Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Decisive Killing Machines

Guest RKSL-Rock

The model is progressing pretty well. With the internal for the first res LOD coming in at approx 6400 vertices 7200 polys.

Its now the correct size and proportions

The current passenger biased config carries 85 in cargo with an additional 2 crew.

Intended Features:

Animated Crew Doors

Side Jump Doors

Cargo Ramps

Custom Startup scripts

Damage scripts, smoke etc

I've got some ideas for cargo scritping and paradrop stuff to do first with the help of UNN but things are progressing nicely.

Screenshots are sometime away, sorry.

Any chance of a thrust reverse script Rock?

I look forward to seeing the new model anyway. It looked great before so I can only imagine how it looks now.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Its not impossible but that will be one of the last things i do...

Right now I'm just trying to get it all together as quickly as possible so that Jag can texture it. The cockpit will need work though which is going to slow it down a bit. But we'll get there.

In other words I think he meant well.

I thought he did too... sorry if my post seemed at all agressive wow_o.gif (seems to keep happening.)

I don't know if it could compete with armed assualt stuff. wink_o.gif

hahahahah this is soo elite

I told Rock some time ago that every addon he's making I really would looove to have ingame. And now another freaking addon to add to the list.

You guys are going to make another BAS Blackhawk! UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER UBER ADDON!

Thank you guys for your time and hard work for us gamers!

Ehh where shall I send those 2 crates of beer? thumbs-up.gif

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif All hail the great addonmakers!

I feel like yay.gif now!

Are you kidding!

Man If your telling us its gotten better then the pictures you have shown us. Well then Im satified more then enough. yay.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Are you kidding!

Man If your telling us its gotten better then the pictures you have shown us. Well then Im satified more then enough.  yay.gif   biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Hes just trying to make sure people dont get too  excited smile_o.gif

Both Jag and I are trying to make sure we produce something good.  Whether or not its going to be 'special' we'll let you guys decide.  huh.gif

tounge2.gif

Are you kidding!

Man If your telling us its gotten better then the pictures you have shown us. Well then Im satified more then enough.  yay.gif   biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Hes just trying to make sure people dont get too  excited smile_o.gif

Both Jag and I are trying to make sure we produce something good.  Whether or not its going to be 'special' we'll let you guys decide.  huh.gif

tounge2.gif

Not special? Are you guys crazy both RSKL and DKM have the reputation for being the top mods for OFP

I was just reading your topic rock and I was thinking about this model. Will it have uber flare system like most C-130's have and especially the AC-130 in real life shoots those great big walls of fire so to speak...? >> I know AC isnt in the pack!

I was thinking about sams and this baby! smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
I was just reading your topic rock and I was thinking about this model. Will it have uber flare system like most C-130's have and especially the AC-130 in real life shoots those great big walls of fire so to speak...? >> I know AC isnt in the pack!

I was thinking about sams and this baby! smile_o.gif

Yeah its going to have full counter measures. I know the flares spreads you are talking about so I'll do my best. tounge2.gif

Are you kidding!

Man If your telling us its gotten better then the pictures you have shown us. Well then Im satified more then enough. yay.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Well the work rock's put in is incredible.. but people always tend to treat each addon release like it's OFP2, and going to change their gaming forever, then complain it was over-rated.

Likelyhood is the majority of players will play with it in mission editor for 5 minutes then download something else, and that's fine, but really the people who are going to see a real benefit of having this is their addon folders are those who will get into the real bulk of mission making and put the time into creating scenarios where this aircraft would be used, it takes more time and effort but players will get more out of it.

I intend to have a series of missions included with the pack to get peoples' imaginations started, but from there it's down to the player to get as much out of it as they put in.

So, don't expect the next ECP or Armed Assault, and you can't be disapointed. smile_o.gif

Are you kidding!

Well the work rock's put in is incredible.. but people always tend to treat each addon release like it's OFP2, and going to change their gaming forever, then complain it was over-rated.

