Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Decisive Killing Machines

*Gets giddy*

Can't wait for [GNAT]'s next release too, his B52s were awesome. Hopefully an AC130 is next on his list for release. biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, can't wait Jag, you're doing a great, highly anticipated job! notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

Jaguar m8 I have a feeling that we will see soon a couple of releases whistle.gif

You know something I don't? huh.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Jag, will we be able to use any roundels with the C-130's?

If i may - i'll make sure it gets into the model pack. I intended on doing something to make markings easier anyway.

Hey guys long time since we heared something about it? Anything new that ya could tell us? whistle.gif Screenshots or something?

Guest RKSL-Rock

Well i've completely rebuilt the model now with data from a more reliable source. (FAS, Global Security etc are all conflicting and hopelessly out of date compared to Jane's commercial and others. So the model is now the right size for each type. Jag is working on the textures again and im trying to integrate some of the scripts we wanted to add as well as the details (aerials, lumps and bumps etc).

In short we now have something that looks and flies like a C-130. we're just adding the details to the model and skinning it.

As for screenies, the current texture that’s on the base model isn’t very nice so i wouldn’t want to disappoint you with it. But once we have something presentable we will post some proper screenies.

Very nice but remmember to copy paste the faces with transparent teatures when you have changed the model it look bad when you can see through the plane. smile_o.gif

STGN

Guest RKSL-Rock
Very nice but remmember to copy paste the faces with transparent teatures when you have changed the model it look bad when you can see through the plane. smile_o.gif

STGN

yes we know all the pics are really just Work in Progress - we only noticed them afer Jag had taken the shots.

Actualy heres a tip for you - dont cut and paster - selected the polys with the transparency and goto "faces" > "move to top" - does it alot better. Make sit easier to use multiple alpha layers.

Actualy heres a tip for you - dont cut and paster - selected the polys with the transparency and goto "faces" > "move to top" - does it alot better. Make sit easier to use multiple alpha layers.

thnx for the tip!

Great job on the baby guys, she looks awesome.

Looks beautiful even in that texture. Top work.

Quote[/b] ]Fore the first release we wont be doing an AC-130 please don't ask for one.  The current aircraft turret system has some limits and causes significant problems that mean altering the models a lot.

poppycock ! :P wink_o.gif

You either mean "current aircraft turret system" as in non-existant turrets for planes or the "cargo-proxy" scripted method ..... either way I don't understand the "that mean altering the models a lot" comment.

Turret Thread

Guest RKSL-Rock
Gnat @ Nov. 09 2005,10:28)]Looks beautiful even in that texture. Top work.
Quote[/b] ]Fore the first release we wont be doing an AC-130 please don't ask for one.  The current aircraft turret system has some limits and causes significant problems that mean altering the models a lot.

poppycock ! :P wink_o.gif

You either mean "current aircraft turret system" as in non-existant turrets for planes or the "cargo-proxy" scripted method ..... either way I don't understand the "that mean altering the models a lot" comment.

Turret Thread

Quote[/b] ]For the first release we wont be doing an AC-130

I didnt say we wouldnt be making one and i do mean the cargo proxy method.

To get the system working on this model means producing a geo lod that that affects the performance of the aircraft. I built a test bed when i read that thread and about 50% of the time it destroyed itself before anything else.  To stop that i ended up with a geo lod that caused problems and made the flight model totally unrealistic and the AI couldnt fly it properly.  It either couldnt land on its own or a number of odd things started happening.

To fix it to my own satisfaction would take quite a bit of testing and development.  Considering the number of versions both Jag and I have planned its not worth wasting time devloping a new geo for 1 model and delaying the release of the main pack.

no rush for a ac-130 i think, finnish the main project smile_o.gif

would be more than glad for some proper nice elite textured and modeled c-130's inlove.gif

a question, will it go well togheter with the aircraft hangers you guys made? whistle.gif

and any chance you can have some script to call that makes the aircraft reverse so you ca back in to hangers or parking lots for aircrafts? tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

even with the grey texture like that i think it looks fantastic.

Guest RKSL-Rock
a question, will it go well togheter with the aircraft hangers you guys made?  whistle.gif

The C-130H is a 40.41m wingspan so yeah it does fit in the RKSL hangers.

...and any chance you can have some script to call that makes the aircraft reverse so you ca back in to hangers or parking lots for aircrafts?  tounge2.gif   biggrin_o.gif

We're hoping to do that - currently there is a thrust reverse script  which is really just a brake.  But since neither Jag or I are any good at scripts it may be pushing our skills a bit too far whistle.gif   But if we can we will add it.

biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
just a clever use of set velocity should do it  smile_o.gif

its the "clever" part we're struggling with rofl.gif

hehhe tounge2.gif

how about reversing an afterburner script... its the same basic concept - you can switch engines on and select afterburner and it pushes you forward with no need for the W key... if you reverse the trig and lower the velocity it5 should work as your reverse thrust wink_o.gif