Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

SPECNAZ

I just saw a game called Specnaz: Project wolf.  It looks similar to ofp and has mannable vehicles.  Here is a link to some trailers.

Video 1

Video 2

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Never heard of it, but it looks like a great combination of OFP with some other FPS.

It does look good, and even similar to OFP in some parts

CHEATERS!!! mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

They stole tonals terrain and mapfacts tower models not to mention copied Inv1944's grass and loads of other things , the game looks like its developers looked at ofp and then made a shrunked copy of its models and stuff crazy_o.gif

CHEATERS!!! mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

They stole tonals terrain and mapfacts tower models not to mention copied Inv1944's grass and loads of other things , the game looks like its developers looked at ofp and then made a shrunked copy of its models and stuff crazy_o.gif

...are you serious? rock.gif

I think it looks great, myself, very much like the Delta Force games (in a good way, doesn't look as Rambo-ish) and with a nice, realistic look and feel to it as far as I can judge by those short trailers. I hope there are iron sights other than the VSS scopes, a crosshair is used to fire the pistol all the time...

Indeed, it looks really nice and has a better feel to it than most unrealistic shooters. The crosshair concerns me too though.

btw it shows some similarities with ofp, it's probably even inspired by it, but running around yelling they stole actual models... rock.gif not unless you're 100% sure and I am definately not that.

Actually, This has been posted some years ago. I seem to remember this from somewhere. It is an old project. Well, months maybe.

extract from IGN.com

Quote[/b] ]News

Images of Specnaz - November 11, 2002

The first-person shooter dubbed Project Wolf has had its soul stolen. How? Someone took screens of it. I'm so totally fired.

Slovakian SPECNAZ - March 1, 2002

It's always a happy occasion when we get to introduce a new game to you. Welcome SPECNAZ: Project Wolf.

Quote[/b] ]The title which will be held in Yemen, in Iran, in Afghanistan, in Uzbekistan and in Myanmar will propose more than 70 missions and will make so that the player can repair his weapons if they had been suddenly deteriorated. And besides while speaking about weapons you will have of it right to a score among which grenades, of Semtex, a RPG-18, a RG-6, Steckin with silencer, a SVD Dragunov, etc. Several vehicles could also be used and it is by the means of its solo mode and its challenges online and LAN that the title of GMX Media will try to take a lead in a crenel already extremely encumbered on PC.

Game site.

Doesn't look like OFP to me at all. rock.gif

The game looks like some kind of DF but with some nice looking textures, acording to the site it should have been released in Q3 2004 rock.gif . It looks beta but still somewhat interesting, i confused this one with another Specnaz game in the making, looks nothing like OPF to me rock.gif.

Not very demanding:

System Requirements

Pentium III 733 MHz

128 Mb RAM

16MB Graphics Card

900 Mb of hard disk space

Windows 98 / Windows 2000 / Windows ME / Windows XP

DirectX 9 ...

Also theres these under the featured weapon list:

Delta Force Weapons

M4 + M203

M40A1

MP5SD

M4S Experimental

M249-SAW

Barrett M82A1( Light Fifty )

Colt Delta Elite

Glock 18C Tactical...

Delta Force too rock.gif .

You will cooperate with Delta Force in afghanistan...

if you can have ironsights, and change weapons, and drive more vehicles then a jeep (don't get your hopes up, Farcry supported only cars aswell), i've got some hopes that this will be a nice game...

However, we only saw desert, I have yet to see a jungle / urban area.

However, we only saw desert, I have yet to see a jungle / urban area.

Indeed, flat desert environments don't take much work at all compared to built-up, vegetated areas, that makes them perfect for (early) demos such as this. I do think there will be more wooded areas. Myanmar is on the locations list.

The plot is a bit disappointing though, from the very start the objective is to save the world from some nukes in the hands of scaary (clichéd) Middle Eastern terrorists again, same old stuff...would be nice to see some mini-campaigns trying to mimic real-life ops as closely as possible instead of that saving the world BS, that's usually a bad sign...even though OFP eventually ended that way. wink_o.gif

if you can have ironsights, and change weapons, and drive more vehicles then a jeep (don't get your hopes up, Farcry supported only cars aswell), i've got some hopes that this will be a nice game...

indeed. but it seems like they are trying to make weapons changeable. in some of the screenshots posted above, you can see sometext on bottom left-hand side saying "ak47 dropped" or something like that.

indeed. but it seems like they are trying to make weapons changeable. in some of the screenshots posted above, you can see sometext on bottom left-hand side saying "ak47 dropped" or something like that.

Might be debug messaging code. It says "actor_001: ak47 dropped", so I'm guessing it means that NPC's drop. But also see UAZ2 which has the message

"new account: ak47 dropped"

followed by

"new account: vss vintorez taken"

Personally I think it dosn't look much of OFP.

About the only similarity to OFP that I see is that the UAZ looks like a UAZ.

Same, i see no similarities with OFP anymore than with anyother game. I like the idea of moving your squad about by click on a sattalite view, i think you can get their movements done alot more precisley than clicking on a map or in 1st person view like with OFP. Graphics look nice too. If the multiplayer is good i think i would buy it, but if its just like Delta Force games then i'd leave it.

Yea it doesnt not look as good as ofp as far as the islands and i doubt it has a mission editor worth anything but it looks interesting. It has yet to be released though and it does not apear to be coming out any time soon. Also looks like it needs a bunch of polishing.

First thing that comes to mind...

"dum-dee-dee-dum... (Z)oldner..."

crazy_o.gif

Once again, OFP leads the way.

I heard of that game and was sort of following it for a while now.

It doesn't seem to good

the AI looked very dull in the latest trailer (maybe they just made the AI dumb for the trailer purpose? )

So many possibilitys for a game about Spetsnaz and they make something like this sad_o.gif

I rather take a game with a "Vietcong" style fighting in the mountains of chechnya