Likelyhood is the majority of players will play with it in mission editor for 5 minutes then download something else, and that's fine, but really the people who are going to see a real benefit of having this is their addon folders are those who will get into the real bulk of mission making and put the time into creating scenarios where this aircraft would be used, it takes more time and effort but players will get more out of it.

I intend to have a series of missions included with the pack to get peoples' imaginations started, but from there it's down to the player to get as much out of it as they put in.

So, don't expect the next ECP or Armed Assault, and you can't be disapointed.  smile_o.gif

Finally an addon with some missions.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Well what we are tying to do is break that cycle of New addon no missions.  It usually happens becasue people dont know what the addon is used for or is capable of.

I think with some of the stuff we're talking about, features etc it should make the C130 actually the mission not just a part of a mission.

There are no promises here; but we're trying to create something that will make things like supply drops, Infiltration, covert landings, Combat drops, Extractions etc a practical option. Scenerios where you have to fly the aircraft into enemy territory actually providing a realistic service in a combat environment whilst getting shot at.  Where you suffer dammage and failures as a result and you have to deal with the consequences. Where its going to take planning and skill on the part of the player to complete the mission.

Thats the intent anyway  whistle.gif if we can pull it off it should be good smile_o.gif

Will it have internal cargo for jeeps and things? Phil Commando has a good cargo script on his USS Tawara/ LCAC which allows APC/Tanks and troops to be locked into place on the moveing vehicle. Just a thought. Good Luck and I am looking forward to this addon and its many uses!

Guest RKSL-Rock
Will it have internal cargo for jeeps and things?

Thats the plan.

Quote[/b] ]but people always tend to treat each addon release like it's OFP2, and going to change their gaming forever, then complain it was over-rated.

No way, I'm just looking forward to a good quality C130 I could use for British missions that can carry cargo.  thumbs-up.gif

No prob if you're not doing a Brit one, at least it would be a c130 that can carry cargo. tounge2.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Daniel @ Sep. 04 2005,11:04)]
Quote[/b] ]but people always tend to treat each addon release like it's OFP2, and going to change their gaming forever, then complain it was over-rated.

No way, I'm just looking forward to a good quality C130 I could use for British missions that can carry cargo.  thumbs-up.gif

No prob if you're not doing a Brit one, at least it would be a c130 that can carry cargo.  tounge2.gif

I have every intention of making British version even if Jag doesn't smile_o.gif

I read that a number of different countries will be modelled? is that still the case( just read that the brits will get one) what about the rest of the world? And what about variants?

Would it be possible once RockofSL's SAM scripts are done to make a EC-130 with jamming/radar finding/target handoff scripts?

Keep up the great work biggrin_o.gif

PS this is not a request but merely a question

Quote[/b] ]I have every intention of making British version even if Jag doesn't

You just made my day. biggrin_o.gif

Well what we are tying to do is break that cycle of New addon no missions.  It usually happens becasue people dont know what the addon is used for or is capable of.

I think with some of the stuff we're talking about, features etc it should make the C130 actually the mission not just a part of a mission.

There are no promises here; but we're trying to create something that will make things like supply drops, Infiltration, covert landings, Combat drops, Extractions etc a practical option.  Scenerios where you have to fly the aircraft into enemy territory actually providing a realistic service in a combat environment whilst getting shot at.  Where you suffer dammage and failures as a result and you have to deal with the consequences.  Where its going to take planning and skill on the part of the player to complete the mission.

Thats the intent anyway  whistle.gif if we can pull it off it should be good smile_o.gif

I agree, BAS did the same thing and that's what made their addons so enjoyable can't wait to see some missions.

I think half the enjoyment of the BAS missions was the cut scenes man they were good and it showed the capabilities of the addon.

Sorry I would help out but I'm an armour man, the only time I sawwas a c130 was when I was with ADGs (Air Defence Guards)doing base protection and the c130 was only taxing, and if you ever met guys in Armour we are a pretty boring bunch so I can't give you ideas.

rock have you also checked out the stuff about the C-130H30 which is a bit longer?> Ive mentioned it all to Jaguar some time ago. I was wondering if you have done anything on a C30 model yet? No pressure just maybee you have screenshot ? huh.gif There is also more space inside these and they can fit more vehicles and or cargo!

And if your planning on making it very usefull in missions, may I suggest you give it a strong undercarriage so it will handle rough landings. I like doing to bushlanding kinda thing, just a dirt road somewhere in the middle of nowwhere, and with a propper hercules that will be really elite! But sometimes you have to slam it down and on dirt road there are bumps and such. Some planes then blow up because they have reached the level they can handle.

And maybee also as extra something like the whole aircraft filled with pallets with rice. And then I assume your also going for the low alt drop system with the parachute dragging it out of the back... Well it would be nice for a mission on its own if you could load it up with rice to drop over Tonali for instance! And then like you'd have 5 pallets, and you can either drop them 1 by 1 or the empty the whole load!

I hope you guys will also get arround to the suggested 2nd pack, with the high tech birds, like a EC, and also maybee one with daisycutter? Too bad a AC version would only be for screenshots and such...

Keep it up guys, Ill be one of those guys using this addon allot.

ps. you could also do a rover in dropcrate, or warrior in dropcrate for the UK version! wow_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
rock have you also checked out the stuff about the C-130H30 which is a bit longer?> Ive mentioned it all to Jaguar some time ago. I was wondering if you have done anything on a C30 model yet?

The Stretched 30’s are no problem. They haven’t been modelled but they will be.

No pressure just maybee you have screenshot ? huh.gif

Please don’t get pushy… we’ll post some screenies when we are ready.

And if your planning on making it very usefull in missions, may I suggest you give it a strong undercarriage so it will handle rough landings… Some planes then blow up because they have reached the level they can handle.

Don’t worry it will be sorted we’ve already thought about all of this.

And maybee also as extra something like the whole aircraft filled with pallets with rice. And then I assume your also going for the low alt drop system with the parachute dragging it out of the back... Well it would be nice for a mission on its own if you could load it up with rice to drop over Tonali for instance! And then like you'd have 5 pallets, and you can either drop them 1 by 1 or the empty the whole load!

Cargo loads will depend on the cargo system we use. I’m not going to commit to anything just yet until we’re sure we can deliver.

I hope you guys will also get arround to the suggested 2nd pack, with the high tech birds, like a EC, and also maybee one with daisycutter? Too bad a AC version would only be for screenshots and such...

How about we get the 1st pack out first!

whistle.gif

rock have you also checked out the stuff about the C-130H30 which is a bit longer?> Ive mentioned it all to Jaguar some time ago.

At that time I had lengthened the C-130 model and I displayed pictures, I remember because I had to explain the textures were stretched because they were still the size of the smaller C-130. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

The 2nd pack was an idea I explored several months ago in the discussion of this pack, it is not promised and by far Rock and myself are concentrating on all the standard C-130s, which I plan to do MOST skins used. I know Rockape is planning on modelling all British ones, and I expect we will have the majority of the US ones (in terms of skin variations), I already listed the C-130 types on the DKM site, but I still get PMs asking if I'm making X-type. This is not a dig at anyone specific, but please read the rest of the topic, or at least the DKM site before asking questions..

I think I remember mentioning the Daisycutter would not make an appearance probably in any pack, it's too hollywood and the kind of thing which is just for a laugh, this pack is meant to be more than that really. The only reason you would use it would be to see the big bang, you'd wipe out any opposition on the island and walk-over the mission, that's not to me what OFP is about.

Drops: we both have a lot planned, but only so much is possible. There are two main types of parachute drop used to my knowledge, for cargo. One is dropping the object from a height allowing the parachute(s) to open and for it to drift to the ground. Another is to have the object on a palet which is pulled out the rear of the plane by a small parachute, so it lands at relatively low speed. I'm not sure which is possible, but we're investigating it. Also different types of drops, ammo, aid, etc are all planned, but seriously this has been ALL mentioned before......

Hope this answers any questions people might have..

Man this is going to be the best cargo plane addon ever!! a time ago there were some pictures displayed of the patriot system....you said that, maybe it was not going to be in flashpoint....are you still thinking that way, or are you going to finish it for ArmA...