Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Decisive Killing Machines

they look a little small to be much use, but i guess thats just because the C130 is so large...

would be easy to implement... similiar to STOL on other aircraft - just clever use of setvelocity smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]they look a little small to be much use, but i guess thats just because the C130 is so large...

Hehe put a few on your car and you'll be doing 200 mph in 4 secs! biggrin_o.gifwow_o.gifwink_o.gif

No I think its still in use with squadrons who operate in enviroments or situations where they need to take off on short runway... smile_o.gif

It would be really cool! blues.gif

Funny you should say that, there was a guy that strapped one of those to his pickup and set it off. They found him half way through a cliff quite a few miles down the road. Turns out you kind turn the car at jet assisted speeds  crazy_o.gif

Anyway, dunno what he thought was gonna happen. rock.gif Oh well.  smile_o.gif

I've heard of C130s using JATO on short runways smile_o.gif

bahaahahahahaahahahahahah to think somebody actually that stupid! biggrin_o.gif

edit

Couldnt this be made like the Jetfighters have afterburner... Only JATO rockets fire 1 time only I believe? Also put 4 on both sides of fuselage and make nice smoke behind and fire offcourse! smile_o.gif

Also I was just thinking about units which use this thing, and then I remember seeing a picture of a artic unit using JATO and also SKI's under the C-130! wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Yep, I think they're just one burst and then they're through. I'll do a bit of reading on it maybe... smile_o.gif

JATO isn't a one-time use only, RATO (Rocket), on the other hand, is.

You're the expert  smile_o.gif

RATO in action  wow_o.gif

Apparently it was used for especially heavily laden planes on very short strips like in Vietnam smile_o.gif

The Blue Angles use JATO on their C-130, its also part of the show.... They have a nickname for their 130, don't remember it though.

The Blue Angles use JATO on their C-130, its also part of the show.... They have a nickname for their 130, don't remember it though.

Fat Albert

the vechile became airborne.....

like that guy flew with his car?!.....ok

------------

Those wings on aircrafts are not just for style.........no shit wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

actually i saw it on mythbusters some time ago...(about the dude with the jato car)

they make a show about myths and recreate them to see if they are true or not...they actually tried to get jato's from the us airforce but they didn't supply them tounge_o.gif so they took a 60 sumthing chevy with hydraulic suspension and lowered the front..built in a radio controlled steering mechanism...then they strapped 3 of the most powerfull hobby rocket engines on top of the car...you should have seen that car blast away crazy_o.gif i think it did something like 400 km an hour or so...the chopper they where in couldn't keep up!don't know if the myth was confirmed or busted though...

it is on discoverychannel here in the netherlands

ps nice planes!!! biggrin_o.gif

I supose this feature in the Hercules would be handy. If we could clear areas of BIS woods it would be very nice to get one of this taking off a improvised air strip.

"Mith busters", in "Discovery channel", I was pissing my self watching them shooting a chicken against a plane windscreen. they also proved that ice bulets are impossible. Very interesting, but they get in my nerves.

Regards.

@CERO

The best in meh opinion was the show in which they blew the S*** wow_o.gif out of a trumpet! smile_o.gif

I saw a show on the history of the C-130.... It can take-off in just 400ft... Wow, thats amazing.

It's great to see a good focus on the C-130's here in OFP, the backbone behind the main NATO airlift squadrons.

BTW, you guys at DKM should back your MLOD's and texture work up 5 times so it will be available for using in OFP 2. That's just too good of a potential addon to let something hit the fan.

Just to reiterate, JATO is not on my current list of to-do's. It may follow, if anyone who's suggesting it here thinks they could do it, then contact me and we'll see.

I personally don't have the scripting knowledge to complete that effectively.

couldt you do it in the menu like the jetfighters have AFTERBURNER ON ....?

But only make it useable 1 time only?

smile_o.gif

like those jettisson fuel tanks,you use the fuel and drop them or not