? what´s next? Iraqui C-17s?

rofl.gif

This is going off-topic but...

crazy_o.gif Iraqui Air Force with C-130s?? what´s next? Iraqui C-17s?

rofl.gif

hmm not really offtopic.. we are still discussing C130s..

tounge2.gif

surely you lot can see that the Iraq writing on that plane looks like a drunk hobo with no hands painted it on?

the moral of the story? if you're shit in photoshop, dont bother trying to make fake pictures biggrin_o.gif

Or this article from AirForces Monthly

Iraqi1.jpgIraqi2.jpgIraqi3.jpg

wink_o.gif

P.S. Apologies for the wonky scan whistle.gif

Guys Iraqi C-130's were already mentioned on page 6 of this topic. I even included a pic icon_rolleyes.gif

:O I didn't realised Deadmeat was still around!

Aye, looks very badly painted.

:O I didn't realised Deadmeat was still around!

Aye, looks very badly painted.

It isnt painted over.. only the text was changed to Iraqi Air Force and a iraqi flag was put on it.. It has still the color of the old USAF C130. tounge2.gif

You wont get rid of me that easily wink_o.gif

As for the aircraft, its quite probable that the titles and flag were applied by a paint shop in the US prior to shipping to Iraq.

The font seems to be very similar to Amarillo USAF (font details can be found on the BAS Site) and this would make sense if it was painted by Americans prior to leaving the US.

Comparison

noseart.jpg

As Vixer rightly points out, the rest of the colourscheme is standard USAF grey.

The text in the article also confirms it.

Quote[/b] ]Transports:

Jordan has donated two C-130B Hercules tactical transport aircraft. The aircraft were formerly in service with the Royal Jordanian Air Force (RJAF) but were put into storage in the early 1990s. Prior to delivery, they will be fully overhauled. The CPA announced in April 2004 a requirement of a total of six C-130 Hercules aircraft. Three ex-USAF C-130E Hercules aircraft were handed over in January 2005 by the United States. Prior to delivery the aircraft had been overhauled and although still in USAF transport colors it carries Iraqi Air Force titles and the Iraqi flag on the tail.

Also.. if the Iraqi C130 is getting made, Don't forget the bloodhand on the fuselage  tounge2.gif

Photo fuselage

Quote[/b] ]Recently, I attended an event marking the activation of an Iraqi Air Transport Squadron.  It was the formal beginning of the Iraqi Air Force.  Indeed, progress is being made.  Following Iraqi custom, the airmen slaughtered five sheep before the ceremony and dipped their hands in the blood.  They then put hand prints on the fuselage of the plane.  Iraqi interpreters explained to me that this was a “good omen†and is based upon the sacrifices documented in the Old Testament.  In short, the blood is symbolic of God’s protection.  I understand that this is also done when it involves protecting precious personal items in the life of the Iraqi people.

goodnight.gif

News:

The C-130 exterior model is being completely rebuilt by RockofSL. It will look better and have less faces. This will effect the release date but the overall quality will be better as a result.

smile_o.gif

News:

The C-130 exterior model is being completely rebuilt by RockofSL. It will look better and have less faces. This will effect the release date but the overall quality will be better as a result.

smile_o.gif

Good to hear! thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
News:

smile_o.gif

Hi I just thought i'd explain whats going on a bit...

The DKM C-130 is derived from the OPGWC one, if anyone has taken the time to look at it you'll know how much of a state its in.  While Jaguar had done a lot of work to bring it up to scratch it really needed re modelling to make it viable for OFP use.

The original model came in at over 10,000 vertices and 9800 faces in the first Res LoD.  I've created a new external model for it that is currently sitting around 5200 vertices and 6200 faces.  With working landing gear, doors etc.  The flight model has been tweaked so that it doesnt fly like a fighter but can still AI land at airports.

On the subject of the inevitable question, Release dates..the model is about 70% re built (in 2 days so far).  The interior still needs textureing but that is up to Jag :P But hopefully it wont be too long before the first Beta goes out.

Just to head off some other questions...this collaboration doesnt mean the end of either DKM or RKSL.  Neither Jaguar or I are planning on closing either of our sites.  We're just helping each other out.

News:

smile_o.gif

Hi I just thought i'd explain whats going on a bit...

The DKM C-130 is derived from the OPGWC one, if anyone has taken the time to look at it you'll know how much of a state its in.  While Jaguar are done a lot of work to bring it up to scratch it really needed re modelling to make it viable for OFP use.

The original model came in at over 10,000 vertices and 9800 faces in the first Res LoD.  I've created a new external model for it that is currently sitting around 5200 vertices and 6200 faces.  With working landing gear, doors etc.  The flight model has been tweaked so that it doesnt fly like a fighter but can still AI land at airports.

On the subject of the inevitable question, Release dates..the model is about 70% re built (in 2 days so far).  The interior still needs textureing but that is up to Jag :P But hopefully it wont be too long before the first Beta goes out.

Just to head off some other questions...this collaboration doesnt mean the end of either DKM or RKSL.  Neither Jaguar or I are planning on closing either of our sites.  We're just helping each other out.

Good work dude great to see mods working together sitead of working against each other

Please dont forgot the C30 version!

could you show us some screenshots of the new model, and maybee of the changes???

this baby is going to be one of the best addons in ofp im sure!

If you mean it doesn't look like it will be out before Armd asslt then you might be mistaken. smile_o.gif It's going to be closer to release a lot quicker now, despite the fact that more needs doing.

Before I could not view the model in bulldozer, and as skinning requires a lot of visual checking I had to save my changes, pbo the addon, load up ofp, go into desert island and inspect the mapping there, for every change. Thanks to the far more effecient (and better looking, it must be said) model, texturing it is now far easier.

The model from Rock is far better proportioned and looks very, very close to the real thing in my opinion.

Not to mention the nifty animations he has already put in, something which had not even been started on the old model.

There are no screens to show yet, as I said a lot needs doing, but it is getting done.

oh please dont zap me oh might one (DKM Jaguar) but i think nx_illusion was drawing the parity that some OFP addons will be compatible with Armed Assault and that the addon quality which you have presented will still be an addon which sets the standards in Armed Assault.

In other words I think he meant well